FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

+3
Klikxx
Kalon Ordona II
Gadreille
7 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC)) - Page 11 Empty Re: Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:31 pm

To be honest, I don't think I can post until the quarter is over...which is Nov. 20th. Definitely not until after the 9th, which is my proposal presentation. I have to concentrate to post in this RP, and I have zero personal time where I can sit down and really focus. I'm sorry I can't be more active right now.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC)) - Page 11 Empty Re: Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:36 pm

I thought this was the case with some of you. I'm not surprised in the least. I suppose if and when Silvone has the time he can control your character when he posts. The problem I see is that few posts getting placed in the thread that takes us into the castle or even in a battle. I don't really want to have you miss out on all that action.

I'm a little at a loss as to what to say. I guess post when you guys can. If anything, we can take a very brief break from the RP for a couple weeks if it comes to that. I don't want that to happen, but not really all that much we can do.

Eternity, would you take over Amelia while Ryona focuses on her school work? School > RPing.

Silvone, status on yourself please?

I'm wondering where everyone stands exactly with their posting activity. That way I can make up a more solid decision on what to do. That way the RP doesn't die.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:38 pm

I can't answer completely for Silv, but he is basically in the same boat as me. Very limited comp time, very limited fun comp time.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:49 pm

Damnit. Alright, I'll think of something once everyone else tells me their answers as well. Was hoping he had more free time than you. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:53 pm

Probably less free time then me, actually Sad He may want to continue, but he won't get his ass online (I'm in class, or I'd bug him)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:03 pm

I see. Well since you two are "MIA" I will move on to Kalon, Eternity, and Klikxx.

I'm sure once I get an update on everyone's level of posting activities I will be able to come up with something. Things have been moving slowly and I knew the cause of it, I just need to know the exact extent of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:37 pm

I hardly have the time to post now, and I know that I will have even less time throughout the month of November. I want to say that I can post, though infrequently, but I can't promise anything. I will more hours at school, likely at work, and still have to put in time with my son at home, as well as NaNoWriMo...so a temporary hiatus on this may be a good thing. May in December when can all be freshened and ready for the big battle. I know its a long wait, but as long as you can get everyone ready for it, then we should all be willing to return to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Some of us might not want to wait. If that's the case, I will need permission from those that are to busy to post to allow someone to take control of the character while you and Ryona are busy with other things.

The only thing I actually ask while you guys are unable to post is to keep uptodate with the RP for your return.

I know I can play the character Darke. So that isn't a problem cause I had to do that before. But that is one hell of a long waiting period Silvone.

If someone needs to temporarily bail on the RP then that's cool. I will leave the character open. I just need a time frame to go off of. Information. The more I have the better I can make decisions with.

I really wanted to get into Chapter 2 cause this RP's story has barely even started to unfold. I couldn't ask for anything less too.

I think Kalon can post every 3 or 4 days, maybe sooner, and Eternity can post every 3 or 4 days as well I believe. Klikxx can post every 2 or 3 days I think. Of course I can post as much as I need to cause I have absolutely no life.

Anyways, anyone else want to tell me how often you can post in the RP? I'm getting a good idea on how to keep the RP moving along without Ryona and Silvone actively posting.

EDIT: I guess I was either right about my guess on everyone else's activity or they are too busy to confirm it.

This is what I'll do.

I'll take control of Amelia and Darke until Ryona and Silvone can get back to posting. School and work are kicking their asses. Plus they have a 1 year old to take care of. So I think they have their hands full with just the 1 year old.

So I think with that decision made, we should try and get things moving again. I'm thinking a post a week would be fast enough to keep things going. At least that's what I'll aim for.

Let's keep this thing rolling!

Last edited by Tkwiget on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:27 am

I'll be real honest with you guys. I'm not sure if this RP is going to survive November. It just seems like everyone is far to busy to keep things moving. I'm not in any way disappointed or anything, I'm just speaking my mind here.

Here are the facts:

Kalon is busy with work -- unavoidable.
Alpha is busy at the school -- unavoidable.
Ryona and Silvone are busy with their 1 year old, classes, and work -- all unavoidable.

That leaves the RPers that have enough time to RP regularly Klikxx, Eternity and myself. I'm not saying I want to just give up and quit. I'm still going to try and keep things moving along but I'm running out of ideas and to be real honest it's killing my motivation with this RP. Now if this RP does die in this month, so be it. I plan on doing another Riv'nar story at some point in time and probably will start with the back-story and rethink how this RP went and learn from any mistakes that I made in this one.

No one is to blame for the RP's condition. Shit happens in real life that prevents us from posting. I know this. We all know this. I just don't think it will survive the month with just three regular posters and Kalon and Alpha able to manage a post every once and a while. It makes for a very frustrating RP to manage. Kalon probably understands this more than the rest of you cause of his RP called Tales of Inari on Gaia Online.

I find myself at a loss as to what to do sometimes and that's probably normal. I just don't know what to do when it comes down to just three regular posters in the RP and 2 semi-regular. So it puts me into a position that I don't really like being in but it happens and there isn't much I can do about it.

So, what do you guys want to do about the RP to keep things moving forward?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:13 am

None of us want to quit the RP.
RP's don't have to die. They might go to sleep for a while, but I don't see why we have to let ourselves be sucked into the whole "oh it's out of 'momentum,' it must be 'dead.'" thing.
We're going into the holiday season. Plus there's NaNoWriMo.
RP's just get shoved onto hiatus. It's the way it is. It should in no way mean the RP's have to die.

I've always been the "last man standing" when role-plays die.
If we're all like that, then there's no way the role-play can die. Wink

I'm not giving up on Inari. I'm not giving up on Sephiris.
I'm sure as heckle not going to give up on Riv'nar. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:56 am

I feel the same way, Kalon. I don't see why this can't just go on hiatus until things settle down and we all have a chance to get back into the swing of things. Even if it is more than a month away, if we are all willing to pick up where we left off, there is no reason this has to die.

Typically role-plays die when no one wants to post in them, rather than when no one has time to post in them even though the really want to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Agreed! I really want to post, and I have a few ideas, but I don't have time to read everyone elses posts and come up with a nice fluid post. If we could just wait for a bit, I would gladly jump into character again.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:43 pm

A short break you say? I'm totally up for that and everything. I just want everyone to put their opinion in on the matter. I don't want this thing to die or anything and taking a break from the RP is something I fear will kill it. But maybe a break will help rekindle those creative juices as well.

I sure as hell need and want a break from writing. I'm in the mood to spend the next few months in photoshop working on maps, portraits, and other artsy projects. Might even make an art shop here on FOG.

If you guys really want to just simply take a break for a month or two, then there is little I can do to stop you. Ryona and Silvone really have no choice in the matter cause of all the crap they are trying to get done in real life. I think they have it harder than anyone else in the RP. A child is a handful (from what my mom has told about me! XD ) so I'm not expecting them to be real active just for that reason.

I suppose a break would be good for all of us. I just feel bad for those like Klikxx who have just recently joined and barely got to take part in anything worth while. Bad luck I guess and I don't like giving anyone the short end of the stick.

So is everyone up for a break from the RP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:49 pm

I will still be here when we kick things off again after a hiatus. Just let me know when it happens.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:31 pm

I'm in the mood to spend the next few months in photoshop working on maps, portraits, and other artsy projects.
Perfect use of your time while this is going on. Very Happy
That stuff will be great when it's done, and if we were all still role-playing like mad it might not happen. Maps are awesome. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Yeah I know. I have a boat load of maps I've been meaning to work on and finish. I also need some time to work up some portraits for future stories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Really, the baby is only half the problem. It's these term papers, exams and presentations that are taking up all my time... I look forward to when November is OVER! well...I look forward to THANKSGIVING FOOD and then when November is OVER!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:12 pm

I guess we will see where things stand at the end of the month. It probably will do some good for all of us. I've already ran out of ideas for this RP. @_@

I guess I could use the time to conjurer up some more in the mean time. Probably won't come up with that much stuff though.

OOC is always open though to chit chat about the RP, where we want it to go when we start things up again, and updates on whatever is going on in real life.

It just would be far to difficult for half the people in the RP to try and keep things going. So I'm not even going to try and consider it break time.

Once I get some food in me, I'll work on a new map making technique that I found on the internet and see what kind of maps I can make. Maybe expand on the technique a little bit or maybe use parts of the method on portrait making.

Photoshop heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Things are starting to calm down, I may find time to post but I was wondering...do others want to keep this on hiatus or shall I go ahead and post?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm always ready to start things up again. It really depends on everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:23 pm

That's exactly what I was wondering. There is little point in me posting if others aren't ready to resume activity.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 pm

I think the idea was to wait until the end of the month.

Just because we aren't posting in the RP thread doesn't mean we can't still brainstorm some ideas. We could do that at least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Yes, I admit I'm a bit overwhelmed - I'm not sure what to post. I know I need explain my explosives to the group, and I also know that we are trying to wrap up the 'camp' scene and move on - that is where I get stuck. My character is not a warrior, so it is not like she will be making battle plans.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:37 pm

She might not be a part of the battle plans but she has knowledge in alchemical crafting. So that means she can help provide little weapons to aid the more warrior-trained individuals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:44 pm

I guess I'll do some research and come up with a big alchemy lecture.

If you haven't noticed, I try to base all of my concoctions off of real life chemical reactions, or at least as real life as I can make it with my limited knowledge. That is why it is so difficult to post here - for me, it isn't just writing off the top of my head, I usually have to do research on dangerous chemical reactions, find medieval names for the chemicals, and find ways for her to naturally find at least some of the ingredients...though now that we've decided she has a bag of holding, I can get away with having lots of ingredients tucked away in there.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:01 pm

Well, just look the stuff up, make wordpad notes about it, and use that information for not just this RP but possibly other RPs as well. Never know when that kind of research will come in handy for another RP.

So we can come up with some ideas, like what kind of stuff we should expect in Castle Dovin when we get inside of it and try and kill Soryin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:12 pm

:/ what should we expect? An army of zombies? ancient traps and poison darts? Just one big bad guy?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Soryin cast a cluster of spells earlier in the RP (which is in one of my posts on Gaia) that put down six spells on the castle itself. Traps, monsters, etc. Things that will prove to be annoyances. The actual traps are more dangerous than the monsters themselves.

Soryin doesn't control undead, he controls demons, dark spirits, and other things you would probably find a demon world. He isn't a necromancer or death mage like Magus. He is simply a demon mage, which is another name for a Warlock anyways. He does possess some sorcery magic that can blow stuff up, like traditional fireballs, but really emphasizes heavily on demon related magics. That's at least how I view Warlocks anyways.

Now, he could control or command undead demons. That's something we could expect. As long as it's related to demons, he probably can do it but not eight different things all at once. Even Soryin has his limits to how many spells he can cast at once. The post I mentioned earlier about the spells he cast on the castle, that was six spells within a single incantation. That should tell you the level of ability that jackass has.

Far exceeds Magus in the amount of spells he can throw out at any given time, but it isn't like he can do that all the time. Magic drains fatigue and stamina of the caster and Soryin is no different, however, he is possessed by demons and dark spirits so his ability to cast more spells at once or in rapid-firing mode is a lot greater than any spell caster in the group right now.

I'm just saying this cause if he wasn't such an arrogant jackass he could probably just use some kind of gateway portal to travel through dimensions to where Fredric and Co. is to summon legions of demons, blow them all up, and kill the story we've worked on so far. But he's arrogant, doesn't care about them, and finds the entire situation rather amusing.

So yeah, that's about all you can expect from him and other things. Once you understand this version of Soryin, it's much easier to actually win against him.

I'm still not entirely sure if everyone's character will be going into the castle. It might be suicidal for some of them because of the magical traps involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Things are settling down, yes, but there is still NaNoWriMo, and then the holidays after that. If we do start up again, we would probably be taking it slow.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if we did. Still lets me have time to finish up my RPG project and other character portraits. Not really motivated to make a new map right now.

Kalon, you did say you were going to help me name cities, towns, and castles, maybe even lakes in the RP. We can do that later during Chapter 2 if you want. I'm just not real good when it comes to coming up with names for locations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next