FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon RP (Title Pending) {ACCEPTING AGAIN!}

+4
Lara
Psychotic Felix
Seer
vitamin_kitten
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dragon RP (Title Pending) {ACCEPTING AGAIN!} Empty Dragon RP (Title Pending) {ACCEPTING AGAIN!}

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:58 pm

IC Thread
Dragons, Dragon Legends, and Dragon Bonding
Magic
Who's who

There exists a world where magic is an accepted element. It is rare and special, and only those deemed pure-hearted with good intentions are granted the ability to manipulate this world- in this universe, magic is a gift of the Dragons.

For as long as anyone can remember, it has always been this way. No written or spoken history speaks of a time when Dragons did not grant human beings the ability to use magic. The belief is as old as the Dragons themselves and no one would think to seek out magic from any other source but the Dragons.

But recently there have been whispers and rumors. People are showing up with the ability to use magic who have never even seen a Dragon outside of a book. Not only can they manipulate fire and water, heal and transform as those who are Bonded to the Dragons can, but their magic is more specific, and oftentimes, more dangerous. The Dragons are creatures who are not only inherently wise, but also inherently good, whose magics focus on some universal benefit- water to help things grow, fire to clean away negative and destructive forces, transformation to move things along their natural courses, and healing to mend the broken. But un-Bonded humans who have discovered magic on their own have accessed forces that not only create and heal and clean as the Dragons' magics do, but also destroy and kill.

Magic is no longer controlled and granted by the Dragons, who always saw to gift it to those they knew would use it well. Magic has fallen into the hands of those who are more likely to abuse it, and that which encouraged humans to seek good has become unbalanced- a pure heart is no longer necessary for magic.

This is the universe that this RP will take place in. I have a vague idea for some story-moving plot that I'll introduce later on, but nothing solid, nothing set in stone- it is up to you guys to make this interesting. The world is a medieval setting with minimal advanced technology (there is no electricity, no cars, no guns, etc.). I have not named the cities or countries- I think it'll be interesting to see what you all come up with.

For the types and descriptions of Dragons, please see below. Any magic, named below or not, is free for a human to learn on their own (and how this is done will be clearer if I get to an introductory IC post). If you have questions about what kinds of magic is available, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by vitamin_kitten on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:36 am; edited 10 times in total
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Dragon RP (Title Pending) {ACCEPTING AGAIN!} Empty Dragons, Dragon Legends, and Dragon Bonding

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Fire Dragons
Fire Dragons are the most common, and live in various geographical areas on the land, but are most found in warmer climate valleys or piedmont areas. They have the ability to fly and breathe fire. They are often thought to be the most ferocious species of Dragon, due to their ability to breathe fire, and their territorial nature. They are often Bonded to people with equally volatile temperaments (though these individuals aren't necessarily inherently angry or mischievous). Fire Dragons, when they are Bonded to a human, grant manipulation of fire magic. Fire can be created, extinguished, and controlled by an individual who is Bonded to a Fire Dragon.

Physical description Fire Dragons are generally monochromatic in their coloring- usually a pearl or smokey gray, sometimes charcoal. They are about three times the size of a large bull elephant, and are about 100 feet long from the tip of the horned snouts to the tips of their thin tails. Enormous wings protrude from between their shoulders. Their spines are ridged with blunt spikes that end about halfway down the tail. Their teeth are visible over their long lower jaws. Their golden eyes are surrounded by a bumpy crest that is somewhat melded on the crown of the head with curved, backward-sweeping horns. Their hides are very thick to protect against burns.

Water Dragons
Water Dragons are the second most commonly found Dragon in this universe. As their name suggests, they live in the water, and unlike other Dragons, cannot fly. Unlike the Fire Dragons, the Water Dragons possess a much calmer nature, though they are anything but tame. They are more likely to question another's presence in their territory than they are to attack without question, though, if they feel threatened, they will become vicious in self-defense. Water Dragons are drawn to introspective individuals more than anything, and grant their Bonded manipulation of water magic. Water cannot be summoned or vanished as fire can with fire magic, but it can be gathered or scattered (that is to say, moisture can be pulled from surrounding objects and gathered into one place, or simply for the sake of making something very dry), frozen or melted, and manipulated in creative ways when used in conjunction with fire magic (evaporated and controlled, etc.).

Physical description Water Dragons' bodies are most like an eel's: long and streamlined for moving agilely through water. They do not have wings because they do not fly. Instead of four legs, they have two powerful front arms with webbed claws that they use for capturing prey and for hoisting themselves up on land (they are slightly amphibious, like alligators or crocodiles). Their snouts are blunt, similar to an eel's, and their eyes are deep black with a protective clear eyelid that gives the appearance that they never blink. They have four back-swept horns on the tops of their heads, two that are very long placed directly behind two very short protrusions. Short, serrated teeth poke out from their top lips and over their lower jaws. Water Dragons are found in shades of beige and tan, and light gray or light blue, depending on the water source, and vary in length between 80 and 150 feet from tip to tip.

Sun Dragons
Sun Dragons are one of the two rarest types of Dragon, but are scattered throughout the world (they can live in mountains or valleys, forests). They are said to have been born out of the Sun itself, and gifted with powerful healing magic. Unlike the previously mentioned species of Dragon, Sun Dragons are comprised entirely of males. They are strong and fiercely proud, and often Bond themselves to similar humans (males or females). They gift their humans with healing magic that can be used on living organisms only, to fix injuries or wounds, or ease the suffering associated with illness (it has been said that on occasion a Sun Dragon himself has cured a human of a terminal illness). There are some that believe Sun Dragon magic is slightly creative, in that it creates new living material in the place of damaged or missing living material. For this reason, women often seek out Sun Dragons to help with reproductive issues.

Physical description Contrary to what may be intuitive about colors associated with the sun, Sun Dragons are not white or gold or orange. Sun Dragons are a deep, earthy brown, almost black. They stand with a confident posture, often with their wings held up and partly opened, their heads held high on serpentine necks. They have a crown of horns tilting backward on the tops of their heads, giving them a more kingly appearance. Their tails are smooth except for the very end, where a scaled fin splits in two at the tip. Whereas the other Dragons have a row of teeth visible from the upper lips, Sun Dragons' teeth are hidden, except for two long fangs at the very end of their mouths. Sun Dragons are about 150 feet in length from tip to tip.

Moon Dragons
Moon Dragons are as rare as Sun Dragons, and similar to the Sun Dragons, are comprised of a single sex: female. Moon Dragons are an interesting species, because they are as territorial as the Fire Dragons, but as introspective, and can appear as tame, as the Water Dragons. They are wary of humans, and with good reason: they bear the young of both the Moon and Sun Dragons, and both populations of species depend on the Moon Dragons. Moon Dragons rarely Bond themselves to humans, and there is much speculation as to why this is: some theorize that it's for the sake and safety of their young (it would be too risky to have a human regularly coming around when there was an egg nearby); others theorize that it's because humans rarely meet the high standards a Moon Dragon looks for in a human being on whom they wish to bestow their powers. Moon Dragons grant transformative magic, which can be considered more powerful than the other three, as it can be used to change something into another thing. Those with a greedy heart often envy those blessed enough to be Bonded to a Moon Dragon, for there is nothing they'd like more than to be able to change all of their possessions into rich valuables or treasures. Moon Dragons are often sought after by women who are pregnant, sometimes the same women who have sought out (and possibly found) a Sun Dragon, in order to have the transformative protection of the mother of both the Sun and Moon Dragons, and the granter of transformative magic. Moon Dragons are the symbol of spiritual transformation, and are located wherever Sun Dragons are found.

Physical description Moon Dragons are slightly smaller than their male counterparts, but otherwise have the same appearance, but in a pale blue-gray.

Moon Dragon legend
There is a belief among some that Moon Dragons possess the ability to take on a human form, by virtue of their gift of transformative magic alone. Part of the legend claims that if a Moon Dragon has a particularly strong Bond with a human male, she will take on a human form and become his wife, but that once their marriage has been consummated, he becomes a Sun Dragon, and she reverts to her natural form. There are two variations of this, however: a Moon Dragon cannot revert back to her Dragon form until she conceives and delivers a half-Dragon offspring in her human form; or a Moon Dragon will become pregnant, and lay an egg that hatches a Moon Dragon (this is part of the origin legend of the Moon Dragon: that a Sun Dragon fell in love with his Bonded human, and through his healing her barrenness, she conceived a daughter who, because of the Sun Dragon's healing, was half-Dragon: the Mother of all Moon Dragons).

To date, no one has been able to confirm that Moon Dragons take on a human form.

Bonding
Bonding with a Dragon is not an immediate, spontaneous occurrence; it is a time-consuming process that requires commitment and trust on both sides. Generally, a human can tell when a Dragon is beginning to Bond with them as they find themselves able to magically (literally) do things they were not capable of before. It is often not something the Dragon explicitly states, though they are aware of what is occurring. Little by little, they allow their abilities to pass on to their Bonded human, and this can sometimes take years. A person is considered completely Bonded when they can completely use the magic the Dragon has given them, and at the strength that the Dragon itself can.

Last edited by vitamin_kitten on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:52 am; edited 8 times in total
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Dragon RP (Title Pending) {ACCEPTING AGAIN!} Empty Magic

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Elemental magic
There is every type of elemental magic available to human beings willing to seek it out, including what can be given by the Dragons. Fire, water, air, earth, and even some magic associated with light and metal can be used by people.

Healing and Necromantic magic
Healing magic is also available for humans to learn to use without the aid of the Dragons, but it is a powerful force that takes dedication to learn to manipulate properly, and those who are lucky enough to have been given healing magic by a Sun Dragon are said to be able to heal death (this has not been proven). There are darker types of magic as well though, not given by the Dragons. Necromancy, in this universe, is still in its infancy, as it is a feared type of magic (for obvious reasons).

Transformative magic
For some reason, in spite of the possibility that one could learn to use transformative magic without being given it by a Dragon, its power is not as strong as it would be if controlled by a Bonded person. Transformative magic differs from healing magic in that it can be used to change something that isn't necessarily broken; not only that, but healing magic is limited to living tissue (plants and animals (including humans)). Transformative magic can be used to change a living thing into a non-living thing or vice versa, or change one living thing into another, or a non-living thing into another non-living thing. Transformative magic is strongest when used on oneself (this goes for both learned and Bonded magic-users), but strongest when a Bonded magic-user uses transformative magic on oneself.

Mind magic
Mind magic is any magic used to alter a person's perception of something, either through illusions or changing a person's ability to perceive. It also covers any magic dealing with clairvoyance or prophecy (though many argue that clairvoyance and prophecy are not aspects of magic, if they are dependable practices at all, and that they are abilities given at birth or conception that must be nurtured rather than learned). Mind magic does not include telepathy, which is strictly limited between Dragons and their Bonded humans.

Creation/summoning magic
This is a magic not yet mastered by anyone, though people are beginning to try. It implies the ability to create something entirely out of nothing, or summoning something from some parallel place or dimension.
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Dragon RP (Title Pending) {ACCEPTING AGAIN!} Empty Who's who

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:50 pm

vitamin_kitten
Syera - Fire Bonded

Igraine

The Literate Angel

As the RP progresses, this section will be updated to incorporate the names and details of everyone's characters (basically, I'll be writing up people's profiles to include relevant and important information for the RP. Also, with such a limited amount of people, I will likely allow for more than one character per person (Dragons don't really count as characters, so you may have another character on top of your Bonded human and their Dragon).

Last edited by vitamin_kitten on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:36 am; edited 6 times in total
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Dragon RP (Title Pending) {ACCEPTING AGAIN!} Empty Re: Dragon RP (Title Pending) {ACCEPTING AGAIN!}

Post by Seer Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Hello. I wouldn't mind joining and possibly be a moon dragon?
Seer
Seer
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://pathlesstraveled.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Dragon RP (Title Pending) {ACCEPTING AGAIN!} Empty Re: Dragon RP (Title Pending) {ACCEPTING AGAIN!}

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Hmm, I hadn't even thought that people would just want to be the Dragons- the Dragons are kind of part of the package for anyone who wants to be Bonded with one and have a character that uses magic given by a Dragon.

The Dragons spend their time in the wild and wouldn't have very much interaction with other people in all likelihood. You can have a Bonded magic-user and a Moon Dragon character. Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Seer Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Okay ^^ That works for me. Mind if I make them a couple? I read earlier in the legend, and thought to make it true. That is if you wish of course.
Seer
Seer
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://pathlesstraveled.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:18 pm

That I'm waiting to do something with. The Bond between a Dragon and their human is quite strong, and can often border on the "romantic," but for now, I'd like to keep the mystery of the Moon Dragons a mystery still.
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Felix Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:29 pm

i really like the idea of the Rp. it shows alot of endless limits and i think i could go far, i too would like a character that is bonded with a moon dragon. i already have a back ground idea about how my character would become bonded with the dragon and why he would be chosen for such a rare in the world.
Psychotic Felix
Psychotic Felix
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Okies. Sounds good to me. Nod Yay! You got the last spot. Very Happy
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Hmm... So we've got two characters that revolve around Moon Dragons... -ponders even harder about what kind of character she wants-
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Felix Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 pm

=o phew! yay! im just letting you know im only going to be here till the 20th so if you dont want me in because of that i understand. or we could just end my character when i have to leave in some artistic way. ^^
Psychotic Felix
Psychotic Felix
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Oh ... you mean ... permanently you'd be gone after the 20? :/
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Is there any possible way of joining this or have you already filled your desired spots? I was thinking of playing a villain of sorts.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Felix Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm

No not permanently, ill be gone until Christmas time, but then ill only be home for 2 weeks until i leave again till May... I'm a missionary. >. >;

If you wish i can give up my spot for The Literate Angel
Psychotic Felix
Psychotic Felix
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:49 pm

There may be one spot left- I'm waiting on a reply from someone to see if they're going to be in the RP for longer than a few weeks. If they drop out, you can have their spot.

@Psychotic Felix: Oh. Well, I'd prefer someone who will be around for the entirety of the RP. :/ Sorry.

@TLA: You can have a spot. Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Felix Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Hey don't worry about it ^^ enjoy the rp hopefully i can join others when i get back in May
Psychotic Felix
Psychotic Felix
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Thank you very much. And Psycho that's amazing that your a missionary. I just recently gave myself to Christ so I hope you have a good time on your trip. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Kitten, do you have any idea how someone would manage to even attempt trying to summon things?

I'm thinking of two different angles for characters right now. One's a healer, but it almost feels like I've got too many characters like that right now... And the other's a guy attempting to learn the summoning technique.

If I can't flesh out either of these ideas, I might be at a loss again.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:50 pm

I do have some vague idea of how it would work. I can PM you about it if you like. Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:30 pm

That'd be great, Kitten. The summoning idea is fleshing out a lot more in my head than anything else I've been able to come up with.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:30 pm

Okay. Smile
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:54 am

Okay, the first IC post can be found here, and I edited some information about Bonding into the post about Dragons; you can scroll up to find it, or click on the Dragons, Dragon Legends, and Dragon Bonding link in the first OOC post. Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Just wanted to be sure everyone was aware of the time in the RP right now- specifically is is very early morning. TLA, I was reading your post, and I just wanted to be sure you knew that. Smile You might have to alter your post a little to reflect this, unless they're in a different time region (which I don't think is impossible for this world Nod).
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:24 pm

I edited my post to better fit the time frame that you said it was. Thanks for the clarification. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanks, and not a problem. Smile
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:37 am

Well, two people have dropped out, so there are two new open slots available for whoever would like to join the RP. Sign up fast!
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tykrieg Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:59 pm

I'll join. Just arrived here, but I'm pretty sure a Red Dragon and his bonded rider would fit right into your Roleplay Smile
Tykrieg
Tykrieg
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Well, there are no red dragons, and people don't generally ride them. So you might want to familiarize yourself with the Dragons of this universe before jumping in. Nod
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next