FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Os Regnum, Kingdom of the Mountains

Go down

The Rise of Os Regnum, Kingdom of the Mountains Empty The Rise of Os Regnum, Kingdom of the Mountains

Post by OneMindedWarrior Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:07 am

Ten Years Ago...
After the assassination of their father, nine brothers were separated. They are all at the age of seven. The one who assassinated their father was hooded; therefore they could not see his wretched face. The only one who would have been able to stand a chance against this man was William Payne, the eldest son of the Ruler of the Regnum Province. No man was their father’s equal, but the one who would get the bulk of everything is William, for he is the oldest. Just because of the fact that he is the eldest son, he gets the rights to deal with the land as he so chooses. This he doesn’t realize, for he is seven years old. The Regnum Province is a city-state high up in the Mountains of the Ancients, said to hold the secrets of how to end a war that has plagued mankind for many years. The mountains have since then crumbled, and have been rebuilt. Now, legends say that the people of the Regnum Province worked together to seal away these artifacts until their use was actually necessary. Now that the one that brought the peace to the known world is dead, chaos and turmoil are obvious to happen in the near future. The one destined to save the planet from its destruction is this seven year old William and his brothers.

William was left behind and his eight brothers taken to the eight different provinces. They have been presumed dead by the people of the Regnum Province, but William, having his father’s persuasive tongue at just seven years old, convinces them to have faith in his brothers, for he has yet to lose his faith. No man is able to bring down his thoughts, or his ambitions. Nobody can cause him to snap, no matter how hard they try to. Truly his heart is strong, but there is one thing that breaks it more than anything, and that is when someone talks to him about his father. Only once he had someone executed for that. After that, nobody talked about his father unless they had something positive to say, or they would face the same fate as the one who talked bad about him. Someone have mercy on the one that mentions his mother, unless it is something positive. Something happens just days of him convincing the people that his brothers are still alive. The Regnum Province gets invaded by a force of millions. William is forced to flee, unable to fight, let alone survive in the heat of battle, for he does not know anything about fighting, let alone killing. The one who invaded the Regnum Province is said to be known as ‘The Conqueror’, a very powerful warlord from the Arcadian Province. No one has fought him and lived to tell about it, and he is not about to stick around and find out how strong he really is. He gets lost in the middle of the mountains as he looks around, trying to find his way around, and a sword lands in the ground in front of him.

The blade is a gladius, a gladiator’s blade. There is an inscription on it. It says, “The one who wields this blade has the potential to fight, no matter what happens to him, as long as it saves those he cares about dearly. No man other than its chosen wielder may wield it.” When William reads this, he looks back over his shoulder, seeing the Conqueror approaching him. He quickly tries to pull the snow covered gladius out of the snow. Someone’s words then echo through his head, not knowing who it is, he stops as his eyes widen as the Conqueror approaches.

“My son, you have doubt in your mind… that is why you cannot pull the sword out. When you have all doubt cleared out of your mind, only then can you pull the sword out of the snow and the ice of this mountain. This will be my way of communicating with you from hereon out. Though I cannot be there by your side, I will always be here in your mind, as well as your heart. Now my son, do what you must in order to survive, even if that leads to fighting the warlord that quickly approaches. You will find out his true identity when the time is right. Until then, you must do what you must to survive. Believe in yourself as I believe in you, my son.” The voice says in his head and then fades.

William takes a deep breath in, and letting it out, looking up at the Conqueror. William is only four feet tall, and the Conqueror is seven foot and extremely muscular. The Conqueror could manhandle William easily, but he does not think twice about it. He puts one hand on the gladius, and pulls it out of the snow and the ice. “You threaten the land that was passed down to me by my father…” he says, holding the gladius with both hands. “You threaten those that look up to me and look to me for advice…” he says, sliding one foot back. “for that…” he says, now holding his sword, as if to strike. “you must pay!” the seven year old says, charging at the Conqueror. The Conqueror quickly grabs William by the throat.

“You insolent worm… you have no idea who or what you are dealing with… you are just a weak, pitiful kid… you do not deserve to rule over this province. You don’t even deserve to live, son of Payne!” the Conqueror says in a deep, gruff voice and throws him over the side of the mountain. William is unable to do anything, for he is only seven years old, and on top of that, he is free falling, unable to do anything to save himself. If he goes back up, he dies, if he doesn’t do anything, he’ll still most likely die. Remaining silent, he still falls, unable to scream, scared.

There is a slight hissing noise as he falls through the air. It is the voice of some sort of dark being. “Let me into you, and you shall survive.” It says, and William has no choice but to accept. He starts screaming as his body seems to have caught fire, but it is out within seconds. His eyes are the color of a phoenix’s. He closes his eyes, passing out from the intense pain he had just gone through. He is unconscious before he hits the ground with a thunderous slam. He followed the instructions he was given, and for all he knows he is dead right now.

Minutes pass and slowly turn to hours, hours slowly pass and turn to days, and days turn into weeks as William lays there unconscious, sword sticking in the ground beside him. The young boy that was chosen to save the planet from the grip of evil lays there in a coma, unable to move, let alone defend himself.

OneMindedWarrior
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Os Regnum, Kingdom of the Mountains Empty The Rise of Os Regnum, Kingdom of the Mountains

Post by OneMindedWarrior Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:33 am

Today...

William Payne slowly comes out of yet another coma, opening his eyes slowly. When his eyes are fully open, he cannot see, for it is too bright. His eyes readjust to the light after close to a year of being out cold. "Ugh... where am I?" he asks, hoping someone hears him. He looks around as he sits up slowly, wondering what he is going to do. He must go on with his quest, to Kill Nero, the Emperor of Arcadia. He is the one referred to as the Conqueror as he had found out from his girlfriend before she died in his arms. He felt powerless when it came to trying to save his girlfriend from death. The very memory of that day still haunts his mind. He shivers ever so slightly. "I am back where I was ten years ago... have I fulfilled all of my tasks?" He asks, looking up at the mountain where he was thrown from all of those years ago.

Just give up... die... die here... don't let anyone find you... don't let anyone touch you...

The voice of his darkness starts speaking, trying to manipulate him into letting himself die. His darkness does not want him to find happiness, love, peace, truth, ANYTHING. It wants him to suffer so bad that it would go to such extreme measures as destroying his body as well as the Regnum province. He begins coming to his senses, starting to push his darkness away, not allowing it to take full control of him. He will never let such a thing happen as long as he is alive.

"My darkness, though manipulative and powerful you may be, I will not give in to your wishes. I will not even let you have the slightest bit of control over me." he says, having only one desire on his mind, killing the one who killed his father. He looks up at the mountain and at the path that snakes up it. One of his generals approach him and bow respectfully, which is something everyone has done to him. He does not know why, but it will never stop. He just wants to be at peace and have Os Regnum up and running, to pick up where his father left off and go on with it.

The Battle for the Regnum Province

"Lord William, our troops are ready to advance whenever you are ready William." the general says, saluting this time, having a sword at the ready.

William nods in approval. "Begin the advance. We will take the Regnum Province even if it is the last thing we do!" he says, drawing his sword, which is now a seventy-two inch long, ten inch wide sword that is technologically linked to his mind. It is known to some as Omega, and to others as the Sword of Os Regnum. "TROOPS, BEGIN YOUR ADVANCE TO THE TOP OF THESE MOUNTAINS!" he shouts only to where his troops can hear him. He is leading the advance up the hill. He has his sword drawn and at the ready so he can cut down those who oppose him. He begins the slow, agonizing climb to the top of the Regnum Province, where the cities are. If they can get up there without losing a single man, they will be able to take the Regnum Province with ease. If not, it will not be easy.

The Conqueror, Nero, Emperor of Arcadia, is a powerful foe, one powerful enough to take what is dearest to William away from him. He does not even see this full scale invasion take place. William's troops have spent all this time unnoticed, and not visible down in the river valley while William was coming out of the second coma of his life. William is about a quarter of the way up while everyone else is an eighth of the way up. He cannot stop, for stopping would mean certain defeat.

OneMindedWarrior
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down