FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sea-faring Adventure Int Check

+5
Mojave Wanderer
Kathryn Lacey
Buzzwulf
Artorius
Gadreille
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sea-faring Adventure Int Check - Page 2 Empty Re: Sea-faring Adventure Int Check

Post by Artorius Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:16 am

Sounds good! And I do apologize Ryona, I wasn't paying very much attention I suppose.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Sea-faring Adventure Int Check - Page 2 Empty Re: Sea-faring Adventure Int Check

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:25 am

It's OK, Artorius Wink I should have answered your question sooner.

And, to explain the gods a bit better, if your character can magically bring down a lightning bolt, and he believes its a power from the gods, or a god, and he prays to it and stuff, that's great.

However, I don't know if an actual god is going to come down from the heavens and grant us power. At least, not for a while. It's something we can bring up again further down the road, but I'd like to stick to sea monsters and at sea fighting for a while before we get into anything else.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:34 pm

The OOC is up, but please keep posting here until we get the characters settled.

There is a character sheet at the bottom, notice it says to not yet fill in occupation or ship. This is because we need to decide who is going to role play with who on what ship. If you know you want to be on a pirate ship/ royal ship/ fishing boat/ etc) please write that down in place of current ship. We will then compile everyone's characters and see who is going to end up role playing with who. If you guys want to work together in chat box and PM, thats fine. I don't mind you choosing partners. Just remember, no more than three main characters per ship.

After we know who wants to be on what sort of ship, we can then create the ships. That is going to be lots of fun, in my opinion Very Happy

(also, we can have countless NPCs...actually, I'm going to go write that down somewhere...*runs off*)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:14 pm

So guys, I have a rough outline for a character in my head. A fat businessman type. He'll be a merchant on a merchant ship and of course, he has an insatiable hunger for riches! Yet, he's lighthearted and when it comes down to it, whether he likes it or not, his conscience gets the best of him. If anyone would like to join me on a merchant ship feel free! I don't have to be the captain, either.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Perfect; exactly how I want you all to go about it Wink

Just to let you know, I am purposely not describing my character right now, because if we get four of one type, three of another, and only one of the last, I'd like to tailor myself to fit in with the lone person out. So, don't wait for me Wink If we get more than one "single" idea, we are going to have to make some compromises.

Also, we are all starting off on 3-4 seperate ships, but it does not have to remain that way. Eventually, we can all be sailing together either as a fleet, on one ship, or keep coming across each other as rivals.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Okay! I have my character so far. I actually have more information than what I'll show in the spoiler here, but that's just extra stuff that isn't a part of the character sheet Ryona provided.

Spoiler:

I can edit her information if things don't work out the way I hoped. I'm malleable for this game, and Ramya is, too.

I added more to the spoiler as Ryona wished.

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Ooh, go ahead and post all of the info, its just a template. You've reminded me to add a weapons section!

The familiar...is it just an animal companion, or does it have any abilities?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Just an animal companion. He likes to eat the mice and rats that are aboard the ship. I just called it a familiar because they have a connection... which I should probably add to her bio... ^^_^^;; But yeah! He's just a regular ol' kitty.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 pm

OK cool Smile Perfect.

We've got one for merchant and one for Pirate...can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Okay! I added all of the additional information to the spoiler in my previous post. I also added the part about her meeting Titan.

Just a little background, for ships, black cats were considered lucky as long as they were kept well fed and safe from harm. The luckiest cats were polydactyl ones ((multiple toes)). Titan has an extra toe on each paw ((four in all)), but they're a bit small than the cat I linked.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Kathryn, your power makes me think of the shadowman from The Princess and the Frog Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Undisputed Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:57 am

So, following in Kathryn's footsteps, I'm going to post mine here as well! Will move it to the OOC if you want.

Spoiler:
Undisputed
Undisputed
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:55 am

Good, I like what I see so far. Undisputed, do you have a preference for what ship you would like to be on?

Edit: Nevermind, I read it again and noticed at the end it said "took to pirating" ^_^

I'm hoping to see the other five today...Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Ryona, you mean the Voodoo dude? He had the creepiest demise EVER. XD

The difference with Ramya's ability is that her shadows can't touch or hurt anyone. They're just like regular shadows. She can just use them as illusions and whatnot.

Undisputed, whoo! Another for Team Pirate! :: high fives ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Yea, the voodoo dude Smile I loved his character, I loved almost everything about princess and the frog...especially the music!

I also liked the moral of the story...work hard, but don't forget to love what you got!

Anyway...I just pulled out some old costume stuff...debating between using a drawing or dressing up and taking a picture. What to do....lol
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:32 pm

You could do both, Ryona! You could dress up and take some pictures. Then, you could look through some drawings and decide which you prefer. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:54 pm

When I dress up I feel like the "Yoho" version that DigiMuse was condemning Pirate Gun I'll try it out and see what happens, though. I already know what image I will use if the pictures don't turn out.

Edit: Meh. I don't know what I think of them. Feel free to comment.
Close Up
Full Body
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm super torn here...

I mean... to make another pirate character would feel like a disservice to the world’s greatest pirate ever known…

*cough*Boyd Waters*cough*

So I feel like I should make a non-pirate character… but that would mean I’m not a pirate ;P

decisions …decisions...
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Lol. I know. I was torn between using the Corbina "pirate" picture you dug up for me all those months ago Laughing and the pictures I just posted.

I think, even if you start out with a "non" pirate character, there is still a chance that he/she might change. There is also the treasure hunters, a bit more of a lighthearted group, if you want a change of scenery Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Ryona, as far as the pictures in and of themselves go, I love that first one, the close-up. That corset is hooooot. I want it. XD

I think you could make a good pirate/treasure hunter/merchant out of those images. What was the drawing you wanted to use?

Danger, I think your best bet would be to go with a treasure hunter as Ryona suggested. They aren't as cut-throat, but they can still be awesome, you know? Plus, there's always the development where he changes allegiances.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Smile Thank you.

HD and I had planned on Corbina (my Emoria character, for anyone out of the loop) to abandon the Jasidin and become a pirate, and he found this awesomesauce image that I adore: link to image. However, I think I prefer my own dorky self for this role play. Partly because I can't shake the Corbina mindset when I see the other Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:03 pm

I'm tossing around ideas in my old noggin of mine, debating who to be and all that. Hopefully I'll have something tonight.

On a more helpful note...

THIS IS NOT SWAYING MY OPINION AT ALL.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Headbang Pirate Gun

we're getting there!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Ryona, I prefer you as a character for this game, too, actually. That is an awesome image, but it say "WITCH" more than "PIRATE" to me, so if you're going to have a character who isn't a witch, your lovely self makes for the better visual.

Plague, that is an awesome song. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Undisputed Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:13 am

For all to note, i have no problem making a slight change and changing my character to a treasure hunter. I know most would love to be a pirate lol, so if we are needing more in another area, send a note in a bottle towards my island!
Undisputed
Undisputed
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:00 am

Thanks.

Those who haven't done so yet, please put up at least the most basic character idea, so I can start arranging who will be with who, we can start building our ships, and I will also be able to choose my character. And don't worry about what you choose. If we end up with seven pirates and two merchants, it doesn't matter. I just don't want anyone role playing a story arc on their own.

Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:53 am

I'm fine with changing my character, too, if it will better suit the role play. She could be on a merchant ship, a treasure hunter ship, or a pirate ship with very minimal changes made.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Thanks for the idea. Treasure hunter sounds cool. Not a pirate, but its something I can work with. I'll have my idea for my character up at the latest tonight. I have a post that's nearly done for 'Life Sucks' that needs to go out before then. But I'll have something for you soon.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:49 pm

Mostly I just need to figure out what ship everyone prefers to be on, so thanks for that Smile Just need info from Plague, Buzz, Digi and Mojo I think.

Right now we've got one merchant, two preferable pirates but can be treasure hunters, and one for sure treasure hunter. If we had three people per ship I think we'd be set. Three on Artorious' merchant ship, three on a pirate ship, and three on a disguised treasure hunting ship.

Also, you don't have to be a merchant to go with Artorious, you could be hired help, or a stow away, or anything really.

Merchant Ship:
Artorius
Open Slot
Open Slot

Pirate Ship:
Undisputed
Kathryn Lacey
Open Slot

Treasure Hunter Ship:
Hello Danger
Open Slot
Open Slot

Mojo and I are willing to go wherever, and Undisputed and Kathryn Lacey are also both willing to move to a different ship if need be. So I just need to know if Plague, Buzz, and Digi have any certain preferences.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Undisputed Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:25 am

hmmmm.....dang, I'm excited about this one! i have an RP or 2 I'm in, but I'm kinda excited to see how this one plays out and such. Lets go people!!!!
Undisputed
Undisputed
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next