FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Fantasy 1v1

Go down

Modern Fantasy 1v1 Empty Modern Fantasy 1v1

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:25 am

Hah, so I'm about to close out one of my RP threads to a conclusion and sort of open it up with another chapter, but I wanted to do a 1v1 in the meantime, because I want to stay on top of things and play it out creatively.

Pandora's Inheritance

To summarize, the idea is that magic has started to come back into the modern world, in a sudden fashion (no hidden cabals of vampires, eternal war with werewolves, supernatural entities manipulating events as a shadowy illuminati and so forth) and the result has been political chaos and societal tension.

The setting for this RP would be set slightly after the events of the Nellis Uprising, which was where Emergents, the magical people, managed to break loose from the government's measures to hold them in camps and deprive them of their civil rights (citing concerns of safety and so forth.)

The original thread is the big events, and it was intended to be this big old long-running single storyline, but I realized it's all too diverse to just do it in one thread. Instead, I decided to tell players they can just open up their own threads (and I'd start another 'big' thread in 'advanced') and 1v1's, and I'm doing the same thing.

The whole plot is about the world turning upside down and people coping with it, as one can see via the IC (and OOC, top of the page) links about the setting stuff as done thus far. For other questions, AIM is right there, so hit me.

I'm not sure where I want to go with the 1v1 specifically. I am probably going to do another character and work from there.

Oh: Addendum, the 'Emergence' isn't actually over. People in the setting, most of them anyway, may think that the guys that manifested abilities and others who turned into scary things out of fairytales is the end of it, but there's a lot more coming at them. So yes, there will be some timely chaos to add to the instability already. What went on at Nellis was only a signal of the beginning.

Back to top Go down

Modern Fantasy 1v1 Empty Re: Modern Fantasy 1v1

Post by Aurethius Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:41 am

If you're still looking for someone to do a 1v1 with, I'm up for whatever you have in mind. I know its been a while since you made this particular post, but if you're still up for it, I'd like to do a 1v1 and get acquainted with the 'Emergence Universe'.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:50 am

I'm still down for it, absolutely. I've been on a bit of a hiatus due to being buried under a pile o' work (tm) and also being under the weather. I managed to dig myself out of the workpile and I've got the weather behind me, so I'm going to catch up with some other RP's I'm involved in.

I was planning on locating this in an urban setting. Given all that's gone on with Nellis and politics and so forth, it ought to lead to all sorts of possibilities, though I haven't really plotted out things.

I'm glad someone's interested, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurethius Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:02 am

It fits the bill for folks who like Heroes or X-men or Mage: The Awakening without limiting itself to pre-established canon or rules. "People get neat powers out of nowhere, magic starts coming back, what happens?"

If you have the time in your schedule, we can crank out an OOC thread for this and get something going. Up to you, of course.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down