FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

+4
Kathryn Lacey
[Soma]
Silvan Arrow
Aesalon
8 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP Empty Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

Post by Aesalon Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:26 pm

The IC thread is Here.

The Cast:
SilvanArrow is: Elendyne Amandil - The Healer, Silvan Elf of Mirkwood

Aesalon is: Iodar Ulgo - Young Lossoth Chieftain

CyB3r PuNK is: Pengu- Wilder Elf of the trackless East

Kathryn Lacey is: Inwë Elensar - Elf of the Galadrim of Lothlorien

Ryona Noel is: Séodred Equis - Warrior of the Rohirrim

Rusty Wings is: Éocéne Anda - Warrior, raised in Dol Amroth, born of Rohan

Silvone Elestahr is: Fain Blackhand - Master smith of the Iron Hills Dwarves

Igraine is: Emi Riverson- Talented human bard, of Dale

Celonhir is: Esgalfin - Noldo Lord of the Eldar

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

To make this go easier, I will request that when anyone posts, that we link obscure things to the entry in The Encyclopedia of Arda (I was going to use Tolkein Gateway, but since the Encyclopedia has already been referenced in the Interest Check we'll just go with that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay folks – Character time!

This is the plot synopsis for this RP:
The date is TA 3008 (Bilbo’s Birthday Party and disappearance occurred in 3001) and it is spring in Rivendell. It is clear that the Shadow is growing and many elves have chosen to remove themselves from Middle Earth, though some feel that they cannot abandon the land to its fate.
Elrond and the wise now have uncovered a way (Details in the IC when it starts) to track items of power and has commissioned a number of ‘heroes’ to find these 22 Artifacts in the hopes that they will be able to help the free peoples stand against the oncoming Shadow.

-Please PM me before you write up, I am sure that this is going to be Elf-Heavy (Which is fine) but I would like all three of the Elven kindred represented (If there are more than 3 Elves in the party.) – and at least one or two from other races.

-Elf tip: Of the three kindred (Noldor, Sindar, Silvan ) present on Middle Earth the Noldor are the most difficult to RP – they are ‘know-it-alls’ by definition and tend to look down their noses at everyone and everything else. (Or, at least they appear to.)

-Hobbits: I don’t know if anyone wants to play a Hobbit, but I don’t think that we can allow more than one – adventuring Hobbits are RARE!

-Dwarves: I think that any Dwarves would either be from the Blue Mountains or the Iron Hills. Females: They do exist, but either they are never seen by other races or they look so much like the males that no one can tell. (Beards and all)

-Humans: Lots of different choices here, so, once again, variety is good – I don’t think that we want to have 4 Dunedain Rangers.

The Character Sheet:

NAME:
RACE:
PERSONALITY:
HISTORY/FAMILY HISTORY:
APPEARANCE: (Hair, Eyes, Build etc.)
EQUIPMENT/GEAR:
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES: (Include anything including weapons specialties, magic skills, outdoor skills, special talents, etc.)
[i]

Last edited by Aesalon on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:17 pm; edited 8 times in total
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP Empty Re: Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Woohoo! First character sheet! This is what I did instead of working on my big research presentation >.< And I was approved in PM before posting, just to let you know.

Name: Elendyne Amandil

Race: Elf (Silvan)

Personality: Like all elves, Elendyne has a love of nature and all its living creatures. She has a compassionate spirit and hates seeing people in pain. She empathizes with those that are suffering and then seeks to heal that suffering. However, that kindness of heart has also been tempered and subdued over time because of the Shadow that has been growing in her home of Mirkwood. She faces daily life and problems alike with the grim reality of the Shadow’s presence at the forefront of her mind. She guards her compassionate side and only lets it show to people that she trusts and the injured that need her healing abilities. Love for the arts was not a priority for her, as her passion lies in healing, but the time she spent in Imladris (Rivendell) learning the healing arts gave her a healthy appreciation for music, dancing, and writing.

History/Family History: Elendyne is of Silvan descent and was born the only child to father Aerandir and mother Nienna in 1576 of the Third Age, during the time of the Necromancer (http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/n/necromancer.html), making her a mere 1432 years old. Her father was a respected warrior in Thranduil’s army, while her mother was a devoted wife and loving caretaker. Even though Mirkwood had been corrupted by the dark powers of the Necromancer, Elendyne’s parents tried to shield her from the darkness so she would grow up happy. However, that plan failed when Aerandir was seriously wounded by one of the many monstrous spiders that haunted Mirkwood’s forests while out of a routine patrol. The healers had to amputate his left leg from the knee down to save his life, and from then on, Elendyne could not deny that she was growing up in a dangerous land. She grew up helping her mother take care of Aerandir and knew that she never wanted to see anyone else suffer like this, unable to walk or run normally for the rest of his immortal life. She started shadowing the healers in Mirkwood, picking up whatever tips and techniques she could, but she wanted to learn more.

Not long after the Necromancer mysteriously fled to the East, Elendyne made her way to Imladris (Rivendell) and apprenticed herself to Elrond Halfelven so she could learn as much as possible about the healing arts. She spent the time of the Watchful Peace (http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/n/necromancer.html) learning about healing and herblore from Elrond and the other healers of Imladris. In 2900 of the Third Age, she received word that the Necromancer had returned to Mirkwood, so she hastened to her homeland to put her newfound skills to good use. She spent her days with the other healers treating injured warriors as their brothers brought them off the battlefield. However, Elendyne noticed that many who died might have been saved if a healer had tended to their injuries immediately in the field instead of waiting until they were brought back to the cities. Therefore, under the guidance of her disabled father and the tutelage of an old family friend, she started learning archery and one-handed swordsmanship so she could protect herself while she treated injured warriors on the battlefield. In 3008 of the Third Age, Elendyne received a message from Elrond, her former mentor, asking her to come to Imladris on an errand of urgent importance that could help all the Free Peoples fight against the encroaching Shadow.

Appearance: Elendyne stands at a modest 5’9” and bears the pale, fair complexion of her brethren. Her hair is raven black and falls in straight, soft sheets just past her shoulders, though she twists the front section of her hair and ties it up on top of her head to keep strands from falling in her face. Her facial features are also characteristic of an elf, though softened because of her sex. She has high cheekbones that give her a full, yet narrow face, a nose that tapers to a delicate point, a small chin, and the trademark pointy ears. Her eyes are a deep, forest green with dark, rounded pupils. Her build is delicate and lithe, which conceals the toned muscles in her arms and legs obtained from her combat training and years spent in the field tending the wounded under dangerous situations.

In terms of clothing, Elendyne favors practicality and functionality when she is working as a healer in the field. Her typical outfit is a forest green tunic that ties in the front with leather strings and light beige pants that fit close to her legs, both made out of a soft, weather-resistant material. Over that she wears a calf-length, moss-green cloak with a hood made out of a material that repels rain. When in the field, she wears lightweight, leather armor over her attire. This armor consists of a vest made out of hardened leather, as well as hard leather gauntlets for her forearms and greaves for her shins. A wide leather belt keeps her two pouches of healing herbs at the ready, one at each hip, while her sword hangs off the same belt at her left hip. A simple leather strap keeps her quiver and longbow securely attached to her back and within easy reach. She will wear the long, flowing gowns usually favored by female elves on occasion, such as during a festival.

Equipment/Gear:
-Lightweight longbow made out of treated oak wood
-Hardened leather quiver with arrows fletched with goose feathers
-Lightweight one-handed sword with elf-runes etched along the sides
-Two leather belt pouches that hold emergency stashes of healing herbs and other medical supplies, though she keeps most of her herbs in her saddle bags and her room

Other Skills/Abilities: Elendyne’s primary skill lies in her healing abilities, which are based mainly on herblore. She has an extensive knowledge of which herbs, plants, and roots can be used to treat a wide array of diseases, infections, or poisons that afflict humans, elves, and dwarves. Her compassionate side leads her to loathe combat, but she will fight in defense of herself or those under her care. Since she lacks the physical strength of her male counterparts, her fighting style is to evade the enemy’s attacks, often taking to the shelter of trees when possible, and striking from a distance with bow and arrow. If the fight becomes close-range or if she exhausts her supply of arrows, she wields a one-handed sword with both hands for maximum speed and maneuverability.

Last edited by SilvanArrow on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:15 pm

I sent my profile in pm. I will await judgment until then.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:25 pm

NAME: Iodar Ulgo (Bright-Eyed Wanderer)

RACE: Human (Lossoth)

PERSONALITY: A very solemn 17 year old, Iodar has been leaden with the responsibilities of leading his band since he was 9 years old. He is a very level-headed person, rarely excessing in joy or anger. (While he smiles often, he is not known to laugh.) He thinks long and does not make snap decisions, preferring to hear many voices before making a choice that would affect his people.

HISTORY/FAMILY HISTORY: Iodar shares a history with most of the Lossoth chieftains (The clan leadership is passed from father to son.) though there is some Dunedain blood many generations removed that sets the family somewhat apart.
Palandar was Iodar's father, and before his death he had a series of dreams, which showed him many objects of wonder, and where they could be found - he spent his days writing and his nights dreaming, and on the day he died, he told his son that the book must go far to the south, to a place in the cradle of the mountains where the elven magic runs deep.
Ten years passed, and Iodar had all but forgotten his father's words when he dreamed of his father, and his father told him that it was time, and that the book of dreams was needed to combat the Iceblighter (Lossoth name for Sauron.)
A day later the Iodar set for Rivendell, when he arrived he spent much time in Council with Elrond himself, and many other great lords of elves and men.

APPEARANCE: Iodar is a slim young man, taller than average for his people (Just over 6 feet tall, a result of his Dunedain ancestry.) His eyes are a frigid pale blue under a mop of black hair, his skin is already wind-chapped and red, showing the wrinkles of a hard northern existance.

EQUIPMENT/GEAR: Iodar wears a knitted coat and breeches of otter skins, lined with fox fur that provides some protection in battle. He carries a whalebone bow and a dozen arrows of the same material along with the blade of his greatfather, forged in Fornost many years before. He also carries a multifunctional bone knife.
-The Book of Palandar: A bound book of 25 walrus skin pages. On the first 22 pages are written (In the Lossoth language) the dreams of Iodan's father - these dreams reveal the location of great treasures of Middle Earth, Palandar died before completing the book.

OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES: Iodar is a talented bowman with his shortbow, and has trained some in Rivendell with the sword that is his legacy (Metal weapons are unheard of among the Lossoth, so training was impossible until now.)
-Survival: All Lossadan are trained from birth to survive under the harshest conditions.
-Seeing: Like his father, Iodar is a 'Deep Seer' He can feel the presence of magic, and if given time to concentrate can also discern it's nature and location. Though he has the natural ability to learn the use of magic himself, he has not as of yet begun any such training.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:06 pm

NAME: Pengu
RACE: Avari Elf (Avari)
PERSONALITY: Pengu's personality seems a little rough at times, since he rarely sees things simple. Even though he is a rough person to be around he will always listen to a person when they need some one to speak with. Pengu also voices his : opinions on all topics that involve him indulging in a little fun, fun being mean in fighting and sneaking into enemy camps.

HISTORY/FAMILY HISTORY In the land of Attandar Moriduin, a race of wild elves roam free from war and politics, we are the Wild Ones. These elves are he descendants of the Avari, a Elven people who had turned their backs to our people, and choose two different paths. the first was that those of us who refused the Great Journey to Valinor and remained wandering in the lands.The second path was the downfall of the proud and the weak,were corrupted by Melkor in ancient days to become the progenitors of the race of Orcs.

My people tend to be brash and hold on to old traditions. We do not show mercy and we never take prisoners. We are masters of stealth, moving from tree to tree with out disrupting a single leaf. We move like the four legged animals, we stand and walk on two, but when we run we move on all fours like the mighty wolfs. Unlike most elves we had been experimented on, by some mage that the Dark Lord had sent to our village. Though we did not know who he was at first, we welcomed him to our village. After weeks of stay with the Avari he had asked us to use magic to make the children stronger and faster, to bring out the full potential of our bodies. The elder had agreed with the Black Numenorian Wizard.

The Avari people had changed half their children, for this mage and then he went missing. No word ever reached our ears about him, so we dreaded the worst. Over time the Avari, my people became to resent the newly blessed ones. They called us the wild ones, they treated us as imperfects, or abominations of the world. Soon, they casted us out from our homes, the elder had been with us when we left. The Wild ones traveled for many ten days, always searching for a home. Then after many ten day's they happened to come across the Attandar Moriduin,land of two dark rivers.

Attandar Moriduin, is where I found peace and enjoyed my life. We started a village and began ceremonies for marriage and other such occasions. Being of animalistic features, we used magic to tattoo our bodies with designs of war. Years went by and then came my one hundredth, and the elder sought me out. In his home he spoke to me about quest that I must take to receive the power of earth magic.While most of these quests are simple things, my quest was different the Elder told him that he must find the wise Elrond and he would reveal the quest to me.
APPEARANCE:Height: 183cm

Weight: 69kg

Eyes:Blue

Hair: Long blond hair that is put into a pony tail.

Tribal Tattoo's, Blue ink that make a Sigil line across his chest, arms and legs.

Hands and feet, nails have been grown out and sharpened.

EQUIPMENT/GEAR:-Samue
A loose-fitting cotton kimono-style top and trouser set. The Samue has been worn for centuries by artisans and priests. Being light-weight, they are ideal for lounging about.
-Haori
The Kanji He wears over his Samue a Haori, or a mid-length light coat.
-Seleke, a giant two handed sword. Also known as heavens fang.
-Crown head band, sits on the forehead of Pengu's head.
-Arm/wrist gauntlets, the gauntlets are made out of gold and steel. They can take heavy blows from sword and clubs.
-Legging gauntlets, are made or gold and steel. They can take heavy blows from sword and clubs.

OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES: Pengu like all Elves have a art form that they devote their lives to. Pengu is enthralled by the very beings of animals. This being said I will list the abilities he has fastened to him self, by the strongest spell casters in his home.

-Eyes, Pengu's eyes are like a hawks, he can see far off distances and locate a small mouse.

-Smell, his ability of smell is of the wolfs, he can pick up a wide variety of odors that normal elves or humans could not organically pick out.

-Hearing, like the wolf he can hear silent movements made or even a person moving up on him.
(edit, my link to Avari didn't work so I fixed it.)

Last edited by CyB3r PuNk on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:38 pm

May I request you look here for colour codes that don't damage the eyes? ^^_^^;; That site has like... all the colours you could possibly need, and many of them work well with the grey background of FoG. I would also like to mention you misspelled Tolkien.

Also, I would have actually chosen a human, but it would have been really difficult to explain why a female human was among them, as men are really the only warrior types. Even Eowyn had to disguise herself to be a play her part. If I could play a man, it would have been easier to take a different choice.

~*~*~*~*~*

Name
Inwë Elensar

Race
Silvan Elf of Lórien ((the Galadhrim {the Tree-People}))

Personality
Inwë is a lover of nature, especially trees. She is also light hearted among her own people. She loves the beauty of her homeland and the beautiful music of her people. Their arts are far superior in her mind to those arts of any other race. Like most of her people, she is not susceptible to change, and she does not like it. However, she is better fit for the changes of the world in her young age than most of the other Elves in the Golden Wood.

This young Elf knows when it is time to be serious, and she has a distaste for those of other races. It is a distrust that has been built in the land of Lothlórien for centuries with only Mithrandir and a small handful of Elf-Friends are trusted. Dwarves are among those who have gained the animosity of the Galadhrim, and they are not permitted within their lands. Inwë feels the same about the Dwarves as her people.

History
Inwë Elensar was born in Lórien to Lólindir Elensar and Celebriän ((not to be mistaken for Celebrían)) as their last child after three sons in the year 375 of the Third Age. This makes her rather young for an Elf. She grew and flourished in Lothlórien, learning many useful skills such as sewing and cooking.

After becoming an adult around the age of fifty, she came to realize she enjoyed learning how to use weaponry. She proved to be most skilled with a long sword and daggers, though she dabbled with bows and arrows. The recurve bow was her favorite.

She grew in skill with both weapons and stealth, and during her one thousandth year, she was made a scout of the Golden Wood to help deter evil from ever entering the land. She enjoyed this duty very much, and she was quite excellent at it. It never bothered her that the wood never changed though the events outside it did. She preferred it this way. There was great peace and prosperity about which many songs were sung, and it was as it should always be.

When the threat of Sauron grew, change seemed imminent. Though the elves often seemed uncaring of this new threat, it lay upon them like a dark cloud. They knew something must be done, so the Lord and the Lady sent travelers to Rivendell to speak with Elrond about anything that may be done to help stop the dark shadow that grew over Middle Earth.

Appearance
Inwë Elensar is a lovely sight though perhaps not so intensely as the Lady Galadriel. Her hair is long and coloured almost like platinum with yellow-gold undertones. Pointed, leaf-shaped ears protrude from the tight, wavy lengths that cascade down her back. Her face is slender and oval in shape with high cheekbones. Her eyes are the colour of a summer sky above the sea, and there always seems to be a twinkle in her gaze. The lashes surrounding her eyes are lighter in colour, but they’re thick. Above them sit natural brows that slightly darker than the hair upon her head, and they maintain a soft arch. Her nose is straight and narrow with a very slight upward tilt at the end. Her lips maintain an average fullness with a slight upward bow at the corners that- combined with the glitter of her eyes- makes her look as if she is amused at some small secret of which only she is aware.

At a height of five feet and ten inches, she stands taller than most who are not of Elven-kind, though she is of average height for her own race. Her skin is very light and fair, almost seeming to have an attractive, dewy glow about it. Her figure is slender with lean muscles that do not detract from the false air of delicacy. This elf is not fragile at all, but she is indeed strong ((though she isn’t as strong as a male would be)) and she has long lasting endurance to go with her agility and light-footedness.

When she is traveling or training, she wears her hair so two French braids along her hairline meet in the back to then form a single, long braid. She usually wears long dresses or robes as is traditional for female elves in silver, white, and blues, but when she travels she wears a silver-blue tunic that reaches to her mid-thigh. A two-toned jerkin of dark grey-blue and a lighter grey-brown dyed leather is worn over the tunic that is slightly longer than the tunic with shorter sleeves that don’t quite reach the elbow. Over this jerkin, a belt is tied about her hips.

Inwë also wears dark grey leather vambraces that extend from her wrists to just below her elbows. Her tight-but-flexible trousers are dark grey-brown in colour as are the slightly darker boots- made of a light leather- into which they are tucked. Her mother hates that her daughter dresses this way, but it is most convenient for the young elf.

Equipment/Gear
- One long, leaf-shaped, double edged sword
- Two double-edged leaf shaped daggers
- An Elven-grey cloak of which is common in Lórien
- A pack that contains food ((lembas being some of that food)), a blanket, and other important things for travel
- A recurve bow made of the silver-grey wood of the mellyrn tree
- A leather quiver filled with fletched arrows
- Rope made in Lothlórien

Other Skills/Abilities
Inwë Elensar is very light on her feet, even for an elf. She is also incredibly agile, and she is able to last through long bouts of travel, work, and fighting, for she has an excellent endurance. Though she isn’t as strong as a male, she is incredibly quick which allows her to avoid heavy blows. Her general fighting style is avoid and strike quickly, for she is best with her sword and daggers, but she fights from afar with her bow when it proves the better option.

She served as one of very few female scouts of Lórien, keeping to the trees and drawing outsiders away from their home.

~*~*~*~*~*

If anyone finds any discrepancies in my sheet, I am begging you to tell me so I may correct them. I do not mind nit-picky people going over my stuff, and helping me correct anything that is wrong because I know that my knowledge is not as vast as the knowledge of others' where the Tolkien-verse is concerned.

Cyber, your BB Code is all screwy. You may want to correct it.

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:09 am

Thank you for noticing it, I would have left it alone thinking it was alright.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:26 am

I haven't gotten the OK to post, but if there are any problems with it I will edit this message.

NAME:
Séodred Equis, Son of Seomyr
RACE: Human
PERSONALITY: Séodred has a military mind. He is loyal to his family, his king, and his lands. He fond of horses, and treats them like extended family rather than animals. He is quiet, but kind, and avoids disagreement when he can. He sets a goal and never gives up until that goal is accomplished, some would say he has a one-track mind. Because of this, he has never sought for love or any hobby or interest other than what pertains to his work as Eorlingas: swordsmanship and horse mastery.
HISTORY/FAMILY HISTORY: Séodred is a Rohirrim Eorlingas of distant royalty. His Grandmother, Thenwyn, was the sister of Thengel, who is Theoden’s father. She married Seodren and together they had a son, Seomyr. Seomyr had three sons; Séodred and two younger brothers, all of them warriors for Rohan under the leadership of Theoden King. Seodred became a Horse Master not because of royal ties; these go unnoticed because he is from a female line. Rather, it is his ability as a warrior that led him to become a high ranked individual, a captain under the command of Theodred, the Second Marshal of the Riddermark.
Rumors of evil reborn were spreading from Gondor; whispers of a gathering with an Elven King in the distant lands of Rivendell were coming from the elves of Lorien. Theoden would not allow Theodred to undertake such a dangerous and lengthy journey. Theodred had to stay in Rohan to protect his people, but he commanded Séodred to take his place and journey to Rivendell to offer services to the great Elven King. Theodred made a pact with Séodred; if needed, he would send a score of his best men to assist him in a time of need.
APPEARANCE: Séodred is 27 years old with shoulder length blonde-brown hair, darker than most Rohirrim, and large brown eyes to match. He has a square face, with deep cheeks that make his cheekbones and chin more prominent. His hair is bound back with a leather strap, but it tends to fall loose across his face. He tries to keep his face shaven, his beard grows blonde and makes his eyes look darker. He’s 5’10”, but looks taller with his helm. He has defined upper body build, the result of being a horsemen and swordsmen.
EQUIPMENT/GEAR: Séodred wears brown leggings and beige tunic under his armor. He wears iron scale armor with leather accents, which have brass and copper decal imbued on them. His gloves and boots are leather with iron reinforcement, as well as knee and thigh braces. His helm is iron plated in copper and brass, with a horse along the crest. A plume of horse hair is secured here, black hair from his own horse.
His horse, named Thenwyn after his grandmother, is his most valued possession, though he would consider her not a possession, but a woman of kin. She is young, a daughter of his last horse, but has her own personality and is very close with her master. Her fur is almost burgundy in color, and her mane and tail black. She is as excellent a horse as he is a horseman, and she is decorated in equipment in similar fashion to his own.
He has a two handed sword, crafted like most of the weapons of his people, with two horses hovering over the hilt of his sword. He also has two throwing axes he carries on his back, and a spear which is kept on his horse rather than his person.
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES: Séodred is a horse master, and can handle any horse with ease, though he prefers his own, Thenwyn. Thenwyn herself has abilities; she is fast, she is well trained for battle, and she and her owner share an intuition. Séodred is excellent with a sword on horseback and on foot. He has fair aim with his throwing knives as well as spear but they are reserved for special situations, such as charging or if his sword is lost in battle. His kind demeanor gains him trust, which can be handy when venturing to lands of a strange race. His determination makes his skills stand out among an army of men like himself.

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:07 am

Um... I hate to be the first one to be nit-picky about something... especially because I am not the most knowledgeable about the Tolkien-verse of all of the people who voiced interest in this game... but I'm going to mention these things anyway....

Cyberpunk, did you actually read The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings? Their clothing is more along the lines of medieval style with a fantasy twist, and the wolves were the bad guys in Middle Earth, so I really don't know if you'd want to compare your character to them... unless of course you've decided to make your character closer to the lines of a dark elf... It is theorized- according to the Encyclopedia of Arda- that some of the Avari may have become the first Orcs...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:09 am

I was asked to make a Avari by the host.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:12 am

Yes, but it's always a good idea to research that which you're going to play. Don't you think?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:13 am

I think after reading my original post, he had a idea of what my character should be and how his plot would interact with the rest of the group.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:17 am

'The Unwilling'; those of the Elves who refused the summons of the Valar to dwell in Valinor, and remained in the dark wilds of Middle-earth. Some of the Avari, it is said, were corrupted by Melkor in ancient days to become the progenitors of the race of Orcs.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:28 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:It is theorized- according to the Encyclopedia of Arda- that some of the Avari may have become the first Orcs...

I guess you missed that I didn't say all of them did. I only said some.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:39 am

But you have acted like I did not read any thing on what a Avari is. The host sent me a pm link to the avari and said my character fits the description of a avari warrior. If you like I will show you the message, but never assume a person didn't do some thing.

I also generated my character slightly different then most elf's. I have claws and fangs, well filed nails. Until we get in to character, please do not judge how I have created a character. For the clothes, I wanted something loose for my character to move about in. Being like a animal you need to be able to bend and shift your weight in almost a fraction of a second. Mail and leather would constrict my characters ability to do just that.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:44 am

I think what she means is that your character just doesn't seem to fit well with the style of Middle Earth, and as this is a Middle Earth based role play, I would say it is natural for the other players to raise questions. If the owner gave the okay, there really is nothing we can do...
But it is a little bit overwhelming to put up a character I worked two hours on, making sure every detail was as accurate as possible, to find your character which has merely been bent to fit a creature of middle earth, rather than being created from it.
I am not trying to insult you, merely explain to you why I was caught of guard, and possibly others as well. If this is a more loosely based RP that's fine, I had just judged otherwise by the previous character descriptions.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:50 am

If this is all upsetting for you two, then ask the host why he bent/ allowed my character to remain. I spent awhile on my profile as well, so why wouldn't my character be in the role play?

If he fits a Elf genre in middle earth, then obviously he should be allowed.But like I said if you wish to see pm I received about my profile sheet then I will post it.
Remember I posted it to the host first to see is it would be allowed.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:52 am

That works. I was mostly worried about how you compared your character to wolves, as Wargs are among the ranks of those considered evil, and I was under the impression that all of our characters were going to be together in a party, so it would have been pertinent that they be considered the good guys.

Thank you, Ryona, for voicing that much more eloquently than me. That is in fact what I meant, my nature simply causes me to be a bit more brash in my explanations of things.

I actually feel the exact same way about having worked for hours on a character to make sure I got everything right that I could discern only to see a character that didn't seem to have been made with the same care in detailing from the events, locations, and races that I used.

I meant no offense, and I am fully aware that I come off as offensive quite often. I was simply relaying my feelings on what I felt were discrepancies. I would also be glad if anyone told me of things in my own sheet that may be wrong.

I don't care about seeing the message. Ryona is right. If Aesalon decided your character fits into the role play, it's ultimately his decision.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:59 am

My character will be apart of this group. But Aesalon and I have to also figure out why he will be in Rivendell (I think that is how it is spelled.)

Also I did read the Hobbit and lord of the rings. J.R Tolkien puts alot of information in his books, which was very useful when I was flying to Ireland a few years back, it gave me some thing to read and keep my mind off my fear of heights.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:58 am

I really want to make my character tonight, but Theoden is sleeping (long live the King!) and I don't want to wake him up (may get banished). I will most likely be a dwarf of the Iron Hills.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:25 am

I did spend a lot of time thinking over Pengu (I like the character, I just needed to see if he could fit into Middle Earth without completely disrupting the way of things.) Two things factored into my decision heavily.

#1: 'The East' is a wide, mysterious void in LOTR legend, giving us a bit of creative license within that half of the continent - Pengu and the Avari group that he is a part of will have settled there.

#2: The Avari themselves have shown that they can be molded more easily than any of the other Elvish peoples (As was mentioned, they are likely the peoples that were corrupted into orcs by Morgoth.)

-There were some other things, but these were the main points that justified this character in my mind.

Likely Backstory:
-Early 2nd Age, Sauron sends agents to the East to sway kingdoms to fight for him. (He did this in the 3rd Age as well.)
-One of his agents is a Black Numenorian Wizard who disguises himself and 'befriends' a group of the Avari.
-Though his evil council he convinces them over time to delve magic from the earth and it changes those who are the youngest of the people. They become wilder, becoming as much wild-men as elves.
-The Wizard is called back to Sauron, his job only half finished.
-Eventually, the 'Wild ones' are exiled from the Avari people - they wander themselves for a time and eventually settle in a place called Attandar Moriduin (Land of Two Dark Rivers)
-Free from the influences of Sauron they thrive as a people.

I probably should have posted this yesterday. Smile It would have made things smoother.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:19 am

Hmmm...that backstory makes a lot more sense now. I was a little puzzled over Pengu's bio as well for the many of the reasons already mentioned, but I knew that Cyber had PM'd Aesalon first and didn't say anything.

If I may, I do have a couple of questions/suggestions about Pengu. Is there a particular reason why he doesn't have any history/family history? I would assume that part is one of the most important in a character bio. If you and Aesalon are still working on the backstory, then that would make sense why that part is blank. Also, I noticed that you only had one short sentence describing his personality. I assume you have a good idea of how your character acts, since you created him, but it might be a good idea to just flesh it out a little more in his bio so we have an idea of what to expect while RP'ing with him. Granted, that's usually the hardest part for me to flesh out as well, but I've found that it helps in the long run during the actual writing because I have something to refer to when my character is reacting to certain situations. Please don't take this as offense or an attack. It's just a friendly suggestion that you are free to take or leave ^_^.

I think Pengu will be an interesting contrast to the other elves in the RP, given the history you guys are developing for him. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing everyone's characters and getting this show on the road.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:55 pm

NAME: Éocéne Anda

RACE: Human

PERSONALITY: Éocéne is a chipper, outgoing, happy-go-lucky person who makes friends easily. She's also very inventive and has a bit of a mischievous side.

HISTORY/FAMILY HISTORY: Éocéne was born in the city of Dunharrow in Rohan, but when she was only a year old a fierce illness took her parents' lives and she was taken in by her aunt and uncle who lived in Dol Amroth in Gondor, so while her looks boast of Rohirrim ancestry, her speech and mannerisms are very Gondorian.

While growing up in Gondor she spent most of her time with her uncle and his two sons, learning how to hunt and fight rather than how to cook and clean. By the time she was 14 she could defeat both of her older cousins with a sword and could hunt as well as any girl with an aversion to hurting animals can be expected to hunt, and even the most sexist pigs in the city acknowledged her excellence.

The year she turned 16, however, Éocéne began to sense a change in the world. She couldn't quite pinpoint it, and whenever her uncle would ask her to explain it to him she wouldn't have the words, but she could feel something... shifting in the world. Shifting in the wrong direction. She didn't know what was going on, only that if she didn't try to stop it she'd go mad.

Exactly one year later, she had a terrible nightmare concerning the shift, the wrong things set in motion, and she jerked into wakefulness somehow knowing what she must do. With no delay, she packed her things, left a note for her uncle to find (but made sure not to include her destination so he and her cousins wouldn't try to stop her), and mounted her horse, setting a course for Rivendell.

Once she arrived she felt magnificently out of place, but her courage returned to her at Elrond's welcome, for while many of the other lords present seemed to look down on her, something in Elrond's ancient eyes told her that she was supposed to be here. She'd been summoned by the world.

APPEARANCE: Éocéne is about 5'6" and slight of build, with the signature wavy blonde hair of the Rohirrim and pale green eyes. She has small features except for her eyes, which are large and luminous, and her fingers, which, while thin, are long and spindly. She usually wears her hair either in a long braid or in an untidy knot in the back of her head to keep it out of her way, and her face is almost never without a smile.

EQUIPMENT/GEAR: She has a long chainmail shirt that she wears beneath her dress for protection, and her dress has a loose, flowy skirt that makes riding her horse easy. She carries a sword (not a very good one, admittedly, but a sword), a pair of knives, and a bow that she uses primarily for hunting. Other than that she carries only one bag slung over her shoulder, in which she packs what other essentials she needs.

OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES: Éocéne has a sharp wit which gives her a fondness of riddles. She is also adroit at making and mending things and likes to learn how things work. She is an exemplary unseen mover due to her years of pulling pranks on her friends and cousins, and of the ways she has been taught to fight she likes throwing knives the most.
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://www.sickburnsides.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:24 pm

NAME: Faín Blackhand, son of Baín Blackhand

RACE: Dwarf

PERSONALITY: Faín Blackhand upholds honor and integrity. He will never back down from his duty, nor perform in a way that will ultimately harm his family name. Constantly battling the dangers that surround his home in the Iron Hills, Faín has developed a deep hatred for the followers of the Shadow in the East.
Being raised in a long line of blacksmiths, Faín has a very intimate knowledge of most types of weapons. The weapons that his people don’t use are sold to the men of Dorwinion to the south, and to men along the northern coast. Faín does not, however, sell his arms to the men of Rhûn, the followers of the Shadow.
Faín is also recognized as the most skilled axe-master among the dwarves of the Iron Hills, which is why he was chosen to represent his homeland in Rivendell. In these times of trouble, skill in combat, rather than diplomacy, carry more weight.

HISTORY/FAMILY HISTORY: The Blackhand’s, a minor dwarven house, have, for generations, been known as a family of skilled blacksmiths in the Iron Hills. They crafted the weapons used by the dwarves of the Iron Hills in the Battle of the Five Armies at Erebor. It is said that their line extends even as far back as when the dwarves dwelled in the Grey Mountains, though few records of that time have survived.
Faín’s father, Baín Blackhand, fell ill at the young age of 167 years. Faín, the only child of his parents, was forced to take on the entire family business himself at the age of 93. Despite his lack of proper training through apprenticeship, Faín has kept the business thriving. His mother, Fílis, moved to Erebor to live out her remaining years in peace. With Faín’s departure to Rivendell, there are no more Blackhand’s in the Iron Hills.

APPEARANCE: Standing at 4’5”, Faín has a long black beard decorated with gold and silver beads and ornaments, and, as his family name suggests, dark hands stained with scarred skin from his profession as a blacksmith. Faín’s eyes are a dark brown color, very nearly black. The hair on his head is thick and black, and never grows much longer than two inches in length. Faín’s build is even more muscular than most dwarves, considering the work he does daily.

EQUIPMENT/GEAR: Faín carries a total of four axes on his person while traveling. One is a two-handed axe, a family heirloom. With a blade crafted from mithril itself, and a handle containing a jewel from every generation of Blackhand that has held it, the axe is Faín’s most prized possession. Two of the axes are throwing axes, made of standard materials but perfectly balanced and crafted by Faín himself. The fourth axe is a single-handed axe that Faín uses with a shield, a deadly crescent blade on one side and a long spike jutting from the other.
Faín’s shield is comprised of a variety of metals that complement each other by nearly eliminating weak points in the structure of the shield. The only drawback is the weight. Weighing nearly 120 lbs, the shield can only be used for so long before Faín can no longer hold it up in battle. Stamped onto the front of the shield is the Blackhand symbol, a black fist gripping a hammer and bound by strips of iron. The shield itself is perfectly round with a 6-inch spike protruding from the center.
Faín wears very little armor other than leather and chainmail. He hates any restrictions to his movement, and is willing to sacrifice protection for a greater reach with his axes. His knee-high boots are reinforced with iron for traveling through harsh environments. His thick leather travelling pants are all that covers his legs. A thick, armless, leather vest covered by chainmail protects his torso. His arms are bare except for iron bangles on his wrists. Faín does not wear a helmet, either.
When not in use, his shield is strapped onto his back. His two throwing axes are hanging from the belt along his waist, along with several pouches containing maintenance supplies for his axes and a pouch for gold. His two-handed axe slips into a specially made loop attached to his leather vest, between his back and his shield. His one-handed axe rests in another specially made holster that rests lower on his right thigh, attached to his main belt by thick leather strips.

OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES: Not widely known by family or friends, Faín has a deep respect for knowledge. Deep in his home in the Iron Hills is a fairly respectable library, full of books and scrolls Faín has purchased during his travels. Because of this, he has learned to read Elven and few human languages from the East. He hopes to acquire more on his journey to Rivendell, as he has been told that Elrond’s home is a place of much acquired knowledge. Faín has managed to overcome the dwarves natural animosity toward elves because of his desire to learn more of their history. Anyone hoping to bribe Faín would have significantly better luck offering books or scrolls than money or jewels, though either would suffice in most situations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:17 pm

I made a small change in my sheet, so instead of Inwë using a long bow like Elendyne, she uses a recurve bow. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm only praying this will post - for some reason, I'm having HUGE problems getting online to FOG - and only this board? For most of the day, I haven't been able to even get to the FOG home, much less reply to anything, or post anything in Red Tide or anywhere. Please bear with me, while I try to figure out what the heck is going on.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:55 am

Oh dear, I hope that gets sorted out soon, Igraine! And just to let you guys know, I'll be mostly MIA for the day. I have my big research presentation this morning and then a four-hour drive back home this afternoon. If I miss anything major, I'll try to catch up when I get in tonight.

Wish me luck! *scurries off to rehearse presentation one more time*
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:08 am

We have at least one more character still to join, and I have a LONG Introduction post to write that may include some serious research - SO, I will plan for the IC to be up Monday - Aug 3rd.

This will give everyone a weekend to digest all of the interesting character interactions. Smile
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:31 am

okies, I am SO sorry for the delay, but for the moment it seems I can actually get on FOG...o.O And thank you Silvan - I hope this means whatever "it" was that was happening is over now.

Aesalon, should my luck continue to hold out and I don't keep getting DSN error messages for this board, I will have a PM for you by the end of the day, with the character done.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Awwww, you just reminded me that I go back to school on Monday....

T^T Nuuuu...
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://www.sickburnsides.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down