FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full

+6
Adrius Frostglare
Inerio
Gunneh
Fate Flyer
Ehoron
Kathryn Lacey
10 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full - Page 5 Empty Re: Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:17 am

Well, hopefully this will be a nice break for you. Something you can write just for fun and not because a class for which your paying good money demands it. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full - Page 5 Empty Re: Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:14 pm

It definitely is nice to just be able to write for fun. Nod

I have my post up now. Sorry it's kind of short. There really isn't very much for us to say or do right now.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:46 am

Fate, your post was fine. It doesn't have to be monstrously long to be in this role play. It just has to be long enough to fit the rules of the forum. ^o_~^

One problem I found is that Magix's character's name is Rajain, not Rejain, but that's a minor inconvenience, and nothing too terrible. I know you're busy with other things. It's just good to keep it in mind.

I'm going to start working on my post soon while everything I want to say is still fairly fresh.

However, I want to express some things about which I've been thinking, and I want your opinions on them.

First, I don't think the Black Lotus would actually try to take the child away from the Southern Water Tribe. If they're trying to take over the world by political means, it doesn't make sense that they would break the trust of the Water Tribes by taking the baby away. The Avatar isn't supposed to learn of her or his fate until they're sixteen. I think what would happen instead is that the Black Lotus would leave someone they trust to be there to influence the child as it grows. I don't think the Southern Tribe would be comfortable with one of the Fire Nation people doing it, so I think there would be someone native to the Southern Tribe to work as a mole of sorts.

I think the Warriors would have no choice but to leave the baby there in that event, and make sure the child is closely watched.

Second, instead of going straight to the Earth Kingdom to talk to the king, I think it would be better for them to go to the Northern Water Tribe to speak with Chief Arnook. Because Nizhoni was born there, and her parents were close friends of him, I think he would believe her even more than Chief Hakoda would, and I think it would be taken more heavily if the Warriors went there themselves rather than leaving someone with second-hand information to try to convince him. After that, they would definitely go to the Earth Kingdom.

Third, I think we can go around once more, starting with my coming turn, before we decide to move it toward the Southern Water Tribe. What do you guys think?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:52 am

Sure, one more round is fine with me. As is going to the Southern Water Tribe first. Go for it.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:50 am

So the order will be

Southern water tribe
Northern water tribe
and then somewhere in the Earth nation, right?

Sounds good to go once more around. Then we hit the fast foward button xD.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:55 am

Magix, I just want you to know that Shigemi is going to flip a shit on Rajain. Not because she hates him, but she does hate his suggestion. I was just waiting for someone to say something that would make her go into "Drama Queen Mode".
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:58 am

Yes. That is the order of travel. I have no problems with fast-forwarding the boat trips because there's nothing overly... well... interesting there... Unless we think of something for the boat trip from the South to the North.

However, once we hit the Earth Kingdom, there's going to be a lot of land travel, so we'll probably role play some of the travel and fast-forward through other parts. We'll fully address that when we come to it.

Bwahahah! Inerio. <3 I'm going to have Nizhoni say something about that, too, but I can add into my post that Shigemi freaked out before Nizhoni got had spoken, so she can be like, "Calm down, Shigemi. This is what's going to happen..." Since she spied on that meeting and such. Sound good?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:07 am

XD
That sounds fine Kat!
It's going to look like you're predicting the future though. That's okay. We all know Kat's posts predict the future anyway.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:20 am

hahah Of course they do. ^^_^^

It doesn't matter if it seems like I'm predicting the future to outsiders because we- the insiders- planned this. I just feel like your character wouldn't get her dramatic moment if I posted Nizhoni's say first, so by mentioning it a bit, you don't have to be like, "Shigemi opened her mouth to speak, but Nizhoni spoke first, quieting her fears." or some other such line that often happens in role plays.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:23 am

Ugh! Yes! That's always annoying. Granted, I think Shigemi is so brash and opinionated that she'd just out and say what she had to regardless.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:27 am

Yeah, but I'm giving you an opening for her anyway. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:40 am

Hahaha. It's cool that you guys are gonna get angry. That's half the reason I said it lol. The other half of the reason would be character development so that things make sense later. It's fun to make other characters flip out sometimes lol.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:52 am

Oh, I completely agree. Rajain's saying that made total sense to me. I'm actually pretty excited for when "calm, collected" Nizhoni has the opportunity to show her fury. She may seem to be the voice of reason, but I believe she's the sort who can really make a storm when she's really upset. =3

Oh, so, in my post, I'm making it so Nizhoni is going to basically tell Shigemi to cool her shit when she starts to wind down, so, Inerio, you can either have her interrupt Shigemi mid-sentence, or you can have her finish what she's saying before Nizhoni speaks. Either way is cool with me.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:12 am

Oh, I was spelling Rajain's name wrong -- thanks for correcting me, Kathryn. I fixed those errors in my post. :]

The order of travel and the points you mentioned to fast forward sound great to me.

Lol so, if we're changing this so that the Black Lotus doesn't take the child, then it kind of changes all of our preceding posts, as our characters were either talking about the baby being taken or thinking about it. So, we'd certainly have to figure out something there. Perhaps they just are surprised to find that the Black Lotus doesn't want to take the Avatar with them. I kind of had this idea in my head that they would take him/her and that the rest of the world would have no idea what happened to the Avatar and may believe they are dead, but all along, the Black Lotus was training them to be their greatest warrior yet to fight for their cause. Lol I suppose that wouldn't work though if they are trying to appear diplomatic to the rest of the world.

Lol this ought to be good. *going to read Kathryn's post now*

EDIT: Ah, Kathryn's character knew then that the baby wouldn't be taken. Well, that works! So, we're basically just traveling to the Souther Water Tribe to warn the chief that there's someone from the Black Lotus living amongst them?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:39 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:So, we're basically just traveling to the Souther Water Tribe to warn the chief that there's someone from the Black Lotus living amongst them?

When you say it like that it makes it sound like someones going to attack us for some reason.

Not that I mind that, just thought I'd point it out mainly because I'm bored.

I do like how fast the posts are moving in lately though. So it is Ineiro's turn now right?
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Basically, yes. Nizhoni knew what they planned, but I don't think it's a big deal that the others didn't. We could just say that all five of them thought the Black Lotus was going to take the baby until the Waterbender spied on their last meeting.

Well, they have to go to the Southern Water Tribe to tell Hakoda about the Black Lotus, to find out who the Avatar is, and to warn them about the mole. Then they have to go to the Northern Tribe to warn Arnook about the Black Lotus and to warn him that there are probably moles among his tribesmen.

Then they have to go to the Earth Kingdom to do the same thing.

Anyway, I was thinking that we could fast-forward the Southern boat trip because it's just a straight shot, but there's going to be a hell of a lot of stopping and starting on the way to the North Pole because of the distance and the ports between the two Tribes. They'll probably have to stop to replenish food and such on the way.

I was sort of thinking that when they're in the Southern Water Tribe, one of the Black Lotus members would recognize Nizhoni, and thus warn the Black Lotus they had had spies in their midst. That would make the whole thing more dangerous and interesting.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:35 pm

I see. Okay, that makes sense. I was just trying to understand our mission now.

That could be interesting too, Kathryn (your last proposal).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:39 pm

Okay, guys. My laptop is extremely screwed up right now.
I'm going to send it out tomorrow(hopefully), but I don't think I can write anything up. The screen keeps freezing and turning white so I can't quite write up a decent post.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 pm

That all sounds cool to me Kathryn.
More dangerous and interesting makes it alot more fun.

Sorry to hear about your Laptop Ineiro. I know what it's like to have a broken computer. That's why I hate my computer. It's a complete piece of crap thus leaving me with my DSi. Anyway I hope it all works out for you.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Do you have a library near you, Inerio? I know the libraries here only allow you to have one hour on them because there are only five computers and a lot of demand for them, so it may be best if you use a computer at the library that doesn't have internet, save it to a disc, then go onto the computers that do have internet to post it. That's the best idea of which I can think.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:03 pm

Yeah my library has more then 5 computers but we still only get an hour to use them.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Sorry for the double post (I don't really like to) but, It's Gunneh's turn now (due to Inerio's comp trouble) right?
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Don't worry about the double post. I don't like doing it either, but sometimes it's necessary. Yes. I do believe it is Gunneh's turn because Inerio is without a working computer, and I don't think she has seen my post.

Gunneh! Get yer bum in gear! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:24 pm

No worries on the double post. ^^

I look forward to reading more of this tale unfold!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:51 am

I just realized It's my turn, isn't it?

Well it's time for bed for me now but I'll get a post up by tommorow hopefully, by Sunday definitely.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:52 pm

Sounds good to me. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:15 am

Thumbs Up I look forward to it, Gunneh. ^_^

I like that this RP is very accommodating to my schedule.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:01 am

Alright I posted. It's pretty late here and I'm tired so if something's wrong let me know.

Since Ineiro is unable to post I added her yelling at me in because I knew that's what she intended to do. Hope that's okay.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:35 am

Yep. Your entire post is okay. Thanks. It's Fate's turn now.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:52 am

That's a first lol.

Maybe I should make late night posts in where I'm half asleep more often xD.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next