FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed

+2
M4Minion
Digital Muse
6 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed Empty Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed

Post by Digital Muse Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 am

It’s a night like any other; people come home from work, have dinner and watch TV. Maybe head to the pub to have a few with their friends. Nothing at all odd in that. Or is there? In this RP, we’re giving a heavy nod to the world created by Jim Butcher in the Dresden Files. The setting is the modern day and it has all the same technology that we do. However, Magic, Magical beasts, myths and legends are all true. They live alongside Humans. The thing is that most humans aren't aware of their supernatural neighbors. Those that do know about them, regard them in many ways. Some are fascinated, some have no opinions and others are extremely prejudiced against them. Every nation’s government has a task force, similar to Interpol who police the supernatural called The Knights. They also have a subdivision dedicated particularly to managing and policing any individual possessing and using Magical abilities. Those individuals are watched and monitored almost excessively due to the range and destructive abilities they might control.

You can play any mythical beast or creature you can think of. But, be aware, if you don’t blend in, you will have a little trouble with attitudes and might want to stick in your own neighborhoods.

One note: Vampires cannot be older than 150 years and Magic users will be strictly watched plus have the added disadvantage of having ordinary technology go wonky anytime they’re near; cell phones get static, light bulbs burn out, TVs? Not gonna happen. Ever your car will hate you on a regular basis. Ask if you have questions about what we will or won’t allow.

People, well....preternatural people are disappeaing. Their friends and family won't go to the cops. Cops only care about Humans, don't they? The dense fogs and dark streets of London once more appear to harbor a killer, one more gruesome than the infamous Jack of the turn of the century. You're involved....all because of a mysterious old man.

Existing Characters:

Balthazar (Demon) - Dax

Masters and Everett (Elf and Berserker) - Kalaam

Drakken (Psychic Vampire) - Raptorman

Lance (Half-Vampire) - Loki

Zamira (Half-Siren) - Kathryn Lacey

Verchiel (Fallen Angel) - M4Minion

Liadan (Banshee) - Digital Muse

Last edited by Digital Muse on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed Empty Re: Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed

Post by Digital Muse Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:43 am

Please use the character sheet skeleton below. Remember, no Vampire can be over 150 years old (and thus incredibly powerful) and no Magic user cannot be known by the Knights. How well they keep off the Knight's radar (i.e. being a good citizen) is up to you.

M4 and I will have the right to ask you to alter your characters slightly if we find them unbalancing.

Rules:
Stick to common sense and the general FOG rules.

If you can't participate or if you'll be absent post something so we know. Regardless, we WILL move on without you and you can hop back in later.

Spellchecker is your friend. Neither of us expect whole chapters of writing suitable for an award. Just give us your best and have a good time.

Name:
Age: (not under 17 and not over 150; unless you’re really a good salesman)
Race: (Human, Werewolf, Vampire, Magic User, Fae, etc.).
Appearance: (Picture or physical descriptions are fine)
Personality:(Include attitudes towards other Preternaturals and Humans)
Powers: (Wizards, Witches, Mages, require an enormous amount of time to perform magic. Keep it reasonable).
Bio:
File:This is optional EXCEPT for any magic-user. Does your character have a file with The Knights? Have they had a run-in with the Preternatural law before? Are they still being watched?

Last edited by Digital Muse on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed Empty Re: Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed

Post by M4Minion Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:49 am

Name: Verchiel

Race: Angel (Fallen from Grace)

Appearance: In his Angelic form, Verchiel was a true warrior. Wearing holy armour, and wielding sword and spear forged in Heaven itself, he could cull entire armies of demons in defence of his home. Wings of pure white adorned his shoulders, and a halo of holy light sat atop his head.

Verchiels mortal form is impressive, by human standards, standing six and a half feet tall, with wide shoulders and a well toned body. His eyes are a dazzling shade of royal blue, his hair is dark and kept at a medium length. He usually wears a long black trench-coat over a dark suit. He appears to be in his mid thirties, with a handsome face, free of marks or blemishes.

Personality: Verchiel is an anachronism. Having detached himself from the mortal world since his fall, he is unfamiliar with some of the more common aspects of modern life. He doesn’t trust computers, or telephones, and doesn’t like television, preferring books for the rare times he desires entertainment.

He comes across as cold to most people, but this is mostly because he has very little idea how to interact with them. He is devoutly faithful, believing in the total limitless power of his God. When faced with danger, his first instinct is to walk away, in order to save his mortal vessel. His goal now is to find a way to return to Heaven, but as an Angel, lacking a mortal soul, if he dies he simply stops existing, rather than returning to the Kingdom to be with God. Thus, he fears his death more than anything else.

He respects other beings, be they mortal (the favoured of his Father), or supernatural (a number of whom are helping him in his quest to return home), but he has little patience for those who wilfully commit acts of evil, seeing them as mere shadows of the true demons he spent eons battling against as a Power.

Powers: He has lost most of his connection to Heaven and the Divine Grace which fuelled his Angelic abilities during his time as a Power, but Verchiels devout faith, along with the remaining trickle of heavenly power flowing into his mortal body, allow him to perform what some would call ‘minor miracles’. By channelling his faith, usually through prayer, he can perform a variety of small tasks, though the old ‘water to wine’ trick is at the upper levels of his current abilities.

Verchiel remembers all of his existence as an Angel, and as the Powers are the Keepers of History for the mortal races, his knowledge base is extensive. He remembers every event that has happened in the world, up until the point that he Fell.

As a Power, Verchiel was armed with a holy sword, which he used to protect the roads between Heaven and Earth from demonic invasion. The sword is beyond his reach, but the skill remains, and though he carries no weapon, he still knows how to fight when he has no other choice.

Bio: Verchiel was one of His timeless servants, a member of the Order of Potentates, in the Third Choir of Angels. The Powers, as they were also called, are Heaven’s first line of defence against demonic attack, guarding the pathways between His Kingdom and the mortal Earth. The Powers are the keepers of mortal history, serving as a living record for all of Gods creations on Earth.

The Powers are also tasked with rationing power among the mortal nations, steering the course of the world throughout history. It was this task that proved the downfall for Verchiel. In 1941, he was ordered to grant a substantial amount of power to a group he did not believe held the best interest of the world, and as the order came from higher ranking Angles, rather than God Himself, Verchiel refused. The higher Angels banished him from the Kingdom, locking him in a mortal shell to spend the rest of his immortality on Earth.

Verchiel has spent years circling the globe, making connections with mystics and shamans, with wizards and warlocks, with witch doctors and werewolves. He searches for news on the current state of things in Heaven, and hopes that someone might know of, or find, a way for him to regain his Grace, and return to the Kingdom as one of His loyal servants.

File:

From the files of The Knights
Subject: Verchiel
The Angel is known to the Knights. After his Fall, when he began walking the earth searching for a way back to Heaven, he approached us for aid, hoping we could offer him some sort of help. He knew of us, of course, because his angelic duties gave him knowledge of the mortal world. As the Knights do not deal with such things, we sent the Angel on his way, with a warning that if he ever strayed too far on his quest, we would be there to put an end to him.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Name: Liadan Kavanagh (called Lia)

Race: Fae: Banshee

Appearance: Liadan’s maiden form is that of an unusually beautiful woman. She is 5 feet 6 inches tall. Her hair is pale blonde with even whiter streaks in it. Her slightly almond-shaped eyes are a startling green. She is slender and almost fragile-looking. Her soft voice is almost musical and alluring.
The crone is a withered and bent old woman with a pronounced beak of a nose with slightly protruding black eyes. Her hands are deformed into claws by the appearance of Arthritis. In this form, her voice is scratchy and unpleasant in the extreme.
Liadan hides behind the guise of a bookish librarian with a severe hairstyle, frumpy clothes and sensible shoes. Since the only two Human forms she can take are a beautiful woman or an old crone, she chooses the young woman’s form and disguises herself. Sometimes, to avoid a particularly astute Human who can see her beauty, she will move about in the guise of the old woman to avoid their company. Invariably, Liadan wears gray-colored clothes.

Personality: Lia is embarrassed by what she is. Fae do not have the best reputation for trustworthiness, even in these modern times. And the Banshee, in particular aren’t welcome for their foretelling of impending death. She tries to remain out of the limelight, content with her job as an Analyst with the Knight division at New Scotland Yard. While she can sense and is even drawn to death, she has managed thus far to avoid being taken into the field as a resource. The fact that Humans have an unhealthy attraction to the Fae is also a source of intense embarrassment and she does her best never to reveal her ancestry. She hides behind the guise of a bookish librarian with a severe hairstyle, frumpy clothes and sensible shoes. While she’s very bright, she’s timid; a wall-flower and will get flustered if spoken to directly.
Like all of Fae ancestry, once a deal is made it cannot be broken, though the precise wording can give the Fae a way to wiggle out of those deals. A promise made three times becomes law for the Fae, thus the Knights are sure to make the rare Fae agent repeat their oath 3 times before fully integrating them into their ranks.

Powers: Sense death, premonitions of impending death (at a maximum of 2 blocks), keening wail (which can cause glass to shatter and Human eardrums to rupture), transformation into several forms including; a beautiful young woman, a hag, a carrion crow, a pig, a rabbit or weasel. The animal forms cannot speak and have only limited human intelligence.

Weakness: Iron burns their skin quite horribly, so Fae avoid touching iron at all costs. Her extraordinary beauty can be a great liability. When people see her out of her disguise, they remember her vividly.

Bio: Liadan’s banshee ancestors have been attached to the Irish family of Kavanagh for centuries and so this is the last name she uses. Her mother, grandmothers and great-grandmothers were all much sought after professional keeners at the family’s funerals. They were regarded with suspicion, fear, awe and pride as tradition only names 5 Irish families that particularly have true Fae banshees attached to them. Like many ethnic neighborhoods that are interspersed throughout London, the Fae section, known as FayeMair was no exception. Few Humans realized that true Fae congregated in that area, they only knew that many talented artists, singers and ‘the beautiful’ people seemed to congregate there.

Born in 1877, Liadan was only 11 when the infamous Jack the Ripper murders occurred in Whitechapel area of the Lower East End of London, not far from where her Father worked as a Policeman. Both her Mother and Liadan had to be sent far to the north part of the city to avoid the horrific visions and terror those deaths brought to them.

Over the years, she grew in beauty and garnered far more attention from Human men than she was comfortable with. She retired behind a disguise of a scholarly wall-flower when only 18 and has hidden there ever since. Liadan is atypical of most of the Fae who welcome attention and the fawning of the Humans. To Liadan, who takes her education and scholarly pursuits quite seriously; she seems to be forever fighting the stereotype of the Fairy people.

In 2005, Liadan was waiting for the subway near Russel Square to go to her job when an overpowering feeling of death washed over her. She felt that over 50 people were destined to die in flame and lightening. The feeling was so powerful, it forced a soft keening cry from her throat and she sat rocking herself and muttering at the stop as the bus came and went. Passengers, normally used to odd characters were struck by her bizarre behavior and phone the Police.

A patrol car arrived shortly thereafter and two officers approach the still rocking Liadan with quirked brows. “Well, my girl. What seems to be the problem?”

Liadan cries more loudly, explaining how so many were about to die. Believing her to be a nut, they take Liadan to their car and are no more than two blocks away when the terrorist bombs explode, killing 56, including the bombers and injuring 700 more. Liadan screams at the feeling of it, shattering the windsheild of the car and deafening the officers.

A whirl of activity, shouted questions, locked, tiny rooms and dozens of interrogators later found Liadan shouting her innocence and defiantly offering her aid to catch the perpetrators to the Knight that had taken over her case. Unknowing to all involved, the bombers had also died in the attack, so her promise can never be fulfilled and thus, she remains oathed to help the Knights.

File: Liadan is an analyst for the London branch of the Knights. Three other agents actually do the field work of investigation, arrest and gathering evidence for trial. The two men, Michael Duncan and Jerome Mayweather and one woman, Jennifer Destiner, are all human. Only the senior agent, Duncan, is aware of Lia’s Fae bckground in the local branch. The agents treat Liadan as a glorified secretary and researcher, which suits her just fine. She was recruited with extreme force (in other words, she made a promise by mistake) merely 4 years ago and has been trying to find a way out of the deal ever since. It’s not that she doesn’t like her work, it’s just the fact that she’d been tricked that sticks in her craw.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:40 pm

I have a question. I have a supernatural race that is not particularly powerful but a 150 year old is considered little more than a baby. Could I be allowed to use the more appropriate age for such a being? I can adjust the race but I would prefer to stick to the normal in terms of their relative ages because altering them means changing some very important things about them.

Is it alright for me to use them in their original form or do I really need to change them so that they are younger or just use a baby one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:14 pm

The race would have to come from known literary or legends and mythologies. I'd prefer not to introduce something new into the world.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:20 pm

So that means I must scrap my just finished character sheet. That rather stinks. Of course depending on your set of mythology the Raptorrim do exist in one form or another in several mythological settings.

So do I need to use a widely known supernatural race or does it just have to have been recorded somewhere at some time?

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:36 pm

A wikipedia list of legendary creatures

A wikipedia list of species in fiction

We came up with the idea of a 150 age cap to kind of limit knowledge and power to the characters. Even the angel above, Verchiel, knows almost nothing of the last 80 years, and doesn't know how to learn and play catch up all that well.

Also, we wanted to limit races to something from an actual legend or mythical source. This way, even if the characters haven't encountered a troll before, the players at least know what they're going to get in to when they run into somebody who's a troll.

I linked to a couple wikipedia lists above, that cover a great number of mythical and legendary creatures and races. Please note that just because the race exists on one of the lists, doesn't mean it'll be accepted (it just might not fit with the world), and also, if the list is missing something, it's not going to be tossed just because it's not on wiki.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 pm

Raptorman wrote:So that means I must scrap my just finished character sheet. That rather stinks. Of course depending on your set of mythology the Raptorrim do exist in one form or another in several mythological settings.

Sorry, I've never heard of the Raptorrim race or creature. I also did some web searches, and came up with nothing on them. If I missed something, I apologize.

By the sound of the name, is it a raptor based race? Like a 'if dinosaurs had evolved to the point of sentience' thing? If so, then I would suggest some sort of lizardman type race for you, though the age cap still applies.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:49 pm

It is an obscure race from a book I read several years ago. I confess to not remembering the name of the book. They are more similar to serpent people really. Illusion based power.

I can probably find another race without too much trouble though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Sorry for the double post but I am having difficulty sorting through that list. What sort of beings in general are allowed?

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:18 pm

As DigitalMuse said
The race would have to come from known literary or legends and mythologies.

As I said
we wanted to limit races to something from an actual legend or mythical source. This way, even if the characters haven't encountered a troll before, the players at least know what they're going to get in to when they run into somebody who's a troll.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Come along and make a sheet and play along. A strong story is waiting for some imaginative players!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 pm

I am still thinking of what to use. I do better making my own race but I understand your restriction. Just give me some time and I assure you the character will be very good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:25 pm

I'm interested in this RP, but I've never read those books. What are the rules regarding werewolves and vampires?

Can werewolves change at will or only during a full moon/at night?
Do werewolves lose memory of what happens when they are transformed?
Can they only be killed by silver weapons?

Does sunlight instantly kill a vampire or can they be outside as long as their body is covered by something?
Must they feed to survive?
Can they transform into bats or other animals?
Are they harmed by holy water or crosses?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:33 am

Loki wrote:I'm interested in this RP, but I've never read those books. What are the rules regarding werewolves and vampires?

Can werewolves change at will or only during a full moon/at night?
Do werewolves lose memory of what happens when they are transformed?
Can they only be killed by silver weapons?

Does sunlight instantly kill a vampire or can they be outside as long as their body is covered by something?
Must they feed to survive?
Can they transform into bats or other animals?
Are they harmed by holy water or crosses?

Different types of werewolves can change at will (this is limited to people who have taught themselves how to change, or have been given the ability by some more powerful being). These kinds can usually be killed through the normal means, though they are far harder to kill than a normal human or wolf. These types would remember anything they did while in wolf form. Usually, these change into overly large wolves, rather than the more popular wolf/human hybrid.

Other types of werewolves, who are the way they are because of a curse of some kind, do not have control over their transformations. They do not remember what they do in wolf form. And they transform into the giant wolfman type monster. These types can only be killed by silver.

There are a few different ideas for vampires. All of them can be harmed not just by a cross or holy water, but by any show of strong faith. A Star of David, with pure faith behind it, can drive one off just as well as a cross. And a cross, held by somebody that doesn't believe in what it represents, won't even bother the vamp.

One is your typical dracula type of vamp. An undead body, killed by sunlight, or a stake through the heart. Very strong and fast. Feeds off of flesh and blood of the living, turning them into spawn. These kinds can also hypnotize humans to become servents.

A second kind is more like a demon that hides its shape in a human body. It can transform into a man-bat creature, with wings, and claws and the like. It is harmed, but not killed, by sunlight. They feed off of blood.

A third is a kind of psychic vampire, feeding off a specific kind of strong emotion (usually fear or lust). They push their prey into feeling the emotion, then drain them. They appear human, though usually very good looking, with fair colouring. They are, physically, the weakest of the vampire types, but still far past human levels of any attribute.

These are just some ideas for werewolves or vampires. Though these specific ones are taken right from the Dresden-verse, this rp will be set in an alternate universe, so the world wont' be organized exactly the same as the Dresden Files. We just like the 'mystery meets supernatural' story ideas.

I hope some of that helps! If you have any questions, please ask them! I know Digital Muse loves to answer things, and personally, I love to hear myself type.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Would I be able to be a variation between the second and third type of vampire listed above?

Here are the characteristics I was thinking:
1) Appears to be human and is living. As such, he can be injured like a normal person would, but to a lesser extent since his body is more resilient. His body also has the ability to recover from injuries much quicker than his mortal counterpart.

2) Feeds off human blood, which increases his healing rate to the point where even deep, life threatening wounds would heal in a matter of a few minutes.

3) The physical capabilities of the second type, but lacks the transformation ability. He also shows no signs of aging and always appears to be in his mid-20's. His healing rate also prevents him from dying from old age or disease, but is still susceptible to poison and physical injuries.

4) Not killed by short term direct exposure to the sun, but doing so causes his skin to blister quickly and eventually die after significant exposure time. An expansion to that, indirect exposure to the sun (i.e. if his skin is completely covered by clothing or on an overcast day) is not fatal nor deteriorates flesh, but causes pain similar to severe sunburn and can progress to showing symptoms of sun poisoning.

5) Following the other vampire types, he is warded by demonstrations of strong faith.

If these traits are acceptable, then I will be able to have a CS probably by the end of the day. I made sure to make him balanced so that he would share several weaknesses of the three types as well as their strengths.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Kinda angry, here. Spent about an hour making my write-up to see it vanish... alas. So this time it will be much shorter. Still I would like to write for a duo.

Everett Bayriss
Male Humanish

Appearance: Once the Norse, the Danes, and others went a viking, slaughtering and even taking over most of England once. Some were heralded as beserkers, hulking giants that were immune to pain. Everett, like his father, and his father's father, is built in this old mold. 7'1'' and 3' across the shoulders, Bayriss is huge, and covered in thick slabs of muscle. The only thing needed to complete the stereotypical picture was the beard and long hair. He instead keeps his blond hair short cropped, and covers his light blue eyes with black sunglasses. Instead, his tailored black suit, scarred knuckles and demeanor screams high end bodyguard. He stands straight as if his spine had never heard of the word bend. There was no point in concealing his height anyway, he was in the weight class of adolescent ogres.

Personality: Everett has inculcated a calm and cheerful manner, and is usually quite charming. The cultured and urbane voice is combined with a deep bass that some find hypnotic. Despite his looks, he is extremely sharp, and possesses a fierce intellect. Another unexpected quality is the wry humor and self-deprecating jokes to keep the atmosphere calm and happy. He also has an iron will with only one weakness. His temper is volcanic, and once the red haze has descended completely, get the hell out of the way.

When he gets angry, the cultured facade falls away, revealing a dark avatar of war, an incarnation of carnage. Coldly furious with everything, he becomes utterly ruthless, brutal and totally lost in his divine blessing. In short he becomes a cold bastard and killing machine. Bayriss also laughs during combat, taking an unholy joy in killing. Knowing this is a part of him, Everett has channeled his lust for combat carefully into more appropriate domains.

Powers: Like the beserkers of old, getting enraged does several interesting things. However, while most Norse made dark pacts with old and careless powers, a god blessed the Bayriss line. Instead of becoming mindlessly lost to their animal natures, a Bayriss lives with it, a brain is still in control, mostly. The effects do not render him immune to pain, but only serve to heighten his rage. The rage is itself a source of magic, and when activated, boosts the users speed, strength, endurance, and even heightens the processing abilities of the brain with the quicker reflexes. Even the body becomes more durable and more responsive to damage, quickly clotting blood, and stabilizing other injuries. A passive gift that has become permanent is an increased ability to heal without major scarring and a increased rate of healing. (Nothing extreme, but about twice as fast on the recovery aspect. A broken bone still takes weeks to heal.) The usual method of killing such warriors was either chopping them apart or inflicting unsurvivable blood loss. Direct magics have a limited effect given the magic inherent by the rage generates a dampening effect.

The down side is that the rage is like a drug, and it is addicting. Furthermore, depending on the stress inflicted on the body during combat, bodily processes are slowed to improve recovery times. Even the brain descends into a fugue state, and Everett tends to slur his words. Another price is that all pain ignored during combat is realized at once after the rage is over, and has induced fatal heart attacks. Some men perish from lethal wounds that went by unnoticed. Others collapse from exhaustion, and the Bayriss line always has a nasty headache that persists for a while. It makes them grouchy and more likely to enrage again to avoid the hangover, to use again.

He has stages of rage which he classifies as white, yellow, orange, red, and black. White is normal, yellow is irritated, but orange is in danger of descending into the red haze. Red is the beginning of the rage. This is the standard enraged state, and usually incurs a penalty of a few days to recover. Black is above red by an order of magnitude, and extremely dangerous for everyone. Black has the brain descend to a more survival oriented state where everything becomes classified by threats, and only thinks strategically, the body takes over the tactics. Black is state where he is as fast or faster, as strong, or stronger, as tough or tougher, than the average supernatural creature. This takes a few weeks to recover from. There is a state that is categorized as above black. It has not been reached by the Bayriss line in many generations, and everyone in the family is grateful for it. Above-black signals that the god of war who blessed the line has taken serious interest, and has decided to play the avatar game. It also almost invariably kills the user afterward. The lone survivor was wasted cripple, mentally broken. This state requires an unholy amount of gore and carnage, and a ample supply of enemies to kill.

Bio: Everett Bayriss grew up far from his ancestors' ancient stomping grounds, the deserts of North America. His father trained him in the traditional arts of war, and some imported or new ones. Despite his natural athleticism, the boy was prevented from participating in sports. It was too dangerous for the other competitors. Always more interested in what his teachers called fantasies and day dreams, Everett was never expected to do much after high school. He bunked the curve, acing the college entrance exams. He graduated from Boston College, with a degree in engineering.

Next came a stint in the military. Natural prowess honed by his father's inherited experience, Everett quickly managed to get himself into covert and black military operations. Five years of third world hell holes gave him an experience he would never forget, and neither would the military. A enemy force ambushed his squad, killing most. Bayriss tracked down the patrol after they returned to their 'camp,' quickly proceeding to begin getting drunk, and raping the captured women. The sight of such wanton cruelty, and such smug incompetence from both his squad, and their ambushers made the man hit black. The lone survivor of the squad found Bayriss covered in blood. It was mostly others, but a good amount was his as well. The hacked apart corpses did not help much as the man seemed to have mentally broken. He was released with an honorable discharge, despite the slaughter of all the people there.

An old 'friend' recruited him to help take over a cartel. The friend was incompetent and quickly disposed of. Samuel Masters, who headed it, was impressed by Everett. They became friends and eventually partners. A trip to London, where Samuel's sister Elene lived caused the big man to fall helplessly in love with the beautiful half-elf. He never said a word, and stayed silent, his normally charming tongue tripping over itself. Word reached Samuel Masters and Everett Bayriss that Elene had been slaughtered in London. Masters knocked the big man unconscious and restrained him for the news, with thick steel bars. Chains would have been the wrong choice to go here.

File: The Knights have a bare bones account of Everett Bayriss, mostly what the government had. They also have traced his line back to the source, and know of his particular curse. There is a note to treat with caution.

Samuel Masters
Male Half-Elf
Age is unknown, but estimated to be around a hundred and twenty.

Appearance- Samuel possesses the dark, unearthly beauty of the winter fae. His dark black hair is usually more shiny from being unwashed than any natural shine. The aquiline and pointed features of his face are crown by piercing green eyes. The only feature he takes any care of is his teeth, due to a favorite torture of the region. The hair is usually kept long enough to cover the slight point to his ears. He tends to favor light weight, dark colored fabric to aid in his trained abilities. He is six feet three inches tall, and whip cord slim, all lean muscle and tendon, with no fat on his bones. He moves with the killing grace of a predator, and is usually quite intimidating.

Bio: Samuel remembers the dark and cold forests of Northern Europe as part of his childhood. He doesn't remember much else except for disdain for his heritage, from other full elves. It didn't matter that a lord of the Wild Hunt had been enthralled by a mortal woman. It had happened before, and this was not the first child that had been sired either. Despite the haze of childhood, he remembers becoming cunning, brutal and ruthless to survive.

He left to be trained in the faerie world around his mid twenties as the Old World first began to truly war amongst itself. His father personally supervised his son's training. Samuel's progress was astounding, and his speed and dexterity was a true credit to his father. As was the particular cunning amorality the young man exhibited. Two events coincided with each other. As his father found his child's gift with magic despicably limited to the low arts of glamours and weak shadow magics, he left to go spend time with his second child from Alice, Samuel's mother. The entire family doted upon the beautiful girl, who was so talented with music.

It was another twenty years before Samuel was given his first assignment. This also coincided with the failed assassination attempt on his father that had taken ten years of planning. Samuel's abilities in shadow magics had truly matured, and still are concealed. Suspicion was cast off on another shadow stalker, and his enraged father tortured the innocent fae to death, starting a feud. However, a the familial falling out had the half-elf exiled to Asia to amass some wealth and research certain rumors of magical artifacts.

Given some limited funding, Samuel has created a monster of a cartel owning most of the illegal smugglers across south east Asia outright. He also has frequent feuds with other monsters with pursue similar interests behind closed doors. He particularly hates vampires and sorcerers. He disdains most everyone with respect only for the most powerful, like dragons, or the Fallen. His disdain for wizards has turned into a hate driven suspicion as the only word about his sister's murder involves that aspect of the supernatural community.

File: The file on his father is thicker, and more detailed. His isn't that bad either, with cautionary warnings mostly based on his cartel's might rather than his own formidable, and painstakingly concealed skills. The pair are noted together as highly suspicious, and warrant careful watching in London. The file on his mother and sister are currently unavailable.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:09 pm

@Kalaam: Both characters look terrific and I like the strengths and weaknesses you've outlined for each. The only thing I'd add is a bit more information on the Knights file on Everett since he is magically blessed. You're good to go.

Loki: We also like your idea alot. To us, your combination of strengths/weaknesses and powers are just fine, but seem like the character might be a hybrid. A human/Vamp mix and we're just fine with that too. The only thing I'd add is a note letting us know whether the Knights are aware of him and have a file or not. Other wise, he's also good to write up a CS.

I'll get an IC going tonight. Thanks for the interest! Hope you both like mysteries because there will be a little bit of detective work to go through!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:57 pm

I should finally have a CS up soon. A being that preys on emotions. I like that concept very much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Eh, ok. The thing is, even Everett doesn't know who blessed him, just the rage itself. How about we add the different stages of rage, excluding the above-black thing. It is mostly an unconfirmed rumor to anyone else. It would come to the attention of the government considering he slaughtered an armed village with it. So that too?

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:04 pm

Name: Drakken-Koran Goes by - Drake at this time.
Race: Psi leach
Appearance: Depends on wether he is trying to look human or not. Human like this-Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed Randall-flagg-email-final-j

True form like this- Disappeared...in London - OOC - closed Morgoth__the_First_Dark_Lord_by_Gileryd
Personality:Well he feeds on humans and so regards them for the most part as little more than food. His favorite emotions are actually a combination of fear and lust which means that he doesn't always treat the other humans as nothing more than food. Or at least not always. He typically will not leave a victim till he has finished them off and will return time after time till they at last are expended of all their spiritual energy.
Powers:
He is faster and stronger than a human and he does not bleed when cut. He heals at an accelerated rate often recovering from wounds that would be fatal to a normal human in a few days. This is in human form. He can sense the general location of people around him who are feeling the emotions he feeds off of.

When in his true form he is far more powerful than his human form but he also is far weaker in some ways. In his true form sunlight will cause him to actually burst into sickly green flames. This fire will fade if he leaves the light but burns like that heal very slowly. He also is more resistant to bullets and other weapons of that nature. He is stronger in his true form as well. His tracking ability is heightened and is far more precise.

In both forms he can drain the life of a person who is feeling the emotions he feeds upon. In his human form it has to be through touch or more intimate contact. In his true form he just has to be nearby.

In all forms he is weak to silver and dislikes fire as well. He has to feed on something every 7 days if he doesn't he begins to go into withdrawal and cannot shift out of his true form. He then begins to consume himself slowly as he needs food and begins to fear his own death. He would eventually consume his own life and die.

Bio: Drakken was and is an enigma even to himself. Approximately 150 years ago he just woke up in the sewers of london and can remember nothing of his life before that. After he woke he felt this hunger to feed but on what he didn't know. He wandered the streets of london for a while and gradually began to realize that those times he felt most alive where when someone was feeling fear and he could touch them. With this discovery he began to realize that his hunger was for emotions to feed upon and this allowed him to realize his true potential. He spent several years as a petty snatch and grabber who would scare the people he stole from to feed of their fear of him and loss.

Then one day about 140 years ago he changed again after a particularly rich feeding. He had hit the jackpot and terrified several people so badly they actually begged him to dispose of them. He did so and fed off their fear as always. He shifted forms into his true form after he had gorged himself and he began to discover the power he possessed. He could command people to feel fear and they would feel it. He could make them hate each other, he could turn petty arguments into riots and then feed off the fear of those who the riots threatened and those who were attacked by them.

He did discover by very painful trial and error what his own limits where though. He couldn't go out in the sunlight for more than a few seconds before he would erupt into flames in his true form and he could only drain the emotions and life from a distance when he was in his pure form. He after a near run in with the nights decided he needed to seek a new way of sustenance and though he still feeds on terror when the opportunity presents itself he also feeds on lust and ecstasy. That he only needs to be near to feed on but it does not truly satisfy his hunger nor does it allow him to truly drain the life unless he is physically touching even in true form.

Hunger drove him back to his ways of inciting conflicts and occasionally when desperate he would even kill to cause fear himself feeding on the victim but now always being careful to avoid detection. He has been living like that for the last 100 years simply living to live, living to survive in a world that hates his kind.

File: He doesn't have a file as the knights don't actually know who he is. There is a file about him that never actually names him from the series of deaths he caused back in the beginning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:03 pm

@Kalaam - That's just fine. They might not actually know much at all, only that a magical signature can be felt in the air around him. The only thing would be, as you already mentioned, that they are 'persons on interest' to the Knights.

**Edit**

THE IC

Your intro post should be just that; introduce your character and what they are doing in London.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:29 pm

Name: Lance Ryuzaki
Race: Vampire Hybrid
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 120 lbs
Personality: Lance is extremely aloof and casual, not caring what those around him think or do. This persona is clearly demonstrated in his posture; Lance is always slouching and dragging his feet if he is wandering idly and usually folds his knees towards his chest whenever he is sitting, even if it is in a chair. Not necessarily introverted, but Lance only speaks if he feels he has something significant to contribute to the conversation; he much prefers to sit on the sidelines and observe.

Lance is highly intelligent, especially when it comes to problem solving, and very logical in his thought processes and planning. Only on rare occasions does he ever show an emotion that isn’t neutral; it is even more rare for him to act on these emotions. Those that try to provoke a reaction typically get little more than an uncaring stare, which usually ceases the provocations once the person becomes either frustrated at their failed attempt or embarrassed by the futility of their foolish actions.

There are two primary driving forces that would cause any significant reaction from Lance. The first is to present him with some sort of puzzle in which he has to devote significant thought to solve. He is curious by nature, but also quick to bore once his interest in the object or creature fades. The second is acts of violence against innocent people. Events in Lance’s life has caused him to develop a strong sense of personal justice, which he carries out every opportunity he gets. Lance’s victims are predominately people he deems evil and unfit to exist in society. This code of ethics includes both humans and preternaturals since he views them as equal, most likely because he falls under both categories.

Powers:
Increased Physical Attributes – Lance possesses strength, agility, endurance, intelligence, and perception that far exceeds human standards; especially agility and intelligence. He prides himself for his exceptional skill in acrobatics and stealth. Parkour has always fascinated Lance, but he has taken it to levels that at boarder on physically impossible at times.

Healing Factor – Lance is able to recover from injuries approximately four times quicker than his mortal counterparts. This rate increases exponentially after feeding on human blood, to the point where even deep, life threatening wounds would heal in a matter of a few minutes. In addition to this, his body no longer ages after reaching the physical equivalent of a 24 year old and is immune to all diseases. Although his is more resilient to poison, he is still able to be harmed by it.

Weaknesses:
Mortality – Although Lance is unable to die from natural causes, his body is still able to be injured and killed like any other human, but not quite as easily. Bleeding out and fatal injuries are very possibly, but can be prevented by feeding before succumbing to his injuries.

UV Weakness – Lance’s flesh is unable to handle UV rays, specifically from the sun. Short term exposure causes blistering and excruciating pain; long term exposure could be lethal. Indirect exposure to the sun (i.e. if his skin is completely covered by clothing or on an overcast day) is not fatal nor deteriorates flesh, but causes pain similar to severe sunburn and can progress to showing symptoms of sun poisoning.

Warded by Faith – Like all other vampires, Lance can be harmed not just by a cross or holy water, but by any show of strong faith. A Star of David, with pure faith behind it, can drive one off just as well as a cross. A cross, held by somebody that doesn't believe in what it represents, won't even bother the vamp. Although his half-human side ensures that such symbols are not lethal, only inflict large amounts of pain.

Bio: Lance is a product of a human mother, Nadia, and a traditional vampire father, Macarius. Although he never met his father, his mother claimed that the two of them had fallen in love and remained together for a year. After that time, Macarius could no longer cope with the difficulty of being in a relationship with a mortal and having to live is own life as one, but he also couldn’t bring himself to take the life of the one he loved. The night Nadia returned home with news that she was pregnant; all she found was a vacant house and a note on the table explaining why his father left.

For the next six years, Lance was taken care of by only his mother who was able to steal pints of blood from the hospital to provide the nourishment for her child that human food could only partially supply. The love for her son was unquestionable and unyielding, but raising a vampire hybrid certainly wasn’t easy for emotionally or financially. Nadia switched to working night shifts so that she could be around to protect her son during the day when he was most vulnerable. When Lance was five, Nadia found another suitor to take care of her and her child. This man went by the name of Nigel; a wealthy executive who had partial ownership in several businesses throughout Europe. After two years, Nigel finally proposed and married Nadia, all the while still oblivious that his new son-in-law was not pure human. This was primarily possible because he worked throughout the day and would spend large portions of time out of the area on business trips, not to mention that Nadia discovered that raw meat was effective enough at supporting Lance’s need for blood.

It was after the marriage that things had taken a turn for the worse. After one particularly long business trip to Asia, Nigel had returned home with a drug addiction and a shortened temper. From that point on, he became abusive towards Nadia, but she never complained as long as he left Lance alone. Even though Lance was only eight at the time, he had the mental capacity of somebody who was in their mid-twenties. Each time he insisted on defending his mother, Nadia made him promise not to get involved no matter how bad things got. Then came the moment that things had gotten out of hand and sent Lance down the path of vigilantism. Sometime when Lance was ten, Nigel’s drug problem escalated to the point when he became mentally unsound and extremely paranoid. One night when Lance and Nadia were in the living room, Nigel entered with gun in hand and a dazed expression on his face. He shot both Lance and Nadia in the chest before turning the gun on himself. With Nadia’s dying request, she told Lance to drink her blood to save his own life, which he done reluctantly.

From that night until his 18th birthday, Lance resided in an orphanage without any prospects of adoption. The other children teased him because of his odd personality and his skin condition that he used as a reason to remain out of the sun. During the day, Lance would remain in his room surrounded by puzzles, brainteasers, and books. At night, he would sneak out of the orphanage to work on his free running and feed on stray animals. Once he had become a legal adult, he had received his family’s inheritance which was more than enough to ensure that Lance could live a modest life off of the interest that his step-father had earned. As such, Lance never bothered to find a job or live as a normal person; rather he would wait until nightfall to stalk the streets for people he deemed evil and took it upon himself to dispatch them from society.

The next several years of his life, he would seek his own form of personal justice. It wasn’t long before he stumbled into several underground sects and learned that there was a lot more preternaturals in the world, though he never made it a point to align himself with them. In Lance’s mind, he didn’t belong in either world since he was a hybrid. Instead of affiliating himself with any particular group or establishing some sort of life in the human world, he decided to continue living the life of a night stalker vigilante. Since he started dealing his own form of justice, the crime rate in his hometown had dropped by 70%. Satisfied with what he has accomplished, Lance decided that he would move on to a larger city and make a difference there as well. A year after his arrival his arrival in London, crime rates have made a noticeable dip while acts of vigilantism have been on the rise. So far, the police have no leads as the group behind these acts, most likely because the case has received little attention from the authorities.

File: Lance is well aware of the problem that The Knights pose towards his existence, but also views them as good for society; as such, he avoids confrontation and goes to lengths to stay undetected by them. This is primarily done by inflicting fatal wounds to his victims with conventional weapons, typically in the form of a knife, then feeding on the blood without leaving unusual markings that would alert them to the presence of a vampire. As such, The Knights are yet unaware of his existence since the local police have no reason to suspect preternatural activity regarding the murders.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Last edited by Dax on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:00 am

@Loki: You're good to go with Lance. The IC is up and running (see Muse's link above), and welcome to the game.

@Dax: We're trying to limit the number of like creatures in the game, to keep each character unique. We already had to turn away a character who was a death oman, because one already existed. As it is, we already have an Angel in the group, so we're going to have to say no to Samiazas. We would love for you to be in the game though, if you'd like to put something else forward. If you want or need any assistance, please ask anything here on the OOC, or send to myself or Digital Muse via Personal Message on the boards.

Thank you, all, for your interest in the game!

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:18 pm

ok, so what could I take that would not be repeating the already axisting characters? I see a magician, angel, death omen, vampire hyrbrid.

So, what are the possibilities of a race that I could take. Is another magician acceptable?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:42 pm

I am a psi leach. I feed off of emotions. So don't take that one.

Otherwise everything is open pretty much.

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Demons, devils, undead (other than vampires), were-creatures, a wizard/witch (not of the Fae, and using magic other than Shadow). Also, things like other races. Orcs, Ogres, Trolls. Something from a Grimms Brothers story. Doesn't even have to be humanoid (Sphinx, or such), though, one like that would be very hard to hide in plain sight.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Doh, my original idea was for a demon!

ok, I will post something else then. Smile
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next