FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed

+2
M4Minion
Digital Muse
6 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed - Page 5 Empty Re: Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed

Post by Digital Muse Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:37 am

@kalaam or Dax? Post if you wish, then Loki will try to add this weekend.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed - Page 5 Empty Re: Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed

Post by Dax Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:42 pm

ok, posting a followup to Loki
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:54 pm

All right, I saw this, and I was wondering if it's not too late to join? The title of this OoC says "Recruiting," so I figured I may still have a chance. I still have two more posts to read of the IC, but so far it looks as if I could still have my character join...

I was thinking about having a siren. She wouldn't be an amazing fighter because well... let's face it, she would be more manipulative with her voice than with her fists. Besides, birds have hollow bones, and I was thinking that maybe in her human form, her bones would still be quasi-hollow so they'd break more easily than a human's.

Anyway, I just want to get my idea approved. If you're full or you feel you're too far progressed in the story, I'll understand. I just thought this looked interesting, and I thought maybe there could be a little more estrogen in the game. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:46 pm

@Kathryn - We'd be delighted to have you on board. But, before we can say yay or nay to the idea of a siren, we'd need to know more about how you see her.

Since Sirens have many incarnations, powers and even appearances depending on the culture you're researching, we'd like to know what you hhad in mind for abilities, powers, appearance and how she'd fit into modern day London. You can post your ideas here or PM myself or M4Minion.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:08 pm

I've chosen to PM both you and M4Minion my idea, so you two may discuss it at your leisure.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Is it an evil or a nice siren? O.O

waitin on posts to come up, Smile
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:17 pm

She's mostly good, but some of her morals are not-so-good. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:23 pm

On the note of posting. I will get one up tonight or tomorrow.

It might be a little shorter than my usual posts because I am having a harder time than sometimes getting the words to flow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:15 pm

Yay! OK, Kathryn. Will get back to you soonest.

@Rapotorman - OK. We're still good. Post when you can.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 pm

Name
Zamira Besnik

Race
Half Human, Half Siren

Appearance
Human
Standing at a height of five feet and four inches, Zamira is neither particularly short nor particularly tall. To go with her average height, her curves make for a nice hourglass figure. The dark brown hair atop her head extends just past her shoulders in curls. Upon her face sit two large eyes of so dark brown a shade they almost seem to be black, blending with the pupils. Long, dark lashes surround these eyes. A vertical scar cuts through her right eyebrow, ending at the upper portion her cheek, but her cheekbones are high, so this isn’t a terribly long scar. Another, deeper scar cuts diagonally across her left shoulder, over her collar bone, and a final scar cuts vertically through her left bicep. Beneath a very straight nose sit a pair of average-sized but shapely lips. Her skin is very lightly tanned and flawless save for that scar over her eye and a small mole that rests just above the left side of her jaw. In this form, her bones remain slightly hollow, but this serves to make her seem very light on her feet and graceful. Her voice has been described as melodic and beautiful even when she isn’t singing.

Half Human, Half Siren
In this form, she retains her human physique, but her legs from the knees down become like those of a large bird. They maintain the same thickness, but the skin toughens and her feet transform into talons. Her arms sprout feathers that are the same colour as her hair though they‘re tipped with white, her hands disappearing to adjust into the formed wings. Feathers also line her spine from her lower back to the nape of her neck, some even sprouting to intermingle with her hair. She can only speak haltingly in words, but she can make beautiful sounds to try to compensate. She can fly short distances in this form, but she has a hard time carrying anything close to her weight because her bones only a little more hollow in this form than in her human one.

Siren
As a full siren, Zamira loses all of her human shape with the exception of her head which remain the same. Her body rounds, feathers sprouting all over. The feathers along the front of her torso are white and grey while those along her back are deep brown tipped with white. She grows a tail of feathers, and her arms change their shape to be able to flatten against her new body like any normal bird. She loses her ability to speak words in this form, but she can still form beautiful melodies to compensate. In this form, she can carry anything her weight or lighter with her on short flights. By herself, she can fly further distances than in her half-form.

Personality
Zamira is generally a good person, and she does have a great deal of respect for those who have earned it. However, she doesn’t see anything wrong with using her abilities- or lying- to get what she wants. She loves being a siren, and she figures that she would have been born a mute if she wasn’t meant to use the gifts her mother genetically passed to her. She learned from a very young age how to use her voice just to get people to hang on her every word even if she wasn’t really making them do anything else.

On the outside, she exhibits a confident air that draws people to her- visible even in the way she carries herself. Zamira well and truly loves the attention she gets just by speaking, and she loves even more how her singing voice affects those around her. It helps that she doesn’t simply spout jibberish when speaks. Despite her vanity with her appearance- aside from her scars- and especially with her voice, she is an intelligent, strong woman who is often envied even by those people that find it difficult not to enjoy her company.

As far as others go, she is usually kind and polite with them. However, if given a reason, she will refuse to show them any ounce of respect. Her fury is also something that is best left unaroused despite a terrible incident eight years ago being the last time she ever sought a violent revenge against anyone who wronged her. Zamira is crafty enough that she has found other ways around violent ends for those who get on her bad side.

Despite her abundant confidence, she has a secret fear that someone will discover what she really is, and her life with crumble around her. The only other people who know what she is are her father, Gjysh Xus, and the Knights.

Powers
o Transformation - changing her shape from a human to a siren or something in the middle. This was far more painful as a child, but she’s grown used to the pain, so now it’s simply an inconvenience.
o Ventriloquism - making it seem as if her voice is coming from another object or area than herself without visible movement of her lips.
o Vocal Emotional Evocation - evoking and amplifying existing emotions in others through the power of her voice.
o Vocal Enthrall - through the power of her voice, causing someone to want to help her so long as it’s not against her nature.
o Vocal Manipulation - making her voice sound like something or someone other than herself
o Vocal Persuasion - persuading up to ten people to desire to come to her despite any geographical or physical obstacles that may be between them and herself.

Weaknesses
o Her ventriloquism is such that she can only throw her voice in one direction at a time and only up to a certain distance.
o She has a more difficult time using her abilities accurately if she isn’t calm and collected.
o She isn’t a fighter in the physical sense. She never learned any techniques other than the proper way to punch.
o The siren can only carry loads that are the same weight or lighter than herself when she’s flying.
o Weak minded or less intelligent people are far more susceptible to her voice than those with great intelligence or strong wills. Humans tend to be more susceptible than many supernatural creatures, even if they have great intelligence or strong wills.
o Zamira’s bones remain a bit hollow even in her human form, so they break under less force than a natural human’s bones would.

Biography
When Greek Partheia met American-Albanian Liridon Besnik, it was love at first sight. Luckily, she had no trouble wooing him. As soon as he heard her voice he was hers. They had been married for two years when Partheia gave birth to a daughter, Zamira Besnik.

Until that point, Partheia had never had to tell her husband about her deepest secret. However, when it became all too apparent that their young daughter had inherited her mother’s secret- as she knew she would- it was time to tell Liridon why their daughter was shape shifting into a partial bird.

Partheia did not use her abilities of vocal persuasion to change her husband’s thoughts and feelings, but her voice was still beautiful and melodic. He claimed he always knew that she was special, that he still loved her and their daughter. However, he asked that she continue to remain in human form and teach their daughter to do the same. She agreed, and Partheia had seven years to teach her daughter the art of being a siren and how to hide what she was in human society.

When Zamira was seven, her mother was murdered, but her killer was never found. The little girl and her father were devastated, but they continued with their lives.

Liridon managed to become promoted in his job on more than one occasion, knowing he had to provide a good life for his daughter. At the age of thirteen, Zamira moved to London, England with her father to enable him to continue with his better job. Meanwhile, his daughter went to school, adjusting rather well to her new surroundings though she still missed her mother. Liridon never remarried.

Throughout her life, she aspired to become a famous singer, and as she matured into her mid-teen years, she began going to karaoke bars to sing. She always noticed how she seemed to steal the show, and she preferred it this way. The siren purposely used her gift to make sure all eyes were on her, for she had always been a confident girl.

However, she hadn’t realized that all of that attention may not be good. One evening, as she was leaving a bar after singing, she was stopped by three men who forced her into an alley. Their intentions were terrible, and when she fought against their attempts, they brought switchblades from their pockets to try to force her into submission. In her panic, she couldn’t really focus well enough to persuade them to leave her be with her words. Occasionally she would get them to hesitate, but her words weren’t powerful enough to save her in her terrified state.

It was only her luck than an old man happened upon the scene. Of course, the three men only laughed when he told them to stop, but the air became charged with energy that seemed to emanate from the elderly one, and sparks erupted from the blades, burning their hands so they were forced to drop their weapons, and their clothing ignited in flame. They ran away, terrified at the turn of events.

When she spoke to thank him, the old man became interested in the girl as much as she was interested in him, and he took her under his wing, so to speak. She learned he was a wizard named Abraxus- whom she dubbed Gjysh Xus ((Grandpa Xus)). He taught her more about her race that her mother had not had time to teach her, and he helped her build her talents as a siren.

Two years later, after the switchblade wounds had healed into scars, Zamira sought the men who had caused them with Abraxus, so he could magically amplify her abilities. She no longer feared them, having learned that her fear and panic had been the cause of her limited power. The teen was eighteen, but she felt that her knowledge and her wizard companion empowered her beyond what those cowards who had tried to steal her innocence had. When they saw her, they mocked her and neared her, recognizing her. However, they seemed to look over their shoulders to make sure a strange old man wasn’t around. He was, of course, hiding from their sight. This time, she lured them into a darkened alley, and it was only then that she began to sing.

Her words held a great deal of power in her calm and with Abraxus’ magical touch. She suggested they harm one another, and their simple, fearful minds found her suggestion almost impossible to resist. Only one among the three was able to realize there was something wrong with his desire to harm his comrades, but she told the other two to set upon him first. It helped greatly that they were the sorts to kill anyway. After all, they would have killed her had Abraxus not stopped them two years earlier. They killed their friend before beginning to battle against one another, but they were interrupted.

Abraxus simply teleported away from the area when Zamira urged him to go, that she would be okay, and she faced the group who called themselves the Knights alone. Zamira didn’t feel guilty about her major role in causing those men to end the life of their friend or almost doing the same to them, but she really didn’t want to go to jail for it. She tried to use her voice to get her out of it, but without Gjysh Xus to make her voice more powerful, her attempts only served to momentarily cause them to hesitate. She was arrested and a file was made concerning her. They mentioned something about magick being used to her aid, but they didn’t really try to get a name from her. Though she thought that was strange, she was relieved. The young woman would never sell her friend to these people.

A deal was made because this was her very first offense, and she had convinced them her tears of sorrow and regret were true, and that she was only trying to do good. She hadn’t really meant to make them kill their friend, after all. She’d only wanted to scare them. She didn’t feel guilty about her lies to them concerning that either.

However, she kept to the deal. Prison wasn’t something the aspiring professional singer wanted for herself, so she was good. Her visits to Gjysh Xus became less and less as her life became busier and busier.

Though singing was her first choice, her father urged her to get into a “realistic” career first, so she went to college like anyone else, majoring in graphic design with a minor in music. Even as she acquired a fairly decent job in her field, she occasionally searched for ways to achieve her ultimate dream. As it was, she was reduced to singing in karaoke bars on the occasion that she went with a friend or two.

File
Zamira Besnik
Siren Hybrid

Besnik was approached by the Knights in 1999 after being caught manipulating humans to harm one another. At first, she resisted, attempting to enthrall and manipulate our people. This resulted in her arrest, but she came quietly after a fashion, and she agreed to abide by the laws of supernaturals.

After this transgression, there have been no further reported misdeeds by the subject.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:04 am

Welcome Kathryn!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Welcome Kathryn!

I look forward to RP'ing with you.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Thank you. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:12 pm

@Kathryn - Zamira's 'invite' has been posted. Have at it. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Yep. I saw it. I'm working on my post now. However, I must warn you that it takes me a really long time to post. I mean, I always try to work on it within a day or two, but once I sit down to write, it takes a few hours before I post it. I hope you guys don't mind.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:11 pm

Not at all. If it goes a week or more though, we may just take Zamira along if the characters move locations.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Oh, no. I'm pumping this thing out tonight. I was just letting you know it won't be up within the next hour. It could actually take until like midnight or later. I'm just super slow because I multi-task a lot to help me think. I never take a week to post in a group role play. It seems irresponsible to keep so many others waiting for so long, you know?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:40 pm

*smiles I agree, completely.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:49 am

I have been swamped with work, but this is the last thread on the list to be updated, I have no ideas for it at the moment.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:22 pm

It's alright Kalaam, we're about to move on to the Tower
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:03 pm

I've made my introduction. I'm not going to be one to apologize for "walls of text" as Dax did. It's simply my way. Chances are that I'll always have decent sized posts like that, but they may become a bit smaller as more interaction takes place.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:58 pm

Eh, I guess you're right. I probably shouldn't apologize for 'walls of text'.

.....Whatever... Smile

I guess I will wait for Kalaam to post before I do.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:14 pm

I don't typically write walls of text. But occasionally I just have a flow of ideas and concepts that doesn't stop. Then I keep going and going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:39 pm

:: pats Dax comfortingly ::

Yeah... I actually have this rule for myself that I will never post until I have at least five paragraphs. I typically go far beyond that, but sometimes I get stuck with just the five. I do the same thing as Raptorman in just having a fairly steady flow of ideas about which to write, so I just keep going and going. heheh

I'll wait for everyone else to post before I do unless I'm told to just skip their presence. I prefer going by posting orders, and if there isn't one, waiting for a post from everyone else is really helpful.

Speaking of which, would it be at all possible to have a list of all of the characters and the people that control them in the bottom of the first post of the OoC? It would be helpful if the characters could be linked to the post that has their character sheet, too, but it's not necessary. I just know that things like that tend to help me, personally, especially when there is a very large group of characters and players.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:41 pm

@Kathryn - Sure. I can edit the first post to list the characters and players.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Awesome! I really appreciate it. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Oh. Digital muse, I fixed the thing we spoke about in my last post. Does it work better now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:22 am

@Raptorman = Yes, thank you.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Ok, so we are waiting on posts from MAsters & Everett and Liadan.

....Right?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next