FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

+4
Kathryn Lacey
[Soma]
Silvan Arrow
Aesalon
8 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP - Page 3 Empty Re: Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:30 am

First, I would like to let everyone know that the proper spelling of my character's name, it is spelled I-n-w-ë. The ë is achieved by typing Alt+0235. You don't have to do that, but I can assure you, I will be adding all of the accents and such on everyone elses' character's names, so it would be nice if you all did it, too.

Second, I would like to know in which season this is taking place. I'm going to post my post, but if I have assumed it's the wrong season, then I will edit my post.

Third, I know I've said this a lot, but honestly, if any of you see anything in my post you think is incorrect, please tell me even if you think you sound mean, I don't care. I just don't want to have an error. ^^_^^;;

Also! It would be awesome if the OoC was linked in the first IC post. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP - Page 3 Empty Re: Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

Post by Igraine Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:43 am

Ever since you corrected my dyslexic fingers on the spelling of "Tolkien," I've been dying to do this, Kathryn.

It should be “How fares your homeland?”

Giggle okies... I'm good now. hehe I keeeeeeed!!! Hug

I thought it was all very good, as was everyone's posts, really. *thumbs up* Now I can't guarantee I'll get accents right, because I've never figured out quite how to do that on a keyboard, to be honest. : / BUT... I can cut and paste names, So I'll do my best.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:50 am

Yeah, sorry about not getting the accents right. I honestly didn't know the right keystrokes for it, but I'll make a point to do so in the future. Can I just say that this RP is going to be epic? ^_^
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:07 am

OMG! Thank you! I think I put about fifty "fair"s in my post, so it was only natural that I misspell the one that had a different meaning. I don't mind people correcting my spelling, either, btw. I like my posts to be all that they can be. Like... the Army((or is that the slogan for the Navy?)) only better. ^^_^^

I spent like... four hours on that post. I'm so glad this is in the Casual section. I don't think I could handle how difficult this role play is if it was in Advanced, too.

It's difficult in a good way. I loves me a challenge! ^o_~^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:16 am

Great! That ends the 'prologue' - I will post the 'chapter 1' intro today. (Assuming that work is not too much...well...work.) Smile

Thanks to everyone for being a part of this. Very Happy
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:32 pm

A note on timeframes.

The events described in the 'Chapter 1' Intro, occured the night right before the party left Rivendell.

Basically (About) 90 Orcs are on a collision course with us, they are moving during the day in hopes to make the Last Bridge before daybreak tomorrow - When sundown comes the Orcs and our group will be roughly 2 miles apart.

Any questions? Fire away.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:41 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:First, I would like to let everyone know that the proper spelling of my character's name, it is spelled I-n-w-ë. The ë is achieved by typing Alt+0235. You don't have to do that, but I can assure you, I will be adding all of the accents and such on everyone elses' character's names, so it would be nice if you all did it, too.

Technically, my characters name would be Séodred, but I didn't want to force people to use accents, for it is troublesome for those who aren't used to it.
I'm going to keep it unaccented, since it is just a casual role play and I don't want to be bothersome with details.
Since I'm doing that with my own character, I will probably end up doing the same to yours...but I will try my best to remember not to.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:46 pm

Well, it's no trouble for me to spell your character's name as Séodred. I've had the é memorized for years. It's Alt+0233. It was especially useful when typing reports in Spanish class.

Is it all right to assume that it's autumn, Aeselon, or would it make more sense to be some other season?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:11 pm

I'll leave it up to the RP owner if he wants to require accents or not.
Also, I'd just like to say...you guys all rock! Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:17 pm

Well, I'm not going to be irritated if people don't use the accent on my character's name, but I'm going to include the accents on the names of everyone else just because I think it will look better.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:47 pm

It does look better that way Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Kathrine - Spring has sprung in the north - Just to make things a little more specific, mid-May.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Hehe, spring has sprung.... x3
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://www.sickburnsides.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Um... It's Kathryn... Thanks...

I'll go ahead and edit my post. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Accents, ahhh - believe it or not, this was a big thing when I was running a MERP pen-and-paper game a few years ago. (MERP is Middle-Earth Role Playing btw.) Smile

I think I am going back to correct mine, I agree it looks better - but since this is a casual RP I won't require it of anyone...and I'm sure that in the future I will miss some anyway. Doh
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Um... It's Kathryn... Thanks...

Hah, sorry, I knew that - I work with a Kathrine and a Catherine, so there is some clutter in that department. Smile My brain is just not as quick as my fingers sometimes.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Aesalon wrote:
Kathryn Lacey wrote:Um... It's Kathryn... Thanks...

Hah, sorry, I knew that - I work with a Kathrine and a Catherine, so there is some clutter in that department. Smile My brain is just not as quick as my fingers sometimes.

Speaking of that, has anyone here read An Abundance of Katherines by my future husband John Green?
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:04 pm

I have not forgotten this one - I was just waiting to see if Silvone would like to reply before I post mine. *big smile*
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Argus.... Let me see what I can do.

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 am

In my last post, I announced orcs in the horizon.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:49 am

*nodnod* I know, Cyber. I'm just coordinating my post is all. Very Happy
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:09 am

I understand, I just wanted to relay the message to others also.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:26 am

Alright, Igraine, I've posted. Its all yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Egh, sorry, the way I read it it seemed like your character was probably still kind of far ahead when he said that and therefore the humans wouldn't have heard, but maybe I misread.

*edit* Ugh, yeah, major misreadage, lo siento mucho. Will fix...
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:15 pm

Hey, I just wanted to drop a little FYI and say that I may be MIA for the next few days. I'm flying up to Pennsylvania for a research conference, so I won't have as much free time to access the internet. I'll be back on Sunday, but I should have enough time between now and then to scrounge up something to post so I don't get too far behind.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:54 pm

Argh!
I was typing my post on a Word doc (makes it easier to make the people at work think that I'm actually working) finished, and went to lunch - while I was gone a power blurb shut everything down - If you hear a REALLY loud grinding noise, it is my teeth.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:05 pm

So this RP is "currently closed to new players," right?
Well... if that changes sometime, I have a redeemable Avari mini-villain all lined up. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Aesalon wrote:Argh!
I was typing my post on a Word doc (makes it easier to make the people at work think that I'm actually working) finished, and went to lunch - while I was gone a power blurb shut everything down - If you hear a REALLY loud grinding noise, it is my teeth.

Awww!! *hug*
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Rusty Wings wrote:
Aesalon wrote:Argh!

Awww!! *hug*

Joins Wings with sympathies. Word always seemed like the safest choice. Sad
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Oh man, that stinks. Normally Word is pretty good at restoring documents when it shuts down unexpectedly, but then I don't know how it works with power outages. You definitely have my sympathy...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next