FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defying God (Fantasy with an impressive Magic System!)

5 posters

Go down

Defying God (Fantasy with an impressive Magic System!) Empty Defying God (Fantasy with an impressive Magic System!)

Post by IConsumedMyWings Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:31 pm

Magrea is a forgotten planet. Shunned by the Gods that once created it, it is a place where magic rules, and technology follows. The Gods have turned their backs, except for those who are still interested. There are astral deities and demons that want to see if Magrea will burn itself out or not.

The Gods, they want Magrea to burn for its insolence, for its crimes.

The Demons, they want Magrea to live, so they can harvest the souls...

What do you do? Do you side with the Gods that will kill you outright, or side with the Demons, who will knife you in the back later?

Alurane chose the Demons, and now he must defy his Gods.

_________MAGIC________________

Magic is a MASSIVE part of this RP.

There is one system, but it is very flexible.

Here is the basic skeleton:

Two Primals: Dark and Light

Four Elements: Earth, Fire, Water, Air.

Four "Phases": Life, Death, Nature, Tech.

You choose one of each, and combine them. So, a Light Fire with a Death Phase is person whose element shows itself as a very bright flash of light, something that incinerates quickly and instantaneously. I will go into the "Phases" in depth below.

PHASES:

Life: Anything that can be considered Godly or Holy. Bright, normally depicted as white. Represents more order. A CREATIVE/HEALING side, if paired with water or earth. A storm (lightning) if paired with Air. A flare (star) OR a Torch (permanent light) are examples of a Life Fire.

Death: Destructive, dangerous. Unholy, Demonic. Represents Chaoticness. A DAMAGING/DESTRUCTIVE PHASE for ALL elements. A Death Fire is ash/smog, a Death Water is ice or Hurricane, a Death Earth is metal, Death Wind is a Maelstrom.

Nature: Truly wild, the hardest Phase to control. It applies parts of Life and Death, but is much harder to aim/control. Nature Fire is a wildfire, Nature Earth is forests, etc. Nature Wind is storms in all their aspects, Nature Water is oceans/rivers. These can harm OR heal.

Tech: Applied Phase, artificially created. Technically, it is weaker, due to less flexibility, but it is highly accurate and easy for anyone of any age to use. Tech Fire is gunpowder, Tech Wind is a turbine, Tech Water is a cooling system or water cannon. Tech Earth is armor or other things made from earthen elements.

THE PRIMALS:

The Primals are influences over both your character's temperament and their magic style. Now, they're not set in stone, but they can change a lot. Pair Light or Dark with any of the mentioned combinations above, and it changes it. How? You'll have to decide if Light Fire with a Nature Phase, or something that appeals more to "light" or something else fiery in nature.

How a Combination Should Work:
1. Think about what ELEMENT you want first. If you want lightning, think of what combination you'd have to do. I'd suggest Death Air with Light.
2. CHOOSE YOUR ELEMENT, then decide what Primal you want. This will let you know what type (generally) of a character you have, and what you really want him to do.
3. CHOOSE A PHASE. This is last, because it defines it the most. Dark Fire can be a lot of things, but Dark Fire with a Tech Phase is limited to plasma weaponry and such.
4. COME UP WITH ATTACKS AND MOVES TO DECIDE IF YOU LIKE YOUR COMBINATION. In the RP, I will allow to switch your Phase or Primal TWICE. Now, this can be storyline related, or it can be a RetCon ("Oh, no. John was ALWAYS a Dark Fire with a Death Phase."). I will NOT, however, allow you to switch your Element (because that's physically impossible in the RP, and storyline couldn't justify it. Plus people might use it to cheat).

For more story, PM me. Once I have FOUR people comment and tell me they plan on joining, I shall make an OOC.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Defying God (Fantasy with an impressive Magic System!) Empty Re: Defying God (Fantasy with an impressive Magic System!)

Post by IConsumedMyWings Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Gah, I just noticed I switch between saying "Air" element and "Wind." They're the same.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Defying God (Fantasy with an impressive Magic System!) Empty Re: Defying God (Fantasy with an impressive Magic System!)

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Sounds interesting enough. Count me in.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm... intrigued, but I'd want to know more about the plot before committing. I mean, I'd assume more of this would be answered in the OOC, but I'm left with a couple main questions. Namely:

Who is this "Alurane?"

Since I'm assuming he/she's your character (and just going off the RP title) is there any actual choice between the demons and the gods, or is it basically assumed we're siding with demons?

Also, are you aware of the similarity between your name and Hermes' signature? Razz
IConsumedMyWings = Eating My Wings. In case anyone didn't get that. >.>
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:04 am

Yes, yes I am aware. And Alurane and the mysteries (plus two more intricacies of the magic system) will be answered in the OOC.

All I can say for now, is that magic isn't simply something your character uses, its something with a life of its own, and Alurane is an anomaly.

BUT, there is a choice between Gods and Demons.

I can break down the benefits of each really quickly:

GODS
- Blessings are rare, but are very VERY powerful.
- Guidance is nonexistent, you're on your own.
- No direct interference for good or worse.
- More affinity for Light magics.

DEMONS
- Blessings are common as candy, but are never as strong as a God's blessing
- Guidance is common, but never quite trustworthy. ("Oh yes, this corridor is safe... *Explosion*")
- Direct influence is common. Do well, get praised. Disobey, get hurt or hindered.
- More affinity for Dark magics.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:05 pm

Count me in. I am most definately interested.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Okay. An OOC with this info, the starting town, and two secretive facts about magic will be going up soon.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Color me interested.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:50 pm

There's already an OOC and IC, Lumeus. I'd hop on over to the other thread if I were you.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Ah, sorry.

OOC: Right meah.

IC: Raiiiight meahhh!
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down