FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

+3
Klikxx
Kalon Ordona II
Gadreille
7 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC)) - Page 9 Empty Re: Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:07 am

I'll try to post tomorrow, perhaps. Been SUPER busy lately! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC)) - Page 9 Empty Re: Tales of Riv'nar: The Chosen ((OOC))

Post by Klikxx Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Rest assured when the prince goes looking through his pack for something important the young acrobat will have it in his possession. Jax is a kleptomaniac. It is instinct to fill his pockets. He will just claim it was in the robe when it was given to him.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphariusthemad Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Wait, is Jax still wearing Magus' spare robe? You're asking for even worse conflict if you indirectly accuse Magus, who is all but opposed to paladins, of stealing from Fredric - that's asking for way more fireworks than just "the acrobat nicked it". Very Happy
Alphariusthemad
Alphariusthemad
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:57 pm

I'm not exactly sure what kind of things Jax would steal from Fredric's staddle bags cause he doesn't have much of value. Maybe a carving knife or possibly a dagger of some kind. He really doesn't care around material possessions but the most valuable thing he probably has in his bags is the human skull of the Riv'nar Champion, who I will reveal in another story.

Of course, the prince does have a small bag of gold coins in one of his staddle bags that contains 20 shiny coins. That's probably the only thing that Jax would find of remote value, unless he finds a prince carrying around a human skull to be worth snatching up and into his robe pockets.

Naturally, Fredric does have another set of clothing in case what he is wearing gets really dirty, which they already are, but I was planning to save the spare set of clothes for when or if Fredric gets badly injured.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphariusthemad Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 pm

My bet's on Jax taking the coins.

Also, how quietly is Jax speaking when he asks if Fredric is worth dying for? At the moment Magus' secondary objective, after ensuring the Titans are defeated, is to undermine Fredric's leadership - he doesn't like the guy, and has yet to believe he's a good leader, so an embittered party member is too good a chance to pass up.
Alphariusthemad
Alphariusthemad
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Haha, I have a plan. So I don't think anything you come up with will work. Fredric isn't going to be king for a long.. long time.. His father is still healthy.

There was nothing keeping Jax from saying no to Fredric. It's better to be useful in a group than to be dead weight. You'll see what I mean even more in the up coming plot twists. There is more to Fredric that simply barking orders around. No one would blindly follow a leader, although in Fredric's case a military leader, if he didn't have some kind of extra few pieces to his character of a person.

I'm not saying you won't have the chance to undermine him, which I encourage and will add flavor to the story, but I don't know if Magus would really have the chance after the Titan's are defeated.

Do note that in the RP's thread title it says Book 2. For this reason I wanted to make the Tales of Riv'nar stories blocked into 3 different RPs. Book 3 would have a time skip into the future.. about 7-10 years. Where an old threat emerges and the current king, which is Fredric at the time, addresses the situation that plagues his kingdom.

I planned on having Fredric become king some time in the time skip between Book 2 and 3. At least that was my original plan. We can always cook something else up with your little idea if you want.

Btw everyone, I plan on doing Book 1 after this RP is finished. It's going to contain a lot of backdrop story of Book 2. Particularly the first coming of the Titans, the origin of Soryin, and the founding of Riv'nar. There will be other things of course, but those are the main things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Talking about books, I'll be posting in Tales of Riv'nar either tonight or tomorrow. I've got a research paper I'm writing, so I might be a little slow, but hopefully not turtle slow (although I'm already lagging! Lol)
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:47 pm

Yeah, I need to buckle down and write my damn post for King of Fighters. I've been slacking horribly in my own RP!! Blah!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Hey guess what, Skittle_Overlord showed up for like, a little while, so she might be back. Lol.

XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Where to begin

Apharius-Yes, he is still wearing the robes you gave him. As for opening Pandora's box....well, I will deal with that possibility when the time comes. Jax is looking for those who doubt the prince's leadership abilities. If he notices that little fact about you I am sure he will consider not to pass the blame to you. Scratch that, he will attempt to save his own hide any way possible.

As for how loud he spoke the comment to Amelia I am sure it said he leaned in and spoke softly but my mind could be playing tricks on me.

Since we are really not grasping the concept. Jax has a mental disorder. Kleptomania is not about intrinsic value but rather something that may have grasped his attention. Once he picks something up occasionally he forgets to put it back. I am sure in the opening there were thing far more valuable than the king's pipe which he could have taken. The pipe caught his eye and miracuously wound up in his pocket. Given these parameters it would be the skull that would wind up in his possession not the gold. We shall see as the action is involuntary.

I realize Jax could have said no. We have already established what happens when one openly defies Fredric's commands. Just ask Darke who chose to spar with Jax not 24 hours earlier. The acrobat is not as stupid as made out to be. He will bide his time and wait for the opportunity to rebel. The humble shall inherit.....
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:06 am

There is a difference in saying no to Fredric than there is to ignoring him. Fredric got pissed that Darke ignored his order and forced himself to stay calm. That's a huge difference from him simply saying no and making an objection with his answer of saying no. It was that simple fact that Darke ignored Fredric's order completely is what pissed him off.

From an outsider's point of view it probably doesn't appear to be much different but there actually is.

Since I don't want to give away spoilers of the identity of the human skull, I will say that it's the human remains of someone who died roughly 70-80 years ago. I haven't really quite narrowed down the exact time frame since I haven't worked on that backdrop story information in greater detail yet. I'm sure more ideas will spring to mind once I have but I'm certain it is the remains of a Riv'nar hero and champion. That's all I really want to keep out there for you guys to know. It would help contribute to ruining Book 1 if I gave to much information.

Taking the skull will indeed annoy Fredric. Might piss him off. I haven't really decided how Fredric would react to Jax pocketing it yet. Klikxx knows what's coming up after camp breaks. So there will be time before Fredric actually notices whatever Jax takes is gone and deal with the situation then. I also have an idea of what I'm going to get Jax to do with Fredric. So, it should empower some trust between the thieving acrobat and the prince on some small measure. Of course, that's entirely up to how Klikxx responses to my bone I'm going to be throwing him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphariusthemad Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:06 am

Didn't realise it was outright kleptomania. I think the word is 'oops'.

As for Magus undermining Fredric... he's doing it because he thinks he's better equipped to lead the quest against the Titans. I'm thinking Fredric will have demonstrated that he's much better of a leader than the first few days have implied, thereby forcing Magus to reassess his opinion of the man. As a leader, you understand; it's a much bigger investment to suddenly like someone than it is to acknowledge they're better than you at something.
Alphariusthemad
Alphariusthemad
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:00 am

That's what I was going to do. I haven't really took much thought into this, but deep down inside him, he could care less what Magus thinks. Fredric will save his people.. no matter what. Even if it comes to him believing Magus is an obstacle towards achieving that goal. He simply values his citizens higher than someone outside his kingdom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:08 am

Your right, from an outsider’s point of view there is little difference

Let’s dissect this a little, shall we?

Fredric is in a position of authority. His words carry weight. He has all but said that the young acrobat’s life is in his hand. To be dealt with at a more convenient time. He has already earned the prince’s disdain. Looked down upon as a lowly peasant thief from the start. Why provoke the situation further by refusing his command. Let me refresh your memory.

“I'm sure you know the crime for theft in his kingdom.” Fredric said shortly after his brief pause. “If it truly is not what I think it is, then please explain why you stole and my blade of retribution will not find it dirty from bringing swift justice to an agent of crime.” Fredric said while crossing his arms at the chest and waiting patiently as he could for being exhausted.

Fredric drew his other sword and handed one to Jax. “I see no reason to bring justice to someone that has committed no crime in front of me. It is not my place to judge a man that tries to survive in the world. However, please keep those fingers under control or las they be no longer a part of your hand.” Fredric said while Kalus had paused and then quickly added. “Clean my weapons, take care of our horses, look after our belongings and I'll talk to my father about what happened to you.” Fredric did not care much for thieves

The prince has been taght from an early age how to present himself to the masses. Like it or not we tend to let out more of our true self when tired or angry. He has let down that guarded visage on several occassions revealing his flaws. Fredric is already prejudiced against Jax. The acrobat can sense it. Given the circumstances it is only natural to be walking on eggshells.

Alpharius, there you have it. You can assume Erik was listening in on the conversation between Jax and Amelia. It will open up possibilities later on. It is up to you how to use the encounter.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:45 pm

True, but I didn't write that with the idea of Fredric looking own on Jax. Didn't cross my mind at all. He might have been tired at that point in the story, but he still was merely requesting Jax to do something to make better use of his time while staying in the company of Fredric and Co. It might look like talking down and treating Jax like peasant thief from the acrobat's perceptive, but really he isn't treating him any differently than he has Darke or Kalus; which are Riv'nar military soldiers.

I suppose the up coming plot twist the two of us know about will shake some heads among the characters and us writers. Should be interesting, right Klikxx? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Question: So in Darke's post, (Alph-the-mad) he said something about Zephyr being the hunter so he remained where he was (or something like that, I'm very vague at the moment).

Does this suggest that my character has gone hunting while the others are packing? Would that be of any use?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:31 pm

I was going off of what Tkwiget said in his post in the OOC somewhere...I can look it up if you want a quote. I can't remember exactly what he said, but I recall him saying that you would be hunting for our food again. Though maybe he only said that because he was used to getting rid of Zephyr when there was no one to control his character. I can always edit that out. I know its kind of character controlling. I was just going off of what Tkwiget said.

Edit: Last post of the last page

That's fine. I've been helping my mom get through a death in the family. It's been kind of rough on her and that's why I haven't been as engaged as I should be in my RPs. I suspect that others not realize what to post so I suppose I could state the obvious.

Wake up, figure out what's going on in the camp, and start getting the horses backed for travel. Also, their morning meal is to be prepared as well. I suppose I can leave Eternity to that with Zephyr doing the hunting, again. The rest of you could probably just do the things I've listed and see where we are at that point.

So yeah, what I said was more controlling than it needed to be. Let me know if you have other plans and I will change it. Sorry!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:48 pm

No no, I just wanted to make sure that's what was said.

I'm going to try and post tonight. Thanks for filling me in a bit. Very Happy
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:04 am

I wanted the group to actually play out as realistic as possible. A group of adventurers would eat first before moving on with their quest. It would make more sense if their is some kind of time crunch involved but I didn't really make a time crunch with this. i might later on with certain Titans to add further elements of realism. Really much of this is still up in the air but that was my aim with the way things are going so far. I also find it to be good practice for everyone's writing skills if these situations are actually played out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:57 am

I suppose the up coming plot twist the two of us know about will shake some heads among the characters and us writers. Should be interesting, right Klikxx?

I am all for the eating part but let's skip over the appetizer and get right to the meat and potatoes of it all.

The plot twist will indeed provide plenty of opportunities for the characters to explore. So as the say in the cartoons....
"On with the show this is it"
Let's break camp and move this carriage forward.
Mush little doggie, Mush!
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 am

Haha..

All in good time. I'm under the impression everyone is getting antsy about the upcoming huge battle. It's how I intended it to be. It makes us enjoy the action more with all the suspense building up. I plan on having everyone taking an action role in each encounter in some way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphariusthemad Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Tkwiget wrote:That's what I was going to do. I haven't really took much thought into this, but deep down inside him, he could care less what Magus thinks. Fredric will save his people.. no matter what. Even if it comes to him believing Magus is an obstacle towards achieving that goal. He simply values his citizens higher than someone outside his kingdom.
What made you think Magus is a foreigner? The way I envisioned it, all he's been running from is his hometown, because eventually someone is going to put two and two together and realise he killed Sindri. And yes, Sindri was meant to be an evil bastard, but murder is murder and there's only so much mitigating circumstances will do in a feudal kingdom. Especially mitigating circumstances for a scary death wizard.

Also, in theory there's the off chance that he might actually come to see things Magus' way, if he really is convinced that his one or two big goofs so far are evidence of not being worthy. In practice, I wouldn't want to derail the party that badly, but Fredric openly acknowledging his mistakes would go a long way to convincing Magus that he's actually a decent leader.
Alphariusthemad
Alphariusthemad
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 pm

I was under the impression that Magus was from another country cause of the nature of how evil wizards are treated in Riv'nar. I don't think the leaders of Riv'nar would allow someone else like Soryin to roam freely without some reason for it. So this gives me an idea for a later chapter. Actually a particularly dark chapter. You guys will know what I'm talking about at the end of chapter 3 and during chapter 4.

I just didn't realize you made Magus a Riv'nar citizen. I don't remember reading that at all in your character's bio information. I suppose you did that on purpose. I guess my memory is a little off on that.

I know I have the first few chapters lined up in a very structured way, but that's the level of content I had planned out so far in the story. I haven't quiet made the other countries being affected by Titans or anything of the sort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:21 pm

Since Kalon is a little busy with a work project, I'm just gonna briefly take over his character. I know he won't mind so it's all good. This is of course if Kalon objects and wants to muster a four paragraph post real quick. I'm assuming he is to busy to do so.

EDIT: How far away is Jax and Magus from Fredric? Cause, Fredric is standing by the fire in deep thought. Just wondering cause he would over hear them if they were to close. I'm assuming they are far enough away to talk in almost normal volume.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphariusthemad Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:49 pm

I kinda assumed that being a Riv'nar citizen was the default for characters trying to save Riv'nar. Magus isn't evil anyway, and his spells aren't evil*; wearing black, being pale, and using scary magic is reason to be mistrusted and shunned by overly cautious and bigoted people, but unless necromantic magic is specifically forbidden throughout Riv'nar, the cops have nothing on him until they find out about Sindri. Well, OK, you could pin the whole worship of the Old Ones against him too, especially if you've ever heard of H. P. Lovecraft, but I heavily implied that citizens will work with Magus even knowing that. Certainly the more tolerant and/or criminal elements.

As for how far away Jax and Magus are ((Klixx is still calling him Magnus in PMs)) from Fredric, Magus did his best to intercept Jax as soon as he entered the camp, and he has an unfair advantage in terms of information. However, all that means is that it could go either way; if the storyline options sound better should Fredric overhear, then Fredric's overhears. If not, then he doesn't. The way I see it, if he does, he's likely to explode openly just a little, and take out stress from "today I'm possibly going to die" syndrome on the person who (from what he hears) is leading up to an offer of treason.

* Based on typical morality of the kind of person who wants to play a nonevil character who's still downright scary, and openly dislikes the paladin. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Customers are advised to copy/paste this section into a Notepad file or increase the zoom in their browser, as the joke doesn't work if this isn't small print. Also, I'm really glad I didn't actually have to put an alignment on the character sheet, because that would provoke so, so much OOC morality discussion.
Alphariusthemad
Alphariusthemad
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:22 pm

I never made it a requirement to be a Riv'nar citizen. Zephyr isn't really a citizen of Riv'nar. He is a citizen of the Fang Desert and the great desert isn't part of Riv'nar, just connected to it through land mass. I probably, some where, said the exact opposite and that probably was a critical mistake.

Either way, it won't matter much if he is a citizen or not. I'll assume Fredric can't hear them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphariusthemad Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Not a requirement, no, but a fair base assumption. As in, unless specified otherwise, it's likely these people are from Riv'nar if they could possibly grow up the way they have in Riv'nar. Plus, it makes it more plausible for Magus to speak the same language as everyone else, although admittedly high fantasy never bothers with any tongues other than common, elven, and Black Speech. Razz
Alphariusthemad
Alphariusthemad
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:25 am

This isn't high fantasy though. Never was intended to be. I just like some details to exist. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:48 am

Whoa... Shocked
I have some ketchup to do... Razz
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 am

I suppose I'll wait on typing my post and let you ketchup indeed. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next