FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED

+3
Ehoron
Gunneh
Kathryn Lacey
7 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED Empty Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:59 am

This OoC thread and the IC thread contain major spoilers for the television series Avatar: The Last Airbender. You have been warned. Read them at your own discretion.

This is the link to the In Character thread.

The Book of Air

Reign of the Black Lotus

An Excerpt from the diary of Zuko:

"My name is Zuko. Once, I was known as an outcast prince then Lord of the Fire Nation, but now I am an enemy of the one nation, worse than a traitor to my own people, but a terrorist, and leader of the dreaded Blue Spirit Clan. Even as I write this, I know that it is more than likely futile. Anyone who would truly care about my story now is gone, and those that remain do not know the truth that I know. For any who may read this beyond my passing, know that the rumors are true.

The Avatar is dead.

The line is broken.

And in no small way, I am to blame for all of this happening.

The happiest time of my life I can remember was on the day of my coronation, with my friends at my side. It is also the most bitter, for I realize now that I was still too arrogant to truly fulfill any of the wishes that Uncle Iroh had left with me. Though I was and still am one of the most proficient fire benders alive, though I was a hero who had lead the Avatar to victory over my father, I had no idea how to lead even a small group of people, much less how to be able to govern an entire nation of people. I did not realize it that day, but it would be the start of the downfall of not only the Fire Nation but of all of the different nations of the planet.

Not knowing how to lead, I leaned heavily upon my advisors to tell me how to govern the people. An outcast for several years, the lessons that my sister, Azula, learned, I was not privy to. I had the most basic knowledge of what to do, but I did not have the prowess to manipulate the people in power, nor did I truly recognize how deep rooted their resentment for the outcast prince had been. Looking back on it now, with how easily my father ruled when he was the Fire Lord, I should have suspected. That... was my first mistake, as I would later discover.

My second was foolishly following my heart where it lead me. After the fall of the old regime and the beginning of my own, Mai stood by my side. She was the first girl who had ever shown a real interest in me, she was attractive, and sometimes we got along rather well. But as time went further and further on I realized that the feelings that I had for her were barely those of attraction, not of love, nor anything that would last. While I would speak kindly to her I found myself more and more reflecting on the feelings I had for another until it became a dark thing inside of me that began to gnaw at me as my hatred towards the Avatar used to do when I had been an outcast.

Eventually, when I could stand the dull ache I felt in my chest no longer, I ended things with Mai and went into seclusion. Rumors spread like wildfire that I had fallen for another of my traveling companions, rumors that I did not have my advisors deny, for they were true after a fashion. That was my third great mistake. Meanwhile, the prosperity that the Fire Nation had known when it was at war began to dwindle once peace had settled in, and our claim over the colonies began to lessen.

Foolishly focusing on my own inner desires, I didn't notice that my advisors were keeping me less and less in the loop of the Nation's activities, while secretly they met behind my back for war meetings. A coup was brewing, and I was too blind to see it. At the heart of it was the one man they had learned to trust, and even robbed of his powers, the man that they respected, my father, Ozai. Under his guidance they began to formulate a plan to usurp power from me and lead the land into a new age of prosperity. Soon their conspiracy spread to other nations. Needless to say that it wasn't just the Fire Nation who had dissenters, people who believed that the current leaders were not leading them properly.

The most powerful benders from each of the tribes in their group formed the Order of the Black Lotus, the antithesis to the group that had helped bring about the end of Ozai's reign, and due to his influence he was named the head of their group, despite his lack of abilities. With each meeting their power grew, and with their help, Ozai figured he'd finally found a way to remove the one last thing in his path, the one thing that had managed to stop him from destroying the planet the first time.

Aang.

When I heard Katara was coming, I found myself elated, and for the first time, I managed to get myself out of the melancholy that had stricken me for so many months. Had I known then the future, I would have done everything in my power to prevent it. As Katara and Aang ascended the steps towards the royal palace, they were attacked by Azula. When I saw her firebending, I knew instantly what was happening, but even as I tried to stop her, my own advisors surrounded me and turned on me en mass. They had us out numbered by at least five to one.

Over the heads of my attackers I could see Aang battling Azula, if it could be called that. It was a brutal, quick thing, and he had her yielding not more than a few moments after she'd started bending. I remember vividly yelling for Aang to kill her, advice I knew he would not take, but neither he nor I knew the terrible price his pacifism would cost us and the world.

The next two minutes I have played over and over again in my head until it has tattooed itself so thoroughly on my mind there are nights when I cannot sleep, but rather dream of it over and over again.

Azula begins to bend. I scream out another warning, but my advisors swarm in on me... And then I see it. A bolt of lightning flies from Azula's hand and strikes down the woman I love. Brown hair flutters outward as the waterbender falls to the ground, and fire erupts around me. I don't even see it, nor do I pay attention. I've murdered my closest advisors, but I don't care. I step over their charred remains, not feeling the cuts their scorched ribs leave on my feet, and like Mad Azula, I burn everything in my path to get to her side...

Cradling her in my arms, I do everything I can to revive her, but Katara had been bending water when the bolt hit her... I can feel it soaking into my clothes as I lay against the ground. She's dead, there's nothing I can do.

I look up and see Aang in his glory, his tattoos glowing with the fury of the Avatar State, the knowledge of the lineage as old as time flowing through him. Then I see a sword, black and cruel erupt from his chest as Ozai impales him with a fury I had never seen in him before. I feel numb as I realize my last mistake, that in the heat of that moment, I went to the remains of the one I loved, instead of guarding the Avatar's back... and I recall that Aang told me once that if he were ever killed when he was in the Avatar State, the line would be broken forever.

I see Ozai roar with victory as Azula rises from the ground, and realize I have to escape.

Ozai didn't even try to stop me. That night I held Katara in my arms, praying for some miracle from the heavens that would revive her. Trying to use my ability to bend to find any flicker of life inside of her. In the morning, I finally come to my senses and bury her beneath a cherry tree. And I run.

Ozai's coup worked perfectly, and in my absence, a no name puppet Fire Lord assumes the throne. Ozai expected, I imagine, that I would be an easy mark to catch on the run. But what he didn't realize was that his banishment of me in the past taught me more than a few tricks about how to live around the world unnoticed. Under the name Lee I vanished into the Earth Kingdom, hoping to find a way to contact the Order of the White Lotus.

But while Ozai underestimated me, I underestimated him as well. I waited, expecting to see his ships heading towards either the Earth Kingdom or the Water Tribes. Little did I realize the true horror of his plan. Rather than try to directly attack the nations that he once fought with such a vengeance, the Black Lotus assassinated the heads of the remaining nations, and installed their own governors.

Under the guise of peace they united the nations into the Great Empire, a 'coalition' run by the heads of each state. In reality, it is the Black Lotus which controls them all from the shadows. I was officially branded a terrorist and murderer by my own people, who were lead to believe that I went mad and killed my own advisors without provocation. 'Zuko' suddenly had become the greatest threat to world peace, and I became unable to show my face in public at all, even under a pseudonym.

It has been two years since then, and I am still running. I do not know what became of the friends I used to have. As time went on, I began to find amongst the populace people who suspected the truth... people who would join my cause. We are the 'Outcasts', a rogue group of people who are secretly cheered by some of the people, and viciously hunted by others...

But even more amazing, in the heart of the Earth Kingdom I found something I never suspected to see again: airbenders.

I do not know if it is simply fate that there be each of the elements represented at one time, which some of the Outsiders believe, but I have my own theory about it. While the benders are the most prominent of any society, there were, before the Fire Nation started the war, peace and relations between the nations. I am almost certain that in that intermingling there was probably a marriage or two...

Could it be that the ability to bend air was latently passed down through the generations, only to emerge now at a time when the world needs them the most?
"

~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Players:
Air: Wing Song ((Fate Foretold))
Water: Nizhoni ((Kathryn Lacey))
Earth: Kano ((Gunneh2113))
Fire: Zuko ((Misery))
Weapons Specialty: Hayato ((Ehoron))
Science: Jianyu ((Inerio))

~*~*~*~*~*~*

This is going to be a role play regarding the information above that was written by Misery. Five years after the defeat of Fire Lord Ozai and the end of the war, the Avatar has been killed, and the Avatar Cycle is broken. Ozai and the Order of the Black Lotus have united the three nations under the guise of peace. Zuko has banded together a resistance called the Blue Spirit Clan who plan to stop the Black Lotus.

Rules:

1. Energybending is banned from this game.
-
2. The Tremor sense and metalbending are banned from this game.
-
3. Bloodbending is banned.
-
4. No one may bend more than one element even if their parents are from two different nations. Only the Avatar had the capacity to bend more than one element, and the Avatar Cycle is broken. However, benders may attempt subsets of their art so long as they do not pertain to metalbending or bloodbending.
-
5. No one is going to be a master bender as young as the characters in the series. It was necessary for them to be so powerful because the show was geared toward a younger audience, so younger characters were required. Zuko was the only realistic bender of the group, and I think everyone should be along those lines of not becoming so powerful so young. If you want your character to be a developing bender, it’s not going to happen as quickly as say… Katara who went from hardly knowing any bending at all to being one of the most powerful benders in the world in under a year. No one is going to be a prodigy.
-
6. This is going to be more realistic than the show. That was directed at a younger demographic. We’re all old enough that it won’t be so horrible to imagine getting wounded. If you get hit with a flying boulder, you’re not just going to get back up as if you were never hit. If icicles are bent at you, it’s unlikely that you’re not going to be scratched by at least one. If you’re hit with fire, you’re probably going to have burned flesh.
-
7. If you drop out of the role play, your character will be ejected in whatever way we see fit unless you give us an alternative route to use.
-
8. If someone drops out of the role play, someone else may take their place with a character of that element ((or lack of element)) that was dropped.
-
9. Character sheets must be approved by Kathryn Lacey and Misery before you may post in the In Character thread.
-
10. All canons aside from Zuko will be NPC’s.

I know this may seem like a lot of rules, but this is an Advanced role play. I don't want it to die over something stupid that could have been avoided beforehand. If you have questions, feel free to ask them. I am happy to answer them.

Character Sheets:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Ability:[/b] Are they a bender or not? What element do they bend?
[b]Nation of Birth:[/b] Was (s)he born in one of the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, or the Fire Nation?
[b]Physical Appearance:[/b] List any distinguishing features.
[b]Relatives:[/b] They may or may not be related to canons.
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Weapons/Gear:[/b]

There isn’t a slot for a personality because I would like that to develop throughout the role play.

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:42 am; edited 10 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED Empty Re: Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:02 pm

The following links may aid you while you create your character and throughout the rest of the role play. Keep in mind the changes since the end of the series and the beginning of the game play.:
The World of Avatar
World Map
World Map #2
Bending Types
Airbending
Air Nomads
Waterbending
Water Tribes
Earthbending
Earth Kingdom
Firebending
Fire Nation

~*~*~*~*

My Character:

Name
Nizhoni ((pronounced [nee-zhoh-nee]))

Ability
Waterbending

Place of Birth
The Northern Water Tribe

Physical Appearance
Nizhoni has dark brown, almost black, hair that falls in loose wave to the small of her back. She often wears it in the traditional fashions of the Water Tribe women, but she prefers to have at least some of it down so long as the rest of it is out of her face. Her brows are curved in small, pointed arches. Her eyes are large, and icy silver-blue in colour and surrounded by thick, dark lashes. This Water Tribe femme’s flesh is naturally tan like many other Water Tribe descendants. She stands at a height of five feet and nine inches with a slender, agile figure. Her fingers are long and graceful.

Relatives
Yugoda ((canon)) - Grandmother
Chepi ((original))- Mother
Ohanzee ((original)) - Father
Hania ((original)) - Brother

Background
At an early age, this Water Tribe native showed a gift for waterbending. However, because of the customs of the Northern Water Tribe, she was not permitted to learn to fight. She trained with her grandmother, Yugoda, to learn how to heal with her waterbending. Nizhoni mastered this art rather easily, and she became a skilled healer like her grandmother.

Hania, the girl’s elder brother by three years, also had a gift for bending, but as a male he was trained in fighting. Knowing that knowledge of both healing and fighting would be extremely useful, he proposed that they would teach one another in secret how to do what wasn’t taught to them due to genders.

They never were caught breaking the rules because they knew just where they could go to practice. Each became relatively skilled in the other’s art, and learning and teaching together helped them become very close.

When Nizhoni was fifteen, the Avatar and two siblings from the Southern Water Tribe came to visit. Their presences were welcome, but they also stirred up much trouble, especially when Aang was caught teaching Katara fighting styles with waterbending. She sympathized greatly with the younger girl’s desire to learn how to fight, and she respected how the Southern peasant was kind toward Yugoda, despite not wishing to learn from the woman.

Then the Fire Nation Navy attacked, and the young woman spent a good deal of time in the field, healing burn wounds, and other sorts of damage caused by those who sought their destruction. At times, she even had to use the fighting styles her brother had taught her to keep herself safe against those wishing to harm her as she healed. Many of the men noticed this. Once the moon went dark, though, all waterbenders lost their abilities. She could neither heal nor fight. She was just as helpless as everyone else who couldn’t use a weapon. This made her realize she should learn how to fight, not only with bending but with a weapon as well.

After the battle, and after Aang merged with the spirit of the ocean, things became somewhat calm again. Those who perished in the war, including Nizhoni’s father, were revered and mourned- especially Princess Yue who became the moon spirit to save them. Their father’s passing was hard on Hania and Nizhoni at first, but they still had the memories of fifteen years- eighteen for Hania.

Katara had stirred something in the Northern Water Tribe before she left with Aang and Sokka to find the earthbender to teach Aang, and women were finally permitted to learn fighting styles, as men were permitted to learn the healing arts. Nizhoni trained with some of same the men who had seen her fight against the Fire Nation, and she even suggested that waterbenders train in the use of weaponry as well, just in case another lunar eclipse or some other event left them defenseless. Not all benders trained with a weapon, but she did, and she proved to be skillful with a katana.

Nizhoni was still fifteen when the war ended, and every one in all the formerly oppressed world celebrated the victory.

At the age of sixteen, she was finally of marrying age though she had never met anyone who struck her fancy. Her mother, Chepi, had been involved in a loveless, arranged marriage with Nizhoni’s father, Ohanzee, though they did get along well enough for their children. This left Chepi against the idea of arranging a marriage for her own offspring. She wanted them to be in love with whomever they were to spend their lives. As a result, neither of her children became engaged for some time, despite pressures to marry them to others.

She decided she wanted to travel the world, but her brother had found a woman he loved and married her, so she went alone to the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation to explore. While she was away, she learned of the uniting of the three remaining nations, but she also learned that Chief Arnook had perished along with Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. Zuko was said to be on the run again. Other leaders took their places, and Nizhoni left the Fire Nation as her instincts told her she should do. Her instincts had also told her that things were not as they seemed, and she definitely did not like what had happened.

Instead of returning home, she went to the Earth Kingdom, and it was there she learned of the fate of the Earth King. It was also there that, two years after his name was slandered, she met Zuko and joined his cause.

Weapons
Water
Katana

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED Empty Re: Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED

Post by Gunneh Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Name: Kano (Kah-no)

Ability: Earthbender (Specialty Subset: Sandbending)

Nation of Birth: Earth Kingdom (Ba Sing Se)

Physical Appearance:
Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED Kano

Relatives:

(See Background)

Background:

Born into a high-class familywithing the inner-most walls of the city, Kano was blessed with the opportunity to try many things. At a young age, his potential skill at Earthbending was his main focus: His parents brought in the best bending instructors that they could find, but Kano progressed at such a quick rate that he quickly became bored with the run of the mill teachings and yearned for much greater. He set out at the age of fifteen to find a great Earthbending master named Be Shin to teach him what others could not. The old man was wise, but refused to teach Kano what he desired, for he saw what the boy held in his heart: Kano yearned for power in any form, and the need left his soul black from greed.

Angrily, Kano left the old man to return to Ba Sing Se and train under his former masters once again. He trained nearly every waking moment of the day, reading scroll after scroll after scroll, soaking in every ounce of knowledge that he could so that he could become the greatest Earthbending master of all time. He looked towards a statue of Avatar Kyoshi as soon as he woke up every morning and before he went to sleep every night. He lived and breathed his studies, so much so that he caught the attention of Ba Sing Se's Grand Secretariat and leader of the Dai Li, Long Feng.

Long Feng saw potential in the boy and brought him into the Dai Li's ranks. This was the first time that Kano had ever truly felt like he was exactly where he had wanted to be. He did his orders without question, no matter if he felt that the cause was wrong or right. He was dedicated to the Earth Kingdom and his people, and he felt as if he was doing them a great service.

His transgressions started to weigh heavily on him when the Avatar arrived in Ba Sing Se. Oh, how he wanted to meet the boy and the infamous Toph Be Phong that had taught him so much, but Long Feng would not allow it under any circumstances. He, instead, ordered Kano to be one of the agents sent to capture and secure the Avatar's sky bison. The animal was disheartened by the loss of its master, and its sadness weighed heavily on Kano's heart. He had never wanted to cause any living thing so much pain, but this bison was proof of the exact opposite.

Maybe the old man had been right. Maybe he had lusted so much for power that he didn't care who he hurt along the way.

Kano couldn't let that be the truth and resigned from his position just days before the Fire Nation took over Ba Sing Se. It was not without a price, though: Upon returning home, he found his entire family slain. He collapsed on the spot, sobs wracking his body as he clutched his loved ones tightly. He would not let their deaths go unchallenged, but there was no way that he could avenge them on his own. He left Ba Sing Se the next day, his normally bright green and gold wardrobe replaced with dark greens and blacks.

He spent the next five years travelling the globe, making his way through most every part of the world at least once. He spent a good bit of his time in the Si Wong Desert, trading with the Sandbenders to learn their art form, while he spent another long stint of time in the Northern Water Tribe. It was during his stay in the Northern Water Tribe when he heard of Chief Arnook and Chief Hakoda's untimely deaths, followed by the mysterious death of the Earth King and the rumor of Fire Lord Zuko's murder of the Avatar and the Waterbender Katara. Something about it all didn't strike him as he thought it should, but knowing Zuko's past, he could never really make himself believe very firmly either way.

He's currently making a brief residence in the Northern Air Temple before he makes his way back to Ba Sing Se to settle down for a while.

Weapons:
Two Tonfas which he wears on either side.
Bo Staff

Last edited by Gunneh2113 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:08 pm

Name: Hayato [pronounced Hai-yah-toh]
Ability: Non-Bender
Nation of Birth: Earth Kingdom
Relatives:
Mei Zhi [Mother, 56]
Wei Chen [Father, 57]
Kazuki [Sister, 21]

Physical Appearance:
Towering above many, Hayato stands at an impressive six-four. His shoulders are wide, his face serious. Most of the time, Hayato wears a sleeveless green and gold tunic with matching pants and no shoes. However, when hunting Hayato wears a pair of light brown shorts with no shirt or shoes. Because of his lifestyle in the last five years, Hayato has short brown hair, though it's a little hacked here and there. His face is relatively smooth, so he maintains a decent look. The most striking feature about the Earth Kingdom man are his eyes, hazel in color. They study and judge everything with a simple glance, yet hold a small shine of the humorous youth he once was.

Background:
Born in a small Earth Kingdom village south of the Nan Shan river, Hayato grew up with relatively little knowledge of the War. The people of his village were quite content with staying close to home, and they kept the village fairly self-sufficient. Few had to travel far to get anything they needed. Indeed, had the Fire Nation not invaded the kingdom shortly before Hayato's eighteenth birthday, he would have stayed a farm hand and lived a completely normal, dull life.

Things quickly got bad for the small village after the Fire Nation moved in. Food stocks, already low from subsistence farming, were quickly depleted. In a first for the village, people began starving. Hayato, for his part, did what he could to bring more game home when he hunted. Still, the Fire Nation made things difficult. While some of the soldiers were civil enough, the appointed governor was anything but. The man seemed to make it his personal quest to make the lives of all non Fire nation folks miserable; a deed he widely succeeded in.

Shortly before the Avatar ended the War, Hayato had had enough. In the dark of night, he snuck into the governor's tent and slayed the man. Though fate was kind enough to make the replacement governor more lax, in the short time he would govern the village, Hayato was found out and run out of town. From that, Hayato decided to avoid cities as much as possible. Traveling down the Nan Shan river, Hayato made a few purchases before he began his life as a nomad.

For five years, Hayato lived in the wild, moving with the food. Only recently has Hayato journeyed far enough to reach Ba Sing Se. Feeling brave enough, Hayato entered the city. It was here that he learned of the fate of the Avatar and fall of the Earth King. These events, along with the rumors of the Water Tribe leaders deaths, made Hayato highly suspicious that something was amiss. Still, he kept his head down while quietly poking around for clues as to what happened in his time absent from the 'civilized' world.

Weapons/Gear:
Because of his living status in the wild, Hayato keeps a large number of tools and weapons around for protection and hunting. Primarily, Hayato hunts with his Yumi, he'll use one of his Shuangdao to prepare and clear the animal. When he's not hunting with them, Hayato regularly practices with his Miao Dao, Gun, and Qiang to keep his mind and reflexes sharp. Hayato also carries with him a large pack that contains his bedroll, rations, various maps of the Earth Kingdom, flint, waterskin, and money.

Miao Dao
Hudie Shuangdao
Gun
Qiang
Yumi

Last edited by Ehoron on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:49 pm

This sounds beyond amazing. Misery wrote an awesome story for this to take place in, and it seems so likely that it could happen, that I could visualize it being an addition to the Avatar show, had they decided to make further Books.

I would love to have the spot of the Airbender. My character will have had a grandmother from the Earth Kingdom that married a man from the Northern Air Temple. My character would have been born in Ba Sing Se. Let me know if this is all okay, and I will go from there and get my character sheet up. Smile

(Here's a great map that I found.)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:42 pm

This all sounds great. Both characters are probably going to be accepted ((I need to talk to Misery first.)), and Fate can begin making her airbender.

I have one thing I want to mention to Gunneh, just in case it was just an oversight.

Katara and Sokka's grandmother ((affectionately known as Gran Gran)) has the real name of Kanna. Basically, the name, even missing a second 'n' is a female Water Tribe name, so expect a bit of light teasing from Nizhoni when she hears it. If you want to change it, you may, but it's not necessary. I just wanted to warn you.

{EDIT}
Also, I want to mention that if you want, your characters can already be a part of the Blue Spirit Clan, but it's not a necessity. They can join the Clan in the beginning or through the course of the role play.
{/EDIT}

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Wonderful. Smile Thanks, Kathryn. I've begun working on my character a little, but it looks like we're going to go out and do some fireworks (and by that, I mean Pop Its and Sparklers lol), so I'll continue later and be sure to post it here when it's all finished. ^^

Oh! I meant to ask that too, actually. Glad you mentioned it. Alright, I'll have to think more on what I'd like to do for my character and whether or not she should be a member of the Blue Spirit Clan or join later.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:53 pm

Sounds great. I hope you have fun tonight.

Yeah. Either one would be fine. If you choose to already have her ((thank you for not leaving Nizhoni as the only female! XD)) as part of the Blue Spirit Clan, she'll probably have joined after Nizhoni, but it could also be interesting if they ended up joining together or something. Either way, it's not overly important. It just keeps the details of the background and such set and known.

{EDIT}
I was just talking with Misery over the character sheets, and he informed me that Kana is a girl's name no matter what in Japanese. Kano would be the male alternative. However, if you don't mind your character being teased a lot, go ahead and keep it.

Both character are officially approved.
{/EDIT}

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:59 pm

SFHLKJDSAHDSL;
LAST SLOT!!! I WANT!!! NAO!!! *foams*
I'll make the profile tommorow when I escape the country.

-edit-

Name:
Jianyu

Apparently he lost count at twenty six, he’s two years past thirty according to town records.

Ability:
Jianyu couldn’t make a fire with two stick, water with his salvia, move a rock even if he did toss or, nor can he bend air. However, he is a surgeon. He’s “Brilliant” according to some “Mad” according to others. He takes his criticism in stride. He is a bit of a witch doctor, and has been known to use less than conventional methods.

Nation of Birth:
Jianyu was born to two parents, one of fire and one of earth in a little hut just outside of the Fire Nation’s capitol city.

Physical Appearance:
You could read that whole large paragraph...Or you can click this link!
One thing someone might notice about Jianyu is that he’s rather frightening upon first glance. He’s lean and thin, standing at an unnatural six foot eight. He blames the height abnormality on his father, and has yet to come up with a medical excuse for it. Jianyu has a rather bad slouch due to his work, and this slouch severely hampers his stature to about half a foot. His skin is pale, probably due to all the time he spends inside, and the most you will see of it is the very little he shows on his face that is covered by a makeshift surgical mask. Jianyu’s hair is long, going about to his knees and has never been cut due to “sentimental value”. In fact, Jianyu is extremely sensitive towards his hair to the point of being obsessive. His clothes are white, consisting of a long white robe with black gloves and boots. If one would be so lucky, or perhaps unlucky, to see Jianyu’s eyes they are a light shade of green.
On a side note, Jianyu has rather elegant hands.

Relatives:
Ling-Fa(father)
Mei-Cho(mother)

Background:
Jianyu will not tell you about his life past the age of eleven. According to the man his life was “boring and uneventful”. Well, this certainly wouldn’t be a lie. Jianyu led an average life with an average mother and father in a garishly mundane little house. His grandfather, an old and rather bitter man, was of the Earth nation and stubborn in his ways. He was less than happy to find out that his precious daughter had fallen for a man of the Fire Nation and thus Jianyu never came into contact with his mother's side of the family. It wasn’t until Jianyu’s father, a man scrotum deep in gambling debts; lost a bet did Jianyu’s life truly begin. Ling-Fa had lost a bet to a doctor who lived on the outskirts of the woods, and didn’t have enough money to properly pay him back. The man proposed that to make amends the man sell him one of his family members. Well, Ling-Fa wasn’t too keen on selling his wife off to some strange hermit, and thus sold off his only son.
Some children would resent their father for this, but Jianyu will tell you a thousand times over that this was the best possible thing that could have happened to him.

The doctor, Dao, was overjoyed to have an assistant and quickly got to work on teaching Jianyu everything he would need to know in the world of medicine. This man, an old and slightly creepy individual, seemed to fill in the grandfather role for the child quite nicely. Jian was taught about everything from the effects of smelling salts, to acupuncture, to major and minor surgery. He grew a soft spot for surgery in his heart. This led to a through study of the human anatomy. And "studying" to Jian, sometimes meant peeping in on unsuspecting women when they were changing. This didn't quite help the socially inept teen's reputation at all.

When Jian turned twenty three Dao died, leaving Jianyu without a mentor and thus free to do whatever he so wished. However, Jianyu wasn't quite ready for such a large change in his life. Feeling alone, and quite out of place when he attempted to start his business in the city, Jianyu vanished without a trace. According to hearsay, Jianyu is now living in the woods somewhere, catering to whomever may stumble upon his home.
In his years of seclusion, Jianyu has branched out his scientific knowledge. After all, there isn't much to do out in the wilderness but study. Jian's house is now riddled with not only medical texts and supplies, but failed inventions along with nuts and bolts. Jianyu is hoping that he can one day combine medicine and technology.

Weapons/Gear:
Medical knives(I’d say scalpel but I’m unsure when those were created.)
Acupuncture needles
Miscellaneous Medical supplies(ie, spool and thread, bandages, medicines)
Poisons
Text books.(If he clubs you over the head with one of those, there's a good chance you'll knock out)
A wrench.

Last edited by Inerio on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:14 am

Name: Lee (Zuko)

Aliases: The Blue Spirit, The Fallen Prince

Ability: Firebending

Nation of Birth: Fire Nation

Physical Appearance:

Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED 300px-Zuko_0001

Zuko stands 6' tall, with long, dark brown hair and golden eyes. Since being on the run again, Zuko has taken to training himself almost non stop, and while still lanky is far more built than he ever has been previously. Zuko's most noticeable feature, however, is the ugly scar surrounding his left eye.

Relatives:

* Ursa (mother)
* Ozai (father)
* Azula (younger sister)
* Iroh (uncle)

(See Fire Nation Royalty family tree for others)

History:

Pre-Fire Lord:

See http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Zuko#History

Fire Lord:

After the fall of Ozai and Azula, Zuko ascended to the throne with the blessing of the Avatar, and reigned over one of the most tumultuous times in the Fire Nations history since Sozin's initial decision to make war with the Air Nomads. At first, all was well within the Fire Nation. The people were happy with peace, and rejoiced in the Avatar's return.

However, as the economic effects of peace began to unfold, the air of what was happening turned sour. Smithy's that had once been able to live solely off of their metal work for constructing the warships now found themselves sorely out of work. In addition, the steady stream of supplies that had come from the Fire nations pillaging of other lands began to dwindle, causing the price of food and other goods to start to rise throughout the land. With the help of the water tribe's abilities, Zuko created the great Fire Nation Farmland to help lower the cost of food, but it only curbed the prices of food and did little for the rampant unemployment of those who only knew how to make weapons of war.

In addition, behind the scenes, Zuko's most trusted advisers and hand picked generals were secretly plotting behind his back with Ozai. Rumors were spread that Zuko's loyalties lay more with the Avatar than the Fire Nation itself, and that he secretly longed to see it's destruction and was plotting to have it become a colony of the Earth Kingdom. Despite several denials of these rumors, they still began to spread, and people began to lose faith in the young Fire Lord's ability to govern the country.

After Zuko's split with Mai, rumors also began to surface that he was in love with one of his companions from the fall of the old regime. Given Zuko's real feelings, he did not deny these allegations, and the rumors began to spread like wild fire (however, given the rumors about him selling out the Fire Nation to the Earth Kingdom, it was widely believed he was in love with Toph).

Finally, years after the fall of Ozai, during the Avatar's visit to the Fire Nation, the Black Lotus revealed their hand, attacking Zuko and the Avatar directly, resulting in the deaths of Katara and Aang, and the ultimate breaking of the Avatar Line.

Rise of the Empire:

After the successful coup d'état, the Black Lotus worked up a new story to begin spreading across the countryside. Zuko had gone mad with power and killed his two former companions, and had run when he was attempted to be subdued by the palace guards. Panic spread throughout the countryside at this news, but before long a puppet leader was placed on the throne, someone easily controllable by Ozai and the Black Lotus. Seeing how well this experiment went, the members of the Black Lotus decided to extend it's influence out across the globe.

Secretly, a rash of leaders died in seemingly natural causes in both the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribes, and were replaced with governors that were loyal to the Black Lotus. A year after the end of Zuko's reign, the leaders of the 3 nations met in a summit to discuss the future of the world without the Avatar, and announced from these talks a formation of a global unity amongst the nations. This was met with some unease throughout the land, especially amongst the water tribes, but due to the influence of their own leaders, an accord was struck.

One government, run equally by a council of leaders amongst them, a unified, diverse world without boundaries. In many ways it was always the dream of the Avatar to have such balance in the world... however, behind the scenes the Black Lotus used their hold over the world leaders to start creating an Imperial Army once again, whose purpose exists solely to enforce their reign over the people.

Several 'Seperatist' towns cropped up over problems with the Empire, however, their cries were silenced quickly, either through propaganda that they were against unity, or through discreet, decisive military action by the Black Lotus or the Imperial Guard.

Meanwhile, due to his knowledge of their group, Zuko was believed to be the perfect person to blame for the loss of these towns and was branded a terrorist and enemy of the state by the Empire. Currently the reward on his head would be enough gold to ensure that an entire family of 4 would could support themselves for the rest of their lives.

Zuko, in the mean while, managed to migrate to the fringes of the earth kingdom where he lives his life as an outlaw on the run, dogged by his easily recognizable appearance. After having been betrayed, Zuko is hesitant to trust any people around him, especially those who seek to offer him friendship.

Weapons/Gear:

Dual Dao Broadswords

(See: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Zuko#Other_Skills)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:00 am

This is sounding really wonderful. Smile I love everyone's characters. I also just finished mine. (Sorry about the length!)

Wing Song

Female
23 years old
Born November 11th

Appearance:
    Picture
    Wing has very long black hair and dark gray eyes, with the slightest hint of brown. She is thin and attractive and a cute young woman. Her complexion is fair. Her clothing is usually various shades of vibrant green, yellow, orange, or sometimes black. At times, she wears her long hair wrapped around a support, ornamented with tassels or flowers. She wears dresses and skirts but always wears short, simple shorts on underneath.

Personality Traits:
    Wing is a free spirit with a mind of her own and one of someone far beyond her years, according to her mother. She is a bright and inquisitive girl who is always questioning things, which both gets her into trouble frequently and also provides her with an continuous flow of knowledge and wisdom to be gained, even if that wisdom is gained merely through failure. She is a high achiever and is overly independent, so much so, that she feels she has let herself down if she requires the aid or assistance of others. Wing is also serious-minded, though rather spontaneously, her sense of humor shines through. She is a perfectionist and is very patient, both with herself and others. She is fairly introverted but is friendly and warm toward those she meets and knows. She is very calm and even-tempered and is a wonderful listener. Wing is a people-pleaser, always happy to help out or lend a hand. She is impartial and fair and makes for a wonderful peace-maker. She can be bossy at times and picky, but she is a risk-taker and willing to think outside the box. Wing does okay working with others, but she finds it hard to follow orders unless she feels she had influence in their decision and had some control over them. She is self-controlled, however, but does not do well with authority figures.

Ability:
    Airbender
    Wing practices the discipline of Airbending, the aerokinetic ability to control and manipulate currents of air. Air is the element of freedom. Airbenders continually sought spiritual enlightment, the result being that all Air Nomads are benders. The first Airbenders learned from the Sky Bison. The key to Airbending is flexibility, finding and following the path of least resistance. Airbending is notable for being almost entirely defensive, however it is reputed to be the most dynamic of the four bending arts. Airbenders can overwhelm many opponents at once with large and powerful attacks that could prove fatal. It is said that Airbenders first learned their bending from the Flying Bison, a sacred creature in the Air Nomads' culture.

Nation of Birth:
    Earth Kingdom - Ba Sing Se
    Ba Sing Se is the titanic capital of the Earth Kingdom, encompassing nearly all of the northeast corner of the kingdom. Its name means "Impenetrable City"; the city is so named for its two world-famous walls, the gates of which have no hinges or other hardware and are opened by use of Earthbending. Behind the Outer Wall lies a large expanse of farmland, Lake Laogai, and several mountains. The Inner Wall encloses the city itself. The city is also notable for having a unique system of dividing the populace into different parts of the city based on social status.

Relatives:
    • Great Grandmothers -
      Lin Song (deceased)
      Tai Ren (deceased)

• Great Grandfathers -
      Feng Song (deceased)
      Yu Ren (deceased)

• Grandmothers -
      Lan Song (78 years old)
      Yin Ren (deceased)

• Grandfathers -
      Quon Song (deceased)
      Li Ren (deceased)

• Mother -
      Min Song (47 years old)

• Father -
      Shen Song (48 years old)

• Brother -
      Jin Song (25 years old)

Weapons/Gear:
    Airbending
    Twin White Jade Daggers (ornamented with red tassels and a flying dragon design)

Biography:
    Over a century ago, an Air Nomad by the name of Feng Song was visiting the capital city to the Earth Kingdom, Ba Sing Se, while on a spiritual journey. He was only sixteen at the time, and was instructed by the monks to seek enlightenment after he had failed at proper meditation to focus his energies to understand the potency of his element. Unlike his peers, Feng was rebellious and independent. He was a trouble-maker, often daydreaming or playing games rather than practicing his Airbending. Therefore, Feng was not to be tattooed with the arrow symbol on his head until his return, upon which he would have mastered Airbending. The monks decided that this was the proper sort of pilgrimage for the young man, since he was such a free spirit, and Feng agreed.

It was in Ba Sing Se that, unknowingly at the time, Feng met his future wife, a girl named Lin while in the marketplace. She was purchasing some fresh fruit when Feng caught her gaze. Finding her very attractive, Feng struck up an awkward conversation with her, which ultimately led to an invitation to dinner at Lin's parents' home in the Middle Ring to welcome him to the Earth Kingdom. Lin knew a bit of Earthbending, but she still had much to learn. She could levitate stones and create rock shields, but had not acquired any further skills. Feng, seeing her yearning to become a better bender, offered to let her travel with him, hoping that she would gain competencies with him while on their travels. Lin agreed, and the two set out on an adventure together.

Feng and Lin married years later and had a son they named Quon. He became an Astrology Professor at Ba Sing Se University and married a woman named Lan. The two of them had two children, a boy and a girl. Their son, Shen, would become a notable Earthbender for the Earth Kingdom. Shen became the owner of a classy restaurant called The Golden Liondog, before marrying a woman who was a customer there named Min. Despite the attempts of the Dai Li to conceal the war between the Fire Nation and the rest of the world, Shen, like so many others who kept hushed up about it (lest they be brainwashed) was fully aware, and he wanted to fight for the freedom of the world. The two had already started a family together, and had a two-year-old named Jin. Regardless, Shen went off to war, leaving his wife behind to run the restaurant. After he left, she discovered that she was pregnant again. Min gave birth to a girl, whom she named Wing.

Wing was forced to grow up without her father around, having only even met him once when she was very young, when he had managed to return home for a short trip to see his family. Because of this, Wing has had a great resentment toward the Fire Nation and the war for having stolen her father away from her. Min had never been quite the same since her husband decided to leave, though she fully supported his decision. It was Wing's grandmother, Lan, who helped to raise her and her brother, filling the void their father left. Lan was a tough woman and very strict. However, she was wise and taught Wing many important life lessons. One thing that Lan taught her granddaughter was something that not even her mother or father was aware of. Lan had said that her now deceased husband had once told her that his dad was an Airbender, a rambunctious man who had struggled hard, but who had finally earned his title as a Master Airbender. Lan passed on the knowledge to Wing that she was a descendant of Feng, the Airbender. It wasn't until this point that Wing understood just why she could not Earthbend.

Wing had been unsuccessful in attempting any sort of Earthbending, even be it the simplest exercises. This had frustrated her growing up, but when her grandmother had said that she had Airbender blood running through her, Wing felt more at ease, as if this information was something she had been waiting to hear. Though no Air Nomads to her knowledge (apart from Aang) were left after the genocide, Wing took it upon herself to train herself. She sought help in her mother and grandmother, who provided her with ancient Airbending scrolls and texts. They helped her train, despite not knowing anything about Airbending themselves. They supplied her with an unending amount of moral support, and while Wing's grandmother was the one to continue to push her harder and farther, her mother was the one to encourage her and give Wing the motivation she needed. Being an ambitious girl, Wing was soon to discover that she truly was an Airbender and was quick to learn some very basic Airbending moves.

Wing's older brother, Jin, was always the protective type, guarding and protecting her from all he could, even at times to the point where it was too much. Jin was not a bender of any sort, but he was a skilled fighter. His father had passed on his old katana to him, which Jin practiced using once he was old enough and permitted to by his mother. When Jin was of age, he began working at his father's restaurant, working there as head chef. On Wing's sixteenth birthday, Jin gave her twin white jade daggers, knowing that someday the world would be relying on Wing's skills. While their mother and grandmother were helping Wing to Airbend, Jin was teaching her how to better her skills with her blades.

When Wing was eighteen, she had the pleasure of seeing Avatar Aang in person when he came to their city. After he had liberated them from Long Feng and destroyed the Dai Li based in Lake Laogai, Wing rejoiced and celebrated with her family, only wishing her father could have been there to see it. However, Princess Azula of the Fire Nation took command of the Dai Li and coordinated the simultaneous capture of the Earth King and the Council of Five, gaining control over the city. Wing knew it would not be long until the Fire Nation would firmly control the entire city. It was then that the eighteen-year-old Wing realized she needed to stand against this threat.

Leaving her remaining family behind, Wing forced herself to say goodbye, and ventured out with what little knowledge she possessed on Airbending to aid the forces opposing the Fire Nation armies. Jin was left to take care of the family and to run The Golden Liondog. Wing's journey took her to many places and many cities and villages. She made friends along the way, but they were constantly combating numerous threats. It wasn't until Aang at last defeated Fire Lord Ozai that Wing returned home, not only to her mother and grandmother, but to her father as well, who had made it home safely from the war.

Little did Wing know that the world's troubles were only just beginning...

When Ozai rose again, having killed the Avatar, the nations were united under the guise of peace into the Great Empire, ruled by him and the Black Lotus. Over this time, Wing has continued practicing her Airbending and has now mastered much of it. She is now twenty three years old and has grown into an adult that has already made her family proud. She is about to make them all even prouder.

The gossip that had most believing it were true was that it was Zuko who had really gone mad and killed his companions and guards. Branded a terrorist, Zuko was considered dangerous. However, having seen Aang and his companions in person, Wing did not believe any of this, as she had trusted Aang and his judgement, and therefore did not believe that Zuko was the one to blame when the Avatar trusted him before his sudden death.

When whispers spread of the Blue Spirit Clan, a group of Outcasts lead by Zuko, Wing followed them, hoping to meet up with him and his freedom fighters. She joined shortly after another girl around her age named Nizhoni. Though the Avatar Cycle was broken, Wing, like those she has allied herself with, has not given up hope for the world. Wing, though now already exceptional (especially for having had to teach herself), constantly aspires to become a great Airbender to honor the last Avatar and to help save the world.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:15 am

That is; hands down; the single most enthralling plot for a roleplay I have read in as long as I can remember.

I wanted to know if you possibly had the room for one more?

I was thinking of having a character with amnesia. He would have a large gap in his memory (this would be a plot twist involving the character which I would be more than happy to pm either of you about the idea).

I hope you can find the room for one more because I would love to be a part of this.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Magix wrote:That is; hands down; the single most enthralling plot for a roleplay I have read in as long as I can remember.

Wow, that's quite a compliment. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:35 pm

>>
So did I get in?
I actually want to revamp the profile a tad, considering I did that in the middle of a party with a bunch of loud and rather drunk relatives. Not to mention I need to do some research on ancient Chinese medical methods.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:55 pm

The big thing we need is bone-setting. Waterbending Healing can take care of bruises, burns, abrasions, etc, but it's can't set bones.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:02 pm

I know that, plus waterbending can't get rid of certain diseases that medicine can. He's also good for poisoning people's drinks and generally being odd.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Oh! So, I completely forgot about Wing's older brother, which is kind of a big thing, so I'm going to edit that in there now. I had him listed in her relatives, but completely excluded him from her life and bio. xD

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:32 pm

Your very welcome Misery.

You can definitely tell that that was not a plot thought up in ten minutes. You definitely put the time and effort into this. For that I thank you.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Inerio, Magix, Kat's in charge of admission, as this is her roleplay. I just happened to drop the idea... like a bomb on an unsuspecting crowd *tries to adjust my hair to cover up the horns* ahem. *whistles innocently*

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:06 pm

That wasn't what the rules saaaaid.
*points to horns* Don't think I didn't see that! I'm from Jersey! I can spot those a mile away!!!
I edited Jian's profile several times now. He's a man of science I believe, the more I write about him the more he'll slowly evolve into a trajectory crazed needle slinger who does medicine on the side. I'm drawing him now. X_X
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:34 pm

That's cool

I'm just gonna wait for her to gimme the okay before I make a sheet. I took like 3 hours to make a sheet on another site cause my friend wanted me to. I finally get it up and he tells me it's dead. Needless to say I was, let's say disappointed *cough* pissed of and homicidal *cough*

*Whistles innocently after recovering from "harsh" cough*
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:02 pm

Okay. So... The idea for your character sounds good, Inerio. We could use a scientist in the group. Just post the sheet, and we will look over it to make sure it's all right.

Despite what he thinks, Misery is the co-moderator for this role play because he gave the flesh and blood to cover my skeleton.

Sooo, while Inerio is all right to join, I need to speak with our idea guy about Magix's admission.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:04 pm

Am I all right then? Nothing that you noticed that needs changing, right?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Right-O Kat!*salutes*
You can look up at the profile waaaay up there*leans back and points up to her first post in this thread*. If you did prior, look again. I added a picture and tweaked a few things.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Fate,

Your character seems fine to me... the only thing I want to point out is that her personality seems pretty... diverse.

For example:
People pleaser... but hates authority figures and only really likes people she has some sort of control over... and she's independent and introverted... @_@ but is warm and nice to people she meets..... impartial and fair but bossy and picky...

*draws in a deep breath and breaks out into song*

"I'm a b!tc#, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint..."

*coughs* sorry.

Given that Kathryn specifically said in her first post though that: "There isn’t a slot for a personality because I would like that to develop throughout the role play.", I don't see any problem with the character overall... I'll just be interested to see how her personality winds up panning out...

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:45 pm

Okay, I'll just stick around and wait then. Let me know if you want me to pm one or both of you that interesting plot twist I was thinking of involving my would be character.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:02 pm

Okay. You're approved, Fate. One question, Wing has followed them, but do you want her to be officially joined, or is she still following them? ((You can tweak her personality to be less bipolar throughout the game unless you like having a bipolar character. I didn't say anything because a) Misery got to it first and b) I didn't want anyone posting their personalities in the first place.))

I hadn't realized Inerio edited a post with her character, so I'll have to read through that. Okay. I've read it. I'm assuming we're going to meet this character along the way? I like the idea of having a character of mostly soundless mind in the bunch. If he gets to be too much of a hindrance and constantly gives away their positions and such, that may not bode well, so just try to keep him in line as best you can. Otherwise, accepted.

Guys... Seriously. I would really appreciate it if you stuck with the character sheet I made. I specifically said I didn't add a personality section because I want it to develop throughout the course of the role play. If you want to add other things, then post your sheet in your character archives.

I just want the sheets to be simple here so it's easier to grab information that we may need at a glance rather than having to dig through a bunch of other things to get there. It's okay to have a long biography. I intended to lengthen my own in my character archive, but if you want it long here, there's no issues there- especially with Misery's because we need that information.

Magix, go ahead an PM Misery and me with your idea.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:34 pm

Oh don't worry. Jianyu isn't that crazy. He's a tad bit too into his work, and a little bit socially inept. But, aside from that he shouldn't be too much of a plan wrecker.

Though,with him they might wind up in a situation like this:

"Oh! I've read of this plant! Ingneus bulbus! They say if you touch the bulb like so..." Jianyu reaches forward and touches bulb. "It explodes! And millions of little spores pop out."
"And then what happens?"
"Oh, then we all break out into a terrible rash."
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:48 pm

hahah That reminds me of when Iroh was contemplating about making tea out of a plant that either made "delectable tea or deadly poison." Sounds awesome! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:52 pm

I don't know how the team would meet him though. He certainly wouldn't go looking for them. They'll either a) have to just stumble upon his home. Or b) someone gets seriously ill and they must go and visit him.

By the by, Jian sounds a lot like the Chinese variation of John. Unless it's pronounced Yian. I doubt that though.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next