FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED]

+4
Gunneh
Bird of Hermes
Loki
Sighlent
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What genre do you hope to see for the better part of this RP?

[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED] Votele100%[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED] Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED] Votele100%[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED] Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED] Votele10100%[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED] Voteri10 100% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 8

[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED] Empty [Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED]

Post by Sighlent Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:31 pm

[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED] Dp-1-1

[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED] Wh2

In a universe much like our own, there live three races of highly advanced beings: The Talonians, the Krylox and the Obaran. These three governed and lived happily amongst themselves for millennia, building trade and other similar ties with the other worlds of the other races. That is, until the overly Imperialistic Talonians decided to unite the entire universe under one rule. There were many conflicts, many lives were lost, but, in the end, the sheer number of the Talonians forced the end of the war and united the three races under the rule of the Interplanetary Republic (IPR).

Years went by without incident, but, soon, the IPR became more ruthless in their rule, often silencing the voice of an entire planet if it became unruly. Some remained loyal, but others began to speak of revolution. More often than not, those revolutionaries were silenced just as the rest were.

Today, you will join the crew of the R.S.S. (Republican Star Ship) Neverender, a Prise-Class IPR Battleship that’s en route for the IPR capital of Syron. There have been rumors of mutiny, but the Captain has quelled the fears of the crew and things appear to be going according to plan. Still, even more questions have been raised when an apparently “dead” planet appears on the Neverender’s radar. This planet appears on no maps and there is absolutely no record of this planet anywhere. Will the IPR be able to handle the secrets that are revealed to the crew of the Neverender or will the Delirium Provision be silenced again?

------------------------

RACES:
The Talonian: Your humans of the universe, Talonian's can be portrayed in any shade or color and with an even wider range of shapes and sizes. Festive beings who have holidays for just about everything, they are usually jovial and delightful beings, and creative at best. However, Talonian's can also be quite emotional and wreckless when placed in difficult situations. When placed in the utmost danger they are able to call upon energies, and even the life force of those around them, to defend themselves, but unless schooled in this ability the results are usually fatal to not only them but those who are around them at the time. Also known as Tal's, they are the more predominant race outnumbering both the Krylox and the Obarans.

The Krylox: A race of brutes, wherein the bigger you are the more respect you're entitled to. Ranging in height from the shortest being 8 feet, to their leader Dur Orthos who is said to be well around 16 feet tall, the Krylox's way of life is a relatively ongoing competition. A male Krylox is often either black, red, or yellow with similar accenting colors, while female Krylox's are normally shades of pastels, light, bright, and extremely colorful - really important when it comes time for mating. Their main features consist of large cat like eyes, prodominant cheek bones, thin noses, horns that protrude from the sides of their heads, and scaley skin like that of a snake. Tempermental and hard to please the Krylox are usually not easily liked, but with a loyalty fiercer than a blazing sun they make great allies and feared enemies.

The Obaran: Scholars, healers, and philisophical beings of extreme intelligence the Obaran are by far the more productive of the three races as well as the most unearthly. Usually abnormally pale, with white or silver hair they have unique and piercing colored eyes that vary from turquoise all the way to magenta, hence the nickname 'Bright Eyes' so deemed by the other two races. The Obaran are quite advanced in all things but even so they are the lesser of the three beings when it comes to emotions and personalities. They are quite pessimistic, and find themselves above everyone which is why they rarely ever smile and laugh. However, even so, they are considered the most peaceful of the three beings and are well known for their ability to calm those around them when they step into a room. This ability is known as Kaes-raha and is only achieved after an Obaran has reached a certain age and mentality level, and is further more a state rather than an ability.

------------------------

CHARACTERS:

Sighlent - Obsidian Ikkin (Talonian/Obaran)
Spoiler:
Gunneh - Zane Kilgannon (Talonian)
Spoiler:
Descent - Atai'Ra (Obaran)
Spoiler:
Bird of Hermes - Ka'na Vak'Growlkyk (Talonian-Krylox Hybrid)
Spoiler:
Loki - Doroga Geddy (Krylox)
Spoiler:
Quakernuts - Justin Cryte aka JC (Talonian)
Spoiler:
Anaris - Vespa Rioani (Talonian)
Spoiler:
The Melancholy Spirit - Xymaux DeFleur
Spoiler:

------------------------

SONGS OF RELEVANCE

As you all know, Gunneh and I are die hard Coheed and Cambria fans and it is from their music that we were inspired to create this RP in the first place! What you probably don't know is that on a daily basis in which given situations occur, we like to reference back and forth to their songs, which is where this segment of our OOC comes into play. 'Songs of Relevance' is where we will post songs that we have found that particularly characterize what this RP is about. Now, are you aloud to suggest songs? Of course! Do they have to be Coheed and Cambria? No. Basically what we intend to do is make up a playlist wherein you have some cool background music to write your posts to or just enjoy listening to in general! Anyway, hope you guys enjoy!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

------------------------

WELCOME HOME!

Hello lovelies! Welcome to mine and Gunneh's little part of the world. If you don't recognize the title then you should know that not only is this a really great song, but it is also a Roleplay that Gunneh and I have previously tried out on other sites. However, it failed on every site due to inactivity and the general lack of want. But this time it will be different! Cause this is FOG. Anyway, yes most of the names are derived from songs and different pieces of the band Coheed and Cambria (I DID say that it was mine and Gunneh's little part of the world after all). Now, do you have to use names like we did? No. Feel free to get as creative as you want so long as you don't get too carried away. If you're curious as to what the races look like you can click the names and they will pull up pictures. All save for the Talonian's, cause they're just colored people. Keep in mind you won't always find pictures as we have and that is ok! General descriptions are just fine with us if you can'f find pictures. If you are able to find pictures and would like them edited, I am always happy and able to do so. Anyway, if you have ANY questions please feel free to ask! Gunneh and I will only be too happy to answer.

-Sigh

Last edited by Sighlent on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:41 am; edited 17 times in total
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED] Empty Re: [Welcome+Home]//[OOC][CLOSED]

Post by Loki Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:48 pm

I am intrigued. Can you give me a little insight as to the technology during this time period? Are we looking at a Star Wars/Star Trek, Mass Effect, or other form of weaponry, technology, and what have you?

Could you also throw up a CS template or did you want us to just make an all-encompassing one?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm working on a CS template but Gunneh would have to answer your questions about the technology. Very Happy
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Can I play a Krylox with a bit of Tal blood?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Well the Krylox don't necessarily mate outside of their species. I mean could you see big ol' brute roughly about 10 foot in the picture I gave laying it into some small 5 foot human basically? Much less, the woman actually giving birth and living to tell the tale?

The ONLY way I will agree to that is 1) the mother did NOT survive 2) she was really out of her mind or raped. Or unless you can come up with something way better that is really interesting and informative.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:00 pm

The tech is going to be somewhere in the middle of everything, to be quite honest. Another thing with it being from Sigh and my minds is that things like Star Wars/Star Trek and Firefly/Serenity are going to be mixed together as well. Think of it this way: The star ships are capable of FTL (Faster Than Light) Jumps and plasma weaponry has come into play, but bullets haven't been given up on, either. Also, no lightsabers...but there are still bladed weaponry.

So it's kinda...High and Low Sci-Fi had a bastard love-child and this was it.

Hermes: It seems like it could be a pretty cool idea, but giving a Big Boy the Talonian energy powers...it seems a bit on the overpowered side. I'll check with Sigh, though.

EDIT: Umm...ok then...What Sigh said as well >.>
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:05 pm

As I've said, I don't mind, hell I encourage it! But it wouldn't have been like a normal coupling. Maybe the Krylox really DID love it's Talonian mate, it IS possible (as anything is possible). But just be creative with it!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Oh, and here is the CS. The reason there is so much for appearance is because not everyone will be able to simply find a picture.

Name:
Nickname: (If any.)
Race:

Eye Color:
Hair Color/Style:
Height:
Weight:
Style: (What they wear, how they wear it.)
Tattoos/Piercings/Scars:
Weapons:
Occupation: (Yes, your occupation can be a crewmember of the Neverender.)

Last edited by Sighlent on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Well the Krylox don't necessarily mate outside of their species. I mean could you see big ol' brute roughly about 10 foot in the picture I gave laying it into some small 5 foot human basically? Much less, the woman actually giving birth and living to tell the tale?

The ONLY way I will agree to that is 1) the mother did NOT survive 2) she was really out of her mind or raped. Or unless you can come up with something way better that is really interesting and informative.

I was actually thinking Krylox mother and Talonian father. >_<

You do make a point about size and, if Krylox don't mate outside of their own species, it would be hard to justify a Krylox-Talonian relationship.

However, I was thinking that, since Krylox value size and color for mating, perhaps the mother was dimly-colored and small and, thus, unable to find a mate of her own species. Wishing to have a child of her own, she seduces or kidnaps a Talonian male for that purpose.

If you think that it is too far-fetched, just let me know and I will come up with something else.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Also, the child wouldn't have the Talonian energy powers.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:33 pm

I would like to reserve a seat in this RP, but need a little bit of time to think of what type of character I would like to play.

So far I'm thinking of a straight up Krylox, but still need to make up my mind in a few departments.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Bird of Hermes wrote:

I was actually thinking Krylox mother and Talonian father. >_<

You do make a point about size and, if Krylox don't mate outside of their own species, it would be hard to justify a Krylox-Talonian relationship.

However, I was thinking that, since Krylox value size and color for mating, perhaps the mother was dimly-colored and small and, thus, unable to find a mate of her own species. Wishing to have a child of her own, she seduces or kidnaps a Talonian male for that purpose.

If you think that it is too far-fetched, just let me know and I will come up with something else.

I really don't get how a woman would rape a man, ESPECIALLY a Krylox woman. I know this is going into explicit and sexual detail but the male would have to ejaculate meaning he would have to 'rise' to the occasion. If I were the poor Tal man that had been kidnapped, I wouldn't be able to think straight much less perform...if you catch my drift.

Sorry love. Try something else. If you would like some help we can PM back and forth if you'd like?
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm

-covers her little virgin ears as we go into sexual detail-

LALALA... Ahem. I will take it to PMs then. I hope I am not being too much of a bother. ^ ^;
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Descent Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey guys! I hope I can join this! I've been looking for a role play to join on FOG and this one has finally caught my interest!

Now I was thinking of joining as a Krylox, but it seems that there are a couple of those so I'll go in for some variation and be an Obaran. Seems like an interesting character to play and one that will really exercise my ability to portray such an aloof character.

Name: Atai'Ra
Nickname: None...yet. Other than the racially typical 'Bright Eyes'
Age: 237 Standard Galactic Years of age. However his hauntingly defined and chiselled features and smooth, flawless skin bely his long years.
Race: Obaran

Eye Color: Dark amethyst
Hair Color/Style: Bright silver and drawn into a lengthy pony tail.
Height: 6'2
Weight: 72kg
Style: Atai'Ra dons a pragmatic, yet elegant, outfit of form-fitting garments. Their subtle beige and pale blue colours reflect his serene personality and emphasise his tranquil presence. Over his clothes he often wears a hooded cloak of dark green, the inside of which has many concealed pockets and straps for anything he should need to carry on his person.
Tattoos/Piercings/Scars: None.
Weapons: Despite his inherent peaceful nature, his position often calls him to battle and as such he carries select weaponry on him when required. His choice of ranged weaponry is a sleek and elegant pistol of advanced Obaran technology. It fires a flesh-tearing hail of razor-sharp discs by means of a gravitic accelerator. The accelerator creates a peristaltic shift from the front to the rear of the firing chamber, hurling the projectiles forward at a tremendous velocity. A burst of several projectiles can be fired in a fraction of a second in this way.
The projectiles themselves are razor-sharp monomolecular-edged discs of crystal, and are usually star-shaped, triangular or circular. A disc can slice straight through flesh and bone, and can penetrate a considerable thickness of metal or fibre armour.
A single solid core of crystal material is used as ammunition. As the weapon is fired, high-energy impulses from the back of the weapon form the individual projectiles by splitting the ammunition core.

Hopefully this is in keeping with Obaran technological prowess, but if not it can be changed.

He also carries a selection of monomolecular-edged blades, more often used for non-violent tasks, but equally suited to such a purpose should they be required to. They range in size from a couple of inches to a full two feet in length.

Last edited by Descent on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Welcome Descent! So far you sheet is superb, very well written!

Obaran's age like Elves I suppose. They can be hundreds of years old and still only look to be in their early 20's.

Tal's age like humans.

And Kyrlox usually varies. Because of their brutal natures their lives are usually cut short. However they age more or less the same as Tal's, only they live slightly longer. 200's to be specific.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:20 pm

If I could, I would like to reserve a spot. I'll just need a little time to figure out what my character is going to be.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:30 pm

Still room guys??

Back to top Go down

Post by Descent Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:46 am

Alright! Very Happy

Edited and finished my sheet! I'm really looking forward to this and glad to see more people are showing interest. I would advise everyone to be considerate to the role play in their choice of character race, so we don't have a majority of one race and instead maintain a nice balance of variation. Smile
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Yes, to Quakernuts (your name makes me lolz every time I read it) and yes to Anaris, however this time please use a different name other than Cambria. That always bothered me about the last one for some reason.

EDIT: Descent, are you going to fill out the Occupation, Bio, and Personality?
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:59 pm

I will have a character sheet up Monday. I am finishing some school work right now. End of the semester rush, you could say. I may have it earlier than that.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Descent Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Oh, I didn't see those last three.

Hm, well, I thought we were all members of the Neverender's crew, so I'll go with that. What specific roles actually need filling? If I had a roster it would be a lot easier to determine my character's occupation.

As for the other two, I'd request for them to be left blank. I hate writing up personality and history briefs on my characters as I find it to be horribly restrictive when it comes to IC. I prefer to develop and reveal those kinds of things through IC posts.

I hope that is okay. confused
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:40 pm

I need to figure out why my character is on the Star Ship Neverender as well.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:23 pm

I'll take a Talonian. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:16 am

Well it doesn't matter if you're apart of the crew or not, after all the very beginning of the RP involves us crashing to the surface of the DP after being shot down. The reason we get shot down is a mystery in the beginning (although mine and Gunneh's characters have their suspicion's which will be leaked out as we go through). You do NOT have to be a member of the crew, you can be anything you want! A salesmen, a housewife, whatever floats your boat!

Also that is perfectly fine Descent! I actually agree with what you're saying so I'm going to take those aspects of the Character Sheets out! It gives everyone's characters an air of mystery, and the less we know ourselves the less our characters will know!

And BoH please feel free to take your time! As you can tell not even Gunneh and I have erected our CS's. I've actually gotten someone on DA to commission Sid! I'm so excited! Sid has out of ALL of my character's always been my favorite! Given I've changed her a bit since I last used her, she's still the same old kick ass girl!

Anyway...yeah. Take your time you guys and again please note that I will be omitting the Backgrounds and Personalities from the character sheets!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:41 am

I got a question. If we are not a part of the Neverender's crew, how would we end up crashing on the planet?
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:55 am

How did I miss this...

~grumbles~
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:00 am

The Neverender also serves a transportation vessel.

Right now with the IPR isn't exactly the most beloved of governments and getting back and forth between worlds (especially the capital world of Syron) has become ever more increasingly difficult. As a precautionary measure, the IPR replaced the original transports with Prise Classed Battleships. Although they're not very big and as armored as other ships might be, they serve well enough to get the job done if they're attacked by pirates or those in opposition to the IPR.

Any more questions? Also, I posted my CS. Very Happy
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:19 pm

AH! A Coheed and Cambria-inspired Roleplay, and I MISSED IT?!

If this re-opens, or something of the sort, PLEASE pm me.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Name: Justin Cryte
Nickname: JC
Race: Talonian

Eye Color: Black with white lines spreading from the Iris in a cylindrical pattern.
Hair Color/Style: Dark red, short, and naturally spikes up at the front when not wearing a hat.
Height: 6’0
Weight: 195 lbs
Style: Justin wears what an average Joe might just wear. Often, he is simply wearing a T-shirt with some weird symbol on it that has no meaning to anyone. His jeans loose, but fit well enough without a belt. Wearing sneakers and a ball cap, he adds a simple golden ring on his right hand. This all put together gives the impression of a teenager without a care in the world. However, appearances aren’t always everything.
Tattoos/Piercings/Scars: A tribal tattoo circling his upper arm. Another tattoo on the bottom of his right forearm lettering spells out: ‘Expect Nothing’. Along with this, there are several minor scars along his body and face, which indicate a history of fighting, but nothing large enough to draw attention to himself.
Weapons: Concealed R12 ballistic pistol. A moderate, commercially used, and dependable pistol. Fires single 45. caliber pistols with the option for enhanced ammunition. Carries military grade ammunition with a coating of nerve toxin. The amount of nerve toxin is not enough to incapacitate the victim, but it is enough to make certain areas of the target go numb depending on the location of penetration. He also carries a twelve inch hunting blade hidden away in the sole of his shoe.
Occupation: Justin is a Runner for Onyx Inc. Runner are basically the field agents of higher up corporations used to oversee smaller operations too far for regular overseers to bother getting to. They are also used to obtain items or people of importance, usually not by peaceful means. While Runners are legal in the universal term, they are only so until caught. If the authorities have no evidence against the Runners, they can do nothing about them. Along with this, if they were to ban Runners, a lot of companies would pull favors and bribes in order to make theirs legit. In other words, you have to catch them in the act, or not catch them at all. They all operate under the air of deniability. None of them carry credentials that label them as a Runner, and if caught, all records of their history with the company are erased.

As a Runner, Justin is not looked upon highly. Runners often grab attention through the wrong means, and have gained a reputation as ‘The end justifies the mean’ people. Runners can be any of the species, but they go through screening and training before they are allowed out into the field. Runners are some of the fastest people in the known universe. They are often outfitted with cybernetics and genetic upgrades in order to increase their speed. This is so they can escape hazordous situations with an artifact, or outrun the authorities on land. Justin himself has been outfitted with cybernetic muscle enhancements in his legs to make him run faster and longer. Also, a Runner’s tactics are completely up to the individual. Most of them simply choose violence over diplomacy, but that is not always the case. In short, Runners are some of the Universe’s worst kind of mercenaries. Not classified as such officially, but the line between them is very thin and weak. They are often violent and arrogant, but not always. They are incredibly fit, and all are experts in hand to hand combat as a mandatory hiring rule. Any other sort of combat is trained upon the Runner’s request.

Let me know if you wish me to change anything.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Descent Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Very well then, Atai'Ra won't be a member of the crew, just a passenger and his occupation, for now, unspoken of. Razz

I am looking forward to this indeed! Very Happy
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next