FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D 3.5E: A Shadow Stirs

+2
Sorin
Stion Gyas
6 posters

Go down

D&D 3.5E: A Shadow Stirs Empty D&D 3.5E: A Shadow Stirs

Post by Stion Gyas Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Far to the north a shadow stirs. From the frozen wastes rises an enemy of epic proportions. For years the Vrak have bided their time and gathered their strength. Now it is the time for them to sally forth from their castles of ice and snow and begin their reign on the lands that have been denied them.

Right now I’m laying down the ground works, finding my players, and listening to any ideas you may have.

The 16 Questions
Spoiler:

Please, use the sheets from Myth-Weavers. You may have to register, but it’s a short process, and well worth it. Feel free to ask me any questions.

This is an interest check. No need to put characters up, but if you want me to take a look feel free. Mounts may be necessary, and magic items are a very good idea. Even if you’ve never, ever played D&D and before I’ll help you out. Very Happy
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

D&D 3.5E: A Shadow Stirs Empty Re: D&D 3.5E: A Shadow Stirs

Post by Sorin Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:42 pm

Well, I'd assume my interest is quite obvious... Cause it was my idea ... Ok not really but, I gave him the idea somehow... Sparked the idea, it's all my fault!

Anyways. I'm interested Very Happy
Sorin
Sorin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lha Zebtug Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:53 pm

I'm intrested. What level (single class) would 15,000 xp be?
Lha Zebtug
Lha Zebtug
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Fifth level if your Level Adjustment is 0.

LA + 1 = 4
LA + 2 = 3
Etc.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorin Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:44 pm

-shameless bump-
Sorin
Sorin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:57 pm

I want in!! But I'll need help with my Healer.

Last edited by Digital Muse on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:03 pm

This looks like it would be great fun.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:05 pm

I'd be interested in joining, though I should ask this before I'm too gung-ho about getting signed up. Would you be opposed to my playing a Drow? The last three times I've played any D&D medium (PnP, another RP and then NWN2) I've tried to play a Drow, but every time the game ends up flopping before it's really taken off to begin with.

To give a general overview of the character, so you'll know whether or not I'm one of those Drizzt fans who just wants to play a copy-cat of him (though I've never so much as read one of the stories involving him...):

He's a Drow of Eilistraee, and he's a Hexblade. At one point, I wanted him to be a Paladin, but I decided that was stretching it a bit too much. I just like the whole "contrast of character" concept, so I tend to try and play upon that. Anyway, Hexblade, typical story of being raised in one of the above-ground Drow communities of Eilistraee followers. Hexblade abilities caused some trouble, he was ousted from the community because everyone thought he was "cursed", made his way to some city (depending on the campaign setting you're using) and grew up as a thief, then a mercenary when he learned (as much as a Hexblade ever does) to use his dark magic.

Alternatively, I could give him a totally Drow-polar personality and make him quirky and sociable, if that would be preferred. Regardless, he'll be wielding a two-handed sword, and I figure he can work as something of a melee, damage-dealing type and/or off-tank, situationally.

Voila. Very typical Hexblade story, so him being a Drow is really only because I have an obsession with making characters who have white hair, and will commonly create a very length reason for why it is so just to have that trait. Also, I'm not fond of the other Elven races, so using one of them is unappealing to my tastes. Dwarf or Drow FTW.

[Coughs.]
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:08 pm

I'm not a fan of (playing) Drow, but, go ahead and put him together, and I'll take a look. The campaign setting is my own, so go ahead and create a city for your use.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:14 pm

Yeah, most people seem to be un-fans of Drow, namely because of the excessive popularity they've gained from the Drizzt Do'Urden (I think I spelled that right) buzz. It's typically a race chosen by the most recent noob to join the realm of D&D-ness who thinks he's going to be a cool, evil little bastard who dual wields scimitars that glow blue and have weird names, or whatever.

Anyway, yeah, I'll throw together a character sheet - maybe even two, since I did say I could do either of two variations of the character - and I'll see if you approve of one or the other.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down