FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC]

4 posters

Go down

Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Empty Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC]

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:06 pm

No! This role-play is not based on Aang, so please read the entire plot. I am just covering the original Avatar series for anyone who has not watched it.

Click Banner to be Redirected to the IC - Not Yet Active.
Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Nationssymbols1cc0copy-1
Water, Earth, Fire, Air

Long ago, the Four Nations lived together in harmony, then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements could stop them, though when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new avatar, Aang. And although his Airbending skills are great he has a lot to learn before he is ready to save anyone. But I believe, that Aang can save the world.

"The world will never be in balance, because the elements are always in rage."

The Four Nations once lived in a time of peace and prosperity, in a time where all elements were thought to be equal; but Fire Lord Sozin, best friend to Avatar Roku himself, had plans for the future that were by far selfish and corrupt. Fire Lord Sozin wished to expand his empire across the world, an idea in which Sozin proposed to Roku during his wedding – in which he (Sozin) was the best man of. He commented that the Fire Nation was going through a period of great prosperity and that he wished to spread it to the world by expanding his empire; however the Avatar, keeper of balance, refused, saying that the Four Nations were meant to be separate.

Later in the years Roku discovered that Sozin had set up colonies in the Earth Kingdom, and because of that Roku confronted Sozin and the two engaged in battle. Leaving Sozin's palace in shambles and yet sparing his old friends life due to their past relationship, Roku warned Sozin to never again move forward with his plans or it would result in his "permanent end".

Twenty-five years later, Roku's home island was consumed by a volcanic eruption so massive that Sozin could see and feel it from a hundred miles away. Traveling by dragon-back, Sozin assisted his old friend and tried to push the lava flow back... But the poisonous gases soon overwhelmed Roku and left him hindered. Begging his friend to further aid him, Sozin soon realized that with the Avatar dead he could persist with his plans... So Sozin escaped, and left his old friend there to die along with Fang, Roku’s dragon.

Twelve years after Roku's death, Sozin used the power of a comet (Later named Sozin's comet) – in which gave the Firebenders an unbelievable boost in strength – to attack the Air Nomads, hoping to destroy the future Avatar. They made sure the Air Nomads were no more; however Avatar Aang had just recently and reluctantly fled so Sozin spent the remainder of his life searching for the Avatar so he could destroy the last Airbender. Unfortunately he was not successful, the Avatar somehow eluding him.

Later in the years Sozin seeded a son, Prince Azulon, who shared his father’s thirst for domination. After Sozin died peacefully in his sleep Azulon was his father’s successor, becoming the new Fire Lord... Who appallingly followed in his father’s footsteps.

Fire Lord Azulon later came to marry Fire Lady Ilah (Who died before Azulon and was said to be a Firebender), and they bared two children, Iroh and Ozai. Azulon had long stated that Iroh would be his successor but Ozai later protested, saying that Iroh was a quitter because he let his son’s (Lu Ten) death get in the way of the siege of Ba Sing Se – which had lasted nearly two years (600 days). Plus the bloodline would end due to the death of Lu Ten.

Iroh was also known as the "Dragon of the West" and was said to have killed off the last of the dragons. In truth, he had lied to conceal and protect the last two dragons who had taught him the true art of Firebending. Unlike the rest of the Fire Nation who drew their power from anger and rage, Iroh uses the energy from life – this is something that was later taught to Zuko and Aang.

Also, when Iroh was young, he had a vision that he would claim the capital of the Earth Kingdom, but later he realized he was meant to claim it back from the Fire Nation. This also goes along with stories of Iroh venturing into the Spirit World.

Azulon told his son Ozai that he would be terribly punished for saying such fowl things, Azulon refusing to betray his firstborn son. Azula, daughter of Ozai, claimed to Zuko and her mother that while spying she learned that her grandfather, Azulon, said that Ozai must learn how it feels to lose your firstborn son – in Ozai's case, that meant Zuko.

Ozai had every intention to carry out the execution but his wife, Ursa (Granddaughter to Avatar Roku), plotted with Ozai so that he would become Fire Lord, which in effect would spare Zuko’s life. Ozai said that his wife committed “vicious, treasonous things that night” and killed Azulon, and because so, she was banished... Although speculation wonders how she could have killed Azulon, he being the most powerful Firebender at the time – so it is thought he was killed in his sleep, or poisoned.

The next day at Azulon’s funeral the sages conducted a ceremony and named Ozai the new Fire Lord, stating that Azulon’s last dying wish was to be succeeded by his second son. Iroh didn’t protest the crowning of his brother due to mourning his son’s death as well as hearing it was his father’s dying wishes for Ozai to be Fire Lord.

At 13, Prince Zuko attended a meeting with his Uncle Iroh, a meeting that consisted of his father and his generals. Speaking out against one of the general's plans that entailed sacrificing an entire division of new recruits in a diversionary maneuver, Zuko began to disagree with the general, saying that they could not sacrifice loyal Fire Nation troops. The Fire Lord furious, he demanded that Zuko participated in an Agni Kai, or a fire duel. Zuko believing that he was going to the fight the general that he so rightly disagreed with, – Iroh never defended Zuko, but deep down, he to agreed with his nephew – Zuko turned around to find out that he is not facing the general, but his father instead. Since Zuko spoke out of line not just in front of the general, but in his father's own war room, it would be his father who he would face.

Refusing to fight back against Fire Lord Ozai, – his father – he was badly scared/burned across his left eye and then banished, his father finding him a disgrace, a coward. Zuko was not allowed to return to the Fire Nation with his honor and future throne until he had found the Avatar – which at the time was practically a lost cause, if not impossible, the Avatar having been missing for over a 100 years.

Two siblings from the Southern Water Tribe, Katara and Sokka, later discovered the last Airbender, Aang, frozen in an iceberg. After freeing the boy, Avatar Aang let himself become prisoner to the Fire Nation so that they would spare the Southern Water Tribe. Katara and Sokka, with the help of Appa (Aang’s flying bison), saved Aang and began their journey to help the Avatar master the elements. Water, Earth, and Fire

Traveling to the Southern Air Temple and finding Monk Gyatso's (Friend and master) skeleton, Aang was enraged and accidentally went into the Avatar State in which mistakenly let the world know of his return. This is also where Aang acquired Momo, a flying lemur, and the last of his kind. Soon after, the entire Fire Nation began to come after Aang. That is when the real fun began. Moving from place to place, meeting different people, and making lots of new friends along the way, the Avatar’s power/wisdom never ceased to grow.

Almost a complete year passing – since the return of the Avatar – and after a few attempts to upstage the Fire Lord, such as the eclipse (Day of Black Sun) – which lasted only seven minutes – ended all the same, with the Fire Nation taking several prisoners; but in the end, the Avatar had finally mastered all the elements just like Avatar Roku had told him to do... But yet not in time, because Sozin's comet neared. With Katara, Sokka, Toph (Aang’s Earthbending master), Zuko (Aang's Firebending master) who had finally discovered his destiny, and countless others such as the White Lotus, – which consisted of King Bumi (Old friend of Aang), Iroh (Zuko’s uncle), Pakku (Aang’s/Katara’s Waterbending master), Sword master Piandao, (Sokka's master), Master Jeong Jeong (Aang’s first Firebending master), and countless other masters – the final battle began. Which took place in Ba Sing Se.

Princess Azula (Daughter of Ozai, sister to Zuko) set to be crowned as the new Fire Lord, Ozai went off to become the Phoenix King, better yet the king of all that the world knew. The comet giving the Firebenders immense power, Ozai planned to finish the war and completely destroy the Earth Kingdom – the last true threat to the Fire Nation – once and for all.

The Avatar having lost the ability to go into the Avatar State, – thanks to Azula from killing him with a lightning strike, in which Katara healed him/brought him back from using special water from a spring in the Northern Water Tribe – Aang went up against the Fire Lord. In the midst of the battle, the Avatar was struck in the back by a rock and somehow the lost ability returned. Using all four elements, he readied to destroy the Fire Lord but instead used a talent called Energybending, – in which he recently learned from a Lion Turtle – allowing him to take away Ozai's Firebending, and end the war without killing being the answer.

Simultaneously, Katara and Zuko fought off Azula, – who went power crazy and banished most of her subjects – and defeated her by the means of restraint. Note that Azula controlled blue fire, and that she was said to have been like her grandfather, a Firebending prodigy.

Zuko being crowned the new Fire Lord, and happily being reunited/paired with Mai, Zuko proudly stood before all nations with the Avatar at his side, promising that he would regain the Fire Nation's honor and help rebuild the world from the scar that his nation had left.

Ending with a single passionate kiss shared by Aang and Katara... – at the Jasmine Dragon, owned by Iroh, and located in Ba Sing Se – the world/elements were rebalanced, but it would still take many centuries to patch up old wounds... Note that Azula was institutionalized at a mental health facility on a remote island and Zuko found out that his mother was not just just banished, but also killed.

No other imbalances occurred after this event, but yet Aang still had to undergo the biggest of trials, he had to rebuild the world after so much uncalled-for destruction.

Years of promoting peace and love, years spent with all Four Nations tirelessly working to rebuild, all finally came together again when Aang and Katara shared each other’s hand in marriage – it was a history making event, being the first time two nations had come together. Air and Water

In the time to come, both Aang and Katara had three children, one Waterbender, and miraculous two Airbenders – two girls, and one boy. Trained by only the best, they came to be masters... Who had a duty to their element. With the Air Temples being filled by refugees and astounded scientists, Aang and his children took their place in attempting to rekindle some of the Air Nomad culture for the sake of future generations.

Nearly 300 years after this event, several Air Nomads and descendants of Aang currently exist... And the world has been grander than ever – it was not just 300 years, but instead, 300 years of peace. Aang's great feat still being talked about till this day.

Only one other Avatar has followed in Aang's footsteps, and the world is now joining together yet again to discover the next; the past Avatar, Avatar Kiew – born of the Water Tribe, female – having died sixteen years prior to this day. Which means that this roughly takes places during the new Avatar's 16th birthday – and according the "Avatar Cycle", this should take place in the Earth Kingdom; Ba Sing Se to be specific.

Presently Roshan has an older brother, and the two brothers are princes to the Earth Kingdom. Both of them were naturally thought to be great Earthbenders, but the older brother was the one born as nothing less than a prodigy. Because of this, he taught his younger brother everything he knew. Roshan is very out there, so it took longer than usual to teach him because of his free-spirit, however one thing is for certain, his older brother is better than him in every way possible – but they still love one another greatly.

Today, the Earth King stands before all nations, previously announcing that today – ironically to everyone else, his younger son's 16th birthday – he would unveil the identity of the next Avatar. Everyone anxiously awaiting for the Earth Kings eternal wisdom, it is said that there was no joke about it, his son, Roshan, was indeed the next Avatar.

Everyone halfheartedly bowing in respect, and the Earth Kingdom cheering on one of their own, it truly came as a surprise that an uncaring, flamboyant, spoiled prince like Roshan was the next Avatar. It even came as a surprise to Roshan himself. Him, the Avatar, impossible – but his father persisted it was true after a small private confrontation with his son.

He is forced to say goodbye to his brother, his father, and even some of his friends because his journey starts immediately – he is shipped off to the Fire Nation to master Firebending. But not without a few valiant companions to tag along.

His brother is not so courteous to say goodbye to the new Avatar, because deep down there is evil in his heart, and it’s time for it to finally be released. It should have been him! He was the Earthbending prodigy, not his little brother! He should have been the Avatar! In the time to come, Roshan’s brother steps up to become the new Earth King, – after his father mysteriously dies in his sleep – and the war soon after begins out of jealousy and unjust events! It was time that Roshan's brother proved just how powerful he really was.

And this is where our story begins, the unveiling of the... Avatar!

The year is 300 ASC, and it's the year of the ram.
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : Hell... but I think the more technical term is Arizona. It's just as hot though, so what's the difference?

Back to top Go down

Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Empty Re: Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC]

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:07 pm

WORLD MAP
(Map w/ labeled cities, etc. Click Me.)

群雄四分 - "The heroes divide." The world is divided into Four Nations.
天下一匡 - "Correct all things under heaven." If rearranged, 一匡天下, it refers to reunification.

水善 - Water/Peaceful
  • Able to control water and turn it into ice. Also have healing capabilities, but mostly woman practice this. A good Waterbender is able to realize that there is water in most places - including the trees, flowers, etc. Bloodbending - 血液 - is not allowed unless you ask me, and it can only be used on NPC's - if you wish to use it on a player character, ask for their permission first. Also remember Bloodbending can only be used during a full-moon!

土強 - Earth/Strong
  • Able to control any type of rock. Metalbending - 金屬 - is not allowed unless you ask me first! Earthbending also includes Sandbending - 沙子.

火烈 - Fire/Fierce
  • Able to send fire out from their limbs, mouth, etc. No blue fire or any other colored Firebending without permission. Lightning - 閃電 - is completely out of the question for now.

气和 - Air/Harmony
  • Can bend air - including clouds. Airbending tattoos are only given to those who have fully mastered the element.

Rules
規則

• No Godmodding, killing of others characters, etc. You know the drill. I expect this role-play to be action-packed, so please fight fairly - this even goes with NPC's, don't just constantly be taking out NPC's at the speed of lightning, throw in some logic.
  • Romance is to be kept at PG-13, no sex implications, etc. Kissing, hugging, that is fine, but nothing more. This is encouraged, but the moment someone lets it control their character/the role-play in general, you will be warned, and if it happens again, kicked from the role-play. Basically, try to stick with the plot as much as possible. Also, no cursing! Don't even say "God damn". I want this to be as realistic to the show as possible. If you can find Aang or any other character saying "God damn" at least once in the series, I'll reconsider. 😉
  • I want literacy, and I swear I will get onto people about this. A good post should consist of around 20-25 sentences or four paragraphs, so I expect this to happen. I want good spelling - I suggest everyone be using Firefox for the spell-check. I want people to edit, etc. If you want a little help with this, here is a free online program - no downloads - that checks spelling, grammar, etc. Just don't press yes to everything, this program is not perfect. Click Me.
  • For the last time, no, you cannot be the Avatar, so don't ask. The Avatar is the center of control and will be played by me for that reason. Also, no bending lightning, metal, etc, without asking me first! This goes with plot twists and such as well - I don't want people killing off major NPC's without my permission, I don't want people killing other characters without my permission either, even if you have theirs. I may have my own plans in the future, and I don't want them ruined.
  • Respect others in this role-play, no skipping others posts, yata yata. I can't stand it when people ignore my posts, so I better not see it happen! I want everyone to read each post, and reply to that said person if needed. I don't want this to be fast-paced, so no speed-posters. This should ensure that hopefully people will not post right in-between someone else still posting. If this does happen, nonetheless, don't just skip the post because you’re lazy. Read it, and again, if that character speaks to you, edit your post!
  • I am the Avatar, I am God, and I get the final say in everything! End of discussion.
  • If you have any questions, or ideas, please feel free to ask me, I have no problem with that. Laughing Here is the Avatar Wiki for all your Avatar needs. Click Me.
  • Another sort of rule/sort of just a footnote, this role-play begins with the Avatar only knowing Earth, so naturally he has to go master the other elements, and go on a long journey like Aang had to.
  • As stated somewhere in the character skeletons, this is modern Avatar, no guns, time travel, or any of that garbage. Three-hundred years mean little to me; the technology you saw in the show is the same technology you will see in this role-play. Also, Flying Bison/Lemur, not allowed! Getting to the Air Temple... ? We have war balloons and of the such still. Very Happy If the Fire Nation could do it, so can everyone else.
  • Three characters maximum - doesn't include NPC's. Just make sure you are able to handle all three!
  • Keep the elements in balance/equality - meaning I want a good set of characters for each element.
  • Last but not least, have fun!
  • If you have read all the rules, please put this at the end of your post.
    Codeword: "The Last Airbender."

Character Skeleton
字符骨骼

Code:
[size=9][b]Character Name:[/b][/size]
(Avatar originally based most of their names and concepts after the Chinese, so keep that in mind. Symbols are Traditional Chinese.)
[size=9][b]Age:[/b][/size]
(If you plan to travel with the Avatar, I want you play a teenager. Others, we do need experienced/master benders and of the such.)
[size=9][b]Sex:[/b][/size]
(Male/Female)
[size=9][b]Nation/Element:[/b][/size]
(Fire, Water, Earth, Air - please don't put metal, lightning, etc. And, please don't everyone be a bender - Sokka an example of this.)
[size=9][b]Side:[/b][/size]
(Balance/Imbalance/Neutral)
[size=9][b]Personality:[/b][/size]
(At least a good, literate five sentences.)
[size=9][b]Brief Biography:[/b][/size]
(Ten sentence, two paragraph minimum. Character's roots, hometown, etc.)
[size=9][b]Appearance:[/b][/size]
(Detailed description/pictures - must be original, no pictures from games, past Avatar seasons, etc.)
[size=9][b]Other:[/b][/size]
(Anything else you failed to mention, including weapons, etc - I don't really expect benders to have weapons... And no guns, and future crap. Modern Avatar world.)
[size=9][b]Played by:[/b][/size]
(Your username goes here)

Last edited by Mæstro on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : Hell... but I think the more technical term is Arizona. It's just as hot though, so what's the difference?

Back to top Go down

Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Empty Re: Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC]

Post by OniIgnasha Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:14 pm

Character Name:
Suna[Sand] Neko[Cat](砂 猫)
Sex:
Female
Nation/Element:
Earth/Sand
Side:
Neutral
Personality:
Giddy and outgoing, she is often seen as annoying and people tend to either avoid her or leave her company quickly. She tends to like to play pranks and say a lot of jokes, being a smart ass sitting at the top of her list. She is not easily angered, but is quick to snap when she is and tends to stay mad far longer then most people would. She is easily hurt and gets sad over many things, becoming depressed for days over something that made her cry. She hates is when people see her cry so she will seclude herself, preferring to be alone when she is upset.
Brief Biography:
Suna was born in the Si Wong dessert between the Lover's cave and the Library. Her parents were part of a traveling tribe of sand benders, nomads that often stole important items to sell and make money so that they could by food and water. Suna was raised in the nomadic tribe, often being the one to get into trouble and scare her parents and the elders of the tribe. She went on many a mission in order to steal something, but more often then not she either botched the mission, or was the one who did the stealing, and it was not when her people had wanted. Suna had a vastly different idea what was considered important, and because of that she was soon banned from going on the missions. She quickly became bored and started to teach herself how to ride and drive the sand gliders, learning her craft of sand bending quickly in order to master both the element, and the glider.

It took her two years before she had mastered both, and when she had, she knew she was gone. She packed up all of her supplies, filling an old gourd with sand so that she would always have her element with her. In the dead of the night she left her parents and her tribe, taking off in the glider and leaving behind the only home that she had ever known. She spent two years traveling and gathering items, stealing many of them, but taking others from abandoned cities and towns. She heard the stories of the Avatar and decided to see if she could find him or her, hearing about the new war and slowly being discovered by the other kingdoms.
Appearance:
Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Ninja-3
Suna wears a strangely shaped cloth helmet. It looks much like the head of a cat, reinforcing her name. The helmet acts as a shield for her ears and eyes against the sad and the sun. She wears a tattered poncho type garment that has a stiff collar that wraps all the way around her head, acting as more of a shield for her face against the sand when the wind blows. That same garment acts as a protection against the sun for her skin and keeps her skin from being stung by the blowing wind. Under the long poncho garment, she wears a tight leather suit that is a tank top and shorts. Under the bottom half is cotton leggings and her feet are wrapped in tight leather boots.She carries a large leather pack that holds all of the items she had collected, plus her three water skins, two food bags and her three sand nomad knives. On her right hip is the gourd filled with the sand and on her back attached to the bag and folded flat is the strange star shaped weapon.
Other:
Her weapon is the one in the pic
Played by:
OniIgnasha

---

Character Name:
Ookami[Wolf] (狼)
Sex:
Male
Nation/Element:
Water/None
Side:
Balance
Personality:
Calm and laid back he is often seen as shy, when in reality he likes to observe more then anything else. He finds it peaceful to be alone and would rather meditate rather then fight.He is not easily angered, but cools down quickly once he is. His smile and laugh are almost infectious, being hard to resist. He is only shy around women, finding it hard for him to cope with the thought of rejection, so he avoids talking with women as much as he can. He is seen as an outsider and was only accepted by his people because of how he is and because of his expert fishing skills.
Brief Biography:
Born in the southern water tribe to the wife of the leader of the tribe, he was given a fairly easy life, but still had to work like all the others. He was taught to fish and taught the history of their tribe, like all of the children. He learned quickly and craved more knowledge, but discovered that there in his home, there was nothing more that could be taught to him. This caused him great distress, the thought of not being able to learn anymore then he had, making him fell like the world was too small, His world was too small, so he decided to leave home and discover the rest of the world for himself, to gather more knowledge before he returned home. He talked with this mother and father, the three of them deciding on the best course of action.

His parents had not wanted him to go, but he convinced them that it was the only way that he would be happy, promising to return once he had learned all that he could. One of his first nights out there was a bad storm and he had to stop his small boat, taking refuge on an iceberg. It was cold and the wind was biting, he knew he would die there if he were not able to get warmer. It was that night that Iruka found him and protected him from the cold, the large cat taking pity on the water tribesman and keeping him warm. In the morning Ookami convinced the large white cat to travel with him, and so they set of again.
Appearance:
Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Hiawatha_of_the_Water_Tribe_by_inks
Other:
The large snow cat in the pic is his companion. Her name is Iruka.
Played by:
OniIgnasha

---

Character Name:
Eiki[Courage] (鋭気)
Sex:
Female
Nation/Element:
Water/Water
Side:
Neutral
Personality:
Cocky and outgoing, Eiki is seen as over bearing and often is mistaken as a ball-bashing woman. She is easily entertained and loves to dance and play around, often getting drunk and passing out. She snaps often when something irritates her, taking her anger over the top and over reacting easily over almost nothing. She is hard to get alone with most times and more often then not she pushes people away. She can't stand being sad so she turns in into anger instead, taking that new found anger out on who or what made her sad in the first place.
Brief Biography:
Eiki was born in the northern water tribe, raised by her parents to be a god fisher. She was content with that life for a long time, but quickly grew bored with it and decided she wanted to do something else. She hated fishing and she wanted a more exciting life. So when the opportunity presented itself, she took the chance and joined the crew of a water tribe pirate ship. Two days on the ship and she knew right away that this was the life she wanted, the life she had been yearning for. She went to many places and learned to fight, mastering her water bending their on that ship. It was on one of her exciting trips that she got her two white hamsters, the two little creatures being her closest friends on her journeys.

She heard about the changing of the avatars, thinking it a good chance to go to the earth bending main capital and she left her ship, promising to return once they were in that area again, for they never stayed in one place for very long. She loved to experience new things, and the chance to see the naming of the new avatar was something she was not going to pass up. Plus she hoped to snag some earth kingdom items to bring back to her ship for souvenirs, or just to sell to make some quick money before she went back to her ship.
Appearance:
Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] AtLA___Rilu_Reference_Sheet_by_Aibi
Other:
(Anything else you failed to mention, including weapons, etc - I don't really expect benders to have weapons... And no guns, and future crap. Modern Avatar world.)
Played by:
OniIgnasha

Codeword: "The last Air Bender"

Last edited by OniIgnasha on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
OniIgnasha
OniIgnasha
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Prince/Avatar Roshan Tensei

Picture created by Tyshea via Deviantart.
Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Shi_by_Tyshea
Character Name:
Roshan [我摻 wǒ (I/me/myself) shǎn (To grasp)] Tensei [神聲音 (Voice of God)]
Sex:
Male
Nation/Element:
土強
Side:
Neutral
Personality:
Brief Biography:
Born of the Earth Kingdom, son of Earth King Minzhe, Roshan grew up having every possible necessity; love, power, respect, leisure, and his brother, Naguri. He grew up relying on his brother, looking up to him as a romodel - which at the time was an admirable thing. His brother was a true Earthbender, and a person that loved his kingdom. Roshan could not have found a better Earthbending teacher - unfortunately, bending did not come easy to Roshan, nor did focus. Earthbending was in his blood, but yet, unlike his brother, he was nothing close to a prodigy.

It took several years to finally master Earthbending, but Roshan's technique was not so forceful, he not having the same drive as most - Roshan preferred to fool around more than get the job done. Nonetheless, Roshan is still very skilled in the art; later in his life, he did further study in the unique technique performed by the Dai Li... And it has become very visible that much of their technique has rubbed off on him - for starters, his appearance is proof of that. Fun fact: The Dai Li was trained by Avatar Kyoshi herself in order to guard the cultural heritage of Ba Sing Se while the king dealt with other important matters like the civilians. However they grew more corrupt than expected, so after the war with the Fire Nation they were stripped of their authority and disbanded.
Appearance:
«
Other:
Travels with an Eel Hound - fastest creature on land or water.
Played by:
Mæstro

Picture created by Arlym via Deviantart.
Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Waterbender_Femeref_by_Arlym-1
Character Name:
Kiew [蝌跃 kē (Tadpole) yuè (To jump/to leap)]
Diseased
Sex:
Female
Nation/Element:
水善
Side:
Balance
Personality:
Brief Biography:
Born in the Northern Water Tribe...
Appearance:
«
Other:
One of Avatar Roshan's past lives - previous Avatar. Kiew is a spirit who has begun to guide Roshan much like Roku did to Aang in generations past.
Played by:
Mæstro

Prince Naguri Tensei

Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Earth
Character Name:
Naguri Tensei [神聲音 (Voice of God)]
Sex:
Male
Nation/Element:
土強
Side:
Imbalance
Personality:
His personality is that of a strict man, putting work and everything that needs to be done before himself. He is a man of serious pride to the Earth Nation, and is that type of man who takes everything with the utmost seriousness and rarely jokes around if at all. He doesn't trust many people with his tasks, only those who he has known and has grown to trust over long periods of time. At meeting someone, he must grow to trust them and must test the person normally verbally before he can grow to trust someone. Anyone that does not share his view of things are normally dealt with in a way that Naguri see's fit. A man who always wants his way, and is a very selfish man, finding himself raging war as he see's fit.
Brief Biography:
He grew up a man trying to live up to the expectations and beyond. He trained greatly, and honored his seat under his father, as the son to the Earth King. He became known to handle the art of Earth bending exceptionally well, and mastered the art of Earth Bending itself. Though he continued to practice and practice, and get better all the time, he seemed to be a natural talent, mastering the element quickly and handling it well. His father was proud of him just as he liked it. As son of the Earth King, he felt as if he had had the 2nd in command position although that was not true at all of course.

Then he was born. Roshan, the little child that brought his older brother joy. He smiled as he cuddled his newly born brother, and his father and mother as well. Things from that moment on were better for him, as he taught his brother everything he knew. He began teaching him right under his wing the arts of Earth Bending, his father looking on to be a proud man, as his Sons bonded together. Things couldn't have been any better for Naguri, and he knew that life was just perfect for him. He hand a younger brother, he was a Natural Talent in his art, he had a powerful father who ruled a Entire Main Nation under his feet, and he basically
had everything under the sun. Then in his eyes, everything changed for the rest of his life.

When his brother was announced by his father to be the Avatar, his life crashed down on top of him. His brother? The Avatar? The one who stumbled in his feats to master Earth Bending, the one who he called a brother!? Impossible he thought. The first thing that came to mind was that it must have been some type of mistake, but without a doubt his father was indeed not mistaken. His
brother Roshan was the Avatar, and his brother a nobody.(So he thought to himself.)

After his father's leave, his entire Attitude changed. His father "Died in his sleep", and he assumed command of the Earth King. The war was just beginning, and with him becoming the King, a completely new Era was to be born under the feet of the Earth King. No matter what his plans were immediately set in motion, and he began his first actions before he even became King, secretly behind his father's back. When he sat in the throne of the Earth King, he made a long sigh and said out loud "Long live the King"
Appearance:
«
Other:
Has many many secrets
Played by:
Originally Læment (Role-Play Gateway)/Taken over by Mæstro

Earth King Minzhe Tensei

Picture created by Blazingwire via Deviantart.
Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] OldKing
Character Name:
Minzhe
[暋责 mǐn (Strong/Vigorous) zé (Duty/responsibility/to reproach/to blame)] Tensei [神聲音 (Voice of God)]
Sex:
Male
Nation/Element:
土強
Side:
Balance
Personality:
Brief Biography:
King of the Earth Kingdom (Ba Sing Se), and father to Naguri and Roshan.
Appearance:
«
Other:
Master Earthbender.
Played by:
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:05 pm

::Raises hand::
I need to draw a new picture of him, plus I'm going to therapy in twenty minutes, so I'm reserving this space for my profile.

Is it okay for me to have a socially inept hermit man of science? Is it? Can I use him? Oh please oh please oh please? ::gets on knees and whimpers like a puppy::
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Yes you can. ^^ Create a hermit man of science, although who would you interact with?
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:11 pm

Well, he's the bastard child of a fire nation man and earth nation woman.(Which is why he's a bending inept twit) Since no one comes from the fire nation I'll stick his house in an Earth Nation forest.

I may make another character too, since you guys have so many and I'd feel left out. Like penis envy, but with characters.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Alright, Earth Kingdom forest and another character it is. ^^
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:16 pm

I'm not joining this. One Avatar role play is enough for me. I just want to tell you that you need to change your writing requirement rules, or you need to have this thread moved to the Casual Role Play section. The rules of FoG are set, so the Advanced section actually requires at least four paragraphs ((twenty sentences)), and the Casual section requires at least two paragraphs ((ten sentences)) per post.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:00 am

By the by, Kat is right. You'll need to change the literacy standard if you want it in advanced.

DISCLAIMER:
Self drawn pictures and slight sarcasm lie beyond this point!!!

Character Name: Jianyu, it means building the universe. I can't find the characters for it as of yet.
Sex: Male
Nation/Element:
Born to the Fire Nation, migrated to the Earth Nation.
Side:
"S-Side? I. . .I prefer not t-t-to pick sides."
Personality: Jianyu is a quite and tranquil soul. He's a pacifist by nature, and thus prefers to work out his problems with words. Unfortunately, the rest of the world doesn't think the way he does. He's fiercely dedicated to his work, so much so that it's caused social ineptitude on his part. He's very observant of others, however dedication to the pursuit of knowledge has left him out of touch with his own feelings. He often isn't aware of being scared or jealous until someone else points it out to him.
Brief Biography: Jianyu will not tell you about his life past the age of eleven. According to the man his life was “boring and uneventful”. Well, this certainly wouldn’t be a lie. Jianyu led an average life with an average mother and father in a garishly mundane little house. His grandfather, an old and rather bitter man, was of the Earth nation and stubborn in his ways. He was less than happy to find out that his precious daughter had fallen for a man of the Fire Nation and thus Jianyu never came into contact with his mother's side of the family. It wasn’t until Jianyu’s father, a man scrotum deep in gambling debts; lost a bet did Jianyu’s life truly begin. Ling-Fa had lost a bet to a doctor who lived on the outskirts of the woods, and didn’t have enough money to properly pay him back. The man proposed that to make amends the man sell him one of his family members. Well, Ling-Fa wasn’t too keen on selling his wife off to some strange hermit, and thus sold off his only son.
Some children would resent their father for this, but Jianyu will tell you a thousand times over that this was the best possible thing that could have happened to him.

The doctor, Dao, was overjoyed to have an assistant and quickly got to work on teaching Jianyu everything he would need to know in the world of medicine. This man, an old and slightly creepy individual, seemed to fill in the grandfather role for the child quite nicely. Jian was taught about everything from the effects of smelling salts, to acupuncture, to major and minor surgery. He grew a soft spot for surgery in his heart. This led to a through study of the human anatomy. And "studying" to Jian, sometimes meant peeping in on unsuspecting women when they were changing. This didn't quite help the socially inept teen's reputation at all.

When Jian turned twenty three Dao died, leaving Jianyu without a mentor and thus free to do whatever he so wished. However, Jianyu wasn't quite ready for such a large change in his life. Feeling alone, and quite out of place when he attempted to start his business in the city, Jianyu vanished without a trace. According to hearsay, Jianyu is now living in the woods somewhere, catering to whomever may stumble upon his home.
In his years of seclusion, Jianyu has branched out his scientific knowledge. After all, there isn't much to do out in the wilderness but study. Jian's house is now riddled with not only medical texts and supplies, but inventions and various forms of technology.
Appearance: One thing someone might notice about Jianyu is that he’s rather frightening upon first glance. He’s lean and thin, standing at an unnatural six foot eight. He blames the height abnormality on his father, and has yet to come up with a medical excuse for it. Jianyu has a rather bad slouch due to his work, and this slouch severely hampers his stature to about half a foot. His skin is pale, probably due to all the time he spends inside, and the most you will see of it is the very little he shows on his face that is covered by a makeshift surgical mask though he's not known to wear it at all times. Jianyu’s hair is long, going about to his knees and has never been cut due to “sentimental value”. In fact, Jianyu is extremely sensitive towards his hair to the point of being obsessive. His clothes are white, consisting of a long white robe with black gloves and boots. If one would be so lucky, or perhaps unlucky, to see Jianyu’s eyes they are a light shade of green.
On a side note, Jianyu has rather elegant hands.
Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Jianyu_by_Inerio
Other: Jianyu couldn’t make a fire with two stick, water with his saliva, move a rock even if he did toss or, nor could he generate a breeze with a fan. He's just that inept. However, he is an expert in all fields of science, specializing in various poisons and building traps. If confronted without first created some form of weapon Jianyu has been known to use a scalpel or staff or acupuncture needles.
Played by: Inerio, congrats, you wasted a few second of you life reading the obvious. : | I'm so sorry.

Character Name: Ziracuny, it's a Native American name meaning Water Monster.
Sex: Female
Nation/Element: If you want to get technical, she doesn't hail from any country in particular. She's an airbender.
Side:
"I don't know, mark me up as neautral or something!"
Personality: Ziracuny is a class case of thinking one way and acting completely different. Inwardly Ziracuny is self reflective, thoughtful, caring, and oddly aware of the world around her for a girl her age. Those who know this side would consider her an old soul. However, frustration with the outside world, impatience, and her occupation cause her to act completely different. Due to thinking that the majority of the world is obviously too stupid to think for themselves, if you knew the gang she'd traveled with you'd understand why, she's become snippy, bossy, and sarcastic. Because of this when she mets people with half a brain she's found making rude remarks and condescending tones. Despite that, it's rare for Ziracuny to raise her voice even in a heated argument.
Brief Biography: Ziracuny was, as her father puts it, born to the sea. Her mother gave birth to her in a cave just off the shore of a Fire Nation beach. It was a surprise to everyone on the in her father's gang that he didn't kill Mimiteh when she became pregant, and an even bigger surprise that he kept Ziracuny even after discovering she was a female and not the son he'd been hoping for. As expected, Wakiza calmed down a great deal after the birth of Ziracuny.

Wakiza, being a savage bandit and an even more formidable water bender, begun to commit less cruel acts. That wasn't to say he quit the pirate business, but women and children were now out of the equation. Ziracuny grew up near the ocean, often traveling by boat or horse with her father and being taught how to do things like pick locks and pockets without the victim even noticing. As she got older she was taught more brutal things like wear to cut a man to ensure he won't get up for a good five minutes or how to undergo torture without spilling any secrets.

Her father never did say being a criminal was going to be easy, but that wasn't to say that Ziracuny was raised to be evil. She was raised with a string of moral, albiet a very short and rather thin string. It was around the time that Ziracuny hit ten that her father began to notice that she was able to bend water, catching her trying to lead a leaf along the breeze on the beach one early morning. Since then he's attempted to teach her. However, it seems that her admiration for her father has also made her too self concious to bend around him. She could be in the midst of preparing a nasty tornado, but if her father happens to walk into her line of vision she'll completely fall apart.

Wanting to be a better bender, and a more independant person, Ziracuny bid her father farewell on her sixteenth birthday. She was given a small one man boat and a map, because in her Wakiza's opinion that was all a good pirate needed, and set forth into the world. Ziracuny floated about the air nation's for a time, attempting to collect knowledge on her airbending skills. Every now and then she'd drift into another crew when she needed the money, but for the most part traveled alone.
Appearance: Avatar, Brothers Dissolution ~ Book 1: The Avatar [OOC] Ziracuny_by_Inerio
Other: Ziracuny uses air, as any air bender does. She's also partial to tekko-kagi claws.
Played by: DON'T YOU REMEMBER THE PRECEEDING PROFILE!? CAN'T YOU SEE THE BLUE GIRL!? LOOK AWAY! STOP READING BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE READING SATIRE I'VE TAKEN THE TIME OUT OF MY NON-EXISTANT LIFE TO WRI----It's too late. You've read too far. You poor soul! ::mourns::

I figured after 300 years there would be a good deal of interracial breeding. I have no intent for that to lead to either of my characters being able to bend more than one element. However, if that bothers you then I'll change it.

Last edited by Inerio on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:00 am

My rules have been fixed. Thank you for informing me. Smile
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down