FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New world/adventure Fantasy RP Interest Check

+2
xraineyesx
Mercinus3
6 posters

Go down

New world/adventure Fantasy RP Interest Check Empty New world/adventure Fantasy RP Interest Check

Post by Mercinus3 Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:38 pm

I'll have to admit, I've not been quite as successful here than I thought I would be, mainly because I have problems with RL issues (splitting up with my gf just over a month ago) and a very busy life in general (with upcoming exams). However, I should feel that I need to make another attempt at making another RP here to keep my dwindling activity up and I will be pulling all the stops for this one (hopefully, depending on how well this goes).

For my latest RP idea, although an old one, I will be posting one of my RPs which had some acclaim to it (was in a Hall of Fame on one forum before I left and ranking top on another forum with a lot of the members that I know). The RP will be set in a world that I have spent perhaps 6 months worth of work in to give it a sense of uniqueness to it, ranging from 6 continents with somewhat specific attributes and elements assigned to them, new kinds of magics and historical events that have happened in its past (including something along the lines of what the main plot of this RP will be based on), even having races, creatures, different planes that are available to the characters and deities that are unique to the world itself (with a creature count of over 20 unique creatures on 3 of the continents, which some of those creatures belong to a continent that I haven't really finished describing yet, so the count would increase dramatically when I get the time over the summer to finish the mammoth project). For a taster of what the RP consists of, I'll quote the setting of the world that I have created called Gelbaron:

In the world of Gelbaron, 6 grand continents filled the landscape of the world. The entire world is slightly larger than the world that we would call home. One of the continents is about 1/3 of the size of Pangaea, being slightly larger than Asia. Each continent held the extremes of Earth’s harshest terrain, ranging from a place of extreme cold to mountains that would be able to block out the sun to the unbearable heat of an expansive desert.

The smallest continent, Eoqusse, has many ecosystems within it, ranging from the only fungus forest in the world to the small inland sea that takes up over 1/3 of the continent. Feraena Forest is one of the four forests in the entire world, with it being the only fungus forest in the world. Some of the vegetation in the forest can reach the height of the tallest trees in Garresch Rainforest in Gelbeterron. The next place of interest is the Plains of Irilkon. The vast thunder plains is nothing but stormy, the landscape being filled with metallic stalactites and rusted tors. Surprisingly, even though there is lightning streaks that goes on for miles, there is rarely any rain in the plains. At the heart of the plains is Levia, the capital of Eoqusse, being nicknamed Lightning City because it is where most of the lightning is directed to. In the heart of the inland sea is a mysterious island that is home to the landmark called the Ruined Mansion. No one knows where it came from, but no one has returned from their venture there because of a mysterious 'curse' that the house supposedly have.

The continent of Galacteo, the second smallest continent, holds the hazards of ice and freezing temperatures. Only the edges of Galacteo hold the urban lands, since the Icy Wastelands were very hostile, and remained uninhabitable since time began. Tales have been heard that the temperatures throughout the land goes below -100 F, leaving those that venture into the heart of the Icy Wastelands freezing in a matter of seconds. The only few that are able to withstand the temperatures of Galacteo are the People of the Ice. They alone are adapted to the harsh blizzards and are reputably called the 'True Humans'. The capital, which is set in the Icy Wastelands is Gelidaro, or the Blue Star of Galacteo to outsiders of the continent. Rumours have it that there is a mysterious creature that lives in the heart of the Icy Wasteland, which was the cause for the majestic Drægar to move away from the waters that split the two landmasses.

Taelvera is the fiery continent. It is home to the largest volcano in the world, one which is reputable for the many deaths that it possesses during the many descents of the fire pilgrims that mainly reside in the continent. Mortalio Mountain is the highest point in the world, reaching the same height of Mount Everest. The continent's name is derived from the massive caldera that takes up nearly the entire continent, the entire area marked out by the famous Infernus Halo. The only safe passage through the entire Halo, which is nothing but a massive ring of lava, is through the capital city, Flæris, on the east of the ring. Those that come from the port city of Liaut will either try and brave the perilous passage through the Halo, infested by the thousands of burning undead that take a hold on it, or travel several hundreds of miles around to get to the capital city. According to the book of mythos in the libraries of Flæris, there is a mysterious surprise at the heart of Mortalio Mountain that no one has yet to see.

The third largest continent, Aureanus, is the south pole of the world. It has a similar climate to Galacteo, but the temperature is warmer than its sister continent. It is always sunny, though the gentle winds that brush across the landscape makes the warm rays of the sun cold. With the sun constantly shining down, the landscape is constantly bright, making it hard for travelers to see what dangers would approach them. The creatures in Aureanus, notably the elusive White Halergeth (a large, white lizard that is a similar build to a Komodo Dragon), are several times more vicious than anything seen in Galacteo, making the trek more dangerous. The continent is has two ice shelfs, one nearly splitting the continent into two landmasses, are the main features of the continent. Glaciera is, though not as beautifully sculpted as the ice buildings in Gelidaro, a beautiful city to visit.

Out of the two largest continents, the landscape of Celbaron is expansive. The Celbarean Desert alone is the biggest area of nature in the entire world, taking up nearly 2/3 of the area of the continent itself. The desert itself is one of the hottest places on the entire world, second only to the caldera of Taelvera and the Infernus Barbie Horse Adventures. The unbearable rays of the sun and the lack of clouds are certain to leave people traveling the desert wanting to drink constantly. The nights, due to the lack of shelter, gets very cold, though not as cold as the two ice continents. Sandstorms are prevalent towards the heart of the desert and near one of the capitals of the continent, Salizærba. Amaroth Mountains has the second largest volcano in the world, the Volcano of Caern, and the Head of Celbaron is the smallest mountain range in the entire world. Malea is the city on the edge of the Land of the Malou, badlands that have heat extremes that makes the Celbarean look like a cold place. The only thing that stops the lands from being the hottest place is the clouds that frequently come from the mountains.

The final continent of Gelbeterron, its size overshadowing Celbaron by a fair margin, held the mountains, rolling plains and the massive forests. The Gateway to Gelbeterron is the largest mountain range in the world, over 5 times the size of the Head of Celbaron, though it is still smaller than the Celbarean Desert. Roads have been built for a thousand years so the Beacon of Hope and Galbeez are linked. However, during the times when the roads were made, several road builders made roads that led through the mountains, either leading to a longer road to either of the two cities, or to an inevitable death. All around Gelbeterron knows this about these mountains; if you are unprepared, and enter the Gateway, you will never reach the other side of it, leading to the hands of starvation or the hands of the hostile life forms that dwell inside. The other mountains that are in Gelbeterron are the amply named 'Werepyre' Mountains, where fiendish creatures of the night are able to rip a full grown man in their bare hands. Folia Forest and Jaeltreg Forest are forests that are home to deciduous and coniferous trees respectably. Garresch Rainforest is the only rainforest in the entire world, placed in between the Gateway and 'Werepyre' Mountains, where it continuously rains, save for the Beacon of Hope that is Terrubane. Silvæa is the other capital of Gelbeterron, which is at the heart of Jaeltreg Forest.

Gelbeterron, Celbaron and, to some extent, Galacteo and Aureanus is split up by the massive Aranth Ocean. The waters are more tropical than some of the other oceans, which makes the coastlines around it some attractive places for families to go and spend the day. Towards the heart of Aranth, Axehead Islands and Solitude Island is placed. Solitude Island is a place of absolute tranquility, no human ever marring the beauty that the island has, each tree placed in the ground to perfection. Axehead Islands, on the other hand, still has some beauty. The small group of islands are marred with the rumours of pirates inhabiting the islands being something that forces merchant ships to keep their eyes out onto the horizon. However, Axehead Islands and Solitude Island held beauty, both are haunted by the final group of islands, only known as the Unforgiven Islands. Once renowned for being the islands that was home to the famous blacksmith, Calelotte, and some of the finest craftsmanship that the world has seen. On the other hand, they were also the islands that led to his downfall. Once a lush green island, now only black ground and death reside on the island.

The second largest ocean in the world is Daergren Ocean, the ocean that links Galacteo, the north of Gelbeterron and the north of Taelvera. Due to the nature that the ocean being so close to the cold continent, the waters that makes up the ocean is icy cold, able to freeze someone to death within minutes of exposure. Not even the massive amounts of layers to keep a person's body warm is unable to keep that person alive. There is also the danger that there is various icebergs floating in the ocean that makes it too dangerous for sea faring folk to travel in, lest they want to crash into them. Each iceberg is unique in size and shape, decreasing the chance to meet an iceberg of the same size and shape in the ocean to zero. This is also the ocean that a few of the largest Drægars live, being able to survive the monster that lives in the deep. Rumours have it that this beast lives in the waters that run between the two landmasses that make up Galacteo.

The relationship between Kælgreth and Daergren Ocean is the same as the relationship between Galacteo and Aureanus. The only difference between the second largest ocean and the ocean that links Aureanus and the south of Celbaron and Eoqusse is that the temperature is halfway between Aranth Ocean and Daergren Ocean. The waters are crystal blue, able to see to the underwater mountains that are underneath the surface of the water. Rumours have it that there is an ancient city that resides in these mountains, but many explorers have found nothing when they tried various methods of looking at the bottom of those ridges. These include Far-Sight, a spell that is able to see places in far away. There is no visible means of actually going to the bottom of Kælgreth because of the vicious creatures that lurks in the deep, including those that can drain those that use Far-Sight.

Finally, the smallest of all the oceans and seas that links the continents together is Beloth Sea, commonly known as 'Aranth's little sister'. Linking Galacteo, Taelvera and Celbaron, the sea is in the similar temperature range to Kaelgreth Ocean, though it is more towards the warm temperatures of Aranth, since it is close to two of the hottest continents in the world. Despite being near Daergren and Aranth Ocean, there is no Drægars in Beloth. Instead, there is the Derapherons, or the 'three headed shark' as it is rumoured to look like. The creature is rarely seen by sailors and it is even rarer that there are any survivors from the ships that come across one. Various descriptions are used because the experience of meeting one is horrific to those that look upon it.

Although I won't be able to have time to get a full structured RP within a month or two, but I would want to see if there is anyone interested in the RP before I post a lot of info on the forums.

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

New world/adventure Fantasy RP Interest Check Empty Re: New world/adventure Fantasy RP Interest Check

Post by xraineyesx Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:32 pm

The fact that you've put some much work into it gains interest on that basis alone, but that aside, I really do find this interesting and I would greatly enjoy taking part in it, if you continue it.

Do you have any set plot in mind or do you just rely on such a vast world to create a plot by itself?

I really do think that either this could be a lot of fun.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

New world/adventure Fantasy RP Interest Check Empty Re: New world/adventure Fantasy RP Interest Check

Post by Mercinus3 Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:54 am

xraineyesx wrote:The fact that you've put some much work into it gains interest on that basis alone, but that aside, I really do find this interesting and I would greatly enjoy taking part in it, if you continue it.

Do you have any set plot in mind or do you just rely on such a vast world to create a plot by itself?

I really do think that either this could be a lot of fun.

Most of the RPs I create have a plot in them. This RP certainly isn't an exception from that. This RP started over a year ago and I can still recall what the plot of the RP is clearly, including to the detail on what happens every step of the way. I have also been known to be very flexible with my plot lines just in case something doesn't happen according to what I have in mind and improvise on what is happening at that point, which has happened in this RP before and made it something quite spectacular.

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:00 am

Well, you can count on me if you get the interest. But I really am curious to the plot. Maybe you could give me a synopsis?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:16 am

I would give you somewhat of an idea on what the RP is about via some of the plot. However, that is one of the things that I would be working on and it would be the last thing that I would do before the RP is finished. I can, however, give you some of the old plot which is possibly ideal for a synopsis. I must apologise in advance if it seems a bit rubbish, but it is a fairly old plot.

It was only a few hundred years ago did an undeniable evil emerge from both the Amaroth Mountains and the ‘Werepyre Mountains’, and started to spread throughout the world. Chaldon and Qucndel were the first civilized cities that had fallen to this evil and Berenol was under siege by it.

Terrubane, being the capital of Gelbaterron, also fell under siege by the Werepyres, but it still stands, with thanks to a band of mercenaries repelling the evil from their city. Ever since the Siege of the Scourge, Terrubane has been known as the Capital of the world and the Beacon of Hope.

However, in these dark days, the Werepyres, under the lead of an unknown man called Lord Sacremento, managed to wipe nearly all of the mercenaries out, and completely destroyed Terrubane. Only a flicker of hope is left on the backs of the few mercenaries left. However, the burden to restore peace throughout Gelbaron… rests on the shoulders of Mercinus Greyback…

Ideally, this was supposed to be a book that I was hoping to write sometime in the far future, but RL has pushed back the plans a fair bit.

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:53 am

It was a great summary. Just enough to draw attention and interest and give the basic idea without saying too much.

Ah, yes, I know how that goes. I'm an aspiring writer myself. But hey, lately I've been making great progress. Thirty thousand words strong, and still going as long as the coffee keeps coming. Heh.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:03 am

Ah, this RP sounds interesting, hope this gains enough interest. Very Happy Can't wait.

*notices Rain* aaah its this wonderful woman again. XD
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Hehe thanks, raineyes (if you don't mind me calling you that). Nowadays, I add a fair bit more to the plot of RPs but leave a heck load of the twists and surprises out (for obvious reason that it wouldn't be twists and surprises hehe). Currently, even if it isn't finished, the amount of information stands over 13,500 words long and it has been on hold for a fair few months so I am ready for these exams. My lists on what is going to be in the RP stands with:

• Finishing place descriptions that I had started.
  • Gelbarean-specific races.
  • The different planes of existence that are in this world (though there are two planes that are available at the moment besides the normal world).
  • Something that will be important for the RP itself (which I won't reveal until the RP is up)
  • The plot itself.

Eventually, there will be more, rather unnecessary info that would be done later like famous people that have existed in the world's history, famous artefacts, historic events, deity facts and the time structure of the world (since it is different from our own) just to name a few. At the moment, the stuff I've got done so far are:

• The Setting (as quoted above)
  • A map of the world itself (all hand drawn twice, which one of them featured parts of 3 of the continents)
  • City descriptions
  • The playable magics in the world
  • Old drawings of something that I need to revamp (since there are people who are better drawers than me, I have to say)
  • Some of the place descriptions

With the prequel to this RP, I am fairly certain that I would need multiple posts to get all the info down in one place, usually lasting 4-5 pages, though it might be able to fit 2, depending on the post length. I can guarantee that I would need at least 6-7 posts to get the info down, maybe more.

@ thecolorisred: Smile Glad that this RP has interested you. Hopefully it would get more interest as well and I can guarantee that it will not disappoint you.

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:16 pm

You, my good sir, may call me whatever you wish to. Everyone has their own nickname for me, so go right ahead.

Wow. You've put so much work into this. I'd really enjoy taking part in it, if that comes to pass. I might get a little confused with so much to remember, but still, I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Oh yes, Red, it is me. And I am very wonderful, thanks for noticing. =P
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:26 pm

xraineyesx wrote:You, my good sir, may call me whatever you wish to. Everyone has their own nickname for me, so go right ahead.

Wow. You've put so much work into this. I'd really enjoy taking part in it, if that comes to pass. I might get a little confused with so much to remember, but still, I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Hehe. Anyway, yeah, there is a lot of detail that I have done to bring this RP up from a more 'Literate' level that it was at in the beginning to get it to the level that it is in at the moment. For a few people I know online, I call Gelbaron my 'brainchild' since it came from my head (obviously Very Happy) and that it is one of the pieces of work that I have enjoyed creating out of all the RPs that I have done put together (including Calamity, which was the RP that got me invited to FOG by the admin herself), so I am pleased with that ^_^.

As for me personally (for anyone who reads this), feel free to call me Merc, M3 or just Sam in the future.

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Ah. I understand completely then. Brainchildren are important.

Really? A personal invite? Then it must have been pretty damn good. I believe you when you say it's one of your favorites. I think the amount of work you've put into it is stunningly impressive. I don't think I've encountered another roleplay with this much dedication put into it.

Well, it's a pleasure then, Merc, M3, or Sam, whomever you may be, to be properly introduced. ^^
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:18 pm

Wow Merc, I have to say that I'm impressed with what you have to offer. I am in awe with how you got a personal invite from the admin. Pretty sweet if you asked me.

Just reading your thoughts/plan makes me smile - well, literate writing and a vivid imagination makes me smile, basically. Kudos to you c:
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:44 pm

I am interested - yet a little afraid. Smile Knowing that you put this much time and effort into your world makes it a little intimidating.
I will plan to keep tabs on this, and will probably join if you don't object.

I do always find it interesting how everyone approches 'world building' in a slightly different way.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Aesalon wrote:I am interested - yet a little afraid. Smile Knowing that you put this much time and effort into your world makes it a little intimidating.
I will plan to keep tabs on this, and will probably join if you don't object.

I do always find it interesting how everyone approches 'world building' in a slightly different way.

Nonsense! Gelbaron is as intimidating as a cute kitten toying with your hand before it feasts on your very soul through your eye sockets (just joking on the crossed out bit Laughing ). Besides, I'll be at hand after the RP is created to make sure everyone is settled into my own world and make it as familiar to them as I can. With all of my RPs, I do not object anyone joining in as there is no set limit as to how many characters are allowed into the RP (though I will stop new characters from joining if the RP becomes popular and I start to lose track of characters and events happening in the posts).

Again, because of my absence and busy life, no one on the forum has yet to know me but once all that is out of the way, you'll all get to know me and enjoy the personality that I have (hopefully if it's not too boring for your tastes).

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Merc. Thus far, I enjoy you and the effort you put into this greatly. I can't wait to actually take part in it! And for you to be around more. Because this will be a lot of fun to take part in, and I always love a good roleplay. Hopefully you can be around more soon!

And as Aesalon said, I'll continue keeping tabs on this, and be on the lookout for updates!
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Consider me intrigued as well. Will do a read-through sooner or later. Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Whoa... it feels like my Sephiris RP only a few steps ahead. Shocked
If I wasn't hosting that, I'd join this one in a heartbeat! Very Happy
I'll definitely read the whole thing as it grows. Maybe I'll join if one of my other RPs finishes.

Color me anticipatious!
Bow 2
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:38 am

Although I've read this thread a fair few times before this post, thank you guys for the interest in the RP. Certainly more than what I've had for my other two RPs put together. I have decided to work on a bit more on the things that I need to get done before my exam tomorrow and, as a token of gratitude for the interest, I'll let you have a look at the magics in the world (some common ones along with new ones)

Magic of Gelbaron

Mana magic

Out of all of the magic that is present in Gelbaron, mana is the most common area of magic of them all. Most call it 'spirit' magic or 'self spirit' magic. As the latter title suggests, mana is the magic that is stored inside one's spirit. Any mage can say that anyone can use magic but it takes time for them to get it under control and use it with free will. Mana is used to conjure many spells, ranging from magic meteors to shields of pure arcane. The only downside to using this type of magic is that it drains the power that someone's spirit has. If all of that power is drained or used up, the body will lose its entire spirit and becomes an empty shell. Some say that this fate is worse than death itself. The advantage of using this magic is that you can store it in mana crystals, which are clear crystals that are constructed to be used for storage. As long as the crystals are attached to your skin directly, whether in a necklace or a pair of gauntlets made of the shiny stuff, you can draw the energy from them and use it to your own liking, saving the power that the spirit has.

Elemental

After mana, Elemental magic is a common magic to see. Unlike mana, it is the most used magic in the world, since it is easy to control and understand. When a person learns on what their inner element is, their mana changes from pure energy into that element, leaving no trace of that energy behind. It is unlikely that you will encounter at least 50 elemental mages as you walk down the streets of a popular town, like Galbeez or Delevæno. Unlike mana, or any of the other magics that are woven in the complex atmosphere of Gelbaron, Elemental magic has 8 areas where it can be used. These areas of magic are Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Ice, Electricity, Light and Dark.

The most common element of this magic is Earth, which represents the tall mountains of Gelbeterron. Although mainly used for defence, since stone is one of the hardest materials to be summoned from the area around, it can be used as an offensive magic, ranging from summoning stalactites to hurl at your opponents to creating stone golems that are loyal to their creators. Some would say that it is the hardest element to control, since it takes up a lot of strength and willpower to just bring the earth to them. However, the Earth mages say that the actual use of the magic itself, not the summoning of the magic, was the most draining of them all.

The next common element is Fire, which represents Mortalio Mountain and the Infernus Halo. Everyone in the world knows that this is the most offensive element that is in the Elemental, with the majority of the offensive mana attacks, like meteors and energy cones (where magic is sprayed in a triangle pattern from the user's hand, catches fire and reigns down on their enemies. Unlike the other mages in the other Elemental groups, Fire Mages are able to cast many spells without them taxing their magic reserves. However, if one was to use one hand for a Fire Cone and one for Fireballs, then their reserves tire quickly, since the cone continues to take magic from the user's body.

The next element, Air, represents the expansive air that envelops the sands of Celbaron. Unlike Fire, Air magic is not as powerful in offensive magic and unlike Earth, it is not as powerful in defensive magic. Instead, it stands in the middle of the two elements, making it a balanced element. It has the defensive magic that Fire cannot have, like a shield of pure wind, and it has the offensive magic that Earth cannot beat, like focusing a slash of a blade to a sonic cut through the air. Some mages of the other elements notice that Air Mages are faster than anything that walks on two feet, save for the elusive race of the Drævarians and a few elves.

Water is the final element that sums up the 'big four' of the Elemental magics, which is seen in the cold waters around Galacteo. This is the magic that mainly deals with support magic, ranging from blinding enemies with a downpour to purging water toxins from anyone's blood stream. Despite this, Water magic is unable to heal anyone's injuries, which Light can. People could tell if someone uses this element is that their personality is calm, which represents the calm waters that are Aranth Ocean. They are usually slow to anger, which is the complete opposite of Fire.

One of the uprising groups in the Elemental magics is Ice, the blinding landscape of Aureanus it represents. This is a blend of a few of Fire's offensive capabilities and Water's support abilities. However, unlike the two, this also has the ability to either be defensive, like Earth, or have the ability to heal, like Light. That depends on the type of person that wants to train in the magic. Even if Galacteo represents Water, Ice users is not uncommon on the continent. The adept users of this element is the True Humans or The People of the Ice, since they spend most of their lives living on the ice and snow.

Electricity is an unusual element, which represents the electrifying Plains of Irilkon. It has the slight offensive magic that Fire has, but they do not suffer the penalty of their souls being drained. However, since electricity is usually seen for a brief second, it is the fastest casting magic than any other element. Electric users can either create magic from their reserves, which doesn't take much, or use the electricity in their surroundings to use, which doesn't take any magic reserves at all. It is for this reason that Electric Mages usually win in a magical confrontation against any other element if they are fighting in a thunderstorm.

Out of all of the elements, Light is the least common magic of them all. However, their healing magic is second to only the origin of magic. They are able to heal any injury and return the damaged skin to normal, even if the injured is on the verge of dying. However, it is unable to bring back people from the dead, which doesn't appeal to most of the people who want to study Elemental magic. Having said that, for those that do, they are one of the key assets that a travelling group can have, just in case there was any mishaps during their journey.

Dark magic is some often mistake for necromancy. Although they are dark in appearance, they are unable to summon any undead from the ground. Instead, they are able to summon demons from the darkness that surrounds them, which are the most offensive golems that can be summoned in Elemental Magic. They also are able to bend the darkness to their own uses, ranging from enchanting arrows with the darkness or strengthen their shields with it. This support that Darkness has makes the enchanted item the ability to absorb nearly any magic, save for Light and Electricity, making Dark Mages good magic magnets.

Nature

Often called 'druidic' magic, Nature magic does use what it's name represents. It allows the surrounding environment to control what the effects of the magic is. However, like what the name 'druidic', not only are they able to adapt their magic to what they are, Nature Mges are able to transform their entire bodies to any creature that they want it to be, ranging from a small bird to a giant Drægar. Nearly all of the time that someone encounters a Nature user, they will use their ability to shift into animals to attack their opponents. However, the only disadvantage that this magic has is also their strongest; the shape-shifting. When a 'druid' shape-shifts into a creature, their armour has not effect on how well they can withstand any attack that approaches them. It is because of this that they are often killed in a mage duel against any other magical user.

Illusion

Illusionists are able to change the appearance of the environment around them to deceive their opponents. Whether it is just to create a treasure trove near their victims or create a large Tarren out of nowhere that would attack their opponents. However, unlike mere illusions that one would think, the most expert Illusionist is able to conjure an apparition that can cause physical damage to their enemies and feel lifelike when one touches an illusion. This certainly gives an Illusion master an advantage over other magic users because of their weakness to melee attacks. However, to stop them becoming too powerful, their only disadvantage in using Illusions is that it is visible to others that they are using their magic when their entire bodies glow faintly, allowing them to use their magical spirit to make the illusion happen.

Shadow

Shadow magic users are often ninjas, who usually hide in the magic's origin of Chaldon. Most people that have only heard of this area of magic calls it 'the transporter' magic. Like the alternative name suggests, Shadow users are able to move from one place to another using a technique called 'shadow-jumping'. Though it's not literally jumping from one shadow to the next using your legs (sorry realists), but it's where the Shadow user enters the 'Shadow Realm' and travels through that or even rest in the realm. However, if one was to do the latter, even for only a minute, an hour will pass since they have disappeared. It is because of this that they seem to appear younger, even though they are older from their time in the Shadow Realm. One cannot live in the Shadow Realm because there is a being called the Shadow Fiend that roams that plane of existence and reap those that lives in the realm. There is a saying that everyone in the magical world knows; if one person is able to move from one place to another in a blinking of an eye, they know some Shadow Magic.

Necromancy

Necromancy is one of the darkest arts that one can learn in public. It is so evil, no matter if a necromancer's intensions are good, that anyone that knows this magic is executed on the spot without any trial at all. The mayor of the town cannot be blamed, since they know that necromancers are able to raise the dead to do what they want to do. Some also thing that they are able to summon an entire army of undead that would lay siege to any town, no matter what their forces are. However, since they are beings of true darkness, they are extremely vulnerable to light of any sort, leaving their skin complexion bone white. As the stereotypical necromancers in fairy tales, they dress in black. However, their articles of clothing are various on who they are, ranging from black leather tunics and black cotton pants to a black cloak that covers their entire body. Only the powerful necromancers that exist are able to summon and control liches and dracoliches.

Void

Nothing much is known on this area of magic. Some scholars will say that Void magic is the most primal form of Shadow magic and some even claim that Void magic the entity that had created all kinds of magic onto the world. Even though Void magic is one of the hardest magics to control, it is neither of those. Instead, it is an essence of what Dark Elemental and Shadow magic are put together. With the unpredictability on what Void magic could do, it is one of the most powerful magics that is used in the entire world, second only to the true origin of all of magic that is around. All of the offensive magic that the Fire and Electricity elements know are combined into one, allowing tremendous power at a small cost of the user's magical reserve. Also, similar to Electricity, if one was to fight in the Void itself, a plane that is between Limbo and the Land of Shadows, there is no cost to using the magic at all. However, with the tremendous power and ability to cast it without much penalties. Even for the most experienced magical users, there is a likely chance that the magic will overcome someone's entire body and turns it into nothing. Also, if two Void users were to come into contact and cast Void magic against each other, the effects of the two magics will cause the entire space where the collision took place to open up a rift into the Void, which would suck them into the vastness of the Void, where nightmarish beings live. It is for these reason that there so few Void users in Gelbaron.

Drægarian

Much like Void magic, Drægarian magic is not known to anyone save for the well told scholars. However, even if one is to know that this magic exists, only the reptilian people of the Drægar are able to use this magic, since their bodies are strong enough to use this magic. Drægarian magic is the best known defensive magic that is there in the entire world, second to none. The origin of the magic came from the depths of Daergren Ocean, right in the bodies of the Drægar. For ages, each serpent is able to cast a magic mantle so strong that not even Void Magic is able to break through it. Although the scholars are unable to figure out how this came to be, that ability is able to be used by the Drægarians. The obvious sign to those that are able to see magic that a Drægarian was using the powerful magic because their Magical Eye (an ability that allows them to see the magic in the first place, which no one that is a mage can do) is the easily recognized symbol that can be seen behind and in front of them. Although this is the most powerful defensive magic, only the origin of magic can damage it or debilitate it so any magic can pierce through the shield and tear through the user's body as if it was a weak spell from a novice.

Silvæan

Unlike Void and Drægarian magics, Silvæan magic is a known magic in the world. However, only a handful of people are able to use it. For someone to use this magic, one must either be a Silvæan by pure blood or someone with the Silvanean Gene. The obvious sign that someone is either Silvæan or has the Silvanean Gene is that they have hair that looks like it was made of pure silver and/or have irises that are silver. Silvæan magic is, although not the best when it comes to defense compared to Drægarian magic, but it is the best support and teleportation magic around. Unlike Shadow magic, one can teleport anywhere in the world without seeing it at all. However, Silvæan magic cannot heal any injuries at all, so it leaves them vulnerable to any attack if they are injured. However, if one was to do the Eternal Light ritual, one has a slight chance on becoming immortal to roam the land once again, with only the origin of magic being the weakness.

Aura

The least known magic of them all, but it is the most powerful magic that exists in Gelbaron. From all of those that know it, all of them will know that Aura magic is the embodiment of magic itself and is the true 'origin' of magic. Much like the latter two of the Elemental magic, there is two types of Aura: Light Aura and Dark Aura. Both of them are able to, if used offensively, go through anything that it comes into contact with, as if it was made out of nothing. However, this magic uses tremendous amount of the energy that someone's body has that even one spell would turn them into empty shells. Also, even with knowledge that it could turn anyone into 'empty shells', there is another problem that even experienced Aura users have; if there is not enough Aura magic that is in use and it being so concentrated, it will turn into any form of magic depending on its surroundings. Some would say that it would need godly magical reserves or a vast amount of mana crystals on one's body to be able to bring the concentration up and able to use many spells. This is why that even for the few that know Aura, even fewer are able to use the magic.

Light Aura has the ability to heal, much like Light magic, but it is able to cast many spells that the Elemental magic is unable to cast. Also, unlike Light Magic, Light Aura is able to bring back people from the dead without the caster to control that being's body and spirit. However, to do so, they need to use the magic shortly after that person has died, that way the person's spirit is nearby to be returned to their rightful place. The only being that is different from this rule is the one that embodies the entire power of Light Aura and the Mistress of Justice, the Light Ancient. She is the only being in the entire world, wherever she is, that can bring back someone from the dead long after that person has drawn their last breath.

Dark Aura embodies the full might and power of Aura's terrifying power. Nearly all of the attacks that this has is able to decimate something that it comes into contact with. The Dark Ancient, the most known user of this magic, is able to bring about the destruction of entire armies, even change the landscape with one attack. The only thing that this magic is able to, which Light Aura is unable to do, control objects. It is able to control the dead bodies around the Dark Aura user, much like necromancy. However, if used correctly, a Dark Aura user is able to control the living as well, no matter what the will power that person has. In doing so, however, the magic user must place a part of his own 'magical spirit' into that person, so it can be controlled. If their 'puppet' was to be killed by any means, that part of their spirit vanishes into nothing and cannot be replaced.

Aura magic is rather unique, since that both Light and Dark Aura counter each other and turn into nothing. Void magic, although it reacts with another essence of Void magic touches it, cannot create any other types of magic. However, Aura magic does create other areas of magic when they collide with each other, even though the result of both of them hitting each other is so violent that even rooted trees would be blown away by the end result. It is for that reason which Aura magic is known as the origin of all magic.

Again, it is only a small sample on what the RP has to offer in terms of information, but it should give you an idea (for those that want a mage character in the RP) on what you can use and start thinking about your characters.

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:48 am

Sorry for the double post here, though I would like to mention one thing here. I think I am certain to declare that this RP will be needing a help for others. Although I have mentioned that it was my brainchild, I have had help from others in the past to create the world as it is now (as mentioned in the chat room, several cities and a continent have names now and I have asked to design a few things that are key to the RP itself), so it would be rather hypocritical to be saying that. For any of those that have responded in this thread (or those that are having a look), feel free to speak up if you want to help in the creation of this RP.

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercinus3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:56 pm

The threads have now been created:

IC thread

OoC thread

~M3~
Mercinus3
Mercinus3
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down