FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

+3
Klikxx
Kalon Ordona II
Gadreille
7 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC)) - Page 4 Empty Re: Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Well, there's my take on Jax.
I hope Klikxx likes it. Very Happy

THANK YOUUUUU FOR NOTICING!!!!!
*goes to edit right away*

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
I might never have noticed. *pant, pant, whew*

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC)) - Page 4 Empty Re: Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:11 pm

You actually seemed to get the character Jax down rather well. I'm sure he will be proud of you! cheers

I figured that if we check each other's posts, then things are going to get a lot better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Yes, definitely. Very Happy
I KNEW it! I really do mistakes too! xD Sometimes I don't catch them, so I depend on other people to speak up, which is why I speak up for other people. Keep it up, Tkwiget! Like you said, we'll perfect each other's posts! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:53 pm

I guess I'll speak up from now one as long as you do. It frustrates me when I over look something that would, in other terms, change the meaning of the sentence or image in people's minds of what is going on. I try to take proofreading more seriously but it's hard to when I just got done writing the damn post and just want to hit submit.

If you haven't already figured out, I'm not a terribly patient person. That would explain why some of you have gotten annoyed by my antsy behavior about posting on a regular basis (meaning every 2 or 3 days). As long as people make the 5 day rule, I'm not really going to care all that much.

I have a Gaia Online guild to work on anyways and it's more like a RP project than the actual guild but I don't really see much difference. I'm sure some of you are aware that I'm not a big fan of some of the ways guilds are ran on Gaia. Me making my own is just a way for me to have a corner of the website to myself for creative purposes. In a way it is my way to prove to myself that I can make a guild and community of quality RPers on that website just as easily as the next person. It's the fact that building the community will be the difficult part more than any other.

I didn't invite anyone to it or mention it until now cause some of you have enough to work with or hate Gaia altogether. So I didn't even bother to mention it until now. The guild isn't accepting regular members, but it is open to the public so people can probe questions to the staff. If anyone is actually interested in knowing more about what I'm working on, then please just ask and I'll send you a link. I really doubt any of you will be since most of the RP project's information is hidden inside the crew forum. I like to keep things secret until everything is finalized.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:11 am

Alright, that post of mine contains 11,832 characters.

I'm tired.. I think I'll get some sleep now.. Shocked

EDIT: I also have decided that I'm going to leave out Soryin's curse. I realized that it will complicate things. Everyone's character will be worried enough with something of a much higher weight and gravity than a curse of a psycho warlock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:29 am

Oh my gosh, Tkwiget! Why??? Shocked
I have to read ALL OF THAT??
*dies*

*gulp*
Might as well get started.
Still... How...?? Shocked
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:35 am

I thought of an idea that would be nice for the next story.. one that I was able to actually save everyone's characters instead of being lazy and simply killing them off. That idea was the destruction of the Titan Father who will be the very last big bad Titan to destroy. I figured that was a MUCH better way of ending this story than having Fredric go power hungry and insane after turning evil on everyone and then trying to take over the world through force.

At least this way, everyone can return to Riv'nar 2 with a character 5-10 years older and very much alive. I've also introduced a mysterious background player in the affairs of Fredric's kingdom and fate of all that are involved directly and indirectly.

Adds a scope of depth to the story that I thought was a good course of action. By the time I got done writing up that post, I was all like.. "HOLY CRAP!!" at the size of it. Expect the same results for chapter introductions from now on or something similar in length, like around 8,000 characters instead.

I just think this new scope of story depth and mystery will add some flavor to the RP for everyone to enjoy. Don't complain, I just busted my balls writing that monster for you guys.

EDIT: By the way, the part about Fredric's wife and queen is true. That will be a new character someone will have the chance to play in Riv'nar 2. I'll probably also bring back Soryin stronger than ever and super pissed off from his defeat years ago. I also felt that getting to play an evil Fredric for a while in this RP will be fun and it will have to end at some point. I won't say how Fredric turns holy again, but I will say it involves the Titan Father, who is ironically introduced sooner than all of you think and influences Fredric pretty early and is beings the first steps to his resurrection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:44 am

Well, that read wasn't as hard as I thought. It really kept me interested the whole way through! Clap Clap
Man, kudos to you for writing it all!!

C3: (I did notice you have "knelled" instead of "knelt" twice in there.)

Good plan for the RP! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:51 am

Dude, I didn't even bother to proofread it. It was tiring enough just to keep everything moving one step at a time. I will go make those edit changes later.. after I've got some sleep or something.

I'm not sure if I should ruin who the pointy eared stranger is, as it could be a spoiler for Riv'nar 2. There will be one of those characters in Riv'nar 2 that will interact with everyone else, but it won't be played by anyone but me. Her abilities will require me to be the one controlling her.

I do hope this decision of mine with that post is in the right direction. I feel like I accomplished a lot with that post.

Kalon, I told you I got out of my RPing slump. Boy was I not kidding to you. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:56 am

Yeah, you sure did. Knocked my socks off. Shocked Or rocked my socks, or however it goes.
(I don't even know what that expression is supposed to mean. I'm not even wearing socks Laughing )

Anyway I better get to bed, and it sounds like you could use some sleep, too.
Dream of Riv'nar!
And Va'or, while you're at it! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:01 am

Oh, I dream of more than just them. I have an entire fantasy game system that I'm receiving help with to found an entire Gaia Online guild with. So I have plenty on my mind.

I wish I had a strange pointy eared man to speak to me about my future when I dream. That would be totally awesome. lol!

EDIT: I suppose I'll let everyone catch up.

Kalon, do you know what happened to ATM? He kind of vanished on us and we both know he is back from his vacation in France.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:35 pm

I made a small post. (large for me, small for you guys).
Hope you don't mind the bag of holding. Smile I had to rush the end of my post, because I was on someone else's comp and they got home... Sweat Drop
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 pm

I don't mind the bag being some what magical in nature. It could be a family treasure or something. One of those one of a kind items.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphariusthemad Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:26 pm

Sorry for not keeping up, I was too lazy to work out how to fit Magus into proceedings, and things seemed to be going slowly.

Although, there's a goblin dead and a... "pragmatic", shall we say, necromancer running around. There's a post of ritual in there somewhere.

Though, I may be the rest of the night as I need to go look up posts with Dronas in them so I can get his characterisation right.
Alphariusthemad
Alphariusthemad
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:43 pm

There isn't a whole lot of information on him right now. His just a background character. Not really more than that but he is important enough to make a profile for though. Yet, Fredric's father isn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphariusthemad Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:32 pm

OK, posted. Maybe I made him a little too... diplomatic, but not seeing any problems (although that may be because it's nearly tomorrow here).
Alphariusthemad
Alphariusthemad
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Nah, the post was perfect. There wasn't really a whole lot to go off for Dronas anyways. He is a goblin leader. So dealing with Magus diplomatically probably was the best choice. His just a background character with barely enough importance to give a profile to.

Awesome post btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:22 pm

So...are we really only three or four hours away from Soryin? Because the last I heard, as we left the goblin camp, we were still several days away. You fell off of your horse well before nightfall of the day we left camp, so we should be quite a bit farther away than a few hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:18 pm

Sorry I haven't posted. I was meaning to yesterday, but my computer is doing weird things and wouldn't let me on this site. (I'll try restarting it.)

Anyway, I'm using a different computer at the moment, but I still can't post right now because I have to go to work in a couple hours. So, I'll see what I can do this evening.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:59 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote:So...are we really only three or four hours away from Soryin? Because the last I heard, as we left the goblin camp, we were still several days away. You fell off of your horse well before nightfall of the day we left camp, so we should be quite a bit farther away than a few hours.
Yes, this is true. We aren't several days away though. I'd say at least one day away. Soryin is like 30-35 miles away from Fortress Rourin. That's where my entire question of how fast a horse can travel in 1 day by sprinting. I was trying to figure out how to pace everyone's movement. Perhaps, they are on the forest edge to the meadow area. Yeah, let's go with that.

I don't remember the 3 or 4 hour away from Soryin but I'm sure that you're right about that being in one of my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Found someone to play Zephyr!

Welcome to the RP Eternity!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Sweet! Welcome, Eternity!! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi guys, I'm going to make a post for Zephyr now, it'll be done anywhere between ten minutes to an hour or two. Depends on how many distractions come my way.

And if I get anything wrong, any little details or whatever, just tell me. I'll fix it :3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:29 pm

I only posted a meager three paragraphs *smacks face*

But I want to kind of get a feel for the character before I get into any longer posts. After a couple of posts I'll be on key with you guys.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Once Chapter 1 is over, I will include a summary of the events that transpired inside that chapter, It will make it easier for people to join and make summaries and chapter introductions much longer. I suppose it will help give everyone that already is in the RP a recap of what has happened. Nothing like a good refresher course on old events.

Also, it makes for people that find the RP interesting enough to simply read, easier to read. Sure, it might mean that those sections of the summary and introductions of old and new chapters could very will be split into two or three posts. I have no problem with this, just means it would be more difficult to write it all up.

Yeah, the more I think about this the more I feel that it's the correct decision. So Kalon, if you think my almost 12,000 character post was huge, the summary/chapter introductions will blow it away in size, like twice as large at least is what I'm planning.

EDIT: I have no idea where Denyala is. A week has past since her last post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Yeah...I don't know what my problem is. I'm having trouble keeping up with all of the RP's I'm in, and school hasn't even started. I always get burned out from writing....just stick with me until I get through this. I'm posting now. I will try to make up for lost time with a good post, but at the moment there really just isn't a whole lot to work with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:42 pm

I think she's waiting for a good time to post again. That's what I've noticed with her posting habits. Shit happens though.

The reason why there isn't a lot to easily work with is because the camp is just now getting started. Our characters are about to have a meal together, socialize a little bit (maybe) with chit-chatting, or even share stories.

There isn't a lot to work with on the surface, but I suppose if you're drained creatively it can seem hard. This is a good reason why I limit myself only to three RPs at any given time. I don't like being over whelmed by something I like to enjoy. Another reason is, RPs that I make which I want to be really well structured and put together I put enough effort into it that would take up enough time for another RP but without the strain. I'm doing that on Gaia with my guild and RPG high fantasy project.

It's okay man, at the most you have 5 days to work with in this RP before I start raising an eye brow. So.. relax, you're good. I'm not worried about your posts at all. Hasn't even crossed my mind. You could be in a creative slump right now, I was a week or two ago. Shit happens and we move forward. Just relax man. Everything will work out. Besides, your wife is in the RP and can work with your character when you can't post. I'm totally cool with that.

EDIT: Almost forgot!

Happy Birthday Cake

Enjoy the virtual cake Silvone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:04 pm

You're three days early, but that's okay! Thanks cheers

I managed to scrape up some interesting thought-work on Darke's part to fill up a good length post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:18 pm

I thought you were in a creative slump from being stretched over too many RPs?

LIER!!!!!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:47 pm

No, not really. Just in a writing slump because...I get that way after a while of writing. Which is why I never get anywhere with my books. I can still write if I can sit down and force myself to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next