FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

+12
Kaitlyn Wild
Buzzwulf
Kædai
[Soma]
Haar
Twoface_ecafowT
Kesteven
Igraine
Lara
ShadowPhoenix0307
vitamin_kitten
Ehoron
16 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting) - Page 3 Empty Re: Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

Post by Kesteven Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:39 am

Good to see you're keeping things organized, background and character information is a complete bitch to find in most RPs. I sometimes end up making my own index just so I don't have to hunt around when I'm in the middle of writing.

Another question, how many people are currently in these camps? With the widespread supernatural activity and paranoia, I'm guessing it's a lot, at least a few thousand?
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

http://www.dissoluteproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting) - Page 3 Empty Re: Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 am

Kesteven wrote:Good to see you're keeping things organized, background and character information is a complete bitch to find in most RPs. I sometimes end up making my own index just so I don't have to hunt around when I'm in the middle of writing.

Another question, how many people are currently in these camps? With the widespread supernatural activity and paranoia, I'm guessing it's a lot, at least a few thousand?

Something like that. And yeah, adding more every day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:45 pm

In case it's relevant to anyone else's plots, I'm planning to develop Euryl's 'powers' in the direction of fairy affinity. By fairy I mean all the invisible or hidden beings of loosely Gaelic and Celtic tradition, including leprechauns, hobgoblins, brownies, pixies, the elf-like 'gentry', and so on, and the mysterious Otherworld they're said to hail from. Since fairies are closely associated with the souls of the dead, and integrated into Christian tradition as either evil spirits or half-fallen angels, I'm also including stuff like that under a similar banner.

Just to begin with I'm only giving him a kind of general ESP that comes from sensing the 'emotions' of people, animals and inanimate objects, occasional visions, and the ability to see fairy-type beings (with his left eye). For instance, if Abigail's 'friend' is fairy, ghost, angel or demon, Euryl would probably be able to see it, unless it deliberately exercises some kind of invisibility over and above the standard invisibility to humankind.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Cool! I don't know exactly what her 'friend' is, but it probably is one of the things you mentioned. :p That would actually make things very interesting, especially since her mom's quite adamant that it doesn't exist.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm currently stuck between two possible powers for Jacob. What do you guys think is the better one?

- Basically, he would have the mouth of a snake. What I mean by that is that his jaw will be unhooked like a snakes so he will be able to swallow things several times his size, albeit slowly. His mouth won't look any different than a normal humans unless he is trying to swallow something, lets say - a person, in which it would work in the same ways a snakes would.

-My other idea is to have him be able to manipulate his internal organs, including veins/nerves, ect. So what this does is basically make him extremely difficult to hurt/kill. If he is cut, he would simply move his nerve endings away from the spot so he wouldn't feel pain, and redirect his veins so he doesn't lose any blood. This also goes for shots at his main organs. A gunshot to the heart wouldn't do much, because he would have already moved his heart out of the way.

The second one might be a little 'overpowered' though. What do you think? I'll work on an intro post today and hopefully get it up tonight.
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:08 pm

Twoface_ecafowT wrote:The second one might be a little 'overpowered' though. What do you think? I'll work on an intro post today and hopefully get it up tonight.

The first one is the most interesting and has a linkage to mythology; lots of snake myths going around. And of course, he's devious enough to masquerade as a normal human by being an anti-emergent religious type, which makes it even more effective for that, 'what a bastard' factor.

Assuming you care to play it in that direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:37 pm

If it's not obvious soon enough, Rachel's emerging "ability" is both magical and mythologically based, even if I'm not being "straight out" with it quite yet. If you need to know exactly what it is, Heysuess, I'll PM you with it.

And, I'm begging you fellow RPers... mooooooooooore IC! I swear, it's a horrible sight when I'm all Crying or Very sad and begging, pleading eyes and stuff...

XD

ETA: I vote serpents too, btw - serpent mythology wrapped up with a twisted, warped "Christian" ethic? Shocked Has MUCH potential for cool...
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Igraine wrote:If it's not obvious soon enough, Rachel's emerging "ability" is both magical and mythologically based, even if I'm not being "straight out" with it quite yet. If you need to know exactly what it is, Heysuess, I'll PM you with it.

You don't need to do that. I think we can dispense with character approval-ish type mechanisms and just trust everyone to do their thing. So long as you have something in mind and it satisfies you that it makes sense, it's good. If you're unsure, feel free to ask for assistance.

I work on the trust principle in the forums, which I think usually works out; show a little trust and people usually validate those expectations far better than some sort of rigorous approval process.

That and I'm lazy about administrivia; I do not enjoy having to provide critique for people's characters, particularly as people seem to do just fine without someone looking over shoulders. So I'm mostly here to answer questions and offer suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:54 pm

It can be useful to have someone acting as a hub though, someone who knows all the secrets players are keeping from each other, the better to coordinate them. I don't think we need that here though.

I too cast my vote for the snake thing, Christians and serpents just go together, that is to say, they don't, which is why they do. To make best narrative use of the power though he'd also need a motive to use it - I'm thinking maybe 1) he could just be the kind of bastard that would eat people who got in his way, since it's a perfect murder method - no evidence, and physically impossible, so nobody would be able to figure it out, 2) eating things could have some kind of supernatural benefit, like increased physical power or the ability to use the appearances or memories of people he'd eaten and so on, which he'd exploit (again being a bastard), or 3) he could have some kind of compulsion, like a werewolf's bloodlust, that causes him to act against his rational will, letting him eat people without being a bastard (most of the time).
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:58 pm

And snakes are a powerful symbol across many cultures, almost all of them associating the snake, in some fashion, with mysticism. It's a compelling sort of argument, really, for development of other things as he progresses, if you care to do leave things open for later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:01 pm

Mmmm, thanks guys, you're giving me a lot of good ideas to work with! I'm not sure if I want him to be a villain yet in which case I'd definitely go for all those evil bastard things, or more of an anti-hero. He's not really a bad guy, just on the opposite side of the Emigrants.

And that settles it, I'll definitely be doing the snake one. The snake mythology and twisted connection to Christianity is just too awesome to pass up.
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:06 pm

For you, Twoface - just something that occured to me:

Quetzalcoatl

From the article above: "The Aztecs turned him into a symbol of dying and resurrection and a patron of priests."

Also, this centuries old depiction:

Yummy

Just a few things that ran through my head, figured I'd toss a few things at a wall and see what sticks. XD
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:30 am

Kesteven wrote:It can be useful to have someone acting as a hub though, someone who knows all the secrets players are keeping from each other, the better to coordinate them. I don't think we need that here though.

I dunno, we can probably just handle it informally; if there is something anyone thinks the other party or the players here at large need to know, PM or post it here or whatever. You get the idea. Each player can decide what gets held back and what gets let out in drips and what is just freely told.

By the way, I just want to add that of all the stuff I've read in here, it is surpassing any expectation I ever had for quality on this setting. Andy and I had this pegged for a dead project a while ago when we tried to get it going with a bunch of catty IRC roleplayers. What's even more fabulous is to see the way you guys just seem to have nailed the uncertainty and feel of the setting.

I'm really pumped for this, so much so that I have another post on the burner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:09 am

Lara, have you thought about what Cero might look like, in case Euryl does run into him?
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Cero's appearance changes every time he reappears (obviously he's not with Abby one hundred percent of the time, as he is his own 'being' and not just her imaginary friend), but I've always imagine him to be surrounded by shadows, if not entirely made up of them, no matter his shape. Does that help?
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks, it gives me a better idea about how Euryl would react to him. He's certainly unlikely to mistake him for a human, for a start.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowPhoenix0307 Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:31 pm

So... I apologize for my absence. Life has been rough and I've been working my ass off to smooth it out. But if you are still accepting, here is my character. I didn't really look yet, but if you have a IC thread up I doubt I'll have time now to catch up... But I will!

Character Sheet Format

Name: Rachel Elizabeth Kerr
Hometown: Philadelphia PA
Appearance:Rachel stands at 5'7". Her hair falls in soft waves that aren't sure if they want to curl or not down to just under her shoulder blades. The color of her hair, when you first glance is a light brown color with natural blond highlights. When the sun hits it, her hair looks red and makes her natural red strands stand out. Her eyes are a mix of blue and green, shifting from one extreme to the other at their own will. Over all, she is a pretty girl, fair skin that refuses to tan, freckles that cover her nose, cheeks, shoulders and arms. She has a nice athletic build, nothing to defined, but noticeable.
Normal Human: No
Bio:Rachel was always huge into sports, theater, and had good grades. When in High School she was part of the NHS, she played Varsity soccer and track, and was in the ITS. There were few things she wouldn't get involved in. She graduated with a 3.5 and went off to college for Biology. She has her Bachelors and is currently working on her Masters. She works at a Middle school and on weekends she is a bar tender.
ShadowPhoenix0307
ShadowPhoenix0307
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:21 am

ShadowPhoenix0307 wrote:So... I apologize for my absence. Life has been rough and I've been working my ass off to smooth it out. But if you are still accepting, here is my character. I didn't really look yet, but if you have a IC thread up I doubt I'll have time now to catch up... But I will!

No need to apologize for anything, it's not like this plot is moving along or that we're really holding up the show for anyone; it's pretty easy to slip in where you need to. And I haven't even taken off the recruiting status, because I'd hate to miss letting new arrivals to the board have their shot if they wanted to get in on this RP.

We're certainly accepting, I just put your character up on the character list and all that jazz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Aww, Seuss, you make me want to have Abby go right on up and hug you.

But I still can't figure out where exactly you are in the camp, so that couldn't happen right now even if I had the time to write up a post. ): Are you still in your truck or something?
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 pm

No, he's in the camp itself, sitting near Igraine's character.

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:53 pm

Yuppers, in an open area with a lot of people looking at us rather askance. >< Working on a reply atm : )
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Yeah, I can definitely play with that. Her momma might not be happy with what she's doing, but I'm sure Abby doesn't care.

Excellent, that you're already posting, Igraine. Smile I'll have to see what I've got to work with when I get home~.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Sooner or later, we'll have to start working up some sort of NPC database as well. Strictly to keep track a bit. Maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:11 am

Couldn't hurt, if you don't mind spending time organising it. I rather like using wikis for that sort of thing, that way everyone can chip in with whatever they want recorded and it's easy to keep everything interconnected.

Incidentally, does anyone else know where they're going with this? I have a few ideas, mostly relating to Euryl's vision, but they're not a plot by themselves. I also have a plan for how they could escape the compound, which would seem to be the next logical step after a bit more development.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Actually, Kesteven, as far as plot goes? Not a clue - like you, I only have a few ideas, specifically of how Rachel's "emergence" will manifest. But the how's and wherefore's are really going to have a lot to do with where she's at, and when.

The dialogue you have between Euryl and his new "friend" btw - it's really good.

Part of me would really love to find a way to get all our characters together-ish, somehow - though I've no idea if that will by necessity be by the escap?

Oh, and Twoface? Ooooooooo... I likey... Twisted Evil

eta: "escape" Bad spelling is baaaaaaad... Embarassed

Last edited by Igraine on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:44 pm

I don't really have any direction that I plan to take with my posts yet. I know (kinda) how Abby's powers will develop over time, and I (think) I know how Cero will develop his influence over Abby more. As for Rebekah, I just know that she won't handle things well, and I'll probably get a NPC or two involved in antagonizing her later on. Maybe.

Right now, I'm having so much trouble with a post. I'm thinking that it's no longer necessary for Abby to go up to Shaw and Rachel, that she'd probably stay away if only because he's already being comforted. But she'll definitely have to say 'hello' at some point later on, just to prove that she's not afraid of them because of their status. (I can't decide how Cero would react to the Alphas, though. Part of me thinks he'd be eager to stay away from them because, as Shaw used as an example, they're more powerful than he is.)

I'm thinking of just having her stare a bit and leave with the rest of the crowd, but I dunno how much of a post that'll be. Maybe her mom will come rushing over to make sure Abby knows just how 'dangerous' that was... -continues to think-
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:15 pm

I've got a vague plot-line in my head for how I'd like Jacob to become somewhat of a villain, but that might take some time so I'll have to figure out a way for him to get involved with you guys.

And thank you for those links Igraine! It gave me some great ideas as far as character progression is concerned.
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Tricky snake starts cult/fundamentalist megachurch?

They've got to be popping up like wildfire.

Oh, and Lara, if you need info on Shaw for your character's perceptions, feel free, I can give at least hints to work with as necessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Heyseuss wrote:Tricky snake starts cult/fundamentalist megachurch?

They've got to be popping up like wildfire.

lol!

And you're so very welcome, Twoface - certainly glad it could help! Dance

Oh, and Heysuess... I think you and I are sharing a brain cell or two tonight. XD
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:42 pm

What I said about not being able to come up with a post? Never mind. Smile

Thanks, Igraine. Even though I didn't really mention anything we talked about. :p And thanks for the offer, Seuss, but I got it this time around. Maybe in the future though!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next