FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full

+6
Adrius Frostglare
Inerio
Gunneh
Fate Flyer
Ehoron
Kathryn Lacey
10 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full - Page 2 Empty Re: Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:16 am

I'm actually working on the first post, so there's no need for him to begin the toils of it. Because everyone is already a part of the group, anyone can post next. First come, first serve for the posting order, just as last time except easier because everyone is already available. ^^_^^ I'll do my best to make it so the group will gather together. ^^_^^

Oh! Gunneh also addressed something to me earlier that had also crossed my mind, and this was what we decided:

They'll all have similar outfits to what Zuko wore when he was the Blue Spirit. They'll all have the masks and the black ninja costume. We agreed that they'll only use them when their identities were meant to be a secret, and when they would need to fight people. Gunneh realized that this would be a great way to throw the attackers for a loop despite the obvious size differences between many of the warriors.

Obviously, there's the blue, demon mask, and I want to say that I'm watching the scenes from Book One: Water, Chapter 13: "The Blue Spirit" for this information. The mask had three ribbons that keep it secured to the head. There are two on each side, and there's one at the top attached to the crown of the mask.
There's also his black, ninja outfit. It looks like a full bodied suit, but it doesn't cover the hands or the feet.
There's a hood to the top of it that covers the entire head with the exception of the face.
There's a sash that ties around the waist.
He wears some sort of dark brown gauntlets that reach from his wrists to his elbows.
He also has some sort of grey armlets around his upper biceps. I'm assuming this is to keep the fabric secure, as it seems to be a bit baggy otherwise.
He wears light boots of a dark brown colour that reach just below the knee into which the pants are tucked.
He also wears grey gloves.
The rest of the costume is black, including the sash.

{EDIT}
I learned how to take screen captures, so I’ll add them here for a visual reference! I’m sorry some of them are so small. They were like that even after making the image full screen and capturing them.

Blue, Demon Mask ((Not my picture))
Top of Head/Mask Ribbons
Hood View
Side Hood View
Hood Down
Full Body Front
Full Body Front ((kneeling, firebending))
Full Body Front ((kneeling, best view of colours))
Front from the Knees Up ((I didn’t crop Aang out because I love the look on his face. XD ))
Front from Knees Up ((decent view of arms))
Frontal View
Front ((good arm view))
The Back of the Costume
Closer View of Back from the Left Side
{/EDIT}

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full - Page 2 Empty Re: Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - OoC - Full

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:50 am

Damnit... I hate double posting, but this is an important double-post.

The IC thread is found here:
Avatar: Rise of the Black Lotus - IC. I also put it into the top of the first post of the OoC. The link to the OoC is in the top of the IC. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:42 am

Stealthy, got it. No screaming from spiders this time. Wink

You and Gunneh seem to have loads of creativity flowing between the two of you!

I like the idea of the Warriors also having Bue Spirit costumes for missions that require their identities to be kept a secret. Thanks for better describing the outfit, too.

Now time to go read the IC thread. ^^

EDIT: Great first post, Kathryn. Thumbs Up

Now I'm wondering, what is the entrance like to this secret underground base of ours? In a capital city with so many people, the entrance would have to be out of sight for the most part. Is there a hidden trap door somewhere? Perhaps a cave-like opening exists with stone steps leading down?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:49 pm

Well... I got the idea from Book Three: Fire, Chapter 2: "The Headband" in which Aang tells the gaang about a secret river that leads right to the Fire Lord's palace. I knew it would be really stupid to use that for secrecy as children learn about it in school, but I thought the idea behind it was interesting.

First, I think they would have learned about it through Zuko. He's pretty good with stuff like this, and the entire world has secrety thingies like this.

Okay. How about this... There are caverns beneath the city ((in our game)), but most people don't know about them unless they're maintenance people or something. There would be running water with them but there should be walkways on the sides, so they don't have to trudge through it. I imagine Zuko could have set it up so there were secret entrances to other caverns about which even the sewer guys wouldn't know. Think of it like caverns branching off of sewer-ways with secret doors that aren't seen unless you know where to look.

It would be accessible by pressing certain bricks into the wall in a certain way which would be like unlocking the door to have it slide open. Of course, it wouldn't be the whole wall. I imagine it more as a circular opening through which there is a crawl space that leads into the bigger area. I got the idea of pressing bricks a certain way from Book Three: Fire, Chapter 13: "The Firebending Masters" when they do the Dancing Dragon form that unlocks that golden dragon egg. ^^_^^

I hope that all made sense, and I hope it's okay with you guys. I sort of just came up with the idea of the crawl space and secret door thing. ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:57 pm

That sounds like an awesome idea Kat! Though, it's not like I'd expect less from you!

But, I'm having trouble on where to fit Shigemi into this. Being a spy, I could have her distracting the guards by means of simple conversation or "I heard something over here!" and lead them away from the team's trail. Alternativly she could be on the mission with Kano and Nizhoni but off in a different area. I just wanted to check with you to see what idea would work better.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Technically, the mission to gather the scrolls was in the past, and I'm just narrating that information into the story. In all honesty, I wanted to give you guys creative freedom with your characters to decide how you want your own characters to be a part of this. I just mentioned in my post how Shigemi had volunteered with Nizhoni to be a part of being spies because you told me beforehand that you wanted Shigemi to be a spy. I purposely left the rest open-ended, so the rest of you could place your characters wherever you wanted.

If you would like, you can have it so Shigemi was also a part of the mission and off in another area of the palace or even another part of the city trying to find information, as can Ehoron or Fate. Actually, having Shigemi distract people while Kano and Nizhoni snuck into the the palace would work just as well, too. It would have given them an opening, but I'm sure even if you'd rather have had her collecting information they could have found another way of getting into the palace.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 am

I also agree that your idea on the underground tunnels branching off from the known sewers sounds perfect. The brick-lock with the hole opening also would work perfectly as well. :]

I had assumed that what you were initially narrating was in the past. I suppose the main thing for us to think of right now is how we manage to meet Nizhoni in the base. I think I may have my character trying to collect information in the city, to begin with.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:59 pm

><
I meant to post today but there was an electrical blowout in my room and the damn laptop died thus eating my post!!! I'll defiantly post, but now I have to re-write the post so it probably won't get up till later tonight.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Wow. Does posting "defiantly" include a crazed conversation with yourself over whether or not to post in a timely fashion? ^o_O^

Ooooh. I guess you meant "definitely." ^o_~^

Just get to it when you get to it unless you want to be in a certain posting order. Believe me, once we really start getting into the game, your number on the posting list doesn't matter because you'll always feel like the last one even if you're first. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Bleh, spell check throws out words and me and every once in a while I don't pay attention to what I'm agreeing to. Defiantly is certainly one of the less odd words its used. Also, I'm actually almost done with my post, thank god, I figured writing would be harder considering my frustration with my technology's recent rebellion. However, that is luckily not the case.

Imagine if I was having a crazed conversation with myself? That would be both ridiculous and funny. It's sad to say I almost expect it of me.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Ah. Gotchya. Time to start paying attention, Inerio.

Wow. That is really lucky. After I have blows like that to my posts, I don't even want to bother trying again, and I usually make a crappier post because of it. However, there was one occasion where it was just what I needed, and I ended up creating a much better post than the original. That only happened once. Usually I lose my drive to post for a few days after I lose a post.

Actually, I expect it of you, too. :: pats ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:13 pm

I'm contemplating a post right now.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Soo... It's really not the dead of night. I said in my first post that the servants are out and about doing their duties which enabled my character to successfully sneak into their quarters and change unnoticed.

I also think it's less suspicious to be garbed in civilian clothing, especially because it's daylight. People are less likely to follow someone ordinary than someone dressed all in black with a mask. I can understand that some may feel it better in case they're caught sneaking into the sewers, but I find it unlikely that someone would really notice at the level of stealth our characters should have achieved by now.

Also... It's not really... a house that they have for their secret area for meetings. I should probably edit my post to include the sewer area since I came up with the specifications for it after I'd already posted.

{EDIT}
I realize now that I did specify that the meeting place was beneath the streets of the city, but I have gone so far as to add more details about how to make one's way to the proper location.
{/EDIT}

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:39 am

Alright, after suddenly disappeared, I have some news.

My internet is down, probably until next Friday. I'll have sporadic Internet access whenever I visit friends' houses and steal their computers for a time. Don't hold the roleplay up because of me.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 pm

Don't worry about it, Ehoron. Fate still needs to post, too, and Inerio still needs to edit her post to fit the proper time of day and location. It'll probably be a while.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:39 pm

*sigh* I suppose it is far too late for another person to join, since all five positions in your Blue Spirit Warriors is taken. Would there be any way for myself to join or is the RP strictly closed as of current?
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:39 pm

Well, I was going to reply to this RP tonight, but I'm a bit preoccupied right now deleting inappropriate pictures from our oekaki right now, and trying to deal with this recent drama that is erupting because of it. Needless to say, my blood pressure is a little high. I'll hopefully get my reply up tomorrow.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:00 am

Right now, the role play is closed to new members. However, I can put you on the waiting list that's begun to develop. Magix is first in line, but you'll be second until I can remember who told me they wanted to be on the waiting list. I'm not really sure if we'll have people other than the Blue Spirit Warriors until after they reach the Southern Water Tribe, but even then it's iffy. We haven't really planned further than, "Grab Baby. Stop Black Lotus."

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:36 am

XD Nod
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:48 am

Also, Fate, I read the thread that probably was the cause behind your stress, and I just want you to know that you can take your time.

I'm allowing everyone to take their sweet time on making their introduction posts, but four days will be the amount of time each person has to post before their skipped after that. I think four days is a generous amount of time considering the fact that this role play is for advanced play, and if people take too long to post, they're going to kill it. I want it to live so very much. ^*_*^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks, Kathryn. I'm sure I will be able to post later on today (after I return from an errand).

I think four days is fair. I can do that, I believe. Yes, let the Avatar RP live!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:53 pm

I like your post, Fate. Now we're just waiting on Inerio's edit and Ehoron's post. I don't mind waiting.

Actually... I just realized that Ehoron said his internet is down until this coming Friday. I had thought he meant sooner for some reason.

Inerio, if you're still interested in this role play at all, I really wish you would edit your post. I would like you to edit your first post before you make your second one.

I'm going to wait no more than two days before making my own post. If Ehoron hasn't managed to find Internet access in that time, I'll just go ahead and say his character is late, and proceed with their meeting.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Great, thanks, Kathryn. I hoped it was okay. EDIT: Oops. I noticed a mistake. My hands enjoy typing in the wrong tense.

All right, so Ehoron will be late. (I'd be pretty upset if I didn't have internet for that long. XD)

Perhaps Inerio is no longer interested? I'm not sure.

I think that sounds reasonable.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:45 pm

If Inerio is no longer interested, I'll just have someone delete her post, and we can all edit Shigemi out of our own posts. In that case, I'll message Magix, and tell him he's okay to be a part of this game.

However, if she is still interested, we'll just do what we were going to do in the first place.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:21 pm

I'm still interested, I've just been a bit busy. I'll go edit my post.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:24 pm

I figured you still were, but you hadn't even responded to the OoC, so I was starting to get worried. Thanks for editing. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Sorry. ^.^
I think my newest post will be shorter. However, with the way it's going it contains just the right amount of sarcastic narration that the other one so clearly lacked. ::nods:: Yes, my writing is finally back to normal.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:29 pm

I don't mind short posts as long as they meet the requirements set by this board. :: narrows eyes at Gunneh ::

It'll be nice to read a post of yours that has your specific writing style in it. I enjoy your sarcasm.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:53 pm

*raises hands in an over dramatic fashion* It's been edited! I would have added more to her speech but it would have seemed odd due to the other two posts so anything I might have had her say will be added to my second post.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:06 pm

I like it. It feels more like you, and it gives more of your character's personality. Thanks.

I'll start working on my own post, but I'm still going to wait a short time for Ehoron, just in case.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next