FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Risen/Fallen War OOC *Open indefinitely *

+5
ElRey
Immortal1
Hisoka
wakeangel
Shadow
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Risen/Fallen War OOC *Open indefinitely *  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Risen/Fallen War OOC *Open indefinitely *

Post by ElRey Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:59 pm

I miss The Tick. What a ridiculously fantastic show. They should really make a movie... or 6.

EDIT: herpderp.

Thanks for the welcome. If I overstepped any boundaries in my first post as far as "knowing too much" just lemme know.

Also, just for clarification purposes...Because I don't feel I was descriptive enough in my CS.

The way I'm imagining Emissary's being "effective" offensively is simply like a rope-a-dope technique. They're going to take everything you throw at it until you get so discouraged you begin to doubt yourself. Once you become weaker and weaker willed, their power of "Influence" will begin to take effect, which wears on you as well (imagine fighting with the worse flu symptoms of your life, for example) The idea being the opponent eventually beats themselves via exhaustion & whatnot.

Once someone has been worn down to a sniveling half-crazed shell of their former selves the Emissary can then have his way with em. Very Happy

So the guy in the first post was a half-demon... but he was also a little bitch so Lazarus was dominating him from step one. Basically it comes down to the Emissaries power of suggestion and the targets willpower. Which provides a handy excuse why he can't just up and kill anything he wants at the drop of a hat. (i.e. the other players & bosses and stuff. Lame little side NPCs are notoriously weak willed Razz )

Make sense, seem fair, all that good stuff?
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

The Risen/Fallen War OOC *Open indefinitely *  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Risen/Fallen War OOC *Open indefinitely *

Post by Ruu Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:59 pm

~This RP looks very interesting, and I was wondering if there was still room for me to join? I know I'm new here, so if I'm doing anything wrong please tell me. I've joined many other RPs on different sites before, but the format here is just a bit different with this OOC section. So if there's spots open would I fill out my profile here? If so, would it be alright for me to make a full-blooded angel, or are they so rare they wouldn't be seen in the compound? Thank you in advance for answering my questions.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:29 am

you can make a full blooded angel, its no problem, and yes post your profile here, after it is review I will accept it.

Yea I get it, like he slides with the blows all through the fight or uses the enemies strength against themselves...
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:25 am

Awesome! Thanks so much Shadow! I just have two other quick questions before I make my character.

1. Do angels have children or were all the angels created at once so that they'd all be very old?

2. Are angels and demons immortal, or can they be killed?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:15 am

Hi Ruu! Welcome to FOG and I'm glad you're interested in Risen and Fallen!

I'll leave the angel specific questions to Shadow, but since the Compound is kind of my baby, I'll answer that one. Full-blooded, light affiliated angels are rare in the Compound. I believe only 23 actually live there. As visitors they're more common, but still a vast minority. Full-blooded renegade and fallen angels would be more common. This was a good question. I should probably go and adjust the Compound's population count to be more clear.

It's made up of a majority of renegades, but Mirk, and her father Mingus before her are/were evil people, and the way things are run reflects that. Murder in the streets is bad for business, so there is order and laws, but the bottom line isn't health and safety, it's profit. Fallen and renegade angels get treated pretty much just like everyone else, and light angels are discriminated against, but nothing violent or excessive. Does that make sense?

wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:03 pm

1. Angels have had children, but if your person is a new full blooded angel I would expect that he is young and has not had much experience dealing with earth or Demons. but its your character.

2. Yes Demons and Angels can be killed, but on earth, if a angel enters Hell to pursue a demon or vise-versa It is not recommended because they lose most if not all their powers on the opposite plane. They can be killed on earth, but its not like a thug can walk up behind you and pop you in the head and search you for some lose change if you know what I mean....
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:21 pm

~Thanks so much Shadow and wakeangel. Those answers help a lot, and are actually perfect for what I had in mind. So here's my profile. If I did anything wrong or need to change anything at all, please tell me.

User name: Ruu
Name: Arin
Race: Full-blooded Angel

Physical Description: Arin has soft, dirty blond hair and eyes the color of emeralds. He's very short and slight for his age, and even for an angel. His wings are small, and he can still only fly short distances.

Personality: Arin is a gentle soul, unused to the harsh reality of war. The Compound is quite a bit of a shock to him. He knows little of the demon/angel conflict, because his mother and even his father never thought to tell him of it. He's willing to help others in need, and is easily misled by false promises of others, putting him in a dangerous position. His demeanor is still very child-like, and very different from a typical angel or child his age. He still has a love for sweets and he also connects well with animals. He does have a strong sense of justice, instilled in him by his parents, and would most likely seek peace even in dire circumstances.

He loves to laugh and have fun, though his current situation does not allow that. He is really a lost and bewildered soul, searching for just a sliver of light, a way to escape the horrible confines. He truly does not understand the dangers that lurk around every corner...

Background: Arinwas a sheltered child from the moment of his birth. His mother, a beautiful angel by the name of Alaria, a woman who loved humans and wished to be with them and help them. His father, one of the great generals of heaven, Gabriel. A stern figure, but loving and kind nonetheless. Both wished to spare their child from the horrors of war, so they decided that the child would be kept hidden, away from the cruelty of the world...

And so, soon after realizing she was pregnant, Alaria left the Heavens and retired a remote corner of the Earth, a backwater village with little connections to other places. She placed an illusion around her wings and the wings of her child, as she was quite proficient with illusory magic. She posed as a noble woman who had lost her way in the woods and needed sanctuary. The kind villagers gladly gave it to her and in return, she became the village healer. She collected various herbs, preferring to use natural remedies to magic. Besides, this would dispel any doubts the villagers might have had about her heritage. For nine long months she waited for the birth of her child, and when he was born, a rumor circulated throughout the village that a bright light had enveloped her home for a brief moment. It had been Gabriel, visiting his newborn baby boy, if anyone had dared to venture to look inside the home. Alaria named him Arin, a name that means "Light."

For years, Arin lived with his mother in that village. He collected herbs for her, and developed a healing talent of his own. On his eighth birthday, his mother revealed to him the secret of his heritage, though she made him promise to tell no one else. She wished for both of them to spend their days with the kind people of the village. Arin had made many friends, so he did not disagree. He was happy to help her in any way possible and it brought joy to his heart when an ailing person was able to be cured through his help. His father would appear intermittently, sometimes gone for months or even years at a time, but always there when Alaria and Arin needed him most.

Unfortunately, this happiness was not to last....

A demon stumbled upon the village. Some thought purely by chance, though Alaria believed it to be the work of an informer. The villagers didn't stand a chance and their town was ripped to shreds. Only Alaria and Arin survived the blast, Alaria shielding her son with her wings a moment before the disaster struck. The demon attacked her, taunting her, calling her weak. Perhaps in a fair fight, Alaria may have won, but this was no fair fight. Alaria was already injured, and protecting her son was her greatest priority. She tried to escape for his sake, but the demon caught her, literally ripping her child from her arms. Somehow, he knew that her son was the child of the great Gabriel, and he felt that this would perhaps even turn the tide of the war. It was then that Gabriel appeared to wreak vengeance on those who would harm his wife and child. But Gabriel could not fight with his son in the demon's clutches. And the demon disappeared with the child, fleeing to the furthest reaches of the compound. It would have gone even worse for Arin had not a mysterious person interfered and stole Arin away from the demon. Yet in the deep mazes of the compound, Arin and his rescuer became separated. So now Arin wanders the compound, searching for a way out, not realizing the danger he is in...Unaware that many demons would do anything to get their claws on him...And praying that his parents will find him and take him home...

Equipment: Because he was raised in a non-warlike environment, Arin has no weapons.

Magic:

Illusion: Arin inherited his powers of illusion from his mother. He can bend light to make things that are not real to appear. He can also transform light into spheres and baubles to light up dark passage ways, or even to play it. Due to his personality, he most likely wouldn't use his illusions to deceive others.

Healing: Like all angels, Arin possesses a talent for healing, perhaps greater than even some other pure-blooded angels because of his heritage. He prefers to use herbs and natural remedies, however, but will use these powers in dire emergencies.

Last edited by Ruu on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Shadow wrote:1. Angels have had children, but if your person is a new full blooded angel I would expect that he is young and has not had much experience dealing with earth or Demons. but its your character.

2. Yes Demons and Angels can be killed, but on earth, if a angel enters Hell to pursue a demon or vise-versa It is not recommended because they lose most if not all their powers on the opposite plane. They can be killed on earth, but its not like a thug can walk up behind you and pop you in the head and search you for some lose change if you know what I mean....

In regards to number two what exactly is the limit of this ability to take damage. Are Demons and Angels for example capable of say taking a sword through their chest with little damage suffered. And if so does said sword in chest impair combat ability to a significant degree, i.e do they feel pain in great enough to lose the ability to think straight or is it merely a inconvenience to have said sword impale through them?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Demons and Angels are much much more then humans say your character,Hisoka,takes a high caliber bullet to the shoulder, it would puncture yes, but the supernatural aspect of their flesh is much denser then humans. A human can, in a sense "Kill" a demon or angel, but not without magical means or the intervention of another supernatural being. If a demon took a full clip of a ak47 in the chest they would take a knee, but not be out.

Cutting off a demon or angel's wings will revert them to human form and they can be killed as if they were a normal human.

The sword in the chest, yes it would cause them pain, but if it were say a holy sword, blessed it would cause them consistent pain until removed, if it Pierced the heart it would "Banish" them back to hell or heave, what ever realm they are from.

Half breeds are a different story, A half demon will feel the pain of a holy item, but not as severe, same with a angel should they be attacked with a unholy item.

And for future players with questions on playing a normal human, they can level the playing field with Magic of their own, to what degree is uncertain yet.

I hope this answered your question, if not tell me.
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 pm

~That answers a lot of the questions I had too.

Is my character accepted then? I wanted to make sure before I actually made a post in the RP.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal1 Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:19 am

I will post next, if no one has any objections....oh and Shadow, how will we work out fights between our characters, should we decide that to happen anytime soon?
Immortal1
Immortal1
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:12 am

its cool, go ahead, so long as no one else has objections. And I was going to address that, we can work it out like you and me did in the past bro, give and take some info, like how our character would react or move or take a blow in that fight. Not play others characters but have the others info...get it? and if anyone wants to chip in on ideas just say it, I want you to know this is your RP as well =)
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Just so we're clear Lazarus' hasn't received the letter yet, he was showing up on his own accord and has no idea Mirk was planning on inviting him in.

He's going in expecting to have to fight tooth and nail to figure out what Mingus Munitions is up to, so it'll be interesting/awkward/whatever when he find out what she has in store.
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:12 pm

That's what I figured. All the more fun. ^_^
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Just letting you all know, I've cleaned up the spam posts. If it happens again, PM me and I will delete them again.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:46 pm

I made my first post. If there's anything wrong with it at all please tell me and I'll definitely change it.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:43 pm

no, nothing seems to be wrong, its fine. Waiting for info from Wake for my next post to be up.
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Yeah I guess we are all kinda waiting on wakeangel
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Indeed. Lazarus is becoming most impatient standing around in the gas station.
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:25 pm

its understandable, but she is dealing with a lot at the moment, give her some time ^_^
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm not worried. Her posts are well worth any wait that may be necessary.
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:57 pm

I'll agree wakeangel's posts are good. However that being said I am beginning to have concerns if she'll ever post, I mean how much longer are all of us going to wait for her.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 pm

~Yea, her posts are really great. I just really hope it doesn't die out because it's a great RP!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 pm

I pretty much think this is dead as it is Ruu. Which is a crying shame because it had so much potential
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Awww,,,that really stinks...especially since it was my first RP. I was hoping if we maybe posted a bit more the others would come back as it's only been a few days.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:28 am

its not dead, I'm just waiting for Wake to approve of something that deals with me making something for her character, if she doesn't respond within the next 25 hours I will continue without her approval with my change.
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:29 am

you know what nevermind, its been too long I'm posting.
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:44 pm

~Yay, I'm just glad it isn't dead!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:00 am

trust me short of me losing internet I will not let it die =)
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:30 pm

So sorry everyone. I've had no internet for the last week, just got back online less than an hour ago, and have a very busy weekend ahead of me. I'll get my post up as soon as I can. Please bear with me for a little longer.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next