FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED

+3
Ehoron
Gunneh
Kathryn Lacey
7 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED - Page 7 Empty Re: Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:34 am

You think every roleplay seriously needs my character. I see your womanly trap before you can set it!

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED - Page 7 Empty Re: Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus - OoC - CLOSED

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:37 am

hahah There is no trap. I'm pretty sure everyone else here would agree with me that Zuko is a necessity to this role play, and I don't know about them, but you're the best Zuko I've ever seen.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:43 am

For the record, I'm Kataang all the way [Even if the folks at Nickolodean can't spell "Inappropriate age encounter" at all]. -dodges various attacks at him-

However, I must agree with Kathryn on one point. Zuko is the focal point of this RP. Without him [at least in these beginning stages], we have no RP.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:56 am

I didn't say that it'd be Zuko, or in this rp, even. That'd be too easy. Instead, I'm going to wait until the perfect moment, and have the most tragic terrible death for that character ever.

Also:

Kataang? .... ew.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:07 am

Good.

Also, I agree with Misery. Ew @ Kataang.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:34 am

It seemed like Aang was always really digging Katara, even from the moment she and Sokka freed him from the ice, but Katara is too mature and...motherly for Aang, I think. I really did love the possibility of Zuko and Katara.

Anyway. You guys will never believe what happened. I think that my thinking up that spider for this role-play was some sort of omen. XD

Last night, baby spider after baby spider crawled across our ceiling right over our bed. I tried to keep track of how many Tony was killing, and in the end, it was around 10. *shudders* It was past when we wanted to go to bed, but we got up and sprayed our entire bedroom (on the floors, obviously, not in the air) with bug spray and cleaned out a lamp where it looked like some of the spiders were coming from. There just were so many babies! That means that an egg sac hatched somewhere around here, and that adult spiders aren't probably too far away either. It makes me so nervous. I don't ever want to get bit. I really do have a fear of spiders. Fear I hope we somehow managed to kill them all with the spray... It was hard to fall asleep, knowing that spiders had crawled across the ceiling right above our pillows.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:51 am

If it's any consolation fate, if charlotte's web is any indication then the adult spiders who made that sac might have died of natural causes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:58 am

Lol oooh, you're right! XD Die, Charlotte, you creepy thing, you.

(It's weird though, because at the same time, I have a fascination with spiders... I really loved playing one for Monster Play in LOTRO lol and I loved Eight Legged Freaks for some reason.)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:13 am

ELF had HUMOR in it.

"What the well was that?"

"... Spider, man."

I don't like ages in most anime. We see characters that are suppose to be like late pre-teens, early teens, yet they have physical and mental attributes of someone in their late teens. For this reason, I mentally added two years to every character in the Series.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 pm

That would still make Aang younger than Katara, but this isn't anime. It's an American animated series, and that makes it different, even if the animation occurred in Korea. However, I really think that the characters did act their ages in the beginning, and they were forced to mature throughout the series because of their goal. However, they still had their child-like humor and actions on occasion, even with their growing maturity levels.

Ugh... Fate, I totally feel for you. I hate spiders.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Ehoron wrote:I don't like ages in most anime. We see characters that are suppose to be like late pre-teens, early teens, yet they have physical and mental attributes of someone in their late teens. For this reason, I mentally added two years to every character in the Series.

You must not have watched "Dawson's Creek" back in the day. Try early teenagers who look and act like they're in their late twenties. *LOL* And that was a TV show with live actors/actresses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:55 am

-shrugs- Yeah... No.

I'm not a fan of most little soap operas, in likeness or actual.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:42 am

If you really look at the way TV series go, few AREN'T soap operas, Ehoron. That's why I stopped watching TV. The writers make decisions to try to extend the series out as long as possible rather than actually writing the characters as they're originally intended. No line isn't crossed in order to get more ratings, etc, etc, and so forth.

There's honestly only a handful of TV series I can watch, because of that reason.

Still, if the soap is good enough, I'll watch it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:56 am

That's why I loved BSG. It was a great show, they could have gone on beyond 4 seasons, but they had followed the path to the logical end and left it at that.

Not too happy about the Caprica decision, but meh.

By and large though, I don't watch T.V any more. A few shows here and there, but I stopped watching it a few years ago.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:52 am

Uh.... This might sound like a stupid question but;

Where'd Misery go?
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:08 am

He quit. I'm proposing a plan.

If someone wants to take the spot of Zuko ((please make sure you can actually pull it off)), we can see who wants what positions that are left. I'm still going to play as Nizhoni, but I may need to rethink a portion of her character.

I figure, if we restart it, we can start it with more characters in the Blue Spirit Clan than just Nizhoni, Wing, and Zuko. We could have Jianyu and the others involved. We can still have six people, so I can tell Magix he can come join.

The other options are coming up with an entirely different story or just not having an Avatar role play, period.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:20 am

It'd be a bit odd to just take it up after the plot that was made up by him and the way he played Zuko.

I would propose making a new plot and whatnot.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Seconded. I'd feel like I was stealing his work.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:09 pm

I said it before and I'll say it again; the plot was very Zuko-hinged. With Misery gone, the plot would have to be completely redone to the point we might as well come up with our own plot.

Any ideas as to why he quit?
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:54 pm

I know why he quit, but it's not important.

Will someone lock the original In Character thread?

We'll come up with a new idea, and we'll make a new one when we discover our own idea. I don't think it will have to be something entirely different if we can't come up with anything. After all, it was originally Gunneh's idea that we have Ozai start a following. Misery just built off of that. When I see him online next, I can always ask him if it's all right to use portions of his idea if we have to do that.

However, it's still possible to come up with something entirely different altogether. Anyone have any ideas?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:58 pm

What if we involve foreigners?
I know Avatar is an asian based show. But, what if we had an England-esque land with more sophisticated technology try to capture the land? And Ozai, no longer able to fire bend, has joined forces with them in hopes of one upping the Avatar.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Well, that would throw off the idea of the world. I mean, there are four nations because there are four bending styles, and I'm pretty sure those in the spirit world would know about the other land, so when the Avatar communicates with her/his past lives... they wouldn't be clueless. I know the show was more Asian based, but there were other types of people. I mean... most of it was Chinese in appearance, but there were Native American-esque people, one Indian guy, and there was even a guy with a Russian accent...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Well they only show a small part of the world from the size of the map.

I mean, how long did each country go on thinking it was the only one?
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:14 pm

The big problem is we've got a sense of scale with the map. We've got two poles.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:15 pm

That map shows the entire world. It's just like if you show all of the countries in our world on a piece of paper. Just because it's flat, doesn't mean the world it. Also, it's meant to be a smaller world. The four nations keep the world balanced. The entire show was about balance. It's not like with the Mayans where there was just one country, and suddenly strange whities showed up and killed them all.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:17 pm

How are we even going to do this now? I mean, hell, Zuko is gone. There goes fire bending and cannon. I'm thinking maybe we should just let the roleplay die. >>
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:29 pm

The point of discussing a new approach is how we're going to figure out how to get an Avatar game going. It doesn't have to be the same as it was before. This was inviting change to the mix.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:34 pm

There are some fundamental questions that need asking;

Do we want Canon characters, or only OC for main cast?
Do we want the Avatar alive or dead?
Do we want an Anti-Avatar?
Do we want the setting before Aang came back, during his return, or after the war?
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:47 pm

1. I want only OC characters with the minor possibility of canon NPC's.

2. Both. Gunneh and I are discussing this, and we think it could be interesting to have Aang and the rest of the gaang dead, but have him killed out of the Avatar state, so there's a new Avatar.

3. There doesn't necessarily have to be an anti-Avatar. The opposing force could be looking to turn the Avatar to their own devices.

4. With the idea Gunneh has inserted into my head, this would definitely be after the war is over.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:00 am

I was always interested in the idea of an Avatar opposite, since balance is such a major theme of the show.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next