FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

+12
Kaitlyn Wild
Buzzwulf
Kædai
[Soma]
Haar
Twoface_ecafowT
Kesteven
Igraine
Lara
ShadowPhoenix0307
vitamin_kitten
Ehoron
16 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting) - Page 9 Empty Re: Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:52 am

Incidentally, I'm sorry about the post lag on this time around, guys.

I had a lot of unusual distractions that usually don't crop up, and I am totally sorry about that.

Back to top Go down

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting) - Page 9 Empty Re: Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:11 pm

It was observed to me that things go more smoothly if the players communicate a bit before posting and that this is going on and I'm the fat kid picked last... Smile

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that my AIM is in my profile and so forth, and that it's there because if people want to interact with my PC OR one of the setting characters, I am totally amenable. If you have questions about things, that's a fast way to get to me.

That is, if you want. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:18 am

Alright, time to check in. Whose still with us?

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:36 am

i ish heer! Wave
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:40 am

I'm still here... will be trying to get something up today.
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:58 pm

Eh... Writing might be delayed... Sick feeling a little sick at the moment...
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Deadman - D17 wrote:Eh... Writing might be delayed... Sick feeling a little sick at the moment...

No problem. If you're living in the dorms, it's easy to see how you got ill. Those places breed illness, especially the Freshmen dorms.

That said, I totally am not trying to be a slave driving bastard. If you need a little time before posting, it's all good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:17 am

Okay, at the end of this weekend (Sunday) I am going to start pushing this one forward again -- I realize people must be getting tired of the prison thing, but I swear there's a climax to all this, there's a purpose. We've had a lot of people kind of drop off, and we're about to lose another person to an inevitable move, but that being said, I'm going to keep pushing forward on my end.

Oh, and the books are still open for new characters...except I may just close this RP with the end of the jail thing and open another chapter in a new thread, because we're so low on players and some people are uncomfortable with the prospect of joining an RP nearly 90 posts in. I haven't decided yet. But what I do know is that we had a lot of people join up and they've dropped off. Maybe it's my fault, and I was vague, or maybe it's just how these things work. I'm more used to writing in plot stuff and moving things forward on my lonesome than depending on character interaction...well, go figure.

It feels like it may be necessary to start another thread, and whoever's left can bring their characters into this. So much has been built on the prison camp thing (which, nonetheless, is an interesting sort of lead-in to other things) that it seems a clean break is needed. And, of course, more fresh faces.

Thoughts? I have ideas for plot stuff, but if you have ideas for what you see your characters doing, you should probably state them so I can figure stuff up along that line. One of the things I intend to do with the next step, be it a new thread or a continuation along this thread, is to open things up quite a bit. I'll still be controlling large-scale events, but that's because someone has to set the table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Glad to hear you haven't given up on this, I for one think it's been interesting so far and would like to continue. What do you mean by 'open things up'?
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

http://www.dissoluteproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Kesteven wrote:Glad to hear you haven't given up on this, I for one think it's been interesting so far and would like to continue. What do you mean by 'open things up'?

Once the prison camp thing ends, things will be a little freer characterwise -- I mean letting people kind of start devising their plots a bit, especially those who have been with this for a while and have a feel for how the events unfolded and so forth.

It'll be a little clearer once the camp part ends, I suppose. Then hopefully there will be more room for a lot of improvisation. For example, people can bring more of their own NPC's into this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 am

Actually, here's an added thing...

Kesteven wrote:Glad to hear you haven't given up on this, I for one think it's been interesting so far and would like to continue. What do you mean by 'open things up'?

If people want, I'm also willing to let people run 1v1's and other threads using what we've set up here -- a lot of players kinda bailed on us because they didn't feel comfortable with issues of pace or length of setting, a few others bowed out without saying so, but I think they had other ideas than what has happened here for their characters.

So yeah, if people just wanna use this material and spin off from it with their own threads, go for it. Of course, I'll probably close this thread and then start another one as a sequel to it, once we reach the conclusion for the events.

Initially, I imagined moving from setting to setting a little more quickly, but I suppose we got caught up with things centering around the camp and I underestimated the depth we went into. So instead of bucking that, I'm gonna roll with it.

I suppose, in the end, that's how I want to open things up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Since my moving date got pushed back two weeks, I should be able to finish up this "chapter," but I won't sign on my werewolves for the next chapter, until after I get a solid internet connection and can commit fully, maybe as late as mid/end of November or so.

I'll just say, though, that character interaction is very, very important to good RP. I can write my own stories any time I want to, and am perfectly content to do so. But I write for RPs because I look to share my characters with others, and have them do the same - building up interest and depth to them as we go. Just my thoughts on the matter. Very Happy
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:41 am

Alright, as threatened promised, I intend to push forward on this.

As to the rest, we'll see what happens. I do sort of want to start a different chapter of all this in a different thread, personally. If only to grab players that may have felt like we were too far along for things. I'll probably edit the title to reflect that it was the Nellis Uprising chapter, since it turned out (not by plan) that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:45 am

I'm still intent on getting that post out, I've just been really under the weather the last few days, so it's been hard to do my normal stuff, much less creatively write. I should be able to get something going in the next day or so. I know what I want to write, I just was worried that I'd be writing crap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9