FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

+4
Kathryn Lacey
[Soma]
Silvan Arrow
Aesalon
8 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP - Page 5 Empty Re: Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:29 pm

I've noticed something, and I think I only noticed it because of the point in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King that I have reached. Snaga is a real Orc in this book, so unless you want to assume that the Snaga in this book and the Snaga in this role play are not the same Orc, then none should kill Snaga in the battle at the knoll because he has to be alive to be in this tower in Mordor to be killed around the time that Sam tries to rescue Frodo. I suggest that he just run away after either all or the vast majority of his troops are destroyed. However, if he's to be a different Orc, I see no qualms with killing him.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP - Page 5 Empty Re: Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

Post by Rusty Wings Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:38 pm

I knew that name sounded familiar!! OMG!!
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://www.sickburnsides.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:26 pm

hahahah I had completely forgotten that Aesalon had even named his lead Orc Snaga until I read his post today. I read about Snaga's end in the book just last night, so when I read his post today, I was like, "Hey... Wait a minute..."

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Hahahaha, rockin'!
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:06 am

Very good catch! Smile (And a chance for me to show off how much of a geek I really am.)

Snaga is the most common name among the weaker breeds of orcs, so this Snaga may or may not be the same Snaga. On a side note, the word Snaga means 'Slave' in the language of Mordor. It is not clear if the lesser orcs accepted the name Snaga because they were slaves, or if the word came to mean 'slave' since most of the lesser orcs were named Snaga.

In Mordor there is an orc tribe called 'Snaga-Hai' (Or Slave-People) The orc called Snaga in the LOTR books could be from this tribe - and he is called Snaga, not because it is his name, but more as a disdainful epithet.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Kathryn rocks... XD

And so... hmm... >.> <.< I'm afraid I have to ask, but I'm just not so sure who should be posting next... ?
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Anyone can go - I will try to post today or early tomorrow, but no one will be stepping on my toes if they post ahead of me.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:29 pm

I would love to go again...but I just posted and my part in the battle comes last anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:59 pm

I generally wait for everyone to go at least once before me. I kind of like being last. ^^_^^

I'm just waiting for Aesalon and Cyber to post, especially the latter because he needs to respond to Inwë's reprimand of Pengu.

Aesalon, it's your call: are we or are we not considering this Snaga to be the Snaga who lost his whippin' hand to Sam's wielding Sting and who broke his neck falling down the ladder soon after that?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Hehehe... Oh, Snaga. How thou dost fail.

Anyway, I'm kind of with Silvone as to the posting thingy, since our part comes last and I just posted recently. I'm also kinda with Kathryn with the liking to be last... except I'm adding an "ish" to the end of that. I just don't like to be first. xD
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:36 pm

I would post, but it seems that an elf would be more likely to notice oncoming orcs before a human would. It's just the Tolkien way...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:49 pm

So, I think it's best to wait for Aesalon and Cyber because it will be too soon for any of us to post otherwise. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 pm

If I can squeeze anything out of meh brains later, I will post - it's just that Emi's kinda set up to flank with a sword as need be, not help with the initial volley of arrows.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:41 am

Sorry to double post, but I had something written up when I realized... /facepalm o.O The OP hasn't said the sound of horns blaring and the charge of orc "cannon fodder" has begun yet... >< And so I'll just hold onto this for when I hear word, and know that the veterans have begun their flanking move for the horses.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Whew, I'm finally back! *collapses from exhaustion from traveling all day* I just posted, but I didn't want to go too far into the action. My character is ready to fight at any time, so who's going to get the ball rolling with the initial orc charge?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:16 pm

Sorry about the delay, I just worked over 40 hours the last three days and that wore me out like crazy. I will start a post and hopefully have it for you tomorrow.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Just to let you all know, I've posted. My character is now positioned on the knoll and is simply waiting for the attack to begin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:08 pm

I've posted. My character needs to talk with Emi, but I couldn't implement it into this post without sounding like I ran off mid conversation with Eocene...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Hmm... Well, if there's anyway we can work something out IC, feel free to PM me, Ryona. I didn't realize Seodred need to talk to Emi before she took up her position - I kinda started her on the way to that spot two posts ago, unfortunately? Shocked
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:21 pm

omgz u gaiz liek i got 1st post on teh 2nd page!
xDD Sorry, that excited me unreasonably much. So much that I n00b-typed about it. ^^;;
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Igraine wrote:Hmm... Well, if there's anyway we can work something out IC, feel free to PM me, Ryona. I didn't realize Seodred need to talk to Emi before she took up her position - I kinda started her on the way to that spot two posts ago, unfortunately? Shocked

Don't worry about it, it was just an in character thing. She will do well without his help and he'll be all "that's cool." Cool
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:29 pm

Hahahah I was actually excited about it hitting the second page, too. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Whoa, I just saw that we hit the second page, and I too am really excited about it! And to think we haven't even gotten to the battle yet! This RP is going to go places, people! Let's keep it up!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Hehe, well good, now I don't feel like so much of a freak. I've been waiting to hit the second page for, like, ever xDDD. Every time someone posted I would wonder why we weren't there yet.
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:36 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:
Igraine wrote:Hmm... Well, if there's anyway we can work something out IC, feel free to PM me, Ryona. I didn't realize Seodred need to talk to Emi before she took up her position - I kinda started her on the way to that spot two posts ago, unfortunately? Shocked

Don't worry about it, it was just an in character thing. She will do well without his help and he'll be all "that's cool." Cool

hahaha XD Got it. Emi's so used to fighting and surviving alone, she'd probably just be utterly baffled by his concern anyway.

And yeah second page! cheers
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:38 pm

So...I'm just wondering... Who's going to actually write the post that kicks off the battle? You know, with the orcs charging and everything? I assume that would be Aesalon?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:02 pm

I will Snaga post tomorrow...muahahahahahahaha.

Oh, he is not the Snaga of LOTR fame...but he will survive this battle, because he is not going to be anywhere near it. Smile
(I meant to answer that issue like 3 days ago, but completely forgot.)
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:01 pm

Oh dear, our RP leader is giving evil laughter. I sense epicness in the making XP... Can't wait!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:00 pm

OMG epicness, my favorite!!
Next to lions... I really like lions...
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Is... dying... to... post...

But before I do - the ones coming in on the flanks, are those for Emi and Seodred... ?
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next