FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

+4
Kathryn Lacey
[Soma]
Silvan Arrow
Aesalon
8 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP - Page 6 Empty Re: Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Is...also...dying...to post...

For this post, is it okay if we write the orcs charging the hill and us starting to fight back? My character is one of the archers, so I guess I should get working on that post ASAP, since the archers fire the first volleys...hehehe... ^^;
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP - Page 6 Empty Re: Into the Shadow, A Middle Earth RP

Post by Aesalon Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:06 am

The flanking orcs will come upon the back of the hill about 5 minutes after they heard the horns blow, so our rear guard has 3 -4 minutes before the enemy shows up there.
The orcs appear to be stepping over each other to avoid Pengu, who is still standing about 30 yards in front of the archers, the orcs, basically parting around him to make the charge at the knoll.

So...the battle begins. Smile
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:04 pm

All right, I just posted. I hope that was okay for the first battle scene, since I didn't have anyone else's post to build from. If anyone has any suggestions or constructive criticism, I'd be more than happy to hear it and make revisions ^_^.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:03 pm

OMG! OMG! So... I was watching The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings not too long ago, and I examined the bows they were using in Lothlórien, and I realized... they use recurve bows ((at least they look like recurve bows to me))! I just equipped Inwë with a recurve bow to have a different kind of bow from everyone else, but I accidentally chose the right one! This makes me super happy. ^^_^^

I started a post, but I'll finish it when I return home from work. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Awesome Kathryn!

I will wait and post after yours.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:19 pm

And you thought you couldn't do this RP... Your intuition is better than my knowledge of Middle-earth!

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:16 pm

*nodnod* I'll wait too, to post after the archers have their chance at first volleys.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm

My intuition? No. I first wanted to give her a short bow, but Iodor has that. Then I decided a long bow would be best despite Elendyne having one. When I was researching long bows ((I always research weapons and anything else about which I don't really know much if a character of mine is going to have it)), I found the recurve bow, and I decided that I wanted to have that for Inwë to keep from having too much of one thing. It wasn't my intuition. It was my desire to keep my character unique.

I'll start working on finishing my post as soon as I've finished checking my email. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:46 pm

I will post also shortly, lately I have had major writers block and have not been able to post in any of my topic or joined topics. Work has be also working fifteen hour days so I'm physically drained as well as mentally. I will try to get a post in this week, if I can not then I might have to drop out since I will be to tired to make a post and will hold the rp up.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:03 pm

AAHH I haven't been getting emails like I usually do when people post! I'm so behind! D:
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://www.sickburnsides.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Okay, I'm seriously trying to find time to work on a post, but between marching band and all my homework I'm having a really hard time finding free time of any variety, so I'm sorry if it takes a little while...
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Hey, no worries. We all have real life responsibilities that can cut into free time, and I get the feeling that role plays tend to slow down a little during the school year. Believe me, I'll probably be in your boat very soon as well.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Well worth the wait. Good job Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Who, me? O.O Thanks!
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Hmmm...as I'm reading the posts, I'm noticing quite a few of the characters are racking up the minor flesh wounds. Elendyne is going to be quite busy treating all of them after the battle XD.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Minor flesh wounds are so fun, though! ^^
Dun worry, 'Cene could prolly just wrap a slice of her skirt around hers and be fine. *nods*
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Awww... let the healer do what she does best, Wings! hehehe
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:34 pm

I mean, either or. ^^ xD
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:58 pm

I will continue to take damage since my character is not a god. So damage is a must in a fight, especially like the one we are in.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Hey, I'm all for minor flesh wounds. Elendyne will have a grand ol' time patching everyone up after the fight. Er...I didn't mean for that to sound like I endorse the notion of people getting hurt. Yeah...I'm gonna stop digging myself into a hole now ^^;. And I'm so sorry for not posting yet! Classes and meetings have kept me really busy this week. I'm going to work on my post right away! *scurries off to MS Word*

EDIT: Just posted! But I have no idea how many orcs are left. I assume Aesalon will let us know when to wrap up the battle scenes?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:34 am

I'd like to throw one more post in, if that is ok. Does anyone want to post before me?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:55 pm

Oh shit... It's my turn isn't it? I'll start working on my post right away, but if you want to post before me, I have no qualms with that.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:08 pm

I'm perfectly fine with whomever would like to go next - the only thing I know, is it's probably not my turn yet. Wink
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:27 pm

I'll go after Kathryn!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Okay. Be prepared for the waiting game. I guess you're used to that... what with the massive waiting of the Writing Contest and all. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:19 pm

No, yea no, I know what ya mean! -_-
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:26 pm

Just be glad that I'm not going to waste a whole month on my post. It should be up in an hour or so... if not sooner. I have this thing where I have to have five paragraphs at the very least or I won't post. However, I've almost reached that, and I believe I should have more to post than just that small amount, so yeah. You're a mother. You must already have patience enough to wait. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Yea I'm good. No worries! Take your time.

EDIT: I will try and post by the end of today. Just a little something to add to the battle.

EDIT: Ok, I posted. I just wanted to have the orc body count a little higher...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:17 pm

Just a teeny FYI, I revised my post a little. I figured it would make more sense to give Elendyne at least one good battle wound before all of this is over.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:33 pm

cool beans. Are we going through the rounds again, or is Aesalon going to post as Snaga?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next