FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Dawn OOC (Closed)

+3
Digital Muse
Guilty Carrion
quakernuts
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Black Dawn OOC (Closed) Empty Black Dawn OOC (Closed)

Post by quakernuts Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:44 pm

State of the Galaxy

Hmmm, you look like you're new to these parts. How can I guess? Because nobody walks in here without being hunted down or a criminal. I don't know which one you are, but maybe you need a little information on how things run around here. You got your Kira, the muscle bound morons capable of ripping you limb from limb, but will be stumped when asked to add 2 plus 2. You have your Nuro'Tai, people around here call them Ticks because that's exactly what they look like. Arrogant little bastards with little bodies and big minds. Don't worry, they're harmless enough. You also got your Boros, the peaceful diplomatic bitches of the universe. Real people aliens them things are. I'm still missing one though, and these are the ones you really have to watch out for. They're in control as of...well, forever. You fuck with them, and they will make your life a living hell. Maybe you know who I'm talking about. The ones we went to war with for four years, and lost so badly that our home planet got destroyed in the process. Been nine years since the end of the fighting, and they're still arrogant assholes.

The Aradar, you know them as the aliens in tin suits and the death of billions of humans, yeah they're in control. That ain't new though, they've been in control for as long as anyone can remember. They have the most advanced technology, the most disciplined army, and numbers far outweighing anything else out there. Hell, to them, everyone else out here might as well be what our cavemen were to us. Nothing but savages, to be guided or used as they see fit. You may not like it, but you don't have a choice. To mess with the Aradar is to bring the entire galaxy to hunting you down. They own space as we know it, so keep your head down and do as you're told.

Now, while they control the galaxy's largest fleet and standing military, it doesn't mean that everything is butterflies and rainbows. Hell, if anything, crime has risen since they took out Earth. Us humans, seeing no other option, resort to piracy and crime, and that's the better end of the spectrum. The Galactic Defence Force, an opinionated name that translates to 'The Aradar's Attack Dogs' in human tongue, is officially trying to stop it. Unofficially, they're only protecting the core worlds. Don't get me wrong, they'll destroy you if they happen to come across you out in space, but for the most part, if you stay out in the outer rings away from the core worlds of the Aradar, it's pretty easy to get away with everything. Now while most humans have taken to crime, there a few humans who managed to come out of the war relatively unscathed, and even in positions of power, but it's not like they want anything to do with us. They got there just like the humans of old got power, by climbing on the bodies of their enemies. Don't expect them to help you, you can only help yourself.

So, now you're probably asking yourself 'Well what do I do then?'. Well, that's simple. You're on Pax Station at the moment, a floating piece of shit that just happens to be a hub of trading and crime due to it's prime location between systems. I hear there's a man out there, going by the name of Vincent Kestral. Rumour has it he's starting up a mercenary group. That's good pay for you, and since you're most likely down in the shitter at the moment anyways, what do you have to lose? You don't have to be experienced in fighting, maybe gun smithing is your thing. Maybe you enjoy working on vehicles, or maybe you're a smooth talker who can use that silver tongue of yours to get yourself out of trouble. Whichever one, I'm sure he has a position open to someone of your talents.

Just keep in mind here on Pax, humans ain't worth shit around here unless they're packing heat. You make noise, you end up dead. There's no law here, and no one's going to be a good samaritan and come to your rescue. If you manage to make it past day three here, I'd say you're doing well.

Now, get your ugly mug out of my face and find a job. I've told you all I can, the rest is up to you.

Rules:

1) No godmodding, this should be a given, but I might as well put it out there anyways.

2) A minimum of 1 post every two weeks. I will try to contact you if you start getting close to the due date, but there will be no second chance. If I believe you will come back, I will simply puppet your character on with everyone else. If not, I'll kill them off. I know this sounds harsh, but I'm trying to make sure this RP doesn't die right out of the gate like so many out there.

3) You're character is not invincible. If you put them into a situation that I honestly believe they can't win, I will warn you. If you decide to go with it anyways, I have the power to kill your character. Keep that in mind when you decide to send them wading out into a firefight with nothing but a knife and their underwear.

4) Must have the minimum 2 paragraphs as dictated by the casual roleplaying section rules. I will be enforcing this not because I'm a dick (Ok, maybe just a little) but because I believe in bettering ourselves every time we write. If you are having any problems, feel free to hit me up and we'll punch something out.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me here on FoG, hit me up in the chatbox, or contact me through skype. Skype name quakernuts.

Last edited by quakernuts on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:14 am; edited 7 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Black Dawn OOC (Closed) Empty Re: Black Dawn OOC (Closed)

Pax Station

Pax is broken down into several areas grouped into four categories.

The Oracle: The pinnacle of the station run by the ruling Aradar in the region. The rest of the station may be grimy, dirty, and dangerous, but the Oracle is a haven on the station where no other may exist. Only the top of the social ladder call this area home. Many of them are Aradar, but there are a few others. Kira, Nuro'Tai, Boros, and even one or two humans have managed to squeeze themselves into this area.

The Spire: The transportation and small business hub of Pax Station. You can get to anywhere from the spire because it connects to all of them like branches from a tree. This is the main way of getting about, but it is possible to simply fly to where you need to go as well.

Landings: Platforms that split off from the Spire as seperate areas of the station. These are mainly commercial areas and housing for the middle class of the station, with many corporations calling landings such as these home. Normally they are quite large, three to four kilometers in length from the Spire to the tip. The few who do live on these landings are more than likely corporate employees or a security detail of some sort. There are seven in total, listed from bottom to top respectively. (Pit to Oracle):

Fresnan

Muranti

Heracules

Teranas

Bellasar

Lorandin

Nixarus

The Pit: This is the largest part of Pax, having being built to house the majority of the population. This area of the station is seperated into dozens of smaller, most often faction based, areas. In this area of the station, crime runs completely rampant and has no repercussions. It is a common sight to see a mugging, extortion, and even murder happen right in front of you. Gang wars burst out into the streets against other gangs, PMC companies, or corporate security, and everything that you hold must be grasped in an iron grip. It's easy to lose everything, but also easy to gain if you can handle the lifestyle.

Last edited by quakernuts on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Alien Races

Species: Nuro'tai (Commonly referred to as 'ticks')
Appearance:

Black Dawn OOC (Closed) Nuro_t11

Home Planet: Kara'Kre

Planet Description: Kara'Kre is a desolate looking planet with nothing but deserts covering the majority of the planets surface with very few sheltered canyons many miles deep covering the rest. Storms ravage the surface of the planet, and nearly half of the planet is constantly covered in said storms. Many of Nuro'tai live either in these canyons, or deep beneath the desert surface in cones made of hardened glass forged from the very ground with which they are taking shelter under. Many meters thick and able to withstand standard ordinance from orbiting ships, these underground structures are some of the strongest buildings that are not made of metal. In order for visitors to gain access to the majority of the underground matrix known as Yargur (Roughly translated to 'Sea of Glass'), they have to dock with the outer portion of the complex near the canyons. Everything else is deep underground and is completely sealed off from the rest of the galaxy.

Atmospheric Conditions: Earth Standard with higher amounts of Nitrogen. A high metallic presence in the ground keeps everything oxidizing, along with the gravity being very light allowing the Nuro'tai to survive.

Species Description: Ticks are a very small, but intelligent species. The biggest being a little over one and a half feet, and weighing around sixty pounds. This being said, they are also very frail creatures, and it doesn't take much for them to be hurt or killed by the many bigger and stronger races out there. Along with this, their blood is incredibly toxic to every race except for the Kira, introducing new spores in their blood which allow for a higher thought process up and above that of other species, but their body expires due to this at the early age of 40 standard years. In order to compensate for their low physical prowess, most Ticks have taken to small personal hover devices known as 'Floaters'. A disc like device designed especially for the Nuro'tai, and used en mass by the entire populace in order to get from point A to point B quickly, and stay out of harms way as they cannot move with any great speed on their own. Their eyes are also better suited to low light conditions, allowing them to see in the dark with ease, while having to wear dark goggles during the 'day' on other planets to avoid being blinded. Small, fragile, and intelligent are the trademark descriptions of the Nuro'tai.

Personalities: To sum up the personalities of most of the Ticks, it would be pride. They take themselves on a higher level, often believing that if they have thought of something, it will work. This being said, they are also a cowardice race, often avoiding frontal confrontation whenever they are able to do so. While their are the exceptions to this rule, as it would be for any race, most of them stem from the feeling of pride, and feeling of fear when confronted. It doesn't take much to shake one down, if you have the upper hand. They are also masters of plans, and usually have several back ups if one goes wrong.

Strengths/weaknesses:
+ Intelligent
+ Night Vision
+ Personal transportation devices
+ Excellent bartering skills
- Small in size, easy to kill
- Pride
- Need darkened goggles to see during 'bright' hours

Method of Reproduction: The laying and seeding of eggs

Tech Level: Medium

Common Jobs: Scientist, Head engineer, architect, merchant.

Species: Boros
Appearance:

Black Dawn OOC (Closed) Boros11

Home Planet: Poltar

Planet Description: Poltar is 70% land, and 30% water. The land itself has mutated to adapt to the low water conditions, and small animals and plants cover the entire surface of the world. The weather and atmosphere are almost identical to the lost Earth, with the exception of fewer rainfalls, and water-related natural disasters. Ideally, this planet is like a paradise to those who have grown tired of tech of today's universe. The Boros have set up one city on the entire planet that uses the tech of today, while every other settlement is patched together by huts, tents, and lean-to's. Tribal in many aspects, the tech of every other settlement save Gragar (tech city), is nothing more than nature being the only resource they need to survive. Tall trees that have adapted to the lack of water make up their building materials, small medicinal plants make up their aid functions, and small animals also adapted to the lack of water make up their main source of food.

Atmospheric Conditions: A mix of Oxygen and Hydrogen, with oxygen being slightly higher, along with a heavier than Earth Standard gravity.

Species Description: Boros stand at an average of six feet, usually lean and slightly muscular. It is very uncommon to see a Boros that is out of shape in any way or form. Due to the nature of their planet lacking water, and essential ingredient for life, they can last up to a couple of months without a single drop. Their skin has hardened to the point of almost shell like, making them naturally resistant to the elements, and an outer bone structure allows them to survive blows that would cripple humans and acts as a natural body armour, evolved from some of the harsh elements that 'summer' on the planet would sometimes bring. The main difference between Male and Female is the array of colours their outer bone structure provides. A male will often have dark colours portraying his outer shell, while a woman will have brighter colours, most often blue or red, portraying their outer shell. The longest living Boros reached the age of 130 standard years.

Personalities: All Boros are a naturally peaceful race, never one to anger quickly, if at all. Wise, gracious, and completely understanding of everyone and everything around them, they are the most well liked race on the galactic board. Rarely will you ever see one take up arms other than to defend himself or someone else, and they will always be respectful of others.

Strengths/Weaknesses:

+ Hard Exo-skeleton for defence and armour
+ All trained in hand to hand self defence combat
+ Very emotionally stable
+ Trusted by all races
- Lack of firearms training, and lack of will to get training
- No standing military
- Low tech

Method of Reproduction: Sexually

Tech Level: Low

Common Jobs: Teacher, Doctor, Advisor, Guide, Hunter, Priests.

Species: Kira
Appearance:

Black Dawn OOC (Closed) Kira11

Home Planet: Jorakree

Planet Description: A harsh planet pocket marked with volcanoes, boiling whirlpools, large carnivorous mammals, and deadly diseases. This world is one that is not looked very fondly, or very often on. While from an orbital view, the planet is beautiful to gaze upon, once inside the atmosphere, the air itself is thick, and toxic to every other race out there. Water is polluted, food is fought for with lives at stake, and survival is more of a gamble than a certainty. The gravity is slightly higher than Earth norm, making each mammal or creature one of strength in their own rights. With a harsh world as this, everything is hostile, including the plants who produce so many toxins that to eat one is to invite almost certain death.

Atmospheric Conditions: High concentrations of sulphur and carbon, along with high gravitational pull.

Species Description: The Kira are the most naturally resistant race in the galaxy. Their skin has evolved and hardened to form a thick reptilian skin close to alligator or elephant hide. Their blood has changed into it's own anti-disease and poison device, able to track and destroy all traces of each, they are immune to both. Male and female are nearly identical save for their reproductive organs which are protected by a shell when not in use, therefore masking which gender they are, and can last to a healthy age of about 90 earth years if they survive that long. Kira can tell each other apart through smell, but for every other species it is next to impossible to tell. They stand at an average of 5'10, heavily muscular through forced conditions, and smart enough to utilize the technology of today's galaxy, but not create the level that the rest of the universe has attained.

Personalities: Rough and tumble, all Kira are geared towards violence in one way or another. Having lived with it their entire life, most, if not all, see that as a means to an end. While they are not necessarily arrogant, they are extremely confident of themselves and their ability. You will rarely see one back down from a fight, or suffer retreat. They are determined, sometimes reckless, and most are prone to fits of battle rage, where they are completely uncontrollable.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
+ Hard leather skin offers protection
+ Anti-poison/toxin cells in their bloodstream allow them to be immune to nearly every poison and breathe almost any atmosphere
+ Determined creatures who fight to the death
+ incredibly well built
- Low tech
- Battle rage
- Not necessarily the smartest creatures in the world
- Poor public relations

Method of Reproduction: Sexually

Tech Level: Low

Common Jobs: Mercenary, Security, Bodyguard, Heavy Manual Labourer, Slave Master

Species: Aradar (Air-e-dair)
Appearance:

Black Dawn OOC (Closed) Aradar13

Home Planet: Iris

Planet Description: Iris is the pinnacle of galactic technology. One massive city spawning the entire planet, covering land, sea, and air. It is more akin to a hive mind, with members of the race zipping across in giant tram lines, or even better, using the only functional teleporters in the known universe. The whole world is now devoid of any and all natural life. All food, water, ecosystems, plants, etc are now completely made and controlled by the Aradar. They have, in short, conquered the planet itself. This entire rock of civilization sports trading and merchants on a galactic scale, builds and maintains their own fleet, and does everything from solving medical mysteries to saying 'bless you' when you sneeze. The planet can and will do everything that the Aradar want it to, until the very core of the planet fails or the sun explodes.

Atmospheric Conditions: High hydrogen atmosphere with light gravity conditions.

Species Description: The Aradar are a complex race, and that is an understatement. More machine than organic, their suits work in a few different ways. First, they act as an isolation chamber, keeping them protected from diseases or toxins that have not been found and cured on their home planet, having their own air reserve, allowing them to survive in the vacuum of space, and adding armour that, while not as strong as modern day armour, allows them to take glancing blows and shots with barely a nod. Along with this, several functions, tools, and uses are added or subtracted from the suit over the course of their lives. They can have a limited amount of additional cores added to the suit, say, adding a defensive shield to their warrior cast, or a medical exo-skeleton to their doctors.

Speaking of the race as a whole, they are built into a very rigid caste system, placed there when they are 'created'. There are four castes, each with their own sub-caste. These four main ones being (Brackets mean human terms): Karakai (Worker), Horatul (Research), Veratoz (warrior), and Carata (Regal). Once created into these castes, there is no way for them to switch. They stuck in these castes for their entire lives, all 300 standard years of them. The worker class being the engineers and servants for the higher class. While not the highest on the totem pole of life, they are essential to their way of life. Without them, they would not have ships, the city, or their suits. The researchers, while being able to come up with these ideas and how they can work, do not have the time or resources necessary to build them. Thus, these ideas are shifted down to the worker caste, where they create it. The reserchers are the second least populated caste. The warrior caste are straightforward. They are the military, the navy, and authority. If anyone fights, it will be them or the regal class. The workers and researchers are left out of any and all fighting. Last are the regal class, the leaders of the Aradar people. Often outfitted with an enhanced version of their lifesuit, they are trained as warriors, smart enough to be researchers, and hardy enough to be workers. Often they will be assigned to watch over a section of a caste, and there they will learn their main trade, while still being able to do the others. The planet is not led by one individual, but rather this whole caste, who come together often to decide and vote on important manners. While these regal caste members are all revered, the warrior leaders are the ones who pull the most weight. Being able to take control of the military leads to great power, even though none have ever used it in a way that would bring harm to their own people. This being said, every member of the Aradar species is one of honour and discipline. While it is very rare to see an Aradar cast out, they do so when they have either disgraced their sense of honour, or the will of the Aradar people.

Biologically, they are about 80% machine, and 20% organic. Having shed most of their living shell in the pursuit of knowledge and science, they are the longest lived, and revered race in the galaxy. Their suit functions as their flesh, and while hard to penetrate, breaking through the suit would be equal to stabbing through the skin. Underneath is vulnerable, and looks akin to organs hooked up to several tubes and wires. This being said, they are also known to be incredibly arrogant, taking it upon themselves as the Galaxy's 'keepers'. They have taken control of authoritative measures, including races only if they are within the territories of said species. For the most part, over half of the Galactic Civil Protection is made of Aradar. So, while revered and respected, quite a few members of different species have been very vocal about the way everyone else is looked down upon. Nothing has been done to quell these members yet, but everyone knows it is just a matter of time.

In relations to humans, they are probably the most hated race in all of the galaxy. These are the aliens which destroyed Earth and crippled the human race. They did so in an attempt to 'restore galactic order'. While the war is officially over, and the Aradar act as if it never happened, many humans still resent what happened during those fateful few years, and some humans have been known to create kill teams with the sole purpose of eliminating as many Aradars as possible.

Personalities: Honour and Discipline play a very large part in the society of the people of Aradar. If challenged to a one on one duel, to say no would mean a black mark on yourself for the rest of your days. they are also quite arrogant, believing themselves to be much better than anyone or anything out there, and are not above pointing it out to everyone. Along with this comes along the sense of purpose, most Aradar are driving for some goal, even if it appears as if they aren't.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
+ Suits allow unrivalled advantage over other races
+ Largest standing military, along with discipline, training, and tech
+ Most technologically advanced race in the galaxy
+ Galaxy's 'caretakers'
-Fragile underneath the suit
-Rigid caste system allows for little to no individuality
- Arrogance and over-confidence

Method of Reproduction: Reproduction, if you want to call it that, for the Aradar is a complicated piece of technology. Aradar do not reproduce naturally, but instead, build their race from giant vats of genes and DNA. Every member of their race enters their gene into the vat at birth, making the combinations random, keeping an individuality to their people. Once the DNA has been seeded out of the vat, they grow them into the necessary organic parts needed for an Aradar to survive. Once that is done, they are attached with several machines and components that improve on what used to be their organic bodies. Once life has been established, they quickly seal them inside their suit like a tomb, not to be removed for the first ten years of life. After which the machine and organic parts will have melded together and leave of the suit can be granted without near instantaneous death. Through this very act, rumours and stories have risen and taken seed among the galaxy that the Aradar did not evolve naturally. That maybe they were created by an even stronger race of aliens. The Aradar claim time and again that if they were created, they have no idea by who, or for what reason. They do not pray to a god or saviour, and believe only in what science and logic can prove to them.

Tech Level: Very High

Common Jobs: Diplomats, Corporate leaders, Military Leaders, High End Bounty Hunters, Galactic Defence Force.

Last edited by quakernuts on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:45 pm

Corporations and Manufacturers

* Note that these are not the only corporations in the galaxy, but simply those with a HQ on Pax.

Orion Limited

Main Export: Weapons, generally more of the store brand style. Common and reliable, if not the strongest stuff out there.

Base of Operations: Halfway up the spire of Pax, on a landing known as Bellasar

Local CEO: Mr. Jarusk Li'kang

Local CEO Race: Nuro'tai

Brief Business history and Local CEO biography: Orion Limited is one of the galaxies most well known and most used weapons manufacturers. Springing up from the urbanized center of Hirakree, a planet near the center of the galaxy, it quickly made itself known as a reliable and cheap weapons distributor. Through no small feat, Orion Limited had expanded itself to several nearby systems in just a few short Earth standard years. In the time that followed, Orion Limited quickly became one of the major players in the arms market, competing against some of the bigger names such as the Hordenger Corporation, and the Vivian Industries. While they do have all ranges of weapons available, from handguns to heavy weapons, Orion Limited specializes in assault rifles and sub machine guns.

Mr. Jarusk Li'kang is your typical Tick. He prides himself on being able to do anything that needs to be done, and isn't afraid to shove it in people's faces either. However, he didn't get to where he was by simply being an egotistical bastard, he knows how to handle situations along with directing where their attention should be focused. Aware of his physical limitations, he is never without his personal guard of Kira, who often take care of minor dealings with unimportant people for their boss. In short, he is arrogant, egotistical, and slightly narcissistic, but he is also cunning, smart, and has a head for business. In the diplomatic world, he is not to be underestimated.

Hordenger Corporation

Main Export: Weapons, generally higher end stuff. Expensive, but well worth the credits.

Base of Operations: Located across from Orion Limited, on the same landing known as Bellasar.

Local CEO: Ms. Jessica Bresin

Local CEO Race: Human

Brief Business History and Local CEO Biography: Hordenger has been established for too many years to count. It's business spans the entire galaxy, just like its competitors. Hordenger separates itself from the others by the fact that the corporation prefers quality over quantity. Hordenger weapons are hard sought after, often providing a much needed edge over one's enemies with tactical upgrades such as smart ammo or targeting systems. Due to this, they are quite a bit more expensive than any other brand of gun out there, and only the military, personal guard of corporate leaders, or higher end PMC groups have access to their arsenal. The odd mercenary or gang banger may have one, but it is rare.

Ms. Jessica Bresin is one of the few humans that was relatively left alone when Earth fell. Already a leader of one of the most powerful weapon's manufacturer's in the galaxy left her untouched by the racism and discrimination that befell her fellow humans. Due to this, she has no idea what it's like for the rest of her race. She has no sympathy for them, and offers no handouts. She is not naturally hard, but she is a businesswoman first and foremost. Giving handouts is not good for business, and she plans to keep the company growing. She herself is one of the calmer CEO's, refusing to let her anger show even in the worst of circumstances. That being said, she still has a temper, however slow of a fuse. Anger her, and she will bring the wrath of Hordenger down on your head like a hammer upon an anvil.

Bruskill Armour

Main Export: As the name would suggest, Bruskill Armour specializes in personal combat armour. They are a well rounded manufacturer, and make anything from light scouting armour to heavy combatant 'tank' armour.

Base of Operations: Bruskill Armour Embassy is located a couple levels above the Pit, on a landing known as Muranti.

Local CEO: Mr. Hygran of Verasun

Local CEO Race: Boros

Brief Business History and Local CEO Biography: Bruskill Armour is a fledgling of armour manufacturer. They only managed to set up shop a few years back, barely spreading from their planet of Herashter a short few systems away. That being said, the corporate heading is not as brutal or unforgiving as the rest of the companies are. Almost as if to solidify this fact, a Boros has been placed in charge of the Pax HQ, given freedom to do whatever he deems necessary to produce a profit. Where they differ from the other companies is the fact that they employ almost all Kira workers. Even from the beginning, they used this warrior race to fashion their armour together, and gave the company based off of one of their words, Bruskill, meaning 'Tough as Life' in Kira tongue. While they do have Nuro'tai and other Boros on their starting planet, most outer HQ's only have the workers, who are transferred the plans from the main HQ back on Herashter and told to make the specifications. They are a general armour company, and can be relied upon to have any sort of armour in stock.

Mr. Hygran is one of the most compassionate corporate heads you will ever meet. He is new to the running of a company, put into the position by his father, Verasun of Kelasan. He is still learning much of what needs to be done, and will often be found in conference with the other corporate heads looking for leadership and asking for opinions. Do not take this as a sign of weakness though, as he is endowed with all the natural patience and wisdom as befits a Boros. An analytical mind and an ability to follow orders when they are given makes him a perfect far-reaching CEO for a starting company.

Nova Systems Inc.

Main Export: Military grade armour, meant solely for higher up PMC groups of the standing Galactic Defence Force.

Base of Operations: Literally one level from the Oracle, on a landing called Nixarus. Often dubbed 'Angel's graveyard' by the humans on board the station due to the fact that people leaving the Oracle look as if they are falling from the heavens.

Local CEO: Brusk

Local CEO Race: Kira

Brief Business History and CEO Biography: Nova Systems Inc. is a well know, revered and feared business. Having a reputation for violently dealing with any competition, within their organization or outside. They got to where they are today, a dominant armour manufacturer by climbing on top of the quite literally dead bodies of their opponents. On top of this, they managed to secure some of the top resources in the sector of their original basing. This allowed them to produce high quality armour for half the production cost. In short, you simply do not mess with Nova Systems Inc. They will either drown you in legal bindings, or your own blood.

Brusk, a straight forward and brunt Kira, just like all the rest. The only difference between Brusk and the rest of his kind is the fact that he understands at least half of what is said to him. He is a giant slab of muscle, and the remorse and guilt he feels for killing someone could fit on a pinhead. Brusk was put into the position of CEO not to lead the HQ stationed on Pax, but rather be it's enforcer. The chairmen stationed at the original HQ deal with all the details save for the physical kind. Brusk is there to make sure no one fucks with their business, take orders, and enforce Nova Systems Inc.'s rule over the area. While Bruskill Armour has moved into the area, and taken some customers, they're not prepared to move in just as yet. They know the leader is a Boros, and know that he is naive in his dealings, and are waiting on an opportunity to seize the fledgling company rather than destroy it outright.

Juarard Transportation

Main Export: Vehicles and vehicle parts, mainly low grade. Commercial grade rather than military standard, although vehicles are easily upgraded.

Base of Operations: Located on the landing directly above the pit, known as Fresnan.

Local CEO: Mr. Heri'tin Vera'ski

Local CEO Race: Nuro'tai

Brief History of Business and Local CEO Biography: Juarard Transportation is one of the few places on Pax that manages to do remotely well without actually having any second businesses anywhere else in the galaxy. The only reason it makes this list is because it is the main distributor of commercial grade vehicles and parts. That's it, there is no other story or reasoning behind this business. Just at the right spot with the right gear.

Mr. Heri'tin is not as full of pride as the rest of his species is, but what he lacks in pride he makes up for in spite. He is a hateful little Tick with the natural intelligence that befits a Nuro'tai. He usually has someone working up front with the customers while he works on the vehicles in the back, preferring to deal with something that can be fixed and doesn't talk back. Like his counterparts though, he has a head for business and technology, and can fix just about anything given the right amount of time.

Icarus Landings

Main Export: Higher grade commercial vehicles. More bang for your buck, but not as easily modified from their standard build.

Base of Operations: Located on the landing Fresnan.

Local CEO: Mr. Harry Javis

Local CEO Race: Human

Brief Business History and Local CEO Biography: Icarus Landings is an oddity among today's day and age. It is a vehicle company that is completely human based, with not a single alien among it's midst. Based off one of the human colonies that was left to fend for itself after Earth fell, this company literally clawed it's way off the planet and into the universe. It set up a few corporations over the system and it's neighbours, and eventually became recognized as a legitimate business despite the human trash running it. This being said, there are elements of discrimination from both outside and inside the company, but the construction of their vehicles made from natural elements of their founder world, along with warranties on each and every purchase overshadows this fact.

Harry Javis is the man that is responsible for dragging Icarus Landings out of the proverbial dirt. He founded, spread, created, built, and published each vehicle that came out of the company until they started making a name for themselves out in the galaxy and he settled down to a more business role rather than engineer. Harry attempts to shut out his racist nature, but it is obvious if to anyone if there were a human and an alien in the room, that he would favour the human. During the crisis that was the aftermath of the war, Harry had to endure the insults and metaphorical punches thrown at him during those years. Now, he has placed himself on Pax for two reasons. One is to make sure the company manages to get it's feet underneath it on the station, and two is to see what other humans are living like under alien oppression. He is not liking what he is seeing.

Kerasear Military Technology

Main Export: Military grade vehicles and hardware, currently only marketed towards the Galactic Defence Force.

Base of Operations: The very top of the spire, controlled by the ruling Aradar in the area known as The Oracle.

Local CEO: Isarcus

Local CEO Race: Aradar

Brief Business History and Local CEO Biography: Kerasear is a Aradar made and controlled business. These are the top of the line, highest technological machines, weaponry, and armour that can possibly be found throughout the galaxy. The only problem being, is that the merchandise is not open to the public. Being that the Aradar control the standing galactic military and it's weapons, it only makes sense for them to be able to manufacture their own weapons and keep them an edge over the rest of those who would deem themselves trouble makers. The only reason they are stationed on Pax in the first place is because the station itself lies in the crossroads of neighbouring systems. As such, they have a standing military presence around the building at all times to deter any would be thieves or trouble makers.

Isarcus is one of the Veratoz caste, being the only natural type of Aradar to control the company based on Pax, since it is under constant threat of attack by the less than savoury people of Pax. Despite being on the Oracle, Isarcus runs the place as if it was a military base, with set patrols and perimeter around the building at all times. While not necessarily ruthless, he will not hesitate to eliminate any threat to his building or those under his command, and is not afraid of taking the battle to those deserving it. Being one of the Aradar also ensures complete support from the ruling class on Pax ensures that no one, short of the gangs in the pit, is going to stop him.

Cyclonics Technologies

Main Export: Bionic research, commercial and military grade

Base of Operations: The Landing Lorandin

Local CEO: Javaran of Herantul

Brief Business History and Local Ceo Biography: Cyclonics is the place to buy any bionics legally. There are other bionic companies out there, but none of them can compete with the sheer amount of presence and bionics that Cyclonics Technologies manages to pump out. They span the galaxy, although they are more prevalent near the Aradar home planet of Iris due to the technology trade between them that allows for cheaper production of metallic limbs and upgrades. They mainly produce commercial grade bionic limbs, but the military ones they do offer mainly get sent to the high end PMC companies, or the filthy rich.

Javaran of Herantul is an old Boros, reaching his 100 years of age. His back is slightly hunched over and his outer bone structure has taken on a deep yellow colour. Despite the obvious physical limitations, he acts and behaves as if he was fifty years younger. He refuses to allow his age to force him to lose his edge or his ability to reason, and with that deep determination comes a deep wisdom. Javaran is incredibly intelligent with people and how they behave, making him a perfect diplomat and CEO of the company. The researchers take care of all the manufacturing while he takes charge of contracts, meetings, handshakes so to speak, and anything that has to do with public relations. Like all Boros, his anger is non-existent, but he tends to get slightly sarcastic when he feels his time is being wasted.

Kerasear Bionic Technology

Main Export: Military grade and experimental bionic upgrades.

Base of Operations: The Oracle

Local CEO: Yori'ti Narik'ky

Local CEO Race: Nuro'Tai

Brief Business History and Local CEO Biography: Kerasear Bionics is linked directly to it's weapon manufacturing counter part. In short, they are essentially the same company split into two groups in order to cut the production time from both. While essentially it is under the protection of Isarcus, it is run independently from another CEO who overlooks the research and production of the facility.

Yori'ti is a jittery little Tick, acting as if someone is constantly looking over his shoulder. He isn't wrong. Being put into the position by the Aradar owners, they expect him to not only keep up with production demands, but exceed them, and it shows in his nature as he is constantly on edge and jumps at the slightest thing. One might question why someone so nervous would be placed in charge, and that is because, despite his nature, he is the best at what he does. He is the head researcher and knows exactly what is needed in order to increase the efficiency of the bionics, and pump them out faster than anyone on Pax.

Vrood and Lira'teen Construction

Main Export: Construction of non-military based structures, although they are always willing to try something new.

Base of Operations: The Heracules Landing

Local CEO's: Ms. Vrood and Mr. Lira'teen Spir'teen

Local CEO's Races: Kira and Nuro'Tai

Brief Business History and Local CEO Histories: Vrood and Lira'teen Construction is a local business only, their work spanning all of Pax. They've made most of the lower priced accommodations for the Pit and some of the landings, along with warehouses, stores, garages, etc. They specialize in the common type of buildings, but are also known for adding the extra mile if given the credits to motivate them. Other than that, they are a reliable if somewhat quirky company.

Vrood is atypical to your standard Kira. She is almost nice by human standards, or at least, not as harsh as you would come to expect from a naturally born killer. She tends to have a very dark sense of humour, and slightly higher than normal social skills for a Kira. She is the most present face of the business, handling all the physical labour and leading the workers to make sure their job gets done. She is actually the more relatable of the two owners.

Lira'teen is probably one of the grumpiest floating pile of Tick anyone has seen in a long time. It takes but a word to set him off, and when he does, it doesn't end for hours. Vrood seems to be the only one able to calm him down, either through words or threat of physical harm. The banter between the two looks like that of a married couple, and while there are speculations, nothing has been set in stone. Lira'teen handles all the book keeping, along with prioritizing the job orders, and just keeping the business in order behind the scenes.

Javasker Ltd.

Main Export: High grade building materials and construction.

Base of Operations: The Teranas Landing

Local CEO: Ms. Jari'skil Bres'nas

Local CEO Race: Nuro'Tai

Brief Business History and Local CEO Biography: Javaskar Ltd is one of the better construction sites around this side of the galaxy. While not necessarily as fast, or as cheap as their local competitor, Vrood and Lira'teen Construction, they build to last. Their buildings are usually made of top notch materials, some even considered military grade but allowed through regular commercial trade. Their handiwork can mainly be seen through some of the buildings on the landings, where the better off people of Pax can afford it. Along with this, they also assisted in the construction of the Aradar corporation complexes up in the Oracle.

Ms. Jari'skil is pretty stuck up, to say the least. She earned her way to the top of the construction company here on Pax because of her ability to direct workflow like a dam directs water. She knows exactly what to build, how to build it, and how long it would take, along with how to improve how long it would take. The only reason that their buildings are not built as fast as the other construction companies in the galaxy is because of the materials they use, which require a certain finesse in order to manipulate. She is above talking to any of the lowly workers, and only converses with her foremen on matters that require her attention. You will rarely see her unless you either demand an audience in order to see a deal, or she wants something from you.

Med-X

Main Export: Medical supplies and care, the only company on Pax that does so.

Base of Operations: On the Landing Heracules

Local CEO: Hesha of Nurastin

Brief Company History and Local CEO Biography: Med-X is known almost universally as the one corporation who isn't a complete sell out. They stick to some of the old ways of thinking that are all but extinct in more modern corporations and businesses. They freely give out their services, offer their medical supplies for less, and just in general act as the caretakers of the galaxy. They are able to do this with limited back from the GDF, who employs many of their doctors as combat surgeons, this allows them to take certain cuts in sales in order to provide medical care to those who really need it. Pax was considered a no go zone for most other medical companies, seeing as the risk of being raided continually overcame the benefit of being able to sell for higher prices due to need. Med-X is the only medical company on Pax.

Hesha is one of those Boros who is a pristine image of her race. Kind, caring, completely peaceful yet able to stand her ground even in the face of danger. She has never once resorted to violence, but has a backbone that many Kira would be jealous of. A skilled doctor for all races, and a smooth diplomatic talker when it comes down to it, she does what she does because she sees that there is a need in the galaxy for it. She will do everything in her power to save someone from dieing.

Vulk's Crew:

Main Export: Hired Muscle, mainly for low costs and low results. Standard thugs armed with sub standard weaponry.

Base of Operations: A string of stores in The Pit that are cobbled together to form one building that houses the entire mercenary group.

Leader: Vulk

Leader Race: Kira

Brief Group History and Leader Biography: Vulk's Crew is a relatively new batch of mercenaries. Just setting up a few short Earth months ago, Vulk has managed to gain a reputation for himself and his crew as a ruthless Kira who will do the contract through any means necessary. While his crew is nothing special, made up of everything but Nuro'tai, what they lack in overall skill they make up in tenacity. They do what they do because they love it, and will commit any series of insane acts of bravery or stupidity if they believe that it will get them their money. Basically, whatever you want these guys to do, depends on the amount of money being shoved their way.

Vulk himself is a Kira fresh from Jorakree. That being said, his instinct to survive and fight is forefront over anything else. However, he also managed to retain a head on his shoulder, and quickly went about collecting followers with the promises of fights and money. Vulk himself is what every Kira strives to be physically. He is 6'3, almost pure muscle and enough brains to not get himself into situations he can't win. He's not a strategist, but he isn't stupid either. If you prove you have the advantage, you can usually force him to back down if he isn't being paid to do otherwise. A word to the wise, hand to hand is suicide with this Kira, regardless of what kind of advantage you have. If need be, take out from a range.

Pariah:

Main Export: Hired Muscle. These guys are specialists, mainly asked to perform specific tasks such as assassinations or high profile thefts. Trained and decently armed members.

Base of Operations: Lower down in the Pit, near the Wasteland.

Leader: Jonathan Vruga.

Leader Race: Human

Brief Group History and Leader Biography: Pariah was named thus because the leader of the group was once part of the Human Navy, a Commander to be exact. The group managed to form after this outcast came to Pax to seek a new life, and found that starting over an old one with twists was easier. He didn't accept any old gang banger off the streets though, he put them through tests to ensure that they were worth taking first. Next, after the group had managed to gain enough numbers to start a small mercenary business, he went out and started making a name for himself in the worst way possible. Rather than take any old job that suited them, they quickly went out and stole or extorted whatever weapons, armour, or materials they needed. What they couldn't get out of pure physical intimidation, they got through being incredibly resourceful. They would sneak into warehouses unseen either through stealth or leaving no witnesses, and get what they wanted that way. This is a gang that you simply do not mess with, because they can come at you from various ways.

Jonathan Vruga, as was mentioned before, was a Commander in the Human Navy before Earth fell. He was one of the few naval officers who managed to survive the period immediately afterwards, where any mention of you being in the Human military was grounds for lynching. He's later on in his years, pushing his late forties, yet he still manages to keep up with all of the mercs he hires. They respect him not only as a leader, but as a figurehead. While the mercenary gang is multi-racial, humans are definitely prevalent. Those aliens that are enlisted, are never within a position of power. Jonathan is a fair man, if understandably slightly racist, and is usually willing to hear what the other man has to say before he puts a bullet in him. A trained strategist, soldier, and leader, Jonathan is a man to reckon with by pure reputation alone.

Mirka's Teeth:

Main Export: GDF sponsored PMC company. High end dealings, highly trained and well equipped. They are the only force in this side of the galaxy that comes even close to rivalling the Galactic defence Force.

Base of Operations: On the Landing Nixarus

Leaders: Narn, Keloon of Mariken, and Cara'ja Her'shten

Leader Races: Kira, Boros, and Nuro'Tai

Brief Group History and Leader Biographies: Mirka's teeth is named after a near legendary animal on the Kira home world of Jorakree. Mirka is an animal known as a Huskeral. These building sized monstrosities of nature are extremely territorial, kill at the slightest provocation, and are often hunted as trophies by the local Kira. They are similar to a crocodile in shape, save for their mouth is less elongated and more rounded. Their teeth are huge, some even the size of a Kira itself. Mirka is known to be the biggest, baddest, and longest lived Huskeral known to the Kira. Many of their kin have fallen to the mighty beast, and when this PMC was formed, Narn brought up the idea and it seemed proper to name a mercenary company after it. As for their business history, Mirka's Teeth is funded by the GDF to perform tasks for them that are important enough to notice, but not important enough to send the fleet after them. That being said, they are restricted by the law, and have quite a few more rules than most PMC companies in this sector. This is maintained in order to keep their high end gear and training. Many other PMC's often refer to these 'pet' PMC's as the 'Aradar's Bitches'. Despite this slander, no one can argue that they are some of the best PMC's in the known galaxy. They are a force to be reckoned with, and short of the GDF themselves, they are the most well equipped and highly trained soldiers out there.

Mirka's Teeth is a rarity in the fact that it is comprised of three leaders, and not just one. It was deemed worthwhile by the Kira who founded the organization in the firstplace. Narn, the man in charge of anything that needs killing or exploding, founded the business and brought to the table a decent band of guns for hire. He's not as quick tempered as his brethren, but when he does get angry, it almost instantly engages his 'battle rage' reflex', and takes nearly the whole of the PMC to bring him out of it. Known for his fighting skills, and not his technical or people ones, he sought out after others that could help him with this. He first met Mr. Keloon of Mariken, a Boros on the rough edge of things simply trying to get by. Narn came to him, and persuaded him to be his advocate. He would find the contracts and jobs, strike a deal that suited them, and relay the information back to Narn who would carry it out. It was the perfect deal since Keloon was squeamish when it came to actual fighting. He has become the public face for Mirka's Teeth, and all public relations are held through him. Narn then later came upon Ms. Cara'ja Her'shten. As like all Nuro'Tai, Cara was gifted in anything technical. She agreed to join them, seeing as the idea of working with GDF sanctioned weaponry was almost too much for her to stand. She is almost like a kid in a candy store most days, zipping around the armoury, laboratory, and the garage as if her very life depended on it. She takes care of all shipping matters as well as repairing, salvaging, maintaining, and inventing new tech for the mercs of Mirka's Teeth. Together, the three of them form a well rounded team, but in matters where they are at an impasse, Narn still holds ultimate control. He knows well enough to only use it when he really wants to, but he never misses a moment to let them know just who made the company when either Keloon or Cara steps out of line.

Last edited by quakernuts on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:49 pm; edited 7 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Armours

*Note: These aren't the only armours available in the RP, only the ones to start off with. More will be recorded as the RP progresses.

*Note #2: I have left the actual description of what the armour looks like (Aside from colours) up to the players. Feel free to describe them as you see fit.

Armour Variants:

Light: This is your scouting or recon armour. This class usually prefers speed over overall protection. Mainly used by snipers or assassins, this lightweight apparel will allow for the deftest of movements and most silent of steps, if somewhat lacking in actual protection from bullets. Don't expect to be taking much fire while wearing this class.

Medium: Your average Joe type of armour. A mixture of light and heavy, providing the best of both worlds while not exactly giving all the benefits of either. This type of armour will allow for a decent amount of mobility while standing up well in firefights. Don't expect to wade into oncoming fire like you're invincible, but you won't be taken out by one shot either.

Heavy: This is the armour you would use if a frontal assault is your type of style. Not so much apparel as it is a suit, the Heavy variant of armour must be stepped into almost like a mechanized vehicle. It is still roughly the same size as it's wearer, with a few extra inches in every direction. This armour will allow for one to wade through small arms fire for a time before the plating fails, but is susceptible to anti-tank weaponry and armour piercing weaponry. The lack of mobility makes it a necessity to have a squad of more mobile troops to back you up.

Research and Development (R&D): This armour is something that just says you live on the edge. Experimental technology that can be any three categories, and can help or hinder you. You take a risk getting into these types of armour, but you stand to manage a huge gain if you choose to try it. Wear with extreme caution.

* = worst
****** = best

Light:

-Lavaskin armour MKI
Brief Description: Flexible armour painted to the colours of red and black only. The cheapest armour out there, if you could even call it armour. Comes with standard package of body armour, helmet, boots, and gauntlets.
Defence: *
Mobility: ****
Extra Equipment: None.
Price: 8000 credits

-Lavaskin armour MKII
Brief Description: Slightly better armoured then it's predecessor, it's still one of the cheapest sets of armour out there. Along with this heat dampening plates have been built into the combat weave. These little pieces of technology allow one to disguise their internal core temperature, evading anyone using thermal goggles. Comes with standard package of Body armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Defence: **
Extra Equipment: Thermal Dampening Plates
Price: 10000 credits

-Lavaskin armour MKIII
Brief Description: Add a tactical cloak to the heat dampening plates, and suddenly you have a ghost on your hands. While this mode will cover your thermal and physical appearance, electro-magnetic sensors will still be able to pick you up from close range due to the power fluctuations needed to keep the cloak going. Can be run for five minutes at a time, with a twenty minute recharge. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Extra Equipment: Tactical Cloak
Price: 20000 credits

-Corruption Armour MKI
Brief Description: A light armour with a terrifying look. Black and purple are the trademarks of this armour, with added ridge blades along the forearms for additional melee damage. Along with this is the added bonus of a rappel system built into the wrist of the suit itself. Capable of carrying the weight of it's user up to a height of 5 stories, it's the useful tool for an infiltrator to get around. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Extra Equipment: Ridge blades along forearms, Rappel System.
Price: 12000 credits

-Corruption Armour MKII
Brief Description: Almost exactly like the MKI version, save for some enhancements to the visor of the helmet integrated to the rest of the suit. The helmet now has several vision modes that can aid the user in seeing in the dark, spotting a single person in a crowd, directions, etc. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Extra Equipment: Extra vision enhancements for the helmet visor, ridge blades along the forearms, Rappel System.
Price: 18000 credits

-Neuron Armour MKI
Brief Description: A mix of yellow and red, this armour signifies speed over protection above all else. Made for the man or woman on the go, this is the type of armour you use if you need your speed to be at it's top. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Defence: *
Mobility: *****
Extra Equipment: None
Price: 9000 credits

-Neuron Armour MKII
Brief Description: Like it's predecessor, the Neuron Armour is made for speed. However, some light weave but durable armour implants into the material itself has increased the life span of it's wearer. Along with this, a body scanner has been built within the suit along with a projector inside the helmet. This allows one to create a copy of themselves to send forward ten feet before disappearing again. Useful for spotting snipers or distracting guards from your position. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Mobility: *****
Extra Equipment: Hologram Projector
Price: 13000 credits

-Neuron MKIII
Brief Description: Once again, simply an upgrade from it's past versions of itself, but what an upgrade. Several muscle enhancements built into the body armour, specifically the leggings, allows the user to reach speeds that are normally not possible. Be warned, that extended use of the muscle enhancements can lead to muscle tears, breakage of bones, and in worst case scenarios, death. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Mobility: *****(*)
Extra Equipment: Muscle enhancements that are built into the leggings. Extended use is not advised.
price; 14000 credits

-Angel Armour MKI
Brief Description: White and blue, a typical colour often associated with justice, or in this case, angels. The Angel Armour is one of the best light armours out there, giving maximum mobility and allowing for a decent amount of protection. Where Angel Armour differs is in the mounted jetpack on the back. When activated, sprouts from the back like wings, hence the name, and allows the user to literally fly for a short amount of time. Comes with substandard package of Body Armour, Boots, and gauntlets.
Mobility: ******
Extra Equipment: Back mounted jetpack.
Price: 19000 credits

-Angel Armour MKII
Brief Description: Just like you MKI variant of the armour, with the added bonus of a helmet and stabilizers located in the palms of the hands and souls of the feet. Greater control of your jetpack can be achieved, but also requires a greater amount of fuel to be carried. So either your fuel capacity is enlarged, or your flight time is reduced. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Mobility: ******
Extra Equipment: Back mounted jetpack w/ stabilizers
Price: 22000 credits

Medium Armours:

-Hyperion Armour MKI
Brief Description: Utilizing a colour scheme of blue and yellow, this is the most standard medium variant armour around. There's nothing special to this armour, allowing for a lower price, and managing to stay true to the definitions of 'Medium Armour'. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Defence: ***
Mobility: ***

-Hyperion Armour MKII
Brief Description: With the added targeting assist built into the helmet, this armour is known for being a beacon for mercenaries or soldiers with deadly aim. True will be the aim of the wearer, and dead will be the target.
Extra Equipment: Targeting assist built into the helmet.

-Vector Armour
Brief Description: With a rather stand out colour scheme of Orange and green, this armour is not known for its physical appearance. What it's known for is it's ability to keep the user alive through prolonged combat. Mainly used by combat medics due to medical analyzer built into the armour's HUD. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Extra Equipment: Built in Medical Analyzer and Equipment
Price: 11000 credits

-Predator Armour MKI
Brief Description: This armour is one of the few that actually uses a camouflage type pattern in it's colouration. It can range from forest, to desert, to winter tundra. Along with this, the Predator provides one of the best protection statistics given to a Medium Armour variant. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Defence: ****

-Predator Armour MKII
Brief Description: Forfeiting the helmet in place of a enhanced reality visor, it lowers the defence value slightly in return for an enhanced view of the battlefield including tactical intel and being able to see through walls with nanovision. Comes with substandard package of Body Armour, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Extra Equipment: Enhanced Reality Visor
Price: 13000 credits

-Spirit Armour MKI
Brief Description: Not sticking to the colours it's name would suggest, Spirit armour is usually differing shades of blue. The Spirit is different from other armours in the fact that all it provides is the body armour. This armour however, comes with a newly developed static shield that stops high velocity impacts such as bullets or rockets from hitting the user. The shield has a limited life span, usually lasting only 30 seconds at a time or if it is overloaded from the amount of kinetic energy hitting it. Shield must recharge for a minimum of two minutes before being used again. This shield covers the entire user from harm. Comes with bare package of Body Armour.
Defence: *(***)
Extra Equipment: Static kinetic shield
Price: 13500 credits

-Spirit Armour MKII
Brief Description: The shield is replaced with reflective plates built into the armour itself. These plates shrug off explosive damage and light arms well enough until the plating itself fails. Normally these plates can last an extended firefight at a time, unless overloaded like it's shield predecessor. Comes with standard package of Body Armour, Helmet, Boots, and Gauntlets.
Defence: ****(-** once plating fails)
Extra Equipment: Reflective Plating.
Price: 14500 credits

-Sierra Armour MKI
Brief Description: Utilizing a colour of pure gold, Sierra is made for those soldiers who don't mind advertising their presence. A stronger make lacking in mobility, it falls just short of being able to enter the "Heavy" classification. It's most notable feature are the twin blades that are held within the top section of the gauntlets. Easily 12 inches in length, they are one of the more useful last defence options to the desperate mercenary.
Extra Equipment: Twin Wrist Blades

-Sierra Armour MKII
Brief Description: Taking out the wrist blade and instead adding an EMP generator to the Body Armour disguised as a backpack. This little baby can knock out any electricity using objects within a square block. Use with caution, as it takes a long time (1 hour) to reload to full capacity and is capable of knocking out your ally's gear as well.
Extra Equipment: Mobile EMP generator, 1 hour reload time.
Price: 16000 credits

-Sierra Armour MKIII
Brief Description: EMP generator now gone, what this version of the armour now provides are muscle enhancements built into the arms, along with an adrenaline injection device, or 'juicer' by the community. This is the suit if you prefer brute strength over anything. If you're human, you would be twice as strong as a Kira when used. Please take note that addiction can occur from this enhancement/adrenaline combination, and over-usage can lead to muscle dystrophy, brain damage, and death.
Extra Equipment: Muscle enhancements and adrenaline injections.
Price: 20000 credits

Heavy Armours:

-Turtle Armour MKI
Brief Description: Sticking with the colour of a deep green, Turtle armour is your standard heavy armour type. Thick, made to withstand fire, and not meant to really be moved. This piece of work will allow you to wade out into a fight spewing fire like a god of old, until you are required to actually get anywhere. Good luck sprinting to the door in this suit.
Defence: *****
Mobility: *

-Turtle Armour MKII
Brief Description: Adding on stabilizers to the legs and sections of the back, this allows the armour to enter a 'lock down' state in which case heavier weapons can be used with ease and armour withstands the current volley no doubt being shot at you. Extra armour has been added for the lack of mobility.
Defence: ******
Mobility: * (No mobility once stabilized)
Extra Equipment: Stabilizers
Price: 14000 credits

-Jericho Armour MKI
brief Description: Orange and red are the trademark colours for the Jericho Armour. Made to withstand a hail of bullets while dishing out it's own punishment. Jericho Armour is one of the few pieces of apparel that comes with it's own weapon. A shoulder mounted rocket launcher, complete with ten starting rockets, allows the user to not even have to bring a gun to the fight. While not as accurate, and possibly dangerous to the user. It does the job just like any other explosive weapon.
Extra equipment: Shoulder mounted rocket launcher

-Jericho Armour MKII
Brief Description: While the rocket launcher is best used against infantry, an upgrade to a Plasma Cannon is better against vehicles. All you need to ask yourself is, what is more important to take out? The answer should be obvious.
Extra Equipment: Shoulder mounted Plasma Cannon

-Apocalypse Armour MKI
Brief Description: Utilizing a gold, dark orange, and blood red pattern in it's appearance, it is one of the most visually threatening armours on the market. Huge, meant to take on small armies, and most likely the last thing you will ever see. One of the more intimidating factors is something similar to an earthquake produced by weapons attached to the armour's legs simply deemed 'Tremors'. These giant metal slabs on the outside of each state require the user to remain absolutely still during use. A Tremor preps up, and slams itself into whatever the user is standing on. While not using enough force to cause an actual earthquake, it sends out a pulse much akin to a giant burst of wind that knocks over everybody within a five foot range. Dangerous to use, but useful when surrounded. Warning, friendlies can be hit by this pulse.
Mobility: * (no mobility when using Tremors)
Extra Equipment: Tremor pulse weapons
Price: 22000 credits

-Apocalypse Armour MKII
Brief Description: Taking away the Tremors from the legs, the manufacturer manages to add something else to the table. Adding a friction slider to the bottom of the boots and retro rockets to the legs and back allow the user to quickly manoeuvre around the battlefield. While not as fast or as flexible as most Medium and all Light armours, this handy tool allows the wearer to get themselves out of a tricky situation while looking like fire is coming out of their body. Limited use only, requires fuel to use.
Mobility: *(*)
Extra Equipment: Retro rockets and Friction Sliders
Price: 25000 credits

-Savage Armour
Brief Description: Utilizing a colour scheme dark blue and dark green, this armour takes the meaning of beating someone with your fists and uses it literally. While not statistically better than the rest of the heavy armours, this piece of apparel allows the user to beat people to death with their own two hands. Several servos within the arms allow the user to consistently have the strength of a crane, able to crush most cars with nothing but the suit alone. Be forewarned that overheat does become an issue if overstressed.
Mobility: **
Extra Equipment: Several small weapons built into the gauntlets, enhanced servos in arms.
Price: 24000 credits

-Firebrand Armour MKI
Brief Description: A bright red suit of destruction that is simply havoc on the battlefield. It utilizes a heavy fire resistance system, activated in the HUD that allows the user to designate nanobots built into the suit itself to reposition armour as the user sees fit. A different approach to things, since if you're getting peppered from every direction, you'll be left with just the standard defensive rating.
Defence: *****(*)
Mobility: **
Extra Equipment: Armour repositioning system.
Price: 23000 credits

-Firebrand Armour MKII
Brief Description: taking away the armour repositioning system, and instead replacing it with a higher density armour in all places. What this make of the armour provides is overall resistance at the lack of flexibility.
Price: 23000 credits

-Firebrand Armour MKIII
Brief Description: This make of the Firebrand Armour offers something that lives up to it's namesake. Keeping with the higher armour density of the MKII variant, they added twin dual flamethrowers right on the bottom of each wrist on the armour. Mounted by an armoured fuel tank on the back, this system allows for two minutes of continuous usage. A nifty little trick when face with no other option or in the need to destroy some property.
Extra Equipment: Wrist mounted flamethrowers
Price: 27000 credits

R&D Armours:

Will be recorded as found.

Last edited by quakernuts on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

The Weapons of Pax

*Note: These aren't the only weapons in the RP, only those that are available in the beginning. More will be added as found.

* = worst
****** = Best
(Applies only to compare weapons in the same category)

Heavy Machine Guns

-Legion Heavy Machine Gun - One of the more infamous guns of Orion Limited, the Legion earned it’s nickname by it’s ability to put rounds down range in disturbing qualities, turning exposed stretches of land into veritable graveyards of the poor sods who happened to be on the receiving end of the Legion. Using a 5.56x45mm round, the Legion boasts multiple firing modes for the discerning and versatile gunman, including both belt fed firing for fixed positions, and magazines containing 50 5.56mm rounds for the more mobile heavy gunner.

Handling: **
Ammo Capacity: ***
Accuracy: **
Damage: ****
Range: **
Rate of Fire: ****
Price: 8000 credits

-Hellraiser - The Hellraiser is named for it's simple ability to, well, raise Hell. This weapon is not meant to be accurate, it is simply meant to be a suppressing fire weapon that can unload 100 rounds in a widefire pattern that will hit damn near everything in front of you. Good at keeping the enemy's head down while your teammates move up, or for simply holding a position. This weapon comes attached with a foregrip, but that is mainly to keep the kick of the weapon from making you throw the weapon backwards.

Handling: *
Ammo Capacity: ******
Damage: ***
Rate of Fire: *****
Price: 5000 credits

-Spearhead Heavy Machine Gun - A machine gun seen almost everywhere in the known galaxy. Known for it's pinpoint suppressive abilities and reliability, this is the weapon for the on-the-move heavy gunner. Recoil is kept down by a foregrip attached to the barrel, and a red dot sight allows for increased accuracy. While that is being said, it also has a lower rate of fire then the othe HMG's out there, and it's damage per round is also statistically lower. That being said, it doesn't take much to make someone duck when they hear the familiar sound of a heavy machine gun spewing out lead towards your face.

Handling: ***
Ammo Capacity: *****
Accuracy: ***
Damage: **
Rate of Fire: ***
Price: 6000 credits

Sniper Rifles

-Sky Rider Sniper Rifle - The Sky Rider is best known for it’s destabilizing and morale breaking effects on it’s victims in armed conflicts, riots or really in almost any situation it’s used. Commonly used by sniper’s aboard troop transports, the Sky Rider’s unique barrel design creates a distinctive crack in the air every time it’s fired, much akin to a lightning bolt or thunder crack. It uses a 7.62x51mm cartridge, and is semi-automatic, capable of dropping most targets with a single round. Legal modifications can be made to upgrade the Sky Rider into an anti-material rifle, boasting a .50caliber round. This variant is know as the Sky Tremor, as the increased power of the rifle amplifies it’s distinctive crack into an ear splitting boom and explosion of dirt as the round impacts the earth.

Handling: ****
Accuracy: *****
Damage: *****
Range: ******
Rate of Fire: *

-Bloodeye - A distinctive name for a distinctive rifle. Somewhere in the middle of the spectrum of worst to best, this sniper rifle is meant for the soldier who sometimes can't stand being patient. Semi-automatic with no bolt action, it can be switched to a three round burst mode that, while reducing accuracy, propels the rounds at a faster speed allowing for an almost assault rifle like feel to the weapon. The name itself comes from the prototype stage when in development, a test run resulted with the weapon recoiling at an increased velocity and nearly took out the entirety of the man's eye. Carries a 20 round magazine.

Accuracy: ****
Range: *****

-Skeleton Rifle - The rifle with the deserving name, that being that it's the bare bones sniper rifle. There is nothing spectacular about this rifle, nothing added to it, it is simply what it is. A standard sniper rifle featuring standard rounds, standard zooming capabilities and a standard 5 round magazine. Perfect for the starting sniper or for someone down on their luck and trying to earn a living by spending as little as possible. There are no upgrades for this weapon.

Ammo Capacity: **
Accuracy: ****
Range: *****
Price: 7000 credits

Assault Rifles

-Trojan Assault Rifle - The Trojan AR earned it’s nickname for the deceptively simple design that makes the weapon appear like it’s weaker, less powerful sibling, the Spartan AR. Featuring a collapsible stock, and a mounting rail for scopes, the Trojan is a reliable AR in the hands of any seasoned soldier, although it’s power can sneak up on you if you’re not expecting it. Clips contain roughly 25-30 7.62mm rounds(the 30 round magazine is standard for the Spartan AR, and the Trojan is designed to take both styles of magazine). Capable of switching between semi-auto, two round burst, and fully automatic, the Trojan is an adaptive weapon for the adaptive soldier.

Range: ***
Rate of fire: ****
Price: 7500 credits

-Spartan Assault Rifle - The Spartan AR is Orion Limited’s most popular and reliable model. Simply put, the Spartan can a beating, and still deliver on any front. Numerous stress tests have confirmed the Spartan’s durability, and one of the more infamous is using the weapon as a bludgeon to kill a Kira, and still firing flawlessly afterwards. A minor top rail allows some basic scopes to be attached, and it boasts a 30 7.62mm round magazine. While it’s not as versatile as the Trojan, the Spartan is a must have for every beginner mercenary, and it’s reign as the most reliable and abundant AR in colonized space is unlikely to end anytime soon.

Price: 5000 credits

-Savant Assault Rifle - This weapon is named by the person who used it first. A man who had never held a weapon before in his life, forced to pick up the closest weapon to him, and fight for his life and family. As the story goes, he not only managed to defend his life, his family, and his home, but completely destroyed whatever invading force the story is talking about. This comes down from all the rumours and gossip you hear on Pax, so no one really knows the true story of the name of the weapon. The weapon itself comes with a 31 round clip, an underslung rail to attach a grenade launcher or shotgun, and an ACOG sight with standardized distance projection within the lens. While seeming to be higher up in the spectrum, the downside comes from the damage and rate of fire. Maximizing out at a three round burst, and not packing enough stopping power to really make anyone drop dead in their tracks, this is a weapon best used for someone who prefers accuracy to headshots rather than full blown spray and pray.

Range: ****
Price: 6500 credits

SMG's

-Masker SMG - The Masker is a curious little gun, something of a love child between a pistol and a heavy machine gun. Favourite of gunmen, enforcers and small police forces, the Masker does one thing, and it does that one thing incredibly well. Spray. Need to clear a room? Squeeze the trigger till it clicks, and chances are, everything living is now something dead. It’s clips boast a vicious 60 10mm rounds, and skilled shooters can reload the Masker in just under a second, leading to a very, very, very dangerous stream of unending fire. It’s nickname, one of the few not endorsed by Orion, comes from it’s unfortunate tendency to show up in robberies and murders, it’s users often masked to avoid facial recognition software.

Handling: *
Ammo Capacity; ***
Accuracy: *
Rate of Fire: *****
Price: 2000 credits

-Crossfire SMG - The Crossfire is a SMG that earned it's name during the war with the humans. Mainly employed by hired Kira mercenary bands on remote operations as their secondary weapon, it quickly proved that it was not only good at keeping the pressure up, but demoralizing the enemy as well. When firing, the weapon gives off a signature shrill sound that pierces the battlefield, creating a sense of danger the moment that one of these is heard. Having a 50 round clip, along with a speedy reload time and semi-decent handling ability, this weapon is best used dual wielded. A suppressive weapon that can hold an enemy in place long enough for a stronger weapon to flush them out.

Ammo Capicity: ***
Rate of Fire: ****
Price: 2500 credits

-Lyger SMG - Falling just short of falling into the assault rifle category, the Lyger SMG provides additional stopping fire at the cost of firing rate. The ammo capacity is diminished to a mere 40 rounds per clip, but still has the ability to be reloaded quickly as is standard with all SMG's. A laser sight attached to the underbarrel of the weapon provides additional accuracy at midrange, but is otherwise the same statistically as the other SMG's out there in the market today.

Ammo Capicity: ***
Accuracy: **(*)
Price: 2700 credits

Shotguns

-Breaker Heavy Shotgun - The Breaker HS is a relatively new weapon to the Orion weapon line, but it has earned it’s place thanks largely to the Syracuse Incident. A resource rich world, Syracuse is a vital supply point for countless neighbouring planets and systems, and almost all of it’s population work tirelessly to cultivate it’s seemingly limitless resources. The forced labour caused dissent, and eventually brewed to a head in which 97 percent of the planets population rose up against the few defenders it had. The planet was ‘liberated’ and quickly entrenched, massive networks of caves and mines being turned into veritable death traps for any who sought to deal with the rebels. Orion Limited, in a joint operation with Mirka’s Teeth, offered to clear out the rebels. Supplying Mirka’s Teeth with their new heavy shotgun, the company was content to sit back and watch. The Breaker infamously tore through every ambush without delay, shredding the rebels and breaking morale everywhere it went. Syracuse was ‘free’ within a week. Capable of switching between semi-auto, and fully automatic, the Breaker has seven rounds, magazine fed.

Range: *
Rate of Fire: **
Price: 6700 credits

-Chainshock - The Chainshock shotgun is one of the more common types of weapons out there for the lowly gang member to have. Not overly powerful, yet reliable and cheap ammunition. Similiar in design to a sawed off shotgun from Earth's past, this weapon fires off two 20 gauge shells at the same time through a shortened barrel. Only useful in close range, as a shotgun should be, the difference between the sawed off and Chainshock shotguns is the fact that the Chainshock has enough room for two shots instead of one before reload must occur. Most often seen dual wielded by the gangs of Pax, it is a reliable weapon with the ability to deal a large amount of damage in a short amount of time.

Ammo Capacity: *
Accuracy: *
Range: *
Rate of fire: ***
Price: 6000 credits

-Rift Shotgun - The Rift shotgun is good for one thing; ripping holes in your enemies. The 8 shells that make up the magazine of this weapon are packed more tightly together than that of your standard shotgun. What this delivers is an increased recoil with increased damage due to the lack of spread from this shotgun. Longer ranges will result in greater spread, as to be expected, but at close range this weapon is capable of ripping holes through anyone that would stand in your way.

Damage: *****
Price: 8800 credits

Heavy Weapons

-Killzone Rocket Launcher - Given an obvious name, this heavy weapon is your standard shoulder mounted explosive device. Capable of delivering a small anti-tank missile upwards to 50 yards accurately, it is one of the more reliable, if somewhat underpowered answer to when an armoured vehicle or heavy armour soldier walks into your line of fire. Has a small effective kill radius, but better overall piercing damage. Must be reloaded after every launch.

Ammo Capacity: *
Damage: **** (Anti- armour)

-Pulse Weapon - A weapon with no real name given to it by humans. This device, while looking simple, is quite complex. Using a backpack to harness energy, the user must hoist a two handed weapon from the hip, and fire a blue ball of pure energy into the crowd. From there, once the ball connects with any kind of surface, explodes outwards up to five feet in every direction. If it connects with a person, that person is obliterated. The resulting explosion is most often non-lethal, as the energy is expended in order to propel itself outwards. Used as a morale killer and dispersal weapon, the Pulse Weapon prides itself on being able to break up groups of enemies in just a single shot. While this weapon doesn't necessarily have a clip, at full charge allows the user to shoot five balls of energy. A standard one minute waiting time is needed in order to harness enough energy for another shot.

Damage: ** (Instant kill if hit dead on)

-Torch Bearer - If you couldn't guess by the name, this is your heavy duty flamethrower. having a duel tank system on the back filled with red hot plasma instead of gasoline, this weapon burns five times hotter than your standardized flamethrower and can melt metal if given enough time. If used continually, has enough plasma to sustain the user for three minutes. Be forewarned that the range of this weapon, due to the heavy nature of the plasma, is shorter than your standard flamethrower. Burns to the user are a possibility, and therefore the wielder must make sure they are adequately protected from the scorching flames.

Damage: *** (Possibility to melt metal)
Rate of Fire: ******
Price: 12500 credits

Pistols

-Neraxis Pistol - A pistol where a main weapon may not be needed. Firing heavy caliber rounds at a slower pace than your standard side arm, this little piece of work is capable of punching through light armour with ease. Though the capacity is topped out at 6 rounds per clip, and the rate of fire isn't as high as you would like, this is still a viable choice for mercenaries everywhere when you run out of options.

Price: 1500 credits

-Tusken Pistol - Your standard sidearm for most private security forces. All of it's stats are roughly average, given to a weapon that is reliable but not necessarily that powerful. A 12 round clip ensures enough bullets are readily available, but this is the weapon to be using against unarmored opponents, or when no other options are left to the wielder. Comes equipped with a silencer, allowing an infilitrator or an assassin to use it without fear of being noticed among a crowd of enemies.

Damage: *
Price: 1000 credits

-Javaskar - The Javaskar is short of being classed an SMG, but has nearly the rate of fire of one. Sporting a 15 round clip that spews bullets as if it was confetti at a birthday party, this secondary weapon allows the user to fill the air with many, if somewhat less effective, bullets. It got it's name from the use on a prison world run by the Aradar, where a riot broke out and Orion Corporation was hired to bring in it's new, at the time, pistol that was fresh off the production line. After using the weapon to quickly quell the uprising from the restless prisoners, it was deemed that the weapon itself would be named after the prison planet of Javaskar.

Damage: *
Rate of fire: ****
Price: 1250 credits

Experimental Weapons

Will be added as found.

Last edited by quakernuts on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Bionics

Let's get one thing straight. Bionics are not quite as you would expect them to be. For one, they don't allow the average person to have super strength, and can not stand up to sustained ballistic fire. They are made for the sole purpose of replacing ones limbs. Standard strength, resistance, endurance, etc. That being said, there are a few out there that allow you to give these rules a backhand and make yourself into a superman. The catch? They're illegal, controlled solely by the GDF and it's soldiers. Men and women who have proven themselves through the trial of fire earn their right to get an upgraded bionic limb should they ever lose one of their own.

Now word has it that there are black market dealers that will make you one of these limbs for quite a tidy sum. There methods are...unorthodox to say the least, and you are never guaranteed that the limb will work as advertised. Where these guys go completely off the rails from the military is in their research on experimental bionic and nanotech creations. These guys aren't set by a code of ethics or laws, and anything is game to them. These creations of theirs can range from increasing someone's strength through neural fibres built into the muscle underneath the skin to completely outlawed brain bionic upgrades. All of these are dangerous, and require testing through a live subject, most often a slave.

So, you are allowed to have regular bionics as you see fit, seeing as they'll do nothing but allow you the use of your limb again. No military or experimental bionics UNLESS you contact me and have a damn good story for it being attached to your body. I expect a fully fleshed out story and reasoning behind why your character would have it coming into this mercenary group.

That is all.

Last edited by quakernuts on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Gangs of Pax

*Note: These are simply the biggest players on the station, there are many smaller gangs that are simply too insignificant to take notice of.

Gang Name: Toxix ('Toxies')

Gang Leader: Jask "Poison" Lyger

Gang Leader Bio: Poison is a man who you simply don't want to meet. He is cruel beyond all reasoning, and is not only able to live with the acts he commits, but is able to reason away why he does them. Born in the Gas Chamber, Jask has never known what it was like to breathe without a rebreather on his face. As he grew up, his parents nothing but drug fiends, his friends nothing but criminals, and the police force nothing but corporate muscle, his anger started to boil. He started small, gathering only his closest friends and making small time crime in order to get by. Stealing, pick-pocketing, vandalism, anything you would associate with kids in crime. As Jask and his crew grew older, they managed to gather some followers, and stepped up their game. They started raiding corporate buildings whenever they could, would single out anyone that wasn't one of theirs and either kill them or force them into the gang. Along with this, Jask decided they get serious with their weapons. He started having his boys find or make weapons out of anything, and before long, he had strong gang that was loaded with one type of weapon or another. He named them Toxix, and set out trying to force their way out of the Gas Chamber, and he's not looking to make friends.

Standout Feature: Often members skin is blotchy and discoloured in most places. They are almost entirely humans, and are always seen with either a small rebreather around their mouth and nose, or a full face mask that looks akin to a bug. Along with this, they are also highly resistant to pain, the pollution altering their very nerves to the point where they feel next to nothing. In other words, the only way they stop is to put them down for good.

Base of Operations: A heavily polluted and desolate in the eastern section of the Pit known commonly as the 'Gas Chamber'. Pollution is so thick that to enter without a rebreather or some sort of breathing apparatus is complete and total suicide. Buildings of this section tend to be less stable than anywhere else on Pax, and thus the Toxix gang have moved their hideout underground where it is protected from the worst of the pollution along with protection from the hazardous buildings. The current location is unknown.

Gear: Toxix are not well armed, sticking mainly to small arms and using anything as a melee weapon. Anything from knives to iron bars to pieces of wood. Anything and everything can be used as a weapon to them.

Gang Mentality: They are all ruthless killers, whether from choice, or forced into the position. They will all kill anyone without mercy, and do anything they need to in order to free themselves from their home. There are rumours that the pollution has affected their minds, making them more feral or tribal, but one hasn't been alive or captured long enough to test this theory.

Current Allies: None
Current Enemies: Everyone

Gang Name: The Hopeful (Members commonly referred to as 'Hoppies')

Gang Leader: Dr. Triss Harold

Gang Leader Bio: Rumour has it that Triss came from the Oracle. Her training as a doctor and her attitude towards everyone and everything seemingly too caring to have come from anywhere else. Truth be told, no one knows where exactly Triss came from, only that she appeared a few years back with nothing but a lab coat, medical supplies, and a lot of money. She quickly set herself up, hiring a small army of mercenaries to protect her, and set up shop in an abandoned clinic down in the Pit. She used these mercenaries to ward off any would-be attackers while she restored the clinic to working condition, and started taking in the wounded from the streets, fixing them up, and shipping them back out without the wounded dishing out a single cent. Soon, the mercenaries were either let go, or joined up with Triss out of their own will, protecting her and her clinic for free. A lot of people she has helped have also joined up with her, and have quickly turned the Clinic into not only a place of healing, but a heavily armed fortress. Guards loaded with automatic weapons patrol the roof and the doors around the building. The Clinic, renamed to 'The Hopeful' giving the group of people their name as well. With this being said, they have also put a giant bullseye on their backs from those less than moral gangs that would steal her supplies for their own personal use. The Hopefuls have had to fend off more than one attack on their building, but have never tried to gain any territory for themselves. Triss limits her contact to the outside to that of her patients, never dealing with anyone that isn't either injured or part of their gang. Kind, caring, and totally devoted to helping all within her power.

Jonathan Letter: Triss's second in command. Jon heads up the military aspect of the Hopefuls, and is one of the mercenaries that joined up with Triss for nothing. He is devoted to the cause that Triss is trying to promote, but has a slightly twisted way of looking on it. The way he sees it, they shouldn't be trying save everyone, only those worth saving. The good, the poor, and the oppressed. When she takes in a gang member, more than one lengthy arguments have been had at the end of the operation. Jonathan takes care of the clinic's defences, along with being the sheriff inside the building, having to deal with patients who decide they either want out before they are ready, or think they can steal supplies from the Hopefuls. Jonathan also deals with all contact with outsiders. He has been known to hire mercenaries to deal with certain gang members who pose a threat to the clinic. This has been a hot topic between Jon and Triss for as long as they can remember, but in the end, Triss lets him do it. Understanding he is doing what he can to protect the Clinic. Jonathan is a hard man with a soft interior. He comes across as rude, crude, angry, and sometimes violent, but in the end, he is doing what he believes is right, and helping those he can.

Standout Feature: Most guards of the Hopefuls are armed quite well, often with assault rifles and full body armour supplied by Triss. This being said, they are one of the few gangs in Pax who willingly take in people to their territory, although they are very watchful of all new comers.

Base of Operations: A fairly large clinic in what could pass as the nicest part of the Pit. Heavily fortified and guarded, but completely in the open for everyone to see.

Gear: The mercenaries that joined with Triss are all armed with their own assortment of weapons and armour, although the most common being assault rifles and full body armour. Non-mercs who are posing as guards are often loaded with vests and sub-machine guns.

Gang Mentality: Definitely one of the friendlier gangs in all of Pax. They actively search for people in trouble, and are often dragging wounded back to the clinic. They fight only when they have to, but when they do, they will fight with such utter devotion that morale-breaking devices are often completely ineffective. Everyone that is in the Hopefuls is there of their own accord, and thus believe completely in what Triss is doing. They do not fire unless either fired upon, or believe that they are about to be attacked. A risky business when dealing with the underground of Pax, but few of the guards complain.

Current Allies: Med-X
Current enemies: Toxix, Hard Heads, Bomb Squad

Gang Name: Hard Heads

Gang Leader: "Head Master"

Gang Leader Bio: Head Master threw away his real name when he took over the gang from the last Head Master. This man has happened to be leader for the past five years now, and he is filled with a wisdom you would not expect from a gang leader. He has his cruelty, his hostility, and his uncaring side to him, but his knowledge of damn near everything is somewhat of a question for everyone else around the Pit. How does he have so much knowledge on the workings of not only Pax, but the surrounding galaxy? Rumour has it that he has moles in the highest corporations, but nothing has been proven thus far. Head Master has also been known to head out on missions with his men, taking the danger on head first while most other gang leaders hide behind an army of henchmen. Head Master has a weird sense of honour. He is not above putting a bullet in someone's back, but only if they were in the middle of a fight, or about to start a fight. While he doesn't kill women personally, this can not be said for the rest of his gang, which he doesn't care if they do or don't. He is a complicated person, often coming across as a wise old man, and then five minutes later, like a violent psychopath. He is not to be underestimated, and unlike the rest of the gang leaders, has earned his position through trials of fire.

Standout Feature: Out of all of the gangs in the entire Pit, Hard Heads have to be the strongest physically. Even their lowly recruits are giant slabs of muscle, and as such, are often too large to wear most full body armour. Their numbers are low due to the extreme physical requirements, but each and every member is equal to at least three men in strength. Along with this, they are a completely male based gang, not sporting a single woman among their number.

Base of Operations: The Hard heads are based on the opposite side of the Toxix gang, on the western side of the Pit. This section of the Pit is filled with all sorts of factories, and the workers are often going eighteen hours at a time doing very hard and straining physical labour. This has produced what has become the status quo for the Hard Heads. Currently they have stolen a factory from one of the main corporations, and use it to base themselves out of. Along with this, they also have the machinery to produce anything from weapons to vehicles in this one factory, and each of them is filled with the knowledge of how to do so from their labours.

Gear: Most of the Hard Heads use either shotguns or some sort of blade, long and sharp. While swords are out of date, these weapons are infused with a miniature version of a incinerator. Shaped like grenade, and installed into the hilt of the sword with cords running through the edges of the blades, when turned on, sends heat travelling along said cords. These generate enough heat to slice through most body armour with ease.

Gang Mentality: The Hard Heads are mainly a mission based group. They don't go out and create havoc for the simple cause of creating havoc, but rather have specific goals whenever they move out of their territory. While they are completely without remorse when they move, if you stay out of their way, they see no reason to spend energy killing you. If you are in their way, only one of you is walking out of there alive. They are hardened, they are remorseless, and they are to be avoided if they are seen out of their territory.

Current Allies: Bomb Squad
Current Enemies: Toxix, The Hopeful's

Gang Name: Bomb Squad
Gang Leader: Tyler Pontain

Gang Leader Bio: Tyler Pontain used to be part of a company based security detail, being paid to watch over a series of warehouses down in the pit, make sure that the cargo remained in the hands of his respective corporation. What they didn't plan ahead was just the amount of greed within one of their own security detail. Tyler, along with a couple other corrupt security members planned the raid, executed it perfectly, and managed to make off with enough explosives to destroy Pax three times over. With this, he and his fellow robbers managed to escape from the warehouses, and set up shop in a occupied hotel building, which ended up being unoccupied by the time they moved in. They quickly set up a perimeter using the explosives they had managed to grab, and had them an effective killzone that only they knew how to get in or out. Tyler took over the lead, with his five other original members making up his inner circle. Tyler quickly took to taking the book-keeping sort of role, giving his inner circle the go ahead on anything they wanted to do. These members decided that the best way to ensure loyalty was to not give their members a choice. Fastening several dozen explosives into collars, they snuck out during the night cycle, and stole anyone who looked like he or she could fight. By fastening these collars to their necks, therefore ensuring that if they ever ran away, or tried to fight back, all the inner circle needed to do was push a button to cut them short. Tyler keeps a public presence among the Pit, but for most of the grunt work and leadership among the slaves, he leaves to his inner circle.

Harry Westlie: A complete and utter hard ass. He only cares for the slaves like a carpenter cares for his tools. You don't go out of your way to harm them, as they don't work when they are broken, but are still replaceable. He is an asshole, plain and simple.

Lisa Truegold: A bitch hiding under the skin of an innocent girl. She has the looks to pull off the 'I didn't do it' face, but when it comes down to it, if she's talking to you, it's because she wants something. Be it equipment, or your life. She is used as an assassin among the gang because of her deceiving looks. Chances are if you see her and you're not part of the Bomb Squad, she's there to kill you.

Larry Jurard: Out of the entire circle, Larry is probably the easiest to talk to, but that ain't saying much. He would rather shoot you than talk to you, but he manages to keep a rational head more often than any of the others save Tyler. He's in charge of any outsider contact, specifically supplies or informants.

Nick Mararder: This is probably the coldest man you will ever meet. He never talks, or at least, no one outside of the inner circle has heard him talk. He shoots people for looking at him wrong, he detonates the collars of slaves to set examples. He is in charge of base defence, and full blown assaults. If you see this man, have your gun in your hand and aimed, for he will already be shooting at you.

Standout Feature: The entirety of the Bomb Squad is made up of slaves, and since there is no form of authority in the Pit, there is no one to stop them from increasing their number from among the innocent. Each one is strapped with a bomb collar, and it has been known for their collars to explode when one of the inner circle believes it will do more damage.

Base of Operations: A Hotel in fairly decent condition. Signs along with a makeshift fence surround the building warning people away from the site. This is not because they fear the death of innocents, but rather the unnecessary use of their explosives. Three stories tall and filled to the brim with expendable slaves.

Gear: Almost all the slaves are loaded with Killswitch grenades. Standard frag grenades that come with a killswitch to avoid slaves throwing them at unwanted targets. This being said, they have slightly longer detonation times. Other than that, the slaves are thrown out there without armour, with only a few grenades, and most often with make shift melee weapons such as metal pipes or sharpened pieces of wood. The inner circle is armed to the teeth with full body armour, helmets, and grenade launchers along with an assortment of other explosives. Each one is their own army in their own right.

Gang Mentality: The majority of the Bomb Squad are simply innocent people who are forced to do something they don't want to do. This being said, they are easily morally broken, and often try to swarm their enemies rather than use any sort of tactics. Most of the time, the inner circle will send out parties for the sole purpose of satisfying their urge to see someone die. The inner circle themselves often don't show until they actually need something done. If you see anyone of them, then chances are they have a set goal in mind.

Current Allies: Hard Heads
Current Enemies: Toxix, The Hopefuls

Gang Name: Bottom Dwellers
Gang Leader: Isaac "Crutch" True

Gang Leader Bio: Crutch was born and raised in the very bottom of Pax, what is known to people in the Pit as the "Wasteland". Here, he was constantly among the radioactive waste that was flushed down to the bottom to be ejected into space by the high and mighty corporations. It was through this that the people of the Wasteland started mutating, some for the better, some for the worse. Crutch himself, at the tender age of twelve, had his back begin to start warping on him, making him appear as if he was an old man of 90 rather than a twelve year old. Along with this, his veins along his arms, legs, and face, started glowing a dull green, and his body got incredibly muscular quickly. At the age of 20, He was 6'2, hunched over, and built like an ogre. He was one of the luckier ones, some kids having been born without eyes, limbs, or internal organs. Others having been born with multiples of those parts. Even more so who were altered as life went on. There are reports of even men and aliens down in the wasteland who could see in the dark, eat and drink poison without any ill effects, or be completely immune to any sort of pain. Crutch formed his gang once he was old enough, and had gained enough popularity among the rest of the wastelanders. Truth be told though, he wasn't in this to gain territory, to create havoc, or anything really associated with gangs. He was in this strictly for survival, but unfortunately that meant stepping on some toes. He made the Bottom Dwellers one of the very few pacifist gangs in the area, or what could pass as pacifist on Pax anyways. They never kill, or even harm anyone unless their very life depends on it, but they do steal and cheat anything and everything away from everyone. Using the sewers and underground network, they have set themselves up as thieves and informants.

Standout Features: All Dwellers are altered in some form or another. The luckiest getting off with simple weird eye colours, while others can barely move. While Dwellers are one of the few gangs who are multi-racial, it is often hard to tell the aliens apart from the humans due to mutations. Along with this, they are also very rarely armed with any sort of weapon, preferring flight over fight in every situation if they can help it.

Base of Operations: Due to the nature of the Wasteland, the Dwellers are not restricted to a single building or block for them to base themselves out of. The entirety of the Wasteland is theirs, none of the gangs or corporations wanting it due to the radioactivity and toxic waste. Roughly twenty blocks of territory is theirs, along with it's own main gate to prevent the leak of toxic waste reaching the rest of Pax.

Gear: The Dwellers are very lowly equipped, most not even carrying handguns or knives. Instead, they rely more on communications gear to keep in touch, and are often seen with wrist-mounted PCD's (Personal Communication Device) so they can easily talk to each other.

Gang Mentality: These Dwellers are not violent, nor are they angry or jealous in any sort of way. Each one accepts what has become of them, and has accepted the feeling of family that Crutch has been able to introduce to them. They are pacifist by nature, avoiding fights where they can, and they try to stick to what is their version of the 'law'. They will work for anyone, gather information for anyone, but never will they hurt anyone for anything. This rule has been spread throughout the gang, and the only time you will see one of them fight is when they have absolutely no choice.

Current Allies: None
Current Enemies: Toxix

Last edited by quakernuts on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Base of Operations

Black Dawn OOC (Closed) Wareho10

Warehouse:

The biggest of the three bases currently available to you. A little bit of a mess, but nothing that hard work can't clear up. Chances are there are some bits of equipment worth saving. The building will allow space between you and your fellow mercenaries, offering valuable 'me' time when tensions run high. Along with this, it has a separate holding area for two vehicles, once you have the money to buy them. Out of all the bases, this is the one that has the most to offer space and equipment wise, but it does have some downfalls. Upgrades are more specialized towards equipment upgrades, and as such, have the highest equipment upgrades money can buy.

One of them is the fact that this building would stand out once it was operational, making it a target for any gang thinking there was something worth stealing in it. Along with this, it is placed just a few short blocks from Toxix territory, making it even more prone to attack. An attack on this building would be almost even, at least at the beginning. Cover would be available to both sides in equal measure, and valuable equipment could be lost when repelling any attackers. Along with this, it is the most expensive Base of Operations to buy, and would deplete your initial reserves. For the mercenary who prefers everything to be loud and proud.

Pros:
+Largest space available
+Room for two vehicles and related equipment
+Salvageable equipment
+Plenty of cover in chance of attack
+Specialized equipment upgrades

Cons:
-Noticeable
-Placed on edge of Toxix territory
-Plenty of cover for assaulting gangs
-Expensive

Current Upgrades:
None

Last edited by quakernuts on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Vehicles and Base Upgrades

Under Construction

Last edited by quakernuts on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Mission List

Mission 1: Enforce merchant's hold on the area.

Parameters: Hired by a human woman by the name of Lila Tileed, we are asked to perform a necessary extortion, threat, and if necessary, murder in order to solidify her hold in the small area of the Pit. The man in question is a Nuro'Tai by the name of Kil'heen Hera'sten. If possible, do not kill him, but if provoked, his death is allowed. He has two bodyguards that will need to be taken care of in order for the extortion to be a success. Let's get it done.

Expected Resistance: Low

Reward(s): 2000 credits

Individual Gain: 325 credits

Last edited by quakernuts on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Character Sheet

*Note: When you post your CS, I will send you a PM with the amount of starting currency you will recieve. From there, you can pick your armour and weapons.

*Note #2: I will accept Kira, Nuro'tai, or Boros applications, but there is a limit to one of each race. Therer will be no Aradar applications because of their higher up place in the galaxy.

General Information:
Name:
Sex:
Ethnicity:
Speciality:

General Appearance:
Picture(Optional):
Height:
Weight:
Skin tone:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:
Hair Style:
Facial Hair:

Face Structure:
General:
Standout Features:

Piercing(s): (If none, omit from sheet)
-Left ear:
-Right ear:
-Face:

Tattoo(s): (If none, omit from sheet)
-Face:
-Arms:
-Chest:
-Back:
-Legs:

Scar(s): (If none, omit from sheet)
Face:
Torso:
Arms:
Legs:

Common Clothing:
- Head:
- Torso:
- Legs/Feet:

Weapon(s) and Armour:
*Please wait until Credits have been handed out
(Small melee weapons are permitted)

Miscellaneous Gear: (Add whatever you like, so long as it's believable.)

Personality:

Background (The more descriptive the better):

Starting Currency: (Will be given)

Last edited by quakernuts on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 pm

reserved
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:08 pm

General Information:
Name: Vincent Kestral
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Home Planet/Station: Human Colony planet named Astral
Speciality: Leadership, minor explosives, hand to hand combat, sharpshooting.

General Appearance:
Picture(Optional):
Black Dawn OOC (Closed) Mercen10
Height: 6'3 ft.
Weight: 192 lbs
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black with premature Grey streaks
Hair Style: Loose and slightly long
Facial Hair: 5 o'clock shadow

Face Structure:
General: Sharp edges, pronounced bone ridges.
Standout Features: Pronounced jaw line.

Tattoo(s):
-Arms: Black Tribal tattoos on both forearms.

Scar(s):
Face: Large healed scar across his right eye.
Legs: Slightly healed bullet wound scar on his left leg.

Common Clothing:
-Torso: T-shirt of any colour with light, grey body armour underneath at all times. A brown vest is worn over top.
-Legs/Feet: Loose cargo pants of any colour, and black work boots on his feet.

Weapon(s) and Armour:
-Bloodeye Sniper Rifle
-Tusken Pistol
-9" Combat Blade
-Hyperion Armour MKI

Miscellaneous Gear:
-PCD (Personal Communication Device attached to the wrist)
+Backpack
-Several rations
-Credit Token (similiar to a debit card)
-Extra Clothing
-Weapon Cleaning Kit

Personality:
Vincent is pretty laid back for someone who's had a gun in his hand since he was sixteen. His attitude is that if it doesn't mess with the general order of things, then it doesn't need to be fixed. That being said, if something does need fixing, he does it quite bluntly and directly. If someone is creating a problem, it's solved either through harsh words or a bullet to the brain. He's callous and often times cold. He is not one for you to cry on his shoulder, but is one to talk to if you need a logical solution to a problem. He thinks things through, and he makes sure that everyone understands what he is thinking.

On the up side, he is not above placing his life on the line for someone who he either believes will be an asset, or is a friend. Friendship to him is someone who can hold their own, and tries to solve their own problems. Friendship to Vincent is someone who he can not only rely upon to share a foxhole with, but someone who he can actually stand to be near. His jokes are dark, his attitude is grim, and his head is always running with plans, ideas, and strategies. He's a leader, if somewhat the ruthless kind. He has his soft spots just like everyone else, but they are few and far between. Do not make him angry, because he doesn't enter a firey rage, he enters a freezing clarity. You are worth nothing to him if you aren't useful, and that is his main pet peeve. You make yourself useful to him and the group, or consider yourself dead already.

Background:
Vincent has been fighting and killing since he was about 16 years old. Born into a family that didn't give a shit with an uncle who was on the darker side of the law, you can almost see exactly where this spiralled to. His uncle started raising him when his parents became too fried on drugs and alcohol to do anything other than drool in a gun. By the time he had reached his teens, he knew several fighting techniques and how to clean and maintain several weapons. It wasn't until he was actually 16 when he started getting a glimpes as to what his uncle really did.

His uncle, Isaac Kestral, was a freelance mercenary with absolutely no conscience what so ever. He did exactly what he was paid to do, even if it asked him to do something incredibly unethical. This was the mindset that Vincent was taught to adopt, and as he started joining his uncle on some of the lower end jobs, he proved that he had not only learned it, but excelled at it. He became cold, calculating, and unrelentless. If he was paid to do something, he did it, no matter what got in his way. Over the years, he joined his uncle in his mercenary group of four men, and they travelled throughout the universe, stopping at the seedier places of the galaxy in order to obtain contracts that got them through in life. It wasn't until the start of the war that they started hitting the big time.

War is like hitting a gold mine for a merc. There was never a shortage of contracts anywhere in human controlled space. Vincent and his uncle did anything from simple reconnaissance to assissnations of high ranking generals. They lost a good few men, and were constantly having to hire more help to replace the dead, but throughout the entire war, Vincent and his uncle got away with just a few scars and legendary tales. After the war, when Earth was destroyed and the men who could care less were sitting at a bar table in some backwater colony on the fringes of space, they were finally thinking of a vacation. They had been this for nearly fifteen years, and were ready to kick back and enjoy what they had earned.

Things are never that simple though, and happy endings are a rarity that seem to only happen in fairy tales. On one of the inner colony worlds, dressed as tourists and actually planning to be one, they were approached by members of the GDF. They held their cool, but despite some impressive acting that they were never part of the Human Navy, they were brought in for questioning. Despite what they say in the vids, where the GDF is a fair and unbaised Galactic Defence Force, they aren't. Vince and Isaac went through weeks of torture for the simple sake of inflicting pain. Through a miracle in the form of an overconfident Kira, Vincent managed to pick the key off of the man as he was walking away. Making his way through the halls as quietly as he could, he found the cell where his uncle was being held. Long story short, the old man's body finally caught up to him as he was found lifeless in his cell. The torture that had been inflicted on him was too much, and he had finally broke. There was no oath of revenge from Vincent, no tears were shed, and nothing was done to take the body with him. Vincent closed the door, and used the training that the man in the cell had taught him over the years. Several dead guards and a stolen transport later, and Vincent was on his own floating ominously through space.

Several years later and Vincent had rejoined the mercenary market. He bounced from group to group, some he left peacefully, others were left in a firey dispute with rockets and machine guns. Needless to say, Vincent's attitude on fighting changed slightly the day he lost his uncle. He no longer blindly followed orders, making to understand what was going on first. He also made sure that no one held any authority over him. The groups that he joined, he quickly made sure that he was there because he wanted to be, not because they were ordering him to be. He never once wept a single tear, nor did he ever seek vengeance against the GDF. That was a quick way to get yourself killed, either one.

After the lynchings of the human military were over, and some semblance of peace had returned to the galaxy, that was when Vincent decided it would be safe to start striking out on his own. All this time of hiding under another name, another face, another group, it was starting to wear down on him. He realized though, that he couldn't simply pick the best of the best recruiting grounds for his group, that would draw too much attention. What he needed was a place that breeded the kind of people he needed, but was too much of a problem to constantly look over. He needed a place that had access to weapons, armour, vehicles, and possible hideouts. He needed a place that constantly had a use for the likes of him, where the main currency was blood.

So he flew to Pax, a station in the middle ground of two systems. It was a piss hole, filled with so many disgusting creatures, diseases, and crime that it could have beaten the tally of two systems put together. Here, he picked his claim because of the absolutely perfect breeding ground. Trade from the neighboring systems, not to mention the fact that quite a few large companies had staked their claim on Pax fit his bill instantly. He arrived by a small shuttle, and quickly made his way to the Pit, the worst of the worst for Pax. There, he set up a small shop, and put out the word that he was recruiting. People here didn't care about your reputation, so long as you had credits to shell out when needed. So he sat down with the credits that he had amassed over the years and waited, knowing the one way or another, he was going to make a living on this piece of shit station.

Credits: 200,000 credits

Last edited by quakernuts on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:04 pm

General Information:
Name: Khymera
Home Planet/Station: Earth
Profession: Veteran Mercenary
Specialty: Close Quarters Combat, Breaching, Non-conventional entry points, Armour Maintenance.

General Appearance:
Height: 5’7
Weight: 147lbs
Skin tone: Pale
Eye Colour: Organic Left Eye - Gold
Bionic Right Eye - Black
Hair Colour: Dark Red with flecks of grey beginning to show
Hair Style: Short Mohawk
Facial Hair: Five’o’clock shadow with flecks of grey

Face Structure:
General: Thick nose, strong jaw and chin. Furrowed brow, small eyes. Thin lips.
Standout Features: Several scars around the right eye, various sizes and directions, but all cut scars.
Piercing(s): None

Tattoo(s): Khy has one tattoo, and it covers most of his body. The center piece of his ‘mural’ is Yggdrasil, the world tree of Norse Myth. Its branches and roots spread across his arms and legs, connecting the numerous scenes depicted on his body. The first is on his back, depicting the twilight of the gods, or Ragnarok. On either side of the trunk, it depicts Odin locked in battle with the great Fenrir wolf, while Thor battles against the Migard Serpent. Just above his tailbone, on the trunk, lies Loki’s fate, a serpent forever pouring venom onto his face. On his chest, the trunk is surrounded by a legion of distinctly unique Nidhogg, with the cold eyes of Hel staring out from the center of the trunk. Following the branches down his right arm, it soon sprouts into an image of the blackened throne of Hel, with the ruler herself in all her dark glory. A surprising amount of detail is used on the dark goddess, and while Khymera admits to having a ‘sexier’ version of her done on his arm, it barely detracts from the tattoo. Opposite Hel on the left arm, A Valkyrie clad in glistening black drags a dying man into a black portal, the warriors around them oblivious to his plight. As the roots stretch down his legs, the left shows the golden bridge to Hel, Modgud, passing over the river Gjoll, with looming towers of black hanging overhead. The right displays the tortured god Balder bound in torment by frozen chains, thousands of blackened hands gripping at his skin. The grand ‘mural’ has no breaks as it flows across Khy’s frame, any spaces expertly filled with tortured souls and black armoured warriors of old. The tattoo is so extensive; the only actual skin seen on Khymera’s body is on his head and parts of his neck, hands, and feet. Everything else is covered in ink.

Common Clothing:
- Torso: Long sleeve black shirt
- Arms/Hands: Fingerless black gloves.
- Legs/Feet: Battered black jeans, worn combat boots.

Weapons and Armour:
-Lyger SMG
-Lyger SMG
-Sierra Armour MKI

Miscellaneous Gear:
-PCD
+Messenger Bag
-Breather mask
-Credit token
-Sketch Pad
-Pens and Pencils
-Several rations
-Spare clothes

Personality: A veteran of countless conflicts and contracts, Khy carries himself with the subtle confidence of a professional mercenary. That being said, he’s a bit of an odd one, no matter how you really slice it. He rarely lacks a tiny little grin, as if he finds something about life perpetually amusing, and it’s quite the feat if you actually manage to knock it off his face. In his youth, Khy was wild and unpredictable, and in some ways, he’s still very much the hellion from the old days, but now it’s tempered with experience and clarity that comes from a lifetime of being paid to do bad shit.

Khymera enjoys solitude, but has a natural craving for interaction that often drives him to chat idly even in the strangest of situations. If you need someone to talk to, he’ll listen somewhat, but his advice in regular matters is haphazard at best. In matters of survival, however, Khy is a sage, constantly analyzing a way to get himself out of a situation alive. Hopefully he’s including the entire team in his plans, but Khy has a habit of severing ties when the situation grows beyond salvaging, which has served him well in his years on Pax, but prevents lasting bonds with any potential friends. Working around his cut and run defences is difficult, but not impossible.

Strangest of his many quirks, Khy has a passion for art and it’s creation, and can get easily side-tracked when sketching or learning about famous works.

Background: Born to an infamous drug lord and one of his countless ‘harem’ girls, Khy was one of many children raised by the harem. Unfortunately, he was a boy, and thus his father made him part of what he affectionately called the ‘family’ business. In truth, his sons became his runners, delivering whatever their father needed to wherever it needed to go. The assignments came slowly at first…and the boys did their best to complete them. At the urging of his mother, Khymera strove to be fastest, and the best. He ran his hardest, no matter how it hurt, no matter how much his lungs burned.

And when they turned ten, the game gained a new rule. As the last of the runners returned, their father rose from his seat, drew his pistol, and promptly shot the last one in dead. The assignments picked up speed, growing more and more challenging with each passing trial, and after each, another body was tossed into the mass grave dug especially for them. Over two years, Khy survived were his brothers failed, enduring ever possible hardship, and managing to rise above. The grave was closed four days before he turned 13, 19 bodies of various decay entombed forever beneath cold earth. His father was ‘proud’ to call him his son, and the boy earned his place.

He was trained, taught to be stealthy, lethal, and fast. Every strike, step, and dodge needed to carry him forward, onwards towards whatever goal had been set by the whims of his tyrannical father. Life was brutal, and every day blended more and more into one as the years slipped by.

When suddenly, it ended. Raiding a ship owned by Earth‘s military forces, Khymera accidentally tripped an alarm, and found himself thrown into a prison cell covered in bruises. He was tortured, systematically beaten every single day, as they demanded to know who sent him, and what his target was. His tongue never slipped, and his silence caught the higher ups attention.

A general spoke to him personally, praising the young man for his refusal to betray his employers, and noting how rare a trait that was to find in men these days. It would be a waste to simply execute Khy for his actions against the military, and since Khymera was clearly a capable young man with a unique set of skills, perhaps they could reach an accord. Sign on as a private contractor for the military, and enjoy a set of benefits his current employers could never hope to, or keep his secrets and die for the man who sent him into this death trap. It came as little surprise that Khymera promptly took the offer, and agreed to feed the military bits of information on his former employer periodically during his contract with them.

Placed in a unsanctioned black ops unit comprised solely of mercenaries, dubbed Khymera for it’s creation from various members of differing talents and lives, he took to his new work with the same feverish passion as those games in his youth. Lacking a true name, the members of his unit took to simply calling him Khy, after the units own name. It has largely stuck as Khy’s alias and name ever since. The unit handled the dirty work that the government didn’t want to involve itself in, but couldn’t afford to ignore. Up till the start of the war with the Kira, Khymera was sent into hotspots all through human territory, dealing with everything from simple escort work and information gathering, to assassination and suppressing rebellions. It was lucrative, and the work was easy enough.

When the war broke out, mercenaries became more and more popular as expendable assets, constantly sent to accomplish suicide missions vital to the war effort, but not worth the risk of the standing army. The unit was sent into more and more dangerous situations, and eventually, the veteran members began to die, replaced by skilled, but less talented mercenaries. As the conflict dragged on, the casualties mounted, and the unit was given orders for a massive hit on a Kira supply line. It was suicide, but foolish loyalty saw most of the squad commit without hesitation. Only Khymera and another mercenary, Diona Jezail, a veteran like Khy, chose to decline. The pair disappeared shortly from the base, before the military could take action against them. Slipping aboard civilian transports, they planet-hopped to the far edge of human space, opposite the Kira, and disappeared into civilized space. Their accounts drained, there was little direction for their wandering, but eventually they found themselves caught in the influx of humans to Pax. The two parted ways, knowing full well that the military had perished mostly with Earth and there was little to no threat of reprisal for their ‘abandonment’, but they hadn’t survived this long for being careless. Diona quickly joined up with the PMC Pariahs, whilst Khy remained on the field as a solo contractor, as he’d always been. They meet occasionally as all old friends do, but rarely do they discuss much other than work. Really, neither of them has much other than their work in life.

Khy has earned himself a small reputation and a reliable pool of contracts, contacts and suppliers who aren’t worried to spend a little cash for some extra help. While setbacks on some contracts have set him back from achieving true success in the market, Khy is unwilling, or incapable, of retiring from the increasingly competitive market of mercenaries on Pax, although the shift towards multiple mercenary teams means his time as a solo contractor is likely coming to an end.

Credits: (18099 starting) 699 current

Last edited by Guilty Carrion on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:44 pm

General Information:
Name: Rebecca Murphy
Sex: Female
Ethnicity: Mutated Human
Home Planet/Station: Pax
Profession: spy, information gatherer/scrounger/guide through the lower sewers and upper ducts

General Appearance:
Black Dawn OOC (Closed) Alien_by_solemnraven_tweaked_again
Height: 5 feet 8 inches
Weight: 103 lbs exceedingly thin and seemingly able to bend like a willow
Skin tone: pale, mottled green
Eye Color: milky white (extremely light sensitive)
Hair Color: black with streaks of blue and red
Hair Style: straight and long, left loose to hide her face

Face Structure:
General: triangular with a wide forehead and small chin, no discernible nostrils, ridge line straight down the length of her face.
Standout Features: enormous milky white eyes

Piercing(s):
-Left ear: three copper rings
-Right ear: one copper ring

Tattoo(s):
None

Scar(s):
Face: left eyebrow from an old piercing, right ear - 2 notches from earrings torn out
Arms: old cuts and scrapes from falls as a child
Legs: old cuts and scrapes from falls as a child

Common Clothing:
- Torso: old, faded black button-down shirt with a tear in the back and right shoulder
- Legs/Feet: ragged tan cargo pants too big for her and held up with an old military belt.
Combat boots a size too large and so worn, they have holes in the sides.

Weapon(s):
length of hollow copper plumbing pipe. Large pocket knife with screw-driver, bottle opener, file, scissors, etc.

Miscellaneous Gear:
3 crude flattened steel rods she uses as lock picks. A cobbled breathing mask for the more toxic areas of the Wasteland. A ruck sack with a PCD, pocket knife, copper pipe/cane, half a ration of food, a small canister of filtered water.

Personality:
Rebecca is, like most in the Bottom Dwellers gang, quite content with the mutation she was cursed with at birth. She can walk, she can breathe, she is not monstrously malformed, so there is little to complain about. When she feels safe, she is rarely serious and enjoys the rough comaraderie of her friends. Outside the Wastelands, she is cautious to an extreme degree, because out there her impaired sight is more of a hinderance and the Toxxies love hunting for the sheer thrill of it. She also refuses to kill and in fact won't fight at all if she can avoid it. Given her reed-thin build and fragility, it's probably best.

Background:
Rebecca Murphy was born in the Wastelands below the Pit and in the toxic and radioactive atmosphere found there. Her mutation was immediately apparent when she was born with her luminescent, white eyes, stick-like limbs and mottled skin. Her mother was one of very few in the Wastelands who did not have any obvious mutation. But whatever it was the altered DNA was passed to her daughter. Rebecca's father had died not long after she was conceived, a victim of the Bomb Squad. His massively thick neck made it nearly impossible to collar him and when he refused to fight, his collar was triggered out of spite.

In the relative safety of the Wastelands, she grew up with few cares. Like her Mother, she became part of the Bottom Dwellers doing some running, scrounging for supplies and guiding "up-stationers" through the sewers or ventilation shafts for a fee. With her ability to squeeze into tight spaces and contort her body to a small degree, Rebecca also ventures out to the Pit to satisfy her curious streak, trade for medical supplies or food, or do a little pickpocketing on the side.

She knows that she is at a great disadvantage in the Pit due to her blindness and unusual appearance. Other gangs are more than happy to hunt and kill freaks. Luckily, she knows hundreds of bolt-holes to escape into.

Rebecca is extremely light sensitive, so her other senses are more enhanced to help accomodate the disability. Her bones are also softer than ordinary, giving her the ability to squeeze into almost impossibly small areas. It also makes her prone to injuries if hit. She enjoys listening in on conversations for tidbits of information that can be used later.

She considers the Bottom Dwellers as family since her mother died 4 year ago of several cancers. She spends more time in the Pit than most of her gang looking for ways to supplement their meager supplies. She uses her intimate knowledge of the sewers and ventilation ducts to guide people looking to hide or move about unseen.

Credits: 500

Last edited by Digital Muse on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed blindness to light-sensitive)
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:35 am

General Information:
Name: Khalil Noga (Kuh-LEEL No-guh)
Ethnicity: Highly mixed genealogy, very hard to say where his roots lie
Home Planet/Station: Various space stations and planet surface colonies, most recently, Pax
Speciality: Improvising, repairing/maintaining, teamwork/collaboration, generally a very handy man to have around

General Appearance:
Picture(Optional): (maybe later)
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 178/lean build, average to above average strength
Skin tone: Somewhere between bronze and ochre
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Closely shaven sides/back with a little on top, a classic 'high and tight'
Facial Hair: Clean shaven except for a prickly 'chin hamster' goatee, no mustache or sideburns

Face Structure:
General: Generally youthful features most plainly described as 'average'. Brow forms a perpetually concerned look, eyes are somewhere between the 'cliche piercing into your soul look' and 'thousand yard stare', nose is gently sloped, cheeks and jaw are defined but not sculpted, and his chin is relatively thin
Standout Features: Not a damn thing

-Arms: Right shoulder to upper bicep-a series of gears and springs that resemble the inner workings of a clock

Scar(s):
Torso: Burn on right side of front abdomen, apparently caused by some sort of hot liquid

Common Clothing:
- Head: Gray fleece watchcap, polymer frame sunglasses, sometimes nothing
- Torso: Zip up hooded jacket that is in dire need of laundry detergent, assortment of tee shirts from 'plain white' to 'why in the hell would anyone wear that?'
- Legs/Feet: Usually surplus military camouflage cargo pants, sometimes denim jeans. Shoes range from surplus black combat boots to flip flops, and everything in between.

Weapon(s) and Armour:
Lavaskin MK1 Armor
Spartan Assault Rifle
Tusken Pistol

Melee weapon(s)
6.5 inch fixed blade fighting knife with 3.25" non serrated blade. Black finish with a nice polymer sheath. Made of 154CM steel and depicts a tiny white butterfly at the base of the grip. (This is a nod to my favorite tactical knife manufacturer Smile )
His body IS A WEAPON! Seriously though, he is decent fighting without a weapon, but can only fight one on one and expect to win in this way. Improvising is a strong suit of his, and it's not unusual to see him strike an enemy with his rifle when out of ammo, or use his helmet to bash someone's face when in a tight spot.

Miscellaneous Gear:
(Everyday life, non combat)
Analogue wrist watch with steel housing and black leather strap.
PCD
PDA
Fake wallet to dupe muggers, filled with fake paper money, a deactivated credit card, and a hand written note reading "OWNED!" in the billfold.
(Supplementary combat gear)
Shoulder bag:
Fresh change of undergarments
Antifungal foot powder
Water iodine tablet pack (purifies most water without needing to boil)
Military MRE- Chili n' Macaroni, also contains other nutrient dense but rather tasteless menu items, equals about 3000 calories
Spool of 550 cord, 200 feet
Roll of green 100mph tape, 100 feet
2 quart water canteen
Weapon cleaning kit-contains 1 fluid ounce of CLP oil, bore brush kit (fits .22--.50 caliber barrels), nylon brush for trigger group cleaning, fabric cleaning cloth

Personality:
Khalil is an optimist, but a realist. He is generally quick to make friends, but forging strong trust with him can take some time. He firmly believes in planning ahead to prevent disaster, and isn't afraid to step on toes to point out flaws in a plan. To him, hurt feelings heal faster than gunshot wounds.

He is sometimes sarcastic, but never mean spirited. He is rather experienced and thus intelligent, but isn't an arrogant prick about it. He gives his opinion of the situation based off of past experience and nothing else. He can be hard to commit to a plan he disagrees with, but once he's on board, he's a real "hell and back" team player.

Background: Khalil was born on Earth's moon to a military mother and a civilian contractor father who specialized in engineering. He spent most of his childhood traveling between stations and colonies with his father, who worked on life support systems and station infrastructure. He took after his father, and enjoyed tinkering with his tools and gadgets at a young age. He rarely saw his mother, who was an intelligence officer aboard an Earth fleet expeditionary ship.

Two days after the war started, her ship was destroyed in a surprise attack. Afraid for his life, Khalil's father dropped all of the military contracts he had and drifted between jobs until Khalil was 17. Money was tight, and times were desperate...

On a mining colony in a backwater system, Khalil was abandoned on a launch platform with just enough money to eat for a week, and the clothes on his back. Needless to say, he wasn't a happy camper for the next several years. It was during this time that he acquired the scar on his abdomen. Doing a less-than-safe coolant flush on a less-than-legally acquired jump jet, Khalil was sprayed with boiling coolant that burned a hole straight through his nylon jumpsuit and through his skin, causing a large 3rd degree burn. The melted bits of nylon from his suit had to be surgically removed. The remaining scar is particularly unsightly.

Fast forward 10 years...Khalil has worked nearly every odd job under the sun, and heard about a possible lead on lucrative work on Pax. He's been a freelance mercenary for 2 standard years, and wants to hit it big. Life has treated most humans nowadays like shit, and he's no different. He hasn't tangled with the local gangs of Pax yet, but he's got experience dealing with gang bangers.

Starting Currency: (15025 on arrival - 14000 gear purchase = 1025)

Last edited by Gabe on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:18 pm

General Information:
Name: Ian Kaine
Home Planet/Station: Earth, now Pax
Speciality: Stealth, moving quickly through crowds, blending into crowds, climbing

General Appearance:
Height: 5'6''
Weight: 120/very lean and skinny build
Skin tone: Pale
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Medium length and kind of shaggy
Facial Hair: Clean Shaven

Face Structure:
General: Fairly plain, easily forgettable features
Standout Features: His eyes are the same shade of green as Jade, when paid attention to his blandess of features is rather off-putting.

Piercing(s):
-Left ear: One metal ring through the cartilage, usually unnoticeable as his hair covers it

Tattoo(s):
Back: Massive Celtic style knot-work with skulls being weaved around.

Scar(s):
Torso: Chest has a series of vertical slashes almost like tally marks starting on the right side. There are currently sixteen of these marks
Arms: Several cuts that appear to have been made by a large knife
Hands: Some small cuts and marks that climbing a lot on rusty metal surfaces

Common Clothing:
Head: Black knit cap, metal framed sunglasses
Torso: Normally a loose grey hoodie, otherwise a form fitting long sleeved navy blue shirt
Legs/Feet: Normally baggy and ripped jeans and black combat boots, otherwise regular fit navy blue pants and shoes

Weapon(s) and Armour:
-Lavaskin armour MKI
-Tusken Pistol
-Masker SMG
-9'' Combat Knife
-6" Assassination Knife

Miscellaneous Gear:
Cheap Model PCD
Small Carrying Pack for equipment and supplies
Rations
Spare Clothes (Ragged and nice, for blending in to crowds)

Personality: Seems to be a little...off at times. Generally he's very outgoing and loves to joke, to the point that sometimes he has to be told to shut up in more serious situations. Other times he's very reserved and more prone to violence. The switch seems to occur when he's reminded of his family or his time in prison.

Background: Ian was born on Earth to a secretive society of assassins. His father was killed three days before he was born and his mother died when he was three during childbirth of his half-brother. The assassins helped raise the two brothers, being much kinder parents than you would expect.

Upon Ian's tenth birthday, he started assassin training, deciding he wanted to follow in his parent's footsteps. He did rather well, having a small frame and a propensity for climbing things. When he was fifteen, he had a few cosmetic surgeries to dull out his features so he could blend into crowds much easier.

Grant, Ian's brother, was always jealous of how easy the life was for Ian. He had to struggle, having inherited a larger frame and some more distinct features from his father. When Ian was seventeen (Grant being fouteen) the two boys went out on Grant's first mission. They were to sneak into a Governor's house and hill the man and his mistress while they slept. Grant accidentally set off a silent alarm and guards rushed in right as Grant was cutting the governor's throat. Ian quickly climbed up the wall and hid in the air duct, but Grant wasn't as lucky. He was gunned down while Ian watched, too afraid to move or breathe.

Ian managed to finish the job, following the mistress back to her place and earned a permanent spot within the assassins for his efforts. That night, he began a new ritual, cutting his chest with a knife he had heated up, making permanent marks on his flesh to signify the importance of killing. The first three were the governor, the mistress, and Grant. It's also believed that he started to lose his grip on reality a bit at this time.

When Ian was twenty-one, the war in space began. The assassins were drafted to help and Ian went with them. Unfortunately, assassinations are a little harder to pull off in this sort of war, and they were less than successful. Trying to prove their usefullness, Ian took a job to kill a high-ranking Kira general. He would have succeeded, if not for the unnatural toughness inherent in Kira. Ian spent four years in a Kira prison, and only got out through some sort of escape. No-one really knows what happened there, or how he escaped, as he never talks about that period of time. The only thing anyone ever heard him say when he got back was, "Grant kept me company." This is also when he started to show the full effects of mental instability. He was completely irrational and spoke in nonsense most of the time.

After some extensive medical treatment, he was able to re-gain a grasp of reality and mostly return to normal. He still has bouts of slipping off the edge, but tends to return to lucidity shortly afterwards. He became a mercenary after this, seeing as there is little place for a normal assassin in the current climate. He came to Pax, hearing that it was a good place to start as a mercenary and hopes to prove himself useful in his new job.

Extra Info: The group of assassins that Ian worked for was a group that existed for many years. They were the sort who worked in small familial and sleeper cells, mostly taking orders from unknown sources. They never knew who the jobs came from or who payed for them, just who to kill and how (if requested). Unknown to most assassins, there is a single person who runs the whole operation, but few ever deal with him face-to-face. (If most info is needed, just let me know)

Starting Currency: 1650

Last edited by Anubis on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Happy New Year Ladies and Gents!

Just a little thing to say I would like to get this thing started, but I know of at least one more player for sure who's working on a CS. So, I will wait another couple of days, and on January 3rd will officially start up the RP and get the ball rolling.

As for what to do at the moment, let me know what starting Base of Operations you would like. The one with the most votes will become our home for our mercenaries.

Personally I would like to go with the Warehouse. I believe, even though that it's close to the Toxxie's territory, that it would benefit us in the long run with the most space for anything that needs to be done. If we can make it past the initial point without losing it to the Toxics (Which is a possibility should we choose this Base) it will benefit more than hinder us.

Just my thoughts and Vote Very Happy
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:35 pm

For the difference in cost, I vote for the Warehouse for the base.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:22 pm

My first choice would have been the house, but after re-reading about what can be done with the warehouse, I'm definitely putting my vote there. My character's skill set would be a help in upgrading the place (assuming the leftover technology isn't looted by those damn toxix), and judging by everyone else's choices in character build, a big battlefield with plenty of places to hide and ambush from would make up for our lack of numbers.

One last thing, if we DO end up with the warehouse, I call dibs on the dilapidated futon next to the garage Very Happy
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:24 pm

General Information:
Name: Parker Ava Lani
Sex: Female
Ethnicity: French, German, Filipino, and Hawaiian
Home Planet/Station: Pax
Specialty: Expert pick-pocket, skilled with a knife, allied with The Hopeful, interrogation, basic emergency medical skills.

General Appearance:
Picture(Optional): Black Dawn OOC (Closed) Shannyn-Sossamon-short-funky-razor-haircut
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 123ilbs
Skin tone: Light olive/medium toned skin
Eye Color: Dark Hazel
Hair Color: Natural chocolate brown
Hair Style: A short pixie cut, with many layers and very short bangs.

Face Structure:
General: An oval/square jaw, with high cheekbones. Exotic looks that could group her to almost any ethnicity.
Standout Features: none really.

Piercing(s):
-Left ear: Industrial piercing
-Face: Tongue piercing

Tattoo(s):
-Arms: "Hopeful" written on her right wrist in tribute to the gang that helped her.
-Chest: "Lydia" is written in beautiful dainty letters above her heart
-Back: "FREEDOM" is written on her lower back and from the top of the letters birds begin to form and fly up.

Scar(s):
Torso: Located on her chest and stomach from when she was stabbed 26 times

Common Clothing:
- Face: Mirrored Aviator sunglasses (worn occasionally)
- Torso: Sleeveless shirt or T-shirt of any color
- Legs/Feet: Distressed jeans or cargo pants, worn black combat boots or sneakers.

Weapon(s) and Armour:
- Protective Vest: Provided by the Hopeful
- Crossfire SMG
- Tusken Pistol
- Neraxis Pistol

Melee Weapons
- Spring Assisted Dual-Action Switchblade (hidden in boot at all times)
- Two 5" combat daggers
- Fists (no better tool then your own hands)

Miscellaneous Gear:
- Sleek black digital wrist watch(left wrist)
- PCD
- Credit Token(in boot)
- Pepper spray
+ Canvas Messenger Bag
- Breather Mask
- Emergency Med Kit
- Duck tape
- Canteen of filtered water
- Change of clothes
- Food.

Personality:
Being raised in the streets Parker learned quickly it requires a tough skin, and that's what she developed. From a very young age she learned how to wrap you right around her finger, and that silver tongue of her's has only grown sharper. She knows how to persuade you, seduce you, and get any information she wants; even if it means cutting off an appendage or two. Years spent being taken advantage of Parker grew strong, as did her opinions, and her voice. She's stubborn and has a pretty bad attitude. But most of that is just a wall; another thing you learn to acquire on the streets.
In actuality Parker has a mothering nature about herself, and hates to see the innocent done wrong (but what can you do in a place like Pax). She loves company, but will bitch about you being near her. She hates authority and when people think they "own" her, but will follow orders to a tee, without falter (though through mumbles of complaints). She has a darker sense of humor and a sharp wit. She's rude, and not always the easiest person to get along with. But, once you scaled the wall, and made to the other side you'll see past her faults and find the young girl she never got to be.

Fun Fact: Parker has a fear of turning 30.

Background:
The unexpected child of a young prostitute and an unknown father, Parker had nothing of a traditional home. From a young age she had raise her mother. Parker took care of her when she would come home broken from a "client" that wouldn't pay the price or pimp that got angry, provided food when there was nothing in their shack of a home, and every morning she would hold her mother as she cried herself to sleep. Her mother did however pass on a few things to her daughter to help them get by: she taught Parker how to steal without being caught, how to weasel out of sticky situations, and where to run when that was your last option. It would be safe to say that Parker had to grow up quickly, and she did. By the age of seven she could get a wallet off a man by simply flashing a small smile in the street, or make out with 4 days worth of food unnoticed, or lie/"cute" her way out of any situation.

Parker had mastered her so called trade by the age of 10. She continued this life that her and her mother and built, but it couldn't last that long. Her mother was getting older growing less attractive, and they needed a source of income to support their substance abuse habits. By 13 Parker was beat into a gang and had already earned her rights. She was tough even among the older teens. But, when she was 14 and on a raid with her fellow members she was attacked by a man; he tackled her and stabbed her 26 times as her so-called-family ran. She was left for dead on the side walk. A woman found her, scooped her up and took her to a place called The Hopeful. Triss patched her up and took care of her, and while Parker was there nursed her through her withdrawal. She learned from Triss medical things such as patch up jobs, basic first aid, CPR, ect.; and (begrudgingly) from Jonathan she learned real teamwork, shooting, interrogation, and the like. Parker even stayed till she was 17 to learn more and protected The Hopeful Clinic.

But, she eventually left following a boy that had persuaded, and joined up with his gang. That ended badly, with him exploding all over the block. For the rest of her teen years was in and out of gangs, just trying to make money. At 19 she met Lydia(16), and they were inseparable until after three years Lydia left for someone that could support her habit better. Finally after so much betrayal, she broke of on her own doing small side jobs, some shadier than others. Now Parker just tries to make ends meat and support her mother. But, with all her experience she a hot commodity.

Starting Currency: (8455 starting credits - 5000 credits spent =) 3455

Last edited by *Lozy on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

http://foreversincerely.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:34 pm

...Gosh, I don't want to stand out here but I kind of vote for the house. I mean I see how the warehouse would be a great choice and all, and honestly I'm having a hard time with this. But I see with the house even though it does not specialize in upgrades it has the most and would be easier to upgrade. As well as it has plenty of space, and even with it's weaker structure, it seems like it would be prone to fewer attacks. Also I read "jack of all trades" and I like that.
....I vote house. Sweat Drop
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

http://foreversincerely.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Alright people, the RP is officially up and going.

To recap, in order to contact Vincent you'll have to go to Frank at Last Chance bar and get a series of locations (The market, The warehouse, or the bar itself) where Vincent can be found.

you can get hired in any number of ways that you would like, and if it's straightforward hiring, I'll trust you to control Vincent for the duration of the hiring. (Speech and all that)

If anyone has any questions or wants a little collab from me, I'll do my best to stay logged into the chatbox on FoG's main page in order for any of you to contact me (Although I go to school so I'm only on from about this time until I go to sleep), or a PM is also acceptable.

I look forward to all your responses...and doing bad things as bad people!

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I should put this out there. Warehouse has won by popular vote (Some people simply put there choice when they were contacting me.) So I will work on upgrades and the like when I have the time to do so.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon's Jester Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:50 am

Character Sheet

General Information:
Name: Jonathan Parish
Ethnicity: Irish-American
Home Planet/Station: Charis, now on Pax
Specialty: Survival and Small Craft/EVA

General Appearance:
Height: 6' 3''
Weight: 196 lbs
Skin tone: Pale white
Eye Color: Storm grey
Hair Color: Pitch Black
Hair Style: Messy but short
Facial Hair: Varies between clean shaven and scraggly stubble

Face Structure:
General: Angular, but rough hewn with deep set eyes
Standout Features: Distinctive hook shaped nose, extensive scarring around the corners of his right eye, and two notches in the eyebrow above

Right Eye: Implanted in Jon's right eye is an illegal bionic developed by Vernex Co. It has a couple of functions, which include zooming, a highly illegal scope syncing ability (this is non-functional without the proper, highly expensive equipment), a greater clarity of vision, and a greater range of frequencies of light that are visible (superviolet to infrared). The eye is also extremely difficult to use constantly providing a greater amount of information than the brain can handle for long periods of time. Side effects include partial blindness of both eyes, painful eye strain, migraines, and even spatial disorientation similar to vertigo. It is also somewhat evident that the eye is non-standard and therefore possibly illegal, so he usually conceals it with an eye-patch. He wears tinted goggles or sunglasses if he needs to use it.

Piercing(s): (If none, omit from sheet)
-Left ear: Two thick gold loops on the top of the ear, one gold stud on the bottom.
-Right ear: One gold earring with an inset ruby, polished

-Arms: Twin Celtic infinity knots around each bicep. The number thirteen is emblazoned on his left deltoid in Roman numerals.
-Back: He has one small but complicated tattoo on the back of his right shoulder. A two-headed jester with a rod in one hand and a sword in the other is the forefront. The Jester sits upon Varrus, a distinctive volcano in the Charis system, and the top is framed by Earth's Moon.

Scar(s): (If none, omit from sheet)
Face: Extensive scarring around the corners of his right eye, extending from the bridge of his nose to his right temple in the form of thin horizontal lines.
Torso: There are scars on his back from being whipped several times
Arms: One thin three inch scar down his right bicep, covered by the tattoo
Legs: Faint surgical scars around his left calf.

Common Clothing:
- Head: He wears either sunglasses, tinted goggles, or an eye patch over his right eye.
- Torso: A battered brown leather jacket and a dark colored shirt of some kind
- Legs/Feet: Generally some kind of jeans or old army fatigues. Thin rubber soled shoes with rigid reinforcement around the toe and heel, black with black laces

Weapon(s) and Armour:
-The battered leather jacket is pretty decent for regular knives
- A set of steel rings that function as makeshift brass knuckles on his left hand.
- Neraxis Pistol
- Sky Rider Sniper Rifle

Miscellaneous Gear: (Add whatever you like, so long as it's believable.)
-Two wallets, one strapped on the inside of his thigh with most of his funds, the other in his pocket with enough money to buy meals for the day
- A set of battered and low quality lockpicks
- A battered multi-tool, commonly seen in use by ship's mechanics and engineers
-PCD strapped so the face is on the underside of his forearm.
- Two knee braces, a roll of ace bandages, and two rolls of medical tape
- An empty prescription bottle for stimulants
- One small flexible canteen, one quart
- One small shoulder bag
- One battered backpacking sleeping bag and pillow
- One sling-web hammock, useful in zero-g and under gravity.
- One pair of battered sunglasses
- One pair of 'smart' goggles, using a chemical matrix in the goggles that darken automatically in regards to the level of light; developed for welding.

Personality: Jon was once a vivacious, outgoing child with an easy charm, and sometimes, very rarely, that warmth can still be seen. After five years of slavery, and four years on the run, Jon has become understandably paranoid. He is cold and aloof towards others, showing the bare minimum of courtesy and respect. Jon tends to be cynical but sarcastic, using a dry but biting wit to loosen the tension.

Jon is a stubborn person, and has a code of honor that he tries to adhere to. It has been reduced from his father's honorable code of conduct into a few simple rules. The primary two are to live in a fashion that is worth living, and if you can't, to look death in the eye and kick it in the groin as you go. He takes a certain amount of pride in his ability to survive, pain tolerance, and emotional callousness. He is pretty narcissistic, and has a large temper with a slow fuse. He can also hold a grudge.

Background (The more descriptive the better): Jonathan Parish was born aboard an Earth cruiser, the Johnston, to his Commodore, then Captain, Joseph Parish and his wife Silvia. The Johnston was stationed in the Charis system, a headache for whatever power controls it. The system is famous for its vast reserves of rare and common mineral wealth, ores, and other valuable resources. The system then became infamous for pirates infesting the meteor belts. The inhabitants living on one of the nine planets or twenty-eight moons are not much easier to deal with than the inhabitants themselves. The posting in Charis was traditionally used by the Navy for two reasons: blood new captains, and as a punishment post. Joseph Parish was stationed there twice, once to be blooded, once to send his insubordinate and stubborn ass into exile.

Joseph managed to get along with the local Charisians, which is a feat no one else had managed to do in the last few decades. It was the beginning of a new local and naval legend; instead of brilliance or valor, Joseph Parish was legendary for one trait, and one trait only, being stubborn. Nagged, badgered and flattered into submission, the native authorities and local business leaders had no choice but to cooperate. Cooperation and good feelings were essential and effective in curbing rapacious local pirates. During his term as local commandant, Joseph fell in love and married a local woman. Jonathan was born during this time, and raised on the Charis Prime, the fifth planet, the only planet habitable without the need for self-contained colony systems.

However, 1.2 Earth norm gravity, and extremely hostile wildlife makes a life a bit more interesting. While a Kira might not have an issue with the planet, and indeed some happily colonized the place. Not even a Kira can survive on the rest of the planets, as the atmosphere is always unpalatable. Whether there isn't any, its toxic and corrosive, or frozen solid, and even if they could, the highest life-form on any of the planets is a particularly nasty bacterial sludge on Ares, the fourth planet, and that is the least of. Charis Prime might as well be paradise in comparison, if every member carrying a weapon, having to learn how to fall properly, and the necessity of carrying a gas mask for one of the rare but periodic cyanide gas storms. The moon above, Mons Hera was the only true naval fortress in the system, and keeps the local companies and pirates in check.

However, Jon and his sisters, a year older and three younger respectively, have toured the entire system. From the spectacular volcanic storms on Ares, to the frozen splendor of Rhemis. Using custom built environmental suits engineered and designed specifically for the harsh conditions, Jon and his sisters had some of the few child-sized hell suits, something that would prove useful later evading GDF patrols on Ares. Commodore Parish, to the delight of his children, and the horror of the shuttle pilots, spent some cherished family time teaching his kids how to take off and land on the horrible landscapes of the Charis's signature planets. Jon lived on Charis Prime for much of his early life, learning the standard military education and history.

Charis was one of the first human controlled systems to be attacked, and was one of the bloodiest conflicts in the war's history. During that time, Commodore Joseph Parish commanded a squadron of cruisers, and would eventually command the entire system defense. Military historians have many things to say about the entire conflict, but every one tends to separate it into three separate phases.

The first sections is naval battles fought outside the perimeter of the system, fighting pitched battles costly to both sides. It lasted between fourteen and sixteen months depending on the source, and was cost the most human ships, if not lives throughout the entire battle. The GDF lost their first fleet to invade Charis the Fourth Fleet happened upon the supply convoy for the invasion force. Quick thinking and fast communication with the rather large system defense fleet managed to encircle and annihilate the GDF fleet, suffering compartively light losses. It bought Charis an extra three months to build defenses and a squadron of dreadnaughts under Rear Admiral Vantz was detached to defend the Charis system and he commandeered the defense of the system. Whether it was from overconfidence or an effort to keep a navigable line to Earth, Vantz engaged the GDF fleet in two battles on the perimeter of the system losing both. Human naval losses quickly approached fifty percent. Vantz was among the fallen, and Commodore Parish took over as the system commander.

The Aradar rapidly transitioned into the second phase when the found out that the entire system was systematically mined and turned into a vast fortress filled with traps. This is generally called the Siege, and it lasted for twenty two months. The GDF tasted a Pyrrhic victory here, given that a blockade would have been sufficient to simply negate Charis' importance during the war. Despite an overwhelming military advantage, Commodore Parish turned the GDF victory from crushing to grudging. With no other option but to take a slow gradual approach to peel the away the numerous defenses, Parish used lightning raids to inflict damage on the vanguard while they toiled away disabling minefields, remote controlled weapons platforms, and even exploding asteroids missiles.

The last stage of Occupation could be used as a textbook of how to conduct a naval guerrilla war from both sides. Commodore Parish utilized pirate tricks and replenished losses with new comrades, former pirate ships. Even independent pirates flooded the system looking for a quick score due to GDF naval draw-down. The GDF had once again increase naval strength in the region to prevent rampant piracy. During the height of the Resistance, Joseph Parish had a bounty on his head of 50,000,000 credits. Despite the high reward, the native Charisians never sold him out.

Even the ground troops had it tough, their armor not designed to handle the extreme environments of the planets of Charis, although taking the habitable moons was accomplished in six months. Most of the resistance was formulated by prospectors outside the shielded cities, sabotaging shipments, and even ambushing the occasional over-extended patrol. Even Kira and Aradar elite troops had difficulties in finding the elusive local partisans, who stubbornly refused to fight in open combat if at all possible. Half the patrols failed before they began, with equipment inadequate to fight effectively in the local conditions. Like the humans before them, the GDF realized that Charis was a more deadly foe than anything on it.

Instead of wasting effort and manpower, the GDF changed to more effective strategies after three months of unsatisfactory results. The GDF exiled the Resistance, holding on the cities with a steel fist. Punitive retribution was used for attacks and if quotas for specific resources weren't met. Secondly, hired mercenaries were to scout out the resistances bases, with pay in accordance to performance after a mission. Few managed to claim a reward, but it was a more effective method of gathering intelligence. GDF losses dropped to a tolerable fraction from before, and freed up the elite troops to make precision strikes against concealed partisan bases.

The final gasp of system wide resistance was devastating one-two: the destruction of Earth, and then the loss of leadership by Commodore Parish. Tired and demoralized soldiers and partisans were ready to stop fighting and hammer out some kind of terms to end the brutality. Parish assumed that he and anyone officially related to the Resistance would be dealt with harshly, including their families. He made a deal with the local interstellar CEO of Vernex, a weapons manufacturer who imported heavily from Charis, to smuggle the affected civilians to the nearest neutral planet.

Vernex accepted the terms and the payment, shipping the civilians out on a few transport ships. Then, they sold Parish out to the GDF. The GDF pounced on the demoralized resistance and nearly annihilated them. At the same time Vernex was enslaved all the civilians for experimentation. Both the GDF and the resistance members are unclear on the ultimate fate of Commodore Parish and his flagship, the Johnston. There was no wreckage recovered that conclusively proved that it was destroyed, nor that Parish is dead. Drunks whisper legends that he is still around and fighting, while unreliable witnesses insist that their ship was attacked by legendary wraith. However, the GDF rescinded the bounty on Parish immediately afterward, demonstrating their opinion.

While the GDF holds ultimate authority over the system, it has used the precedent of Vernex to split up the planets and moons into partitioned territories for a price. The remaining resistance members were outraged and continue to conduct sporadic small scale material raids, and even rarer supply ship ambushes. It is hard to blame them, given the 58% reduction in civilian population from a census taken two years after the way. The GDF maintains a permanent naval presence, but only intervenes if the companies exploiting their given territory do not make the yearly tribute. Piracy is rampant in general area, and resentment to the GDF and corporations is widespread, if unorganized.

Vernex, a weapons manufacturer, acquired a biological research center three years prior during an acquisition made with another large conglomerate. Initially useless, the top executives made a gamble. In order to gain access to GDF grants, Vernex quietly hired a development team for experimental bionics and other weaponized biological implants. With the arrival of a quite profitable cartload of anonymous and disposable test subjects, Vernex began secretly testing illegal bionics, and slowly began feeling out GDF officials for R&D contracts.

The entire venture was a success, although not without some inherent risk. Managing to keep the knowledge quiet was fraught with difficulties, as while disposing of bodies was easy, explaining the amount of food for humans was not. Even with a high casualty rate, a shrinking population of 2000 still eats a lot. However, the biggest risk was the idea of one tick in middle management. He found great entertainment in watching the humans die, and arranged those slaves with combat implants to fight to the death in the name of 'research.' Jon killed his first sentient in these 'games,' tearing out the throat of a thirteen year old girl. The CNS implant was approved as successful and removed, along with his right eye.

When upper management found out, they quickly acted to remove the programs. Hiring mercenaries through a series of shell companies, they managed to vaguely implicate a number of other rival companies and 'liquidated' the section. In a series of 'miraculous' recoveries, numerous implant designs and specifications were 'recovered.' While the affair was shady enough to generate a round of heavy fines and raise suspicions, the entire mess was murky enough for the GDF to ultimately approve grants under observation. All test subjects were effectively erased from existence, even if a few managed to escape, having already been erased. Jon was labeled in this section and managed to stow away on a mercenary boat leaving the planet. He got caught, but the mercenaries dusted tracks fast just to be careful.

The mercenaries were none to happy with their stowaway and afraid to lose their bonus based on the no survivors condition. They bribed a warden to lock him up in a particularly nasty prison, which was also an arena to provide funds. It made use out of the criminals and no one cared given that is majority of the population were humans, or the worst scum of the galaxy. The mercenaries got their 'bonus,' a bullet to the back of the head by Vernex security tying up loose ends in the name of reprisal.

The next two years were not a happy time for Jon. The least dangerous part of being a gladiator was being on the sand. More prisoners died from assassinations in the shadowy cavern cells than on the figurative sand. Those who didn't fight, didn't eat. Jon 'served' the necessary two years according to his 'crime,' but given the unofficial nature of the whole arrangement, Jon has no official criminal record. Now wise enough to avoid attention and old enough to obtain grunt, Jon hopped from system to system, just staying under the radar. He became skilled with EVA and small craft maneuvers, perhaps a result of his blood. Pax is just the latest in a long line of stations to scrape a living from.

Starting Currency: 12550 - 12500 = 50

Last edited by Moon's Jester on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon's Jester Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:00 am

EVA stands for Extra-Vehicular Activity.

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Is anyone posting?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Alright guys, it's been a week already.

Where is everyone? I've heard from a couple of you, but those who haven't posted I would at least like acknowledgment that you're alive and interested in continuing. One more week to go, and by next thursday if you haven't posted I will move on and find some way to get rid of your character.

Harsh, I know. But, as stated in the rules above, I'm going to try and keep this thing alive.

So please leave something in here or PM me as to whether or not you're still interested/having life troubles/motivation issues whatever.

One more week people.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:59 pm

I'm here. Had some surprise work come up but I will have computer access again tomorrow night.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Sorry for the double, but I wanted to make it clearly known that I've made my next post. If anything needs to be changed, or if I was too technically ambiguous, I always read and reply to PM's quickly Very Happy
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next