FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

+3
Klikxx
Kalon Ordona II
Gadreille
7 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC)) Empty Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:27 pm

RP Thread here.

Basically OOC stuff. Got a question then just ask in here.

Last edited by Tkwiget on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC)) Empty Re: Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Reserved Post.

Back to top Go down

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC)) Empty Re: Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Reserved Post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Reserved Post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:32 am

Good posts so far guys!

I'll get mine up some time in the afternoon, but I will have it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:34 am

I've got a question for you guys..

How many miles do you think a horse can travel in one day with minimum time to rest and is sprinting practical the entire time if the terrain isn't hilly and is merely a large forest? 15 miles? 20 miles?

Bare in mind I ask this question if the horse has no water source to drink from during this entire time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:37 pm

I'd say around 20 miles; if you wanted to push it, maybe 25...but I don't think all of their horses would be fit to go that far.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:04 pm

not at a sprint, for crying out loud. You'd kill them.
Though they do go pretty fast when sprinting. Let's be generous (the less way) and say 30 miles per hour. How many minutes do you think they can sprint straight? Maybe a half hour? Even 45 minutes? So yeah, maybe 20 miles or so. But why would you need to get there so fast? Take it slower, and you can go a lot farther.

At a walk or trot, with rests and waterings, you could probably cover 50-70 miles in 18 hours. Of course that's just a guess. I actually have no idea. =)
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:34 pm

Hmm...

Moving an entire army gives you a limit of about 12 miles a day (according to various fantasy novels I've read...)

A small group can move much faster than an army...Lets say they can move 3x as fast as an army. In a day, that would be 36 miles...add another half day, that's 54 miles.

I guess your estimate isn't too far off!

We may have to sprint if the goblins all turn on us and chase us toward Soryin....O.O
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:13 pm

I asked cause it would seem if we pushed hard on the third day in the RP to get to Soryin's castle, that the horses would ultimately be useless for the ride back to Fortress Rourin. Everyone would practically have to walk. Then again, that's where the time skip would be into Chapter 2.

Goblins won't turn on us. At least not in this story anyways. Alright, I asked the question cause I was wondering how far it would take them to ride all the way to Soryin's castle from Rourin. Both places are about 30 miles apart and I was going to break the journey to Soryin's castle into three days for the chapter. I wanted to give our characters a chance to socialize a little more.

Right now I just spent the day doing house work.. a little tired right now. I'll probably get a post out tomorrow though.

Pretty soon we're going to have an acrobat/story teller character join the RP. Should be fun. Just have to get the portrait approved by the man first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 pm

Username: Klikxx
Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC)) Jackson_Pye2
Jackson Pye ((“Jumpin’ Jax” or simply “Jax”))
Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6’7”
Build: slim, lean skinny
Class: Acrobat/Storyteller
Weapons: Throwing knives, juggling bats, and balls
Character: “JAX” is the epitome of energy in motion and a nonstop talker once engaged. He has a tendency to blurt out inappropriate comments at the worst times. To make matters worse he is impatient and impulsive reacting before he has clearly thought things through. He has trouble sitting still for any length of time fidgeting or squirming until released from the captivity. Once in motion he is seen to be dashing around, touching or playing with everything in sight. This is where the secondary problem arises. Once Jax gets his hand on things they seem to navigate to his pockets if at all possible. A kleptomaniac, who cannot resist the urge to collect new items. Generally the items have little or no significant value but there are times when something rare and valuable is obtained. Most time he is not even aware he has committed the theft.

And there is our acrobat character. He wont have any weapons or anything when we find him, so keep that in mind.

So I will now officially say: welcome to the RP Kikxx!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:06 pm

I think I'll wait until Silvane posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:16 pm

It's Silvone, actually Smile And dude...Jax has a really big nose. Sorry, but I had to point that out.

I'm currently posting in Sephiris. It might take me a while to finish. I work at 6, so if I don't finish before then I will post tonight when I get home. As long as my son isn't in the crib...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Sorry about mispelling your name. Some of the letters on this website look similar. Curse my high resolution!!!

Take your time man. It's going to take me a little bit to get my post done anyways cause I don't want it half-assed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:18 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote: And dude...Jax has a really big nose. Sorry, but I had to point that out.

Already the ridiculing begins.

Jax was inspired from the look of Prince Charles and Alfalfa from "The Little Rascals."
Big nose, big ears, numerous freckles and hair with a mind of its own. He won't be winning any beauty contests that's for sure. How do you think he got into entertainment? He was always drawing snickers. Besides, with a face like that who can take him seriously? He's got thick skin.

I will begin introductions tomorrow. I look forward to new adventures.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Awesome opening post man!

And I suppose I should make it official!

WELCOME TO THE TALES OF RIV'NAR!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Thanks,
I take it you are awaiting a response from Darke to you inquiries before we meet. Are you the son of the King I just pissed off? If so I will recognize Darke first as he is probably dressed much like the King's guardsmen. This could prove interesting.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Darke is captain of one of the infantry divisions.

And yes, Fredric is the prince -- son of the king that you pissed off -- who will probably find one more thing to deal with rather annoying. He has enough on his mind right now but this should indeed prove interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:56 pm

Jax is by trade a story teller. If you didn't actually see what went on he will try to bullshit his way through the situation. The blame will be passed onto brigands even if he doesn't connect the dots No use announcing to the world he stole from the King of the lands. By the time we get back to an audience with the King perhaps I will have proved my woth and have the Prince ask for a pardon on my behalf. He will assume you to be hostile in any case as there aren't too many savory types that roam the woods.

Last edited by Klikxx on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:04 pm

If he lies to Fredric, there is little he can do to prove the claim Jax makes since they are in the middle of a task to destroy Soryin. Fredric won't really pay much attention to Jax's lie until he gets back to Rourin and speaks with his father. So in essence, Jax is in the clear until then. Then it's drama drama drama! affraid

In the mean time, I can imagine everyone at some point wanting to beat the living crap out of him for all his excessive talking. Comic relief, was wondering when that would come into the RP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:11 pm

That is about how I see it going down as well. It will always be Drama!drama! drama! with Jax involved.

As for the crap beaten out of him. It won't be the first. It won't be the last either. He's a story teller not a fighter. You know the kind that turtles in the midst of a conflict and then stands behind others taunting when there is no real danger. There will definitely be comic relief. Who can take a face like that seriously.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Yeah I'm kind of glad you've joined. I was worried about the RP being completely filled with doom and gloom with a splash of romance here in there.

Announcement:
This announcement is directed more towards all the old RPers in the RP from the beginning, but I have started taking Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn portraits and have begun working on modifying them to add additional content to the pictures. I'm doing this for Riv'nar 2. I'm probably going to make updated portraits for the characters that will 'survive' the time skip between Riv'nar 1 and Riv'nar 2. I'm starting with Fredric first and I'm not sure who else will 'survive' the time skip between the RPs.

I will say this though, it will take me a while to get the portraits done and I'll probably make random portraits to try and get them all done. In Chapter 3 I'll reveal Fredric's picture both in Riv'nar 1 and his first portrait version for Riv'nar 2.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Riv'nar 1 completed and then to work on Riv'nar 2. I even have thoughts on what I'd have Riv'nar 3 be about as well and that one will be pretty cool as well since it would be about the Vindy Human war in Riv'nar and the world's first encounter with the Power Orbs and their monstrous evil masters. Riv'nar 2 is about the aftermath of Riv'nar 1 and the rise of the being of tremendous evil power and destruction that is known by many names: Chaos, Calamity, Famine, Pestilence, War, Life, Death, Decay, Hatred, Creation, Harmony, and Destruction. He represents those things and those things represent him.

But like I said, I'm really looking forward to how Riv'nar 1 plays out so it fuels information for Riv'nar 2 and 3 even more. I just thought it would be nice to let all of you guys know what I'm up to for the next couple Riv'nar stories. When this RP is done I will, of course, start an interest thread to see how many people will join.

I also made this announcement so you guys understand the specific things that happen to Fredric so you guys don't start thinking I'm power playing or god modding my character. It's to help get him ready for Riv'nar 2 and to make sure I have enough time to develop his new personality, magical abilities, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:06 pm

Clarification

So we are currentlyl tying up the first chapter of Riv'nar 1?
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Yes, the first chapter of Riv'nar 1 is destroying Soryin. That's not the end of the first Riv'nar story.

Don't worry, we have plenty of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:51 pm

I was just wondering when you were discussing the second segment already.

I may come up with something to keep myself amused until I am introduced to the group within the game. I don't want to just barge in on the conversation between Fredric and Darke. It just doesn't seem to be timed right. The goblins are still nearby correct? I have something in mind but I need an antagonist. They would work well and I am sure to catch the attention of anybody nearby that gives a rat's ass.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:17 pm

First of all, the goblins are staying inside their camp to stay out of trouble. They lost most of their soldiers from fighting the heroes, like 60-70% of their forces. They have barely enough to defend their camp, let alone actually attack anything. Plus they have a number of injured that are being tended to, mainly their leader.

Right now, the only person that could notice you at all is Kalus. I believe he went flying on Aron or something. I'd say Jax is still south a little bit from where everyone is but he certainly would catch up to them after they stop for the day to rest, eat, and sleep.

As for Riv'nar 2, I have a number of things that I'm working out for it by myself, like I did for Riv'nar 1. I kind of want to keep most of the story a secret for the time being cause it will be built upon a lot of the content from Riv'nar 1, like specific events.

I'm not sure when I'll post -- feeling kind of sick right now -- but I will post in a day or two. I am trying to finish up watching Avatar: The Last Airbender series though. Probably the best cartoon I've seen from Nickelodeon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Aww I'm feeling a bit under the weather myself. We can be buddies. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:25 pm

I thought we already were... confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:22 pm

The group doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast as is. From your earlier description it is mid day (noon). I don't know about you but naked pastey white freckled red heads like Jax don't do well in the sun. Can you say rock lobster? His first instinct would be to cloth himself. Goblin camp or not he can't make any headway away from them if he turns into a tater crisp while doing it.
The whole idea was to run into a couple of scouts or perhaps a tandem on a water run getting noticed and having them chase him up a tree where he screams bloody murder while hurling insults and pinecones.
Like it or not he will have sun burn. Let's not have it where he sufferers heat stroke as well.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Damn gingers and their needy needs.. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next