FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

+12
Kaitlyn Wild
Buzzwulf
Kædai
[Soma]
Haar
Twoface_ecafowT
Kesteven
Igraine
Lara
ShadowPhoenix0307
vitamin_kitten
Ehoron
16 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting) - Page 8 Empty Re: Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

Post by Igraine Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:15 am

I'd like to give Lara to post, before I post again. Very Happy
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting) - Page 8 Empty Re: Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

Post by Lara Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Good enough! -submits her post-

I don't know how often I'll be able to post for a while, by the way. I leave for college early tomorrow morning, and I've got band camp all week, and then actual classes start up. I don't expect to vanish from the internet, but I have no idea how big my workload is going to end up.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:35 pm

I'm a quarter to a third way through the one I've been working on in bits today. I have it set up, so I just have to turn the concepts into narrative. Then I'll have it up. Probably tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Okay, so a few things to note;

We're up to July 9th after we get done with the posts in this little riot and so forth.

Yes, they fired lethal rounds at the Emergents.

Yes, the Emergents fought back with a bewildering array of abilities that the subconscious employed in a time of need.

Yes, there's a huge cordon of fighting positions around the camp, complete with artillery, tanks, and all that noise.

There's also a shitload of protestors...all over the place and there's a lot of brawling. The psychic energy is thick, and it seems to be making people angrier, meaner and more aggressive. Yes, it sort of started with the prison uprising, but it hasn't gone away...and for anyone outside, they can feel it too. Heck, the normal humans can feel it, if they're perceptive enough to realize what's going on.

God knows what's going on inside the camp, right? Smile That's for you guys to write about.

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:16 am

So are we timeskipping then to the next day, or did you not have any specific plan for that? Sorry, I'm just having a hard time remembering what day we were on/are on- the 9th would be the next day, right? I wonder if a posted timeline on the first page of the OOC would help to keep everything updated, and also help so that anyone wanting to join the RP now has a vague idea of what's already come to pass? Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:16 am

vitamin_kitten wrote:So are we timeskipping then to the next day, or did you not have any specific plan for that? Sorry, I'm just having a hard time remembering what day we were on/are on- the 9th would be the next day, right? I wonder if a posted timeline on the first page of the OOC would help to keep everything updated, and also help so that anyone wanting to join the RP now has a vague idea of what's already come to pass? Nod

No specific plan. I just want people to bear in mind that we're trying to move to the next day soon, and should set it up so their next posts gets one there.

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Ooh, okay, that makes sense. Okay, cool; I'll do that. Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Okay, once I get my next post out later this weekend, I sort of intend to get it all over to the next day or so.

The prison camp thing will be over soon, as you can see. It's already spiraling out of control. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:10 pm

Wave Hello there!

Igraine mentioned this to me a little while ago, but I had been too busy to really look at it until recently... and I was wondering if you might have room for an emergent-neutral/sympathetic human? I haven't read the entire thread yet (most of the first page and pretty much all of the last... yeah, skipping around >< ) but can and will.

Anyway, here's my guy's Character sheet for your review/etc. If you like it, perhaps we can work out some way for him to join up with the others? Or... *shrug* whatever you feel is best.

~~~~

Name: Peter 'Gabe' Markson

Human: Yes

Appearance: Though mostly seen sitting, crouching, or slightly stooped over, when he stands up to his full height Peter just breaks 6'4". He is thin, but well-toned, with arms that seem just a little too long for his body. He has slightly curly, dark brown hair that falls to his shoulders and frequently over his eyes. He also bears the scraggly beginnings of a beard and mustache, apparently able to keep himself bathed and clean, but unable to find a razor...

When out in public, Peter usually wears a pair of jeans belted at his waist, a long-sleeved shirt, and a worn leather jacket that is a bit long for his torso, but a bit short for his arms. He prefers to be barefoot, but when he does decide to wear shoes, he usually goes for a pair of brown, double-strapped sandals, that he leaves unbuckled.
He carries very little with him at any given time, aside from what he at that point deems to be 'necessary'. However, he always carries a pair of flip-folding knives clipped to the inside of his front pockets, his jacket falling just low enough to conceal them from view.

Bio: Ever since Peter was young, he was fascinated by two things: The body and the mind. His father used to joke that one had to walk by and remind Peter to breathe while he read -so engrossed was he in his books- and he found out very quickly that both his height and body 'portions' were well suited for climbing, and surprising his peers during matches in the various martial arts schools he attended.

If you asked him now, where his home was, or where it had been, he would simply point at the earth below him. Ever since he could remember, his family had been on the move, his father and uncle always chasing after some job offer or another. Never staying in any one place for longer than two years at a time, Peter and his older brother Paul were homeschooled by their parents and uncle, as well as attended a multitude of different martial arts schools. Multiple forms of Karate, some Tae Kwan Do, even Mui Thai at one point, both kids continuing to train with both the old and new even after they had moved yet again.

It was Peter's idea to add weapons to the mix, first training with the traditional Sai, then adapting what he had learned for use with knives. A practical idea, he thought, but one that his father vehemently opposed. A man of many sure and unwavering opinions, Peter's father felt that one should fight with their body and body alone, that using anything else was cowardly and weak. It became the topic of many heated arguments when Peter first came up with the idea at fifteen, abating only a year later, when then eighteen-year-old Paul voluntarily joined the Armed forces.

It was the beginning of the end for the Markson family. Peter's mother grew sick with cancer, her role as the religious and stable foundation of the family crumbling as her conditioned worsened each day. Peter's father and Uncle brought her to a hospital in Boston, finally securing steady jobs in the city as chef and host for an old friend's restaurant.

Peter, however, now that he was finally eighteen, was not content to stay in one place.With money he had saved (and some he 'borrowed' from his Father and Uncle), he bought a used motorcycle and left, opting to live 'the best way he knew how', and setting out across the country.

For the past five years, Peter -or 'Gabe', as he has introduced himself to everyone- has done just that. Working as a cook, laborer, park ranger, whatever he could do to get money in his pocket and food in his mouth, while still practicing martial arts and striving to learn as much as he could about whatever he could.

He was working in Las Vegas as a bouncer when the first 'outbreak' of strange sights and strange people with strange powers occured. The news immediately grabbed his attention, as something new that he had to learn more about. Now, as he draws closer to the end of his contract, he devides his time between work and following the stories of these 'Emergents'
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:14 pm

I don't see a problem with the character, though I think we need to very carefully think through the game plan for his involvement. But he sounds like an Emergent sympathizer, and Emergents probably need all the friends they can get on the outside right now.

Approved. We'll work on how to get him involved as well as characters like Hipa, who are regrettably on the outside of the travails of Nellis AFB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Alrighty then, sounds good!

The news casts gave me an idea for getting Peter out of las Vegas, at least, and moving in the general direction of the detainment facility... and then we can work things out from there? Or.. yeah. I'm open to pretty much anything, and yeah, he probably would want to help the Emergents any way he could.

*/goes to work on post*
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:38 pm

Deadman - D17 wrote:Alrighty then, sounds good!

The news casts gave me an idea for getting Peter out of las Vegas, at least, and moving in the general direction of the detainment facility... and then we can work things out from there? Or.. yeah. I'm open to pretty much anything, and yeah, he probably would want to help the Emergents any way he could.

*/goes to work on post*

Right now, the military has that detention facility cordoned off and combat forces in the area. Civilians are probably not getting in. On the other hand, there are a lot of protesters and so forth gathering to make things difficult. Counterprotesters, too, the really unpleasant kind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Heyseuss wrote: Right now, the military has that detention facility cordoned off and combat forces in the area. Civilians are probably not getting in. On the other hand, there are a lot of protesters and so forth gathering to make things difficult. Counterprotesters, too, the really unpleasant kind.

Okay then, so a lot of security, and I'm guessing a good deal of confusion and tension as well as one gets near the facility? And is it still the day/evening of the breakout? the... 8th? I guess, if/when Peter gets near the facility, he could try to take advantage of any confusion in the area? Or...hm, Buzzwolf isn't on right now, but maybe we could work on Peter and John meeting up some how? *shrugs* Not sure how viable that would be, although, then the two outsiders would be together in trying to get inside Hmm
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Deadman - D17 wrote:
Heyseuss wrote: Right now, the military has that detention facility cordoned off and combat forces in the area. Civilians are probably not getting in. On the other hand, there are a lot of protesters and so forth gathering to make things difficult. Counterprotesters, too, the really unpleasant kind.

Okay then, so a lot of security, and I'm guessing a good deal of confusion and tension as well as one gets near the facility? And is it still the day/evening of the breakout? the... 8th? I guess, if/when Peter gets near the facility, he could try to take advantage of any confusion in the area? Or...hm, Buzzwolf isn't on right now, but maybe we could work on Peter and John meeting up some how? *shrugs* Not sure how viable that would be, although, then the two outsiders would be together in trying to get inside Hmm

I've got something doped out, actually. You might find it interesting. I'll fire off some information once I get the posting done and figured out. I'm bumping Pandora's up to the forefront of priorities so I can get this post out, because I think it will change more than a few things and help push this internment camp scene to a conclusion.

Devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:22 pm

Heyseuss wrote:I've got something doped out, actually. You might find it interesting. I'll fire off some information once I get the posting done and figured out. I'm bumping Pandora's up to the forefront of priorities so I can get this post out, because I think it will change more than a few things and help push this internment camp scene to a conclusion.

Devil

Oh? Alright then. I've got a post pretty much done, so I'll hold on to it and see what happends Smile
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Deadman - D17 wrote:
Heyseuss wrote:I've got something doped out, actually. You might find it interesting. I'll fire off some information once I get the posting done and figured out. I'm bumping Pandora's up to the forefront of priorities so I can get this post out, because I think it will change more than a few things and help push this internment camp scene to a conclusion.

Devil

Oh? Alright then. I've got a post pretty much done, so I'll hold on to it and see what happends Smile

Do me a favor and have him join the protesters, that's the easiest way to do all this. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:55 pm

Heyseuss wrote:
Deadman - D17 wrote:

Devil

Do me a favor and have him join the protesters, that's the easiest way to do all this. Wink

Heheheh, well, alright then, I wasn't going to have him reach the place just yet, but sounds good Smile
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Alrighty, there we go.
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:43 pm

Please forgive the multiposting; there is a limit on how many words/characters can be posted in one post, and I had a lot to put up there.

At any rate, yes, people are emerging into the rec area and into the compound.

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:41 pm

I have to admit, the task of reading through all three posts is a bit daunting. 8D;
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:51 pm

vitamin_kitten wrote:I have to admit, the task of reading through all three posts is a bit daunting. 8D;

Yeah sorry. Big post, major events, so on and so forth. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:29 am

Right right, I understand. I'll work on reading through them tonight. XD
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Seuss, I've been trying to put this off in an attempt to see if I could get back into things, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out of this roleplay. ): I thought I'd be okay after band camp was over, but it's only day two and I'm already swamped with school work. And this is all before my organizations and 'job' start up. I'd rather step out before my characters get involved again.

I really did enjoy this roleplay while I was active in it, and I'll definitely still read to see how it goes. Keep up the amazing work, everyone.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Okay. Hate to see more people leave, but I also understand that's the nature of the game. If you decide, later, to come back in, feel free.

Until then, yeah, we're still recruiting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:30 pm

I'll join if I can. But as questioned before, can I be a creature?
I want to make a dragon, for whatever story it might create.
But granted that I'm allowed, should I make an evil Dragon or a 'good' Dragon? As an evil Dragon, he could be a potentially large villain, but if it does not fit with your plans, I have just as many ideas for a good Dragon, who's only sad and confused about what he has become.
Both instances will start with him being held prisoner under strict protecting and restraints during the riot.
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Fluesopp wrote:I'll join if I can. But as questioned before, can I be a creature?
I want to make a dragon, for whatever story it might create.
But granted that I'm allowed, should I make an evil Dragon or a 'good' Dragon? As an evil Dragon, he could be a potentially large villain, but if it does not fit with your plans, I have just as many ideas for a good Dragon, who's only sad and confused about what he has become.
Both instances will start with him being held prisoner under strict protecting and restraints during the riot.

The thing is, there's a specific reason why magical creatures haven't appeared yet. So this character really isn't doable right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:30 pm

Hm... Not even as a dormant power... thing? To wake later up? What is the reason why magical creatures haven't appeared yet?
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Fluesopp wrote:Hm... Not even as a dormant power... thing? To wake later up? What is the reason why magical creatures haven't appeared yet?

I can't go into that because I'm trying to keep the setting going stale by revealing all mysteries. I understand that it's a collaborative effort, but I'm also trying to steer things a certain way, and I don't want to ruin things by getting ahead of ourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Ok. But is there a chance I can be a dragon later then?
/nagging

Perhaps I'll make another character then. What are we limited to, or how far can we go?
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:51 am

Fluesopp wrote:Ok. But is there a chance I can be a dragon later then?
/nagging

Perhaps I'll make another character then. What are we limited to, or how far can we go?

I just don't know about the dragon thing. I mean, I never really set any limitations because it's not about character power or going far, it's about how a person copes with the world turning upside down and adapts to it. There are people who are playing straight up normal humans and are doing just fine because the powers of individuals has little to do with the main point, which is how human nature and modern society reacts to the introduction of something that turns so much on its head.

It's late, and I've been working at churning out a long post, so unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'm coherent, but I'll try to shorten that into a tl;dr version.

I don't have any real restrictions on powers, just a suggestion that one focus on the character's reaction to the events and setting and how they deal with the changes.

Some of us have decided to play characters who also have to deal with the physical/mental/emotional changes because they themselves are finding themselves 'different.'

I'm trying to leave it up to people's good taste, but I can't promise that I won't say no to certain things or turn down things. But for me, it's very hard to articulate the character minimums and maximums, because this setting isn't about that stuff. Heck, it's not even about good and evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next