FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Shadow Stirs (OOC)

+2
Sorin
Stion Gyas
6 posters

Go down

A Shadow Stirs (OOC) Empty A Shadow Stirs (OOC)

Post by Stion Gyas Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Far to the north a shadow stirs. From the frozen wastes rises an enemy of epic proportions. For years the Vrak have bided their time and gathered their strength. Now it is the time for them to sally forth from their castles of ice and snow and begin their reign on the lands that have been denied them.

Right now I’m laying down the ground works, finding my players, and listening to any ideas you may have.

The 16 Questions
Spoiler:

Please, use the sheets from Myth-Weavers. You may have to register, but it’s a short process, and well worth it. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Alright, ladies and gentlemen! Start posting your characters.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

A Shadow Stirs (OOC) Empty Re: A Shadow Stirs (OOC)

Post by Sorin Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Reth Vanis
Male Lawful Neutral Elf Ranger, Level 6, Init +5, HP 46/46, Speed 30 ft
AC 19, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14, Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 5
Keen Rapier +1 +11 (1d6, 16-19/20x2)
Mighty +3 Darkwood Composite Longbow (Arrows - 40) +11 (1d6, x3)
Leather Armor +2 (+4 Armor, +5 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 21, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 13
Condition None
Sorin
Sorin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lha Zebtug Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:07 pm

I assume this is what you want, Loresh Pilen. As a quick reference he is a Level 6 Elf Cleric.

Last edited by Lha Zebtug on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Lha Zebtug
Lha Zebtug
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:36 pm

A couple mistakes.

• You've done your Ability Modifiers wrong. In fact, Myth-Weavers fills it out for you. Just put your scores into the Scores column, and then add the points in on top of them. (I.e. 14 + 2 = 16)

• I made a mistake with XP scores, so you start at level 6. Very Happy

• Put your speed in the speed box.

• You didn't add your Base Saves into the Base column. Instead, I think you put them in the Misc Mod column.

• Add your Cleric abilities, etc. into Feats and Special Abilities. Also, how did you get three feats?

• You don't have any trained skills, or any possessions.

• You have no spells.

• Your appearance, personality, and background are blank. You can fill in place names as you see fit.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Working on a Human female Healer. Getting help with the sheet
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Xulfein
Male Neutral Drow Hexblade, Level 4, Init +3, HP 28/28, Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 4
Masterwork (Keen) Greatsword 8 (2d6, 17-20/x2)
Mighty +3 Longbow, composite (Arrows (20)) 7 (1d8+3, x3)
Masterwork Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 6, Cha 14
Condition None

Here's the information, assuming I was accepted. There isn't really a "background" field so much as a description field, which I took to mean physical description, so I simply plugged a bit of his background into the Personality field and peppered the Enemies and Friends sections with hints of his story. Simply put, since he's a wandering mercenary, he can easily end up wherever he needs to be to get the story rolling.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lha Zebtug Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:57 am

Stion Gyas wrote:A couple mistakes.

Add your Cleric abilities, etc. into Feats and Special Abilities. Also, how did you get three feats?

You have no spells.

The weapon focus is technically a bonus feat, but I felt I should include it in the list. I it get for having the War Domain, and I've edited it.

Clerics don't have a selection of known spells they just pick from the list.

I edited the entire sheet.
Lha Zebtug
Lha Zebtug
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:08 am

For the record, under "skills", checking the CC box means it's a cross-class skill, which requires twice as many points for a single rank as a skill belonging to your class. So, you're supposed to uncheck skills belonging to your class and check cross-class skills. Otherwise it throws off the point counter at the bottom of the list.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lha Zebtug Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:58 am

Gar I don't like this character sheet Razz. Its too vague!

EDIT: Fixed it... again.
Lha Zebtug
Lha Zebtug
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Eh, I'm not the DM, so I can't approve or disapprove of things, so please just take what I say as helpful advice. Just trying to help you correct your sheet, since Stion helped me correct a lot of things in mine. Figure I can save him a bit of trouble.

• Your skills are currently shown with you having invested 45 points. However, your Cleric, at level 6, should only have a total of 27 points. The initial number of skill points available to a Cleric is (2 + INTmod) * 4 = 12 for you, since your INTmod is 1. Then, for each level beyond that, you get another 2 + INTmod points. That means 3 points for you at every level past the first level. You're level six, which means you have 5 levels beyond the first, bringing the equation to (2 + 1) * 5 = 15 additional points.
    12 + 15 = 27, which is the total number of points you should be able to invest.

A Cleric's skills are: Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Profession and Spellcraft.
      In addition, the following skills are added if you choose the stated domain:
      • Animal or Plant Domain: Knowledge (nature)
      • Knowledge Domain: All Knowledge Skills
      • Travel Domain: Survival
      • Trickery Domain: Bluff, Disguise, Hide

The deity you've chosen has none of the above domains, so if you stick with Corellon Larethian, you simply uncheck the first cluster of skills I listed, starting with Concentration and ending with Spellcraft. Then, in the Rank column, you distribute those 27 points among the different skills you'd like your Cleric to have. At Lv6, the max Rank for a Skill is 9, so you can only put up to 9 points in any one of those skills.

For cross-class skills, you have to pay twice as many points for a Rank, and the max Rank is only half the max Rank for your class' skills. That means if you chose to take the Tumble skill, you could only get a max Rank of 4 at the moment, because 9 / 2 = 4.5 rounded down is 4; also, to get that Rank 4, you would have to invest 8 points. Generally speaking, it's better to stick with skills belonging to your class unless you have extra points or something particular in mind.

There, that should be a pretty comprehensive guide of how to use the Skills list. Sorry if any of what I pointed out was so obvious that it seems insulting, but I wanted to make sure it was thorough.
  • You also don't have any adventuring possessions. In D&D, you even have to buy things like rations (food), waterskins (for water), and any other items you may need during an adventure, such as: torches, flint and steel, firewood, parchment, etc. A list of the items you'll want to scan through can be found in the PHB (Player's Handbook) on pg. 128. It lists the weight and the price of each item. Remember to make sure you buy multiple of things that are consumed upon use, such as rations. Waterskins can be refilled at a river, a well, or in town, and most items aren't consumables, so it shouldn't be a major problem.

To carry those items, you'll also need to buy at least one container, such as a backpack. So, in your Possessions, you would put your Backpack as one of the items, and when it asks the location, you would probably put that it's on your back. Then, whenever you add an item that you'd like to have in your backpack, you simply fill in "backpack" in the location column. Remember to keep in mind how big an average traveler's backpack would be. They can carry a lot, but they're not bottomless pits, and the more stuff you carry, the more encumbered your character will be.

Also, you'll need to add your weapons and armor to your Possessions list as well, since doing so adds the weight of those items to your total carried weight at the bottom of the list. It makes it easier for Stion to keep track of how much everyone is carrying so he'll know if we become overencumbered.
  • I'm guessing you chose to use Hide Armor because it grants the higher DEXmod, but I am kind of wondering why you put so much into DEX. I don't know if you were planning to be a tank Cleric or a support Cleric, but putting more points into CON and taking heavier armor would probably be the better option, since DEX isn't a very important stat for Clerics, generally speaking, and the extra HP from CON, as well as the extra AC from Plate armor, would more than make up for the small amount of AC you lose from the lower DEX mod. Just my opinion, of course.

Anyway, that's everything I saw that seemed worth mentioning. I had a question though: where did you find the Silver Circlet? I was trying to find accessory items, but couldn't seem to locate them in either of the Player's Handbooks. Perhaps I just skipped over them because I'm selectively blind, but if you could just give me a book and page number, I'd appreciate it.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Double-posting because it's a post in and of itself and it's in regards to a new topic, sort of. More like... a different subject of the same topic? Whatever... Anyway:

Sorin, your sheet's a bit off as well.

• Your skills are distributed incorrectly. According to the way you have them filled out, you have Max Rank in multiple skills and the total points distributed is 72. You can read the info in my above post if you need help with the Skills section, since I think I was pretty thorough in explaining it to Lha.
  • I might just be missing something here, but I think you have too many feats. I don't believe Mounted Combat is a special feat for Elves or Rangers, meaning you have: Mounted Combat, Weapon Finesse: Rapier, Point Blank and Rapid Shot. At Lv6, you should only have 3 feats, meaning you have one too many at the moment. I'd suggest doing away with Mounted Combat, personally, since it's not particularly helpful to anyone but Paladins, to my knowledge, and even seeing a Paladin on a horse is pretty rare in a D&D RP, or even in a PnP (paper and pencil) game. Nevermind, I think you get a Bonus feat, which would explain the extra. Disregard this point.
  • You don't really need to put your natural proficiencies down under the Feats & Special Abilities. They aren't feats you've taken, or special abilities; rather, they're just innate abilities because of your race or class. For things like the +2 Bonus on Listen, Spot and Search checks, you can simply apply the bonuses directly to the skills and not bother noting them.

Also, and this is just a suggestion, it sometimes helps to put your actual feats (the ones you've chosen at Lv1, Lv3 and Lv6) on one side of the chart and your natural abilities on the other side. That way, it's easier for both you and the DM to keep track of how many feats you've taken and it's easier to find your natural resistances, proficiencies, abilities, etc.
  • Your character has no waterskin. Might want to pick up one of those, as water is even more important than food to survival.

Think that's everything I noticed on yours. Again, just trying to provide helpful opinions/advice, so don't take anything negatively if you can avoid it.

You know, though, I'm kind of curious about how no one but me managed to get lower than a 12 on any stat... Alas, 'tis just an RP, not a PnP game, so I guess it doesn't particularly matter...
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:56 pm

[SIZE=+1]Kipyipsie[/SIZE]
m CN Kobold Sorcerer, Level 6, Init +2, HP 18/18, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 13, Flat-footed 12, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6, Base Attack Bonus 3
Short Spear 3 (1d4, x2)
Short Spear 3 ( , x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size, +1 Natural)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 18
Condition None

I'm filling out the discription boxes now, but there's the basic info.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Here we go. Thank you Minions for all your help!

[SIZE=+1]Wyn Marin[/SIZE]
Female NG Human Cleric, Level 6, Init +0, HP 41/41, Speed
AC 10, Touch 10, Flat-footed 10, Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +10, Base Attack Bonus 4
Quarterstaff (1d6, x2)
2 Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
1 Dagger (1d6, 19-20/x2)

Abilities Str 10, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 15
Condition None
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lha Zebtug Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Thanks for all the help Weiss, I think I just did my math very wrong. I do know how the skills work, I have every thing right, but the amount of points I have. I went with the higher DEX because get a bonus to their DEX and a negative bonus to their CON. And I completly spaced on the equipment, the character sheet I usually use doesn't require so much info.

Fixed it again.
Lha Zebtug
Lha Zebtug
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:01 am

Looks great, in my opinion. You might want to ask Stion to explain Masterwork equipment and stuff, since you have plenty of money to get some upgraded equipment if you so desire. Sheet looks pretty much perfect now, though. Might want to add some little things in the Character Traits and Character Flaws boxes, but those are really just for fleshing out your character. Mine, for instance, has arachnophobia, because I thought it was humorously ironic for a Drow. XD

But yeah... Good job! Thumbs Up
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorin Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Lmao, a drow afriad of spiders XD Nice.
Sorin
Sorin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Is this getting off the ground?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:22 pm

I can drop out if that would un-kill the roleplay. It seems I'm cursed to unmake any RP I join. I won't get offended if that's the case, so just let me know.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorin Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:33 pm

I haven't spoken to S.G. in a while, which is odd, he might be busy, But I honestly don't know.
Sorin
Sorin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:44 am

Nope, not dead. Never dead. First week of school got to me. I'll be re-reading all of the sheets, and then we may be able to get started.

Anybody want to play map-maker, or shall I do it?
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm

I would help...but am clueless with map-making stuffs. Sorry.

Any idea when this might get rolling? I'm getting antsy.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:49 pm

This weekend, if we're all lucky. And, you spelled "homework" wrong in your Status section.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:19 pm

*peers at her status. "I'll be damned! So I did."
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorin Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Firstly, YAY FRIDAY! LONG WEEKEND!

Secondly, thank god you haven't died.
Sorin
Sorin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:02 pm

*grumbles*

Seems like I bit off more than I can chew. Again.

This will have to go on hold, as well. I don't know quite when I can get started, but, if you guys don't mind waiting we can get the show on the road. Someday.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down