FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

+12
Kaitlyn Wild
Buzzwulf
Kædai
[Soma]
Haar
Twoface_ecafowT
Kesteven
Igraine
Lara
ShadowPhoenix0307
vitamin_kitten
Ehoron
16 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting) - Page 5 Empty Re: Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

Post by Kesteven Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:52 am

I guess it's not really tv-style, the idea just brought that to my mind for some reason. I just meant cutting away from a scene with unfinished conversations and so on after something vaguely dramatic has been said, instead of continuing on until everyone leaves to do something else, which is how it's mostly been in RPs I've played.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

http://www.dissoluteproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting) - Page 5 Empty Re: Pandora's Inheritance OOC - Modern Fantasy RPG (Recruiting)

Post by Lara Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:08 pm

Ooh. Yeah, I have no problem with abrupt endings, especially in this case. Haha, it'll probably be more effective than if one or both of them continued standing there awkwardly, anyway.

Walah! Not the greatest, but it'll do in order to wrap this up within the next post or so. All good?
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:14 pm

I can't think of anything for my character to do here, except try and reunite Abby with her mother, and I don't think I could stretch that out to a proper post. You may as well just go ahead and have Rebekah take Abby back herself.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:16 pm

Alright, no problem. I don't have time to do that right now, but for all intensive purposes pretend I did (I'll edit it in when I get the chance, be that later or Sunday).

Note to self.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:17 am

I left off at the point of action because I have no idea how Rachel would respond, even if I have an idea of what Shaw will do. Up to you how you want to handle it, I just felt that it was natural to cut it a little shorter than I usually write a post to account for action.

Also, I have no set plan, but I left it open-ended so that greater chaos may well ensue. Wink

Other people, if you want to identify the ruckus outside the supply shack and have characters get involved, feel free. Hell, maybe they heard some of the conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:23 am

>< It looks like I came on, and then missed you by a minute or so, Heyseuss. I do have a question about the scene, so I'll wait to catch you on AIM, or on here, when you have a moment.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:29 pm

>.> <.< Trying to post around children is... exhausting... XD Rachel's transformation is not completed yet, but I decided to just leave it there, in case anyone else wanted to jump in, or otherwise "come play."
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:01 am

Cool beans. I will have a description of the camp's particulars, such as layout and so forth, written here soon, and then I will work the next post up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:45 am

Nellis AFB is in the middle of the Nevada desert, that means that the primary means of containing the emergents is not merely the walls of the compound they inhabit, but the surrounding ecosystem, which is hot, dry, and harsh to say the least.

The camp itself is composed of the following elements;

External concrete barriers, much like what you see in the Baghdad Green Zone; these are big, wide concrete wedges that can be stacked together to form a wall, but are still movable by heavy lifting machinery. The idea behind this is to be able to expand the camp as necessary.

Buildings for the detainees tend to be along the lines of quonset huts with swamp coolers and so forth, as well as shower facilities that are communal. The living arrangements are a squad bay, which means something along the lines of thirty people in bunks to a hut. The huts are sex-segregated, which means family members are separated in callous fashion

There are pathways in the sand made from wooden pallet bottoms to create a sort of 'boardwalk' along the sand itself. Temporary road gets laid using perforated steel plates and other ways of creating a surface for trucks and buses to gain traction, which is necessary as the food for Emergents is shipped in this way; it is prepackaged crap, but not MRE's, because an MRE has materials that could be used to aid an escapee in a survival situation, and no one wants the food stockpiled up. The bags could also be used to transport water, which is another bad deal.

There are guard towers, but they are the same deal as the barriers; movable with heavy lifting equipment.

The camp is powered with generators and the plumbing is crude at best; shower water is provided via a makeshift hose system, and toilets are military-style field latrines, with barrels underneath to collect the fertilizer. The showers are camp-showers. All this means that you're going to wait in line for a while to get a shower.

It is far from a pleasant existence, and the place is fairly crowded; new Emergents are getting shipped in by the day. There is almost no communication with the outside, as cell phones and other communication devices are confiscated. There is little to do.

Last edited by Heyseuss on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Thank you so much for this description- I was beginning to wonder how I should describe what Audra first sees as she's coming in to the camp- now I know. XD
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm back~.

Working on catching myself up on this (and editing my last post, still) but I'm awful tired, so it might not happen 'till tomorrow.

Seuss, I read your description there. Very nice, and helpful.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:36 am

Oh, for ease of plotting, female characters are in the same hut, males in the same hut. Happy times.

For plot purposes, these two huts are next door to each other.

"Howdely-doo, neighborino!" - Ned Flanders, high priest of Satan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:35 am

Hey, I've been reading up on this, and if it's still open to join, I'd love to jump in. Already got a character all drafted up and everything.

I'm just wondering: does everyone need to be coming to this same Nevada facility? I've been reading for a while and I think I have some interesting ideas, but not all f them make a whole lot of sense for the middle of the desert.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:35 am

We're still recruiting and yeah, I want to start everyone off in the Nevada facility. I'd hate to give things away by saying it won't be the permanent setting, if such a thing comes to pass, but rather the genesis of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:25 am

If you don't mind my asking, what sort of ideas are they? I have a few ideas going on about what I could do with my character that involve him being somewhere else, but so far I've been able to fit them before and after the imprisonment and just allude to them when actual expression is impossible.

Incidentally, I'd like to say that I'm pretty excited about where this is all going. It really feels like we're starting to get things underway now and at least compared to what I'm used to, the quality so far has been very high. I can't wait to see what everyone does next.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:00 am

Uh, let's just say that politics are in play.

I think things will become more apparent when I get the next post rolling, probably sometime today. It's something of a crucial post to help clear things up. I think we can really discuss things once that goes up, because then people can decide how they want to get involved in the larger events as they build momentum.

I know that's vague, but I'm trying to keep some of the suspense going here. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:10 pm

Alright, I think I got something for ya.

Name: John Hipa
Hometown: Fort Mohave Indian Reservation

Appearance: John is short and thin, with the dusky skin and the dark sense of humor that many of his fellow Mohaves share. He has tattoos all up his left arm and down his back in a tribal pattern, and generally wears his hair long and in a braid. He’s not as rebellious as some of his friends, and refuses piercings and additional tattoos. He looks very weathered and seems to have a sort of grace to his movements in the outdoors, and is much more at home than most outdoors. He wears a normal t-shirt and jeans, but walks barefoot without exception, and his feet are calloused and rough. Underneath his normally tan shirt, he has a massive scar in the middle of his chest, where he was once attacked by coyotes.

Normal Human: no

Bio : John and his older brother Graham were raised by their single father in the old traditions of the Mohave, and that meant learning that the desert was just as alive as the boys themselves. Even in their early years, they learned how to hunt the food and water that they needed even in the greatest depths of the desert, and how to defend themselves with only their hands and maybe a rock, if they were lucky. Under this harsh tutelage, they chafed rapidly, going out sometimes for days on end without telling their father where they were.

Everyone in fort Mohave knew who they were, as they ran without any need for anyone but each other, occasionally stopping at a neighbor’s house on the reservation for a meal or to clean the dust from themselves. They played with anything that they could get their hands on, from an old pie tin to rifles, and ran away when the real owner showed up. More often than not, this would get this beaten by their father when he finally caught up to them, but it never really deterred them.

Until Graham was hit by a car.

The driver of the Ford was drunk, and trespassing without a license, so he was never caught. All that John knew was that his brother, and best friend, had been slammed by a ton of moving metal, and was bleeding everywhere. He dragged his brother the mile and a half back to their house, where their father quickly put them into his truck and drove them to the nearest medical facility in Needles, California. By the time the family arrived, Graham had already bled to death.

This was the start of a dark time for John. He began elementary school the next year, and undeterred by his late start, he quickly excelled at school work, effortlessly becoming the top of the class when it came to both grades and physical achievement. He played every sport, beat every challenge, and finished every assignment flawlessly. His father, however, was not proud. Since the death of Graham, he’d begun drinking more, and no matter what John did, his father never seemed to take notice.

Upon coming into high school, John lost his interest in school. He still received stellar grades, but for the first time, they began slipping, and John found himself not caring. His friends, thinking they knew what he was going through, pushed him to try everything that high school students generally go through. He smoked, he drank, he even got tattoos, but nothing seemed to really fill the place that he’d lost with his brother.

Then John began to have dreams. Horrible dreams, full of screams and rain that burned like fire, but his brother was in them too, and John began to feel a sense of urgency. Something was hunting him in his dreams, always just around the wall or the bend in the river, and he had barely managed to stay one step ahead of it. Scared and lonely, he returned to his father, who was once again drunk. Drunk or not, though, John’s father told him of the secrets of his ancestors, and told John if he wanted the dreams to stop, he would have to undertake the sacred vision quest into the Mohave. Upon waking, his father remembered nothing of this statement, and forbade him to go.

John stole his father’s rifle, a waterskin, and some smoked meat, and started off into the empty vastness of the Mohave to save his brother.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:10 pm

About that last part...

Yes, the meeting happened on the 5th, which is why the Alphas got released; in expectation of a tour by reporters and the need to create a pretty picture.

vitamin_kitten's protest fracas bumped those plans forward. My next post will detail the actual preparation for and arrival of the VIP's and so forth.

There is a plan at work here, I assure you. The camp stuff will soon end, and hopefully before the camp gets stale. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:12 pm

buzzwulf wrote:Alright, I think I got something for ya.

Okay, it's good to go. I'll trust you to figure out how and when you care to interact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:08 pm

My post will be incoming soon, been hella busy with work lately.
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Alright, This is my first RP in a while, so I'd love to get some feedback if at all possible. I haven't done this for over six months, so I'm looking for whatever kind of feedback, constructive, nonconstructive, just plain yelling, whatever. Also, my U key keeps falling off, some if something gets misspelled, that's probably why.

First post in a new RP! I feel so giddy!
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:05 pm

I enjoyed that, buzz. That may be my bias at being part native american, but it was a fine read. Good flow, nice vocabulary, detailed, and good grammar/spelling; everything I'd ask for. Well done!
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Yeah, I had to do a lot of research to even make it half-believable, and even then I'm taking liberties.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn Wild Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:42 am

Name: Eva Gonzales
Hometown: Born in Bangor, Maine but lived in New York City since college.
Appearance: Eva's parents are Puerto Rican immigrants. She is 5'6 and, while slender, has quite ample curves. Her hair is straight, black silken tresses that she wears in soft layers to the bottom of her shoulder blades with bangs framing her brow bone and her warm brown eyes and full lashes. She has a beauty mark below the right corner of her mouth. Her skin is quite tan and well taken care of besides the tattoo on her inner thigh as a result of a spring break spent drinking. Now that she is on TV she has become a workout addict to try to slim her curves for the harsh lens of the cameras.
Normal Human (Y/N): Yes
Bio: Eva lived a quiet life in Maine with a family that seemed pulled right out of the 50's. Her parents had immigrated to America while Eva's mother was still pregnant with her. They wanted to make sure that their daughter had a better life than they could provide in San Juan. However Eva has a wild side that Bangor did not satisfy. She attended NYU majoring in broadcast journalism, interning at Turner Broadcasting System's Time Warner Building at CNN. As always she created quite a stir and impression and managed to land a job there upon graduation. Eva keeps her eyes on the prize and wants the seat behind the desk.

However Eva is not purely a work minded girl. She likes her fun and is part of the elite club scene in New York. She has never been married because her work is the only thing that she takes seriously, everything else is just good fun for her. She has many close friends but no one ever feels that they really understand what makes her tick. But Eva certainly seems to know and works hard to get it.

Working her way up through the ranks Eva was finally given a few chances as a field correspondent. She worked a lot in 2008 on the campaign trail and managed to ruffle many feathers asking rather pointed questions for just a rookie. She goes for the throat and does not let anyone stand in her way. Eva also does not have qualms about breaking the law if it gets her a good story. Since the Emergents came into the news she has been up her newscast directors ass about covering one of these stories on scene, but there has been major resistance.
Kaitlyn Wild
Kaitlyn Wild
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn Wild Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:48 am

Hello all!
I believe most of you have already greeted me in the New Arrivals section. Which means you already know, I'm brand new here. This is my first RP on FOG and I'm really looking forward to it. I hope that I don't, but if I happen to fall short of your standards please let me know. I don't bite...much. lol But seriously, I'm excited to get started and I will be putting my first post up tomorrow.
Kaitlyn Wild
Kaitlyn Wild
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:49 am

Heyseuss wrote:vitamin_kitten's protest fracas bumped those plans forward. My next post will detail the actual preparation for and arrival of the VIP's and so forth.

Sorry if I messed up your plans at all. ^^;; Didn't mean to do that- I was just trying to figure out a way to get my character into the camp. : x
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:53 am

vitamin_kitten wrote:
Heyseuss wrote:vitamin_kitten's protest fracas bumped those plans forward. My next post will detail the actual preparation for and arrival of the VIP's and so forth.

Sorry if I messed up your plans at all. ^^;; Didn't mean to do that- I was just trying to figure out a way to get my character into the camp. : x

No, not at all. I meant that I played off what you came up with because it made a lot of sense to work it that way.

Not a criticism at all. I was happy to have an excuse to spin things up in this direction. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:54 am

Oh, okay, yay. Very Happy
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn Wild Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:30 am

Alright, first post from Mwah is up. I did make an assumption here that I hope you dont mind HeySeuss. I imagined that since DHS was in a corner from government pressure that if they were forced to give a tour of Nellis that instead of giving reporters more time to prep and did around questioning people and gathering information to put them in a tight spot- that they would error on the side of sooner rather than later so to rush the reporters just to make it there, if at all, and try to work on the pretense of 'we have nothing to hide'. I hope that was okay.
Kaitlyn Wild
Kaitlyn Wild
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:53 am

Hey guys. I took a day off posting entirely, so I'm making up for it by reading the new posts (nice work as always) and updating the front of page (John and Eva are now up on the front menu, so people can reference the bios) and considering where to take things now that I've had a day of NOT thinking about it and find my batteries freshly charged.

Big information here:

The psychic landscape of Nellis AFB, a concentration of so many Emergents and their energies, is so supercharged that normal people are having sleeping problems and odd dreams. That ain't nothing, however, compared to what the emergents are doing in their dreams.

Go wild with it, but it should reflect that the spirit world is intruding a bit on the dreams of people and so it's not quite all a dream.

Also, due to the lack of much in the way of anything to do, a lot of Emergents are probably 'practicing.' Bored and disenfranchised, what else are they gonna do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next