FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the inside - Ethereal/Shekinah OOC

2 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

From the inside - Ethereal/Shekinah OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: From the inside - Ethereal/Shekinah OOC

Post by Shekinah Fri May 28, 2010 4:28 pm

From the looks of it I at least have half an hour... But! I can always check and post using my mobile phone (even though that might effect the length of my posts...)

I like the two chars very much too!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

From the inside - Ethereal/Shekinah OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: From the inside - Ethereal/Shekinah OOC

Post by Ethereal Fri May 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Razz Half an hour for me goes to thinking about what to post next. Maybe ten to fifteen minutes goes to typing it down -depending on how vivid my thoughts were- and one second to post it up.

Ahh well that's fine, I still wanted to play but since I'm about to go to bed anyway, maybe I'll just come up with a last post and go for it. Very Happy

Take care when you travel back to your dorm, whenever that is. Smile

Oh right, what does Shekinah mean? Why Shekinah? Razz Sorry, just curious.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri May 28, 2010 4:40 pm

As far as I know it has several meanings, but the meaning I came familiar with is like - don't pin me down on this, as I might not remember (or write Razz) it correctly - Shekinah being the female side or right hand of God. I liked that thought, since I'm not really religious (I always say I believe in possibilities, as I like to keep both sides open, to each their own, everyone has his own truth and all that jazz) but I do believe that, aside from God if he really is out there, we are Gods of our own body and lifes and everything in it. And well, I also liked the name, the way it looks and sounds, so that's kinda why Smile I read the name in a book once and have been using it ever since, so about 5 years now I guess.

Guess I'll be going back to my dorm sunday evening Smile last week of classes, then I have summer holiday! (okay okay, two exams left Razz)

So what's up with Ethereal then? What's the story behind your username?

Take your time and do what you want, but if you're really going to bed I wish you a good night rest then Wink You're a real good rp'er!!! Always looking forward to your posts!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri May 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Why thank you! I could say the same thing to you (which I will do so now) You too are an excellent RPer. Wink

So that's what Shekinah means eh? That's very cool. Oh! Good luck with the exams! Summer holidays are best enjoyed with accomplishments made. I'm sure you'll pass the exams! Very Happy Not really the religious type as well but I do believe in the same view as yours. (Wow! Something in common! Razz)

As for my UserName, Ethereal means Delicate or Heavenly. Doesn't really relate to my true self but yeah, just like you, I liked what it meant and how it sounds like when pronounced. It has that cool ring to it. Why I chose this name was simply because it was the first word that came to my mind when I was at the user registry page. Probably because I saw something heavenly around me. What was that heavenly thing? I couldn't really remember Razz but yeah, that's the story behind my username.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri May 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Nice! Yeah, I think it's a good username too, has indeed a nice ring to it.

Oh well... one of them is a resit exam (I actually have two, but I already know I'm not gonna pass one of them, since I'd have to read two books if I'd want to pass it, which is not doable at the moment as I have to write a paper about Europol (European Police (Office)). But that's okay, the other two I'm gonna burn down! Very Happy Indeed, summer holidays feel much better when you've got accomplishments made. Do you still study? If so: what do you study? If not: then what do you? Hahaha, I'm curious to you, since you're such a perfect RP partner for me Very Happy
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri May 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Me? Well, I pretty much don't have school anymore. I studied Electrical Engineering (Which I don't practice by the way) It's not really what I wanted to do and that came out as a late realization. I plan to take up literary arts as my second time in school. (Wow, I sounded like I love to study but don't be fooled! Razz) I'll be in school again for Literary Arts sooner or later but for now, I am focused on helping to run a family business. (Nothing shady I assure you Laughing)

Yep, we seem to have a little chemistry in Role Playing I agree with that. Very Happy
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri May 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Sounds good! I wanted to do Literary Arts too before I started studying Criminology (I've done two studies before this one, jsut to get here and I thought about studying Literary Arts before studying Criminology).

I wish you all the best with that, it still intrigues me a lot!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri May 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Well, if by the time I start studying Literary Arts and we're still playing this, or probably a new RP, I'd let you know what it's like. Razz Criminology is a cool course too. So you want to be a cop? You must have good reasons then. Very Happy

Anyway, we've been talking about personal stuff like this yet we only know each other by Usernames. Very Happy I'm Marcus by the way, it's either that or Ethereal or Ether, whichever is fine with you. Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri May 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Nah, you can't become a cop with this, even though I'd like to be a detective yeah. But no, you can't become a cop with Criminology. We get taught why people desert to crime and why people commit certain crimes, it's very theoreitcal. So once we're done we're to offer theories about why people commit crimes. and offer solutions to crime and assist police in an ongoing investigation about what type of perpretator they're looking for and stuff rather than arrest people and investigate crime scenes. We're more of support and offer new directions to look into when the police doesn't know what to do anymore. But I might do a Master of Criminal Investigation with the police when I'm done here and then I'll become a detective.

Nice to meet you! I'm Laura, or Shekinah, Shek or Sheki Wink
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri May 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Ohh! I thought Criminology was your stepping stone to becoming a cop. Honest mistake. Very Happy A Detective always sounds better than Cop anyways. Razz So you want to be the backbone of the police force eh? A noble goal! I wish you all the best on that. When you say detective, I get the impression of those C.S.I. agents. Am I on the right track now? Very Happy

Nice to meet you too Laura, Shekinah, Shek or Sheki. Laughing
(posted by the way)
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri May 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Hahaha nope not really either. For one because CSI isn't life real at all, but also because those, if I have to compare them to real people, people are more about Forensics. If I'd be a Detective in real life, most of what I'd do is paper work and sitting on my ass all day, as most cases get solved without any real detective work (over here that is anyway). It's more about looking for clues in eye witnesses statements and evidence found at the crime scene, but it doesn't go like in CSI, those are fairy tales.

Yeah, saw you posted, I'll post tomorrow again, kinda missing the inspiration athe the moment and I'm also playing Final Fantasy 12 hahaha.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri May 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Aww that's zero for two. Anyways, you cleared things up for me so it's all good. Very Happy Well then, with that last post, I get to hit the bed. It was nice talking to you and I am very much looking forward to your next post.

In the meantime, enjoy Final Fantasy 12. I'm a fan of the series and have played quite a lot of them. It's a good game. Very Happy

Well then, off to bed I go. Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sat May 29, 2010 3:09 am

Yeah, I'm a fan too! Ever since age 7. I belive I've played all of them with the exception of 11 and all the Wii games. I have beaten 12 before, but wanted to play again. I'm gonna post later today, first I need some more sleep :p

zi enjoyed talking to you too! Hope you had a good sleep Wink
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun May 30, 2010 3:53 am

I did! It was a fantastic one hour sleep! (sarcasm overflows) Razz

I seem to have gotten a bad case of insomnia lately, just after our move. Seems I am having issues with sleeping comfort in this new home. Oh well, it'll pass sooner or later.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on a post. Alun just reminded me of how police work goes. Laughing
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun May 30, 2010 4:50 am

I have the same problem yeah whenever I move. Then again I almost always have trouble sleeping. Even when classes start at 9 the next morning, I still can't go to bed earlier than 3 am... Oh well! Let's check out your post :p
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun May 30, 2010 5:10 am

We both have cases of insomnia too? Shocked Wow! What a surprise! Very Happy

In my case, on off days and when I am comfortable, I sleep somewhere around 5:00am. Then wake up shortly afterward, and go to sleep again in the afternoon when I have done morning chores, business, whatever that needs to be done.

On regular days, I sleep the latest around 3:00am too. Any earlier than that and my blood is still boiling and my eyes are still wide awake. Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun May 30, 2010 5:16 am

Hahaha, exactly yes! Oh well, I managed to work through the first 2 years of my study, so I guess it's okay :p I'm just at my best during the night, my writings get better then too.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun May 30, 2010 5:21 am

I guess it's because of the peace and quiet the night provides right? Exactly the reason why I love writing at night. But when I do get to write by the day, that would mean I'm either alone (which is mostly the case) or I am completely bored. Razz

So how was that last post? I thought it would be best to introduce the first evil dude our characters would have to deal with. I would like to name it Fire-starter but it's up to you if you have better names for an evil being. Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun May 30, 2010 5:39 am

No, that's okay. And as with all your other posts; I liked this one too. I had an idea myself too. I was thinking that Alun is called the Listener because she's the only one who can hear the leader of them all, whixh also provides for a reason why they want to have her. What do you think?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun May 30, 2010 5:56 am

Makes sense. What kind of evil boss would do his deeds when someone out there not sympathetic to his cause can hear his thoughts. I like the idea. Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun May 30, 2010 6:21 am

Awesome Smile Well, I posted, as I could finally use the real pc instead of my tiny mobile phone Razz
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun May 30, 2010 6:34 am

xD Good for you! (and me Laughing) Now let me feast my eyes on your hard work! Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun May 30, 2010 6:44 am

My, my... things have gotten really, really interesting. I won't be able to get off my seat now if I have not come up with a response to that brilliant post! Laughing
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Say Sheki, wouldn't it be fun if Emma would have known all along about Alun's gift but decided that it was best to keep it a secret from Alun and everybody else?

Just a thought. Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:22 pm

That's a good idea, but then shouldn't we also figure out why she had always known?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Yeah good question. Perhaps from Alun's mother? Something like their "little secret" How's that?
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Also good, but rises another question: why did Alun's mother know it?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Wow! You can be very inquisitive.

Okay, here's my thoughts on the matter:

Alun's mother could have been a Listener too and got married to a Child of The Holy Light, after sometime, the fruit of their love came to be, of course that would be Alun who also bears traces of being a potential Listener.
Emma being close to Alun's mom of course shared some secrets of her mother.

That's a rough idea but what do you think?
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Hmm that sounds good. It still keeps Chase in the dark though, we should also concentrate on him and where his gift came from. (Or perhaps you already have ideas on this matter Razz)

But for now, this works pretty well. Yeah, sure, let's go with it! (I'm gonna take a shower now. FINALLY Razz)
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:35 pm

That I do my dear. Chase's past, the story behind his power and a few secrets too. Very Happy Anyways, I had planned to reveal them as we play. All that Alun needs to do is ask about it since they are alread lovey-dovey and all that. Razz

There's no guarantee he'd tell her all about it though, but all in due time when their relationship grows deeper.

Enjoy the showers! Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next