FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sea-faring Adventure Int Check

+5
Mojave Wanderer
Kathryn Lacey
Buzzwulf
Artorius
Gadreille
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Sea-faring Adventure Int Check - Page 4 Empty Re: Sea-faring Adventure Int Check

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 am

Blah... I got really busy yesterday with some major job hunting, but I'll get to the research today.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Sea-faring Adventure Int Check - Page 4 Empty Re: Sea-faring Adventure Int Check

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 pm

It's OK, I haven't finished mine either.

If you look at the ships info, you will get an idea of what details I am looking for (but always feel free to add more).

Was debating on adding a section for ship's history...but that might be better divulged In Character.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 pm

Mmkay. The only thing that wasn't discussed in PM's between us was length of the ship... or rather... the only thing I didn't mention when I PMed the other pirates... XD

We'll definitely work it out.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:56 pm

When you are thinking of your crew, this webpage gives a good idea of who you might want to include. Whether you want to give your crew a number amount, or include rank, is up to you.

Captain, Quarter Master, Sailing Master, Boatswain, carpenter & surgeon, Master Gunner, Mates, Sailors, Rigger, cabin boy, powder monkeys and swabbies.

Obviously, the smaller the ship, the smaller the crew, keep that in mind when you decide ship length.

Also, if anyone has a good idea of how big a crew should be, please tell me, for I am just guessing here.

Edit:
If we cannot escape these doldrums before night,
I fear we will sail on trackless seas.
Doomed to roam the reach between worlds...

Forever.

Just a little somethin' to inspire yall Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:14 am

Hullo, everybody.

So, I ran an idea for my pirate's 'power' by Ryona, and the circumstance surrounding it's... procurement. My character, Captain Tobias Ormsby, has a bad power, not a good one. It's more of curse(which I'll explain in the character sheet more properly) but Ryona suggested I ask if you all are alright with my character having received this power by(intentionally or not) defiling a relic of one of the gods.

What say you?
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 am

Sounds fun and interesting to me, I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:37 am

I ain't got nothin' wrong with it Smile
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:52 pm

I don't see any harm in the way he may procure his abilities. After all, as rare as relics like that may be, they do still exist. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:52 am

Alright, so I'm hoping we get those last two character sheets up this weekend, so I may start this thing by monday. HD, Plague, do you think you can do it?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:18 am

*staggers in from an all night driving adventure*

I'll give'em a stab tommorrow when my brain ain't dead. Just got to do bio and power description. Hopefully easy.

Fer now...sleep.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:15 am

Yes! I'm off from work today. I'll have it up tonight.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Awesome, thank you, and please please please don't forget, cause I really want to get this started and I can't without your CS.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:32 am

Yes, I named the ship The Jolly Possum.

Just waiting for Plague's CS and the rest of the pirate ship info and we are ready to go!

edit: Wow, I didn't even realize this, but native american symbolism for the possum:
•Possum / Opossum: Proper use of deception; sensibility; guidance to uncovering talent, psychic or physical; gains wisdom; recovery.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:59 am

I was gonna write up a character sheet tonight, but then I went to a graduation party yesterday. While I was there, I started coughing really, REALLY hard. At first, I thought my asthma was acting up, but I wasn't having a hard time breathing, I just couldn't stop coughing. Eventually, that stopped, but then I had this immense pain under by breastbone.

Long story short: I coughed so hard that I tore a hole in my trachea and had to go to the hospital. Currently, and for the next couple days at least, I'll be a little bit whacked out on pain meds, so if you guys want to just go ahead without me, I'll totally understand
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Undisputed Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:28 am

Ryona Noel wrote:Yes, I named the ship The Jolly Possum.

Just waiting for Plague's CS and the rest of the pirate ship info and we are ready to go!

edit: Wow, I didn't even realize this, but native american symbolism for the possum:
•Possum / Opossum: Proper use of deception; sensibility; guidance to uncovering talent, psychic or physical; gains wisdom; recovery.

whoa....Fate, maybe?? Razz

And Buzz, wish you a speedy recovery friend!
Undisputed
Undisputed
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:22 am

Dear goodness, buzz! I didn't know that was possible.

I'm sure it will take everyone a while to get their posts up, but if we have to wait a bit for you we will. And get well soon! And don't cough!

Haha, right, Undisputed? I don't even know what made me think of a possum!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:54 am

Sorry to double post, but as I start thinking about my intro post I realize I already need to make NPCs. Shall we have a list of NPCs we create somewhere in the OOC for reference?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am

Ryona, your ship name is awesome, and I like the idea of a list of NPC's in the OoC. I also think we should have a link to the IC in the first post of the OoC and a link to the OoC in the first post of the IC.

Buzz, that's horrible! I am so sorry that happened to you, but I hope you'll be okay very, very soon. That has to be extremely uncomfortable. =(

Right now, I'm really sick, so being at the computer really just... isn't comfortable for me. I hope everyone can carry on without me until I'm better.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4