FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full

+6
Adrius Frostglare
Inerio
Gunneh
Fate Flyer
Ehoron
Kathryn Lacey
10 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full - Page 3 Empty Re: Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:44 am

Very funny and great edit, Inerio. I do enjoy your sarcasm. Laughing
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full - Page 3 Empty Re: Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full

Post by Adrius Frostglare Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:24 am

>_> The RP seems to have slowed by a lot. You waiting on Magix?
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:29 am

We're kind of waiting on Ehoron, who is without a computer until Friday. However, Kathryn will be posting soonish. She just wanted to wait to make sure Ehoron couldn't be back any earlier.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Maybe it's a good thing that I've had a few days to write one post. I keep rereading it, changing things, and adding things. It's nice.

Anyway, I have a few questions to which you all may contribute your thoughts and opinions.

1. Do you think we should skip over their actual travels and just start again with their being in the Southern Tribe?

2. Do you think they should be allowed to wear warmer versions of their normal clothing, or should they all blend into the culture? Keep in mind that while the Black Lotus is sending people from the Fire Nation, the Earth King- of his own accord- is also sending people from the Earth Kingdom.

3. Should we skip to the Southern Water Tribe after the meeting beneath the Fire Nation capitol, or should we play out some of their planning?

4. If they're going to beat the Black Lotus, who will be leaving in one month, what's the latest they should leave? They don't have their own ships like the Black Lotus, so they'll need to take a public ship.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:53 pm

1. Do you think we should skip over their actual travels and just start again with their being in the Southern Tribe?

Hmmm... no, I think finding a way to travel will be interesting and add to the RP's life expectancy.

2. Do you think they should be allowed to wear warmer versions of their normal clothing, or should they all blend into the culture? Keep in mind that while the Black Lotus is sending people from the Fire Nation, the Earth King- of his own accord- is also sending people from the Earth Kingdom.

Would make sense. I mean, I highly doubt Aang realistically WASN'T cold in sub-zero degrees weather in those monk clothes while Sokka and Katara are seen changing clothes corresponding with their environment (thick clothes for the winter areas, looser and less-covering clothing for other areas). I would also think the Fire Nation would have winter clothing for travels, especially after the war when civilians would travel to the now-peaceful nations once again, including the Water Tribe cities (the Southern Water Tribe must now be as big as the Northern)

3. Should we skip to the Southern Water Tribe after the meeting beneath the Fire Nation capitol, or should we play out some of their planning?

They could play out planning during travel instead of the room which is not entirely safe.

4. If they're going to beat the Black Lotus, who will be leaving in one month, what's the latest they should leave? They don't have their own ships like the Black Lotus, so they'll need to take a public ship.

Two weeks. You want to get at least a little ahead of the Black Lotus. The more you know than them and the further you are ahead of them, the better, but that's not just an advantage, it's a necessity.

EDIT: Also...

*gives a shining smile*

I hate to poke, prod, and pressure, but I do say I notice a lack of activity from some members along with the first of the reserves. If a seat is vacant, I'd like to fill it.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:58 am

I find it hilarious that no one responded to my questions with the exception of yourself in this thread. I had to actually hunt Gunneh down and get his opinion. I actually posted my own response to what Gunneh's opinions were. I do hope those actually in the game answer questions one and two eventually, though.

Don't be so pushy, Adrius. Just chill a bit. You're on the waiting list at the bottom of the first post of this thread. You don't have first dibs. Magix does, as he's been waiting since the first version of this role play came into existence when Misery gave us the first idea. Regardless, Ehoron is still a part of the players. His Internet is just sketchy. I've skipped him for now. Inerio has four days to post, starting on August 1st.

I think it would be fair to say that if we have to skip Ehoron two more times, he is going to be considered out of the game. What do the rest of you think?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:11 am

The reason I didn't respond was because it got lost in my inbox. .___. And, by the time Adrius responded and I noticed well. . . You get the idea.

The next two rounds may take a while, so I suppose your proposition regarding Eho is reasonable. I've got my post started, but I'm still writing it. I'm half done plus I want to make sure it isn't laden with clumsy spelling and grammar errors. Four days is still more than enough time.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:21 am

That's all right. Accidents do happen like that. I'm not overly worried. I'm just glad you were online when I PMed you about what to do with Shigemi's clothing for the South Pole. She can switch back to her normal clothing when they head for the Earth Kingdom because it'll be warmer, and the Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom civilians travel between the two countries way more often than anyone travels to the Water Tribes.

Also, if everyone else agrees to it, I think the maximum times that any player is skipped should be three before they're removed from the game. Four days for the next in line to post, starting with the post of the person immediately before them, and three skips and your out. It's like three strikes. Sound good?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:53 am

AH. Just finished the series last week. Fell in love. Thought of an RP idea that is actually closely similar to this Sad. Though i saw the Avatar RP thread before, i didn't bother to read it until i fell in love with the series [and subsequently finished it after about 4 days].

I unfortunately seem to be late to join D:. Though keep me considered if you find yourself in need of a replacement. I'd even be happy doing an extra, or a supporting role. If not, i'm just as happy to watch you guys unravel it all Very Happy Very Happy

i'm keeping my eye on the threads, i can't wait to see where you guys go with it!
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:02 am

Aww. I'm sorry you're too late, Spectre. I'll put you on the waiting list. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Haha. No worries. It happens Smile.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Aw, Spectre, sorry you're late, but I'm happy that you, too, fell in love with the awesomeness that is Avatar. Smile

So, who is supposed to go next now?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:58 pm

Inerio's turn is right now, but her turn ends on Wednesday, August 5th.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:34 pm

At this stage, I'm willing to allow someone else to take my slot as the phone company is not being reasonable and it'll likely be at least another week, three weeks max.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:16 pm

Okay. Are you sure? Once your slot is taken, you can't get it back unless it opens up on the waiting list, but you'll be at the bottom of that, and there are already a couple others on it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Sorry you're having problems with that, Ehoron. :<

Looks like Magix is next on the waiting list.

I'll try and get my post up before Friday, which I guess means by tomorrow (since I'll be gone all weekend).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:27 pm

You don't have to worry Fate. I'm pretty sure that Gunneh is next to go. Well, if he gets back from vacation by the time the time limit runs out. I don't even know when he gets back, which makes me feel bad since I talk to him a lot. XD

Sorry about your internet issues Eho! D: Those always suck for roleplayers.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14 am

Oh, whoops - yep, you're right. Thanks for reminding me. ^^ It looks like he'll be back on Saturday, so I should have my post up right on time when my turn comes.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:08 pm

Yeah, I'm sure. If there weren't any others waiting, I'd ask if y'all could wait. But since there -are- others waiting, I can't in good conscious hold onto my slot and keep it.

Perhaps later in the RP, my character could be used for a plot device; perhaps finding his body with a note or something. I'll talk with Kathryn some more about it.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:53 pm

Technically, it is still Fate's turn, but Gunneh is allowed to pop his post in there whenever he wants. If he posts before his actual turn comes, the posting order will change. I hope no one minds, but it's pretty mean to be like, "Gunneh, you just made this post after ((Fate/Inerio)), and now your turn has come again, so you must post another post whether you feel you have enough information for another post so soon or not. Sorry, bub." ^^_^^;;

So yeah. Fate's turn to post, Gunneh just inserts wherever.

I had a totally retarded moment... I forgot that Gunneh was the third poster, not the second... Soo... yeah... Gunneh has four days starting on the day Inerio made her post. If he doesn't post, he's skipped, and it's Fate's turn. After Fate posts, Gunneh can just insert himself wherever. XDDDD Sorry about that.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Name:
Rajain

Abilities:
Chi blocking (Used through his weapons)
Mastery of Various weapons
- Specializes in a Bo Staff and a Whip
Above average agility

Nation of Birth:
Complicated. As far as he remembers it's the Earth Nation (Kyoshi Island).

Physical Appearance:
Standing at the average height of 5'7" he isn't much to look at. He has light skin and he has black hair. His eyes are both, a very uncommon for any nation, yellow-gold color. He clearly has muscles but he's not exactly a bodybuilder. He easily blends in with whatever nation he needs to. No matter what nation they travel to he always tends to wear long sleeves. That is to hide the scars he has on his body. You'll also never see him without some sort of gloves on.

Relatives:
He doesn't remember any of them.

Background:
He has a more mysterious past then most. In fact not even he knows of it. One day he found himself on the shores of Kyoshi Island. He only could remember one thing. How to fight. Noone knew of him yet the citizens of Kyoshi Island still accepted him in. He was told stories of the war with the fire nation that had only recently ended. It was soon after that he met with the Kyoshi warriors. He wished to train with them. Fighting was all he remembered so he didn't want to lose that along with his memories.

One of the Kyoshi warriors seemed particularly taken with him. Her name was Ty Lee. She trained often with him and tried teaching him the art of chi blocking. He wasn't able to get close enough to hit with it. That's when he tried with his weapons. It was a far better out come. He could now use the skill.

One day Ty Lee was heading out to visit the fire nation. She brought Rajain with her. While visiting the fire lord she told him of Rajain's skill. Zuko decided to bring him into the Blue Spirit Warriors and Rajain could only accept.

Gear:
Bo Staff
Whip
Gloves with spikes on the palms, used to scale walls.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:36 pm

Welcome to the team, Magix.

I'm going to edit Hayato out of my posts in the IC. If any of the rest of you have a post that mentions Ehoron's character, I advise you to do the same.

Rajain is expected to meet with the others underground, so feel free to insert your post whenever you're ready, Magix.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Alright, will do.
Glad to be part of the team.
Headbang
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Hey, Magix, may I ask you to clean up your post a bit? Spell check is your friend.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Did I spell things wrong?
Shoot, let me go edit it now.

Edit: I think I fixed it all now. If not then let me know and I'll go back. I don't have spell check right now because I'm not on my computer, so I tried it the old fasioned way lol.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:05 am

Welcome to the RP, Magix. Smile Your character sounds like an intriguing one!

Oh, oops, Kathryn! Hehe alright, so then it is Gunneh's turn now? That's probably a good thing too, since I won't have time to post today, for sure, and may not have time to tomorrow either.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:42 pm

Yeah. Magix elongated Gunneh's turn. heheh

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:41 am

My bad. Oh well, can't take it back now.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:45 pm

There's nothing wrong with that. I told you that you could post whenever you wanted. :: pats ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 am

So what is the posting order now, because for the life of me, I can't find it. I remember seeing it somewhere but where, I have no clue xD.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next