FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defying the Gods OOC

+3
Chainlinc3
Crazy Hobo
IConsumedMyWings
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Defying the Gods OOC Empty Defying the Gods OOC

Post by IConsumedMyWings Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Magrea is a forgotten planet. Shunned by the Gods that once created it, it is a place where magic rules, and technology follows. The Gods have turned their backs, except for those who are still interested. There are astral deities and demons that want to see if Magrea will burn itself out or not.

The Gods, they want Magrea to burn for its insolence, for its crimes.

The Demons, they want Magrea to live, so they can harvest the souls...

What do you do? Do you side with the Gods that will kill you outright, or side with the Demons, who will knife you in the back later?

Alurane chose the Demons, and now he must defy his Gods.

_________MAGIC________________

Magic is a MASSIVE part of this RP.

There is one system, but it is very flexible.

Here is the basic skeleton:

Two Primals: Dark and Light

Four Elements: Earth, Fire, Water, Air.

Four "Phases": Life, Death, Nature, Tech.

You choose one of each, and combine them. So, a Light Fire with a Death Phase is person whose element shows itself as a very bright flash of light, something that incinerates quickly and instantaneously. I will go into the "Phases" in depth below.

PHASES:

Life: Anything that can be considered Godly or Holy. Bright, normally depicted as white. Represents more order. A CREATIVE/HEALING side, if paired with water or earth. A storm (lightning) if paired with Air. A flare (star) OR a Torch (permanent light) are examples of a Life Fire.

Death: Destructive, dangerous. Unholy, Demonic. Represents Chaoticness. A DAMAGING/DESTRUCTIVE PHASE for ALL elements. A Death Fire is ash/smog, a Death Water is ice or Hurricane, a Death Earth is metal, Death Wind is a Maelstrom.

Nature: Truly wild, the hardest Phase to control. It applies parts of Life and Death, but is much harder to aim/control. Nature Fire is a wildfire, Nature Earth is forests, etc. Nature Wind is storms in all their aspects, Nature Water is oceans/rivers. These can harm OR heal.

Tech: Applied Phase, artificially created. Technically, it is weaker, due to less flexibility, but it is highly accurate and easy for anyone of any age to use. Tech Fire is gunpowder, Tech Wind is a turbine, Tech Water is a cooling system or water cannon. Tech Earth is armor or other things made from earthen elements.

THE PRIMALS:

The Primals are influences over both your character's temperament and their magic style. Now, they're not set in stone, but they can change a lot. Pair Light or Dark with any of the mentioned combinations above, and it changes it. How? You'll have to decide if Light Fire with a Nature Phase, or something that appeals more to "light" or something else fiery in nature.

How a Combination Should Work:
1. Think about what ELEMENT you want first. If you want lightning, think of what combination you'd have to do. I'd suggest Death Air with Light.
2. CHOOSE YOUR ELEMENT, then decide what Primal you want. This will let you know what type (generally) of a character you have, and what you really want him to do.
3. CHOOSE A PHASE. This is last, because it defines it the most. Dark Fire can be a lot of things, but Dark Fire with a Tech Phase is limited to plasma weaponry and such.
4. COME UP WITH ATTACKS AND MOVES TO DECIDE IF YOU LIKE YOUR COMBINATION. In the RP, I will allow to switch your Phase or Primal TWICE. Now, this can be storyline related, or it can be a RetCon ("Oh, no. John was ALWAYS a Dark Fire with a Death Phase."). I will NOT, however, allow you to switch your Element (because that's physically impossible in the RP, and storyline couldn't justify it. Plus people might use it to cheat).

ADDITIONAL SECRETS TO MAGIC

There are two hidden secrets to magic, ones that most Magreans don't know.

The first, magic isn't an energy. It's a consciousness. It works within you, with you, or against you to ensure its survival and yours. Say you're threatened, but you don't use magic. The magic in you will lash out using itself without your permission. Or it will make you dive out of the way instead of holding still. Those who know that this magic is conscious are among its top users, ones who can communicate with it and do wondrous things. Each magic is an individual, like us. So no two magics, even if they are the same type (For example, two Light Fires with Life Phases) won't act the same way always.

The other? There are such things as "Purities". These are either a Primal, an Element, or a Phase that is just like the name suggests, not mixed with any other. So yes, it is possible to have a Pure Fire alignment, or a Pure Tech, or a Pure Dark, Pure Death, Pure Life, etc. These used to be rare and hard to find, but as Magrea senses its own end, these rare and powerful magics are cropping up more and more often within people.

ALIGNMENTS
GODS
- Blessings are rare, but are very VERY powerful.
- Guidance is nonexistent, you're on your own.
- No direct interference for good or worse.
- More affinity for Light magics.

DEMONS
- Blessings are common as candy, but are never as strong as a God's blessing
- Guidance is common, but never quite trustworthy. ("Oh yes, this corridor is safe... *Explosion*")
- Direct influence is common. Do well, get praised. Disobey, get hurt or hindered.
- More affinity for Dark magics.

CHARACTER SHEETS

I don't like CS's too much. Just give me a name, what side you're on, and your Primal/Element/Phase please.

ALURANE

Alurane, my main character, is the Leader Pro Tempore of the Demon brigade. He works alone mostly, or with a small brigade of his favorites. He is a Pure Death magic user, one whose magic is strong enough to overpower him several times per fight.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Defying the Gods OOC Empty Re: Defying the Gods OOC

Post by Crazy Hobo Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Kara Warren, allied with the gods, Light/Fire/Nature.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Accepted. Of course.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:56 am

Eli McFaust, allied with the gods, Nature purity if you'd let me. Otherwise Dark/Nature/Air.

Edit:
I'm gonna be cool like Hermes and give a pic. You know, cuz I'm a follower like that.
Defying the Gods OOC AnimeMaleMage

Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Ehehehe. McFaust. Is your soul now fast food for Satan?

Accepted.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Kelsone (Kel)
(Female)
Allied with the Demons (Rawr)
Light / Water / Nature
Smile
Raven
Raven
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:58 pm

Accepted. Now we have even sides, and I'll put up an IC tomorrow or so.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Name: Katair
Alignment: Gods
Magic: Light/Air/Tech
Defying the Gods OOC Katair10
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Accepted also. I'm working on the IC's opening post.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Two main things:
Who are the other people? Are we to assume they are the god-following characters?

Also, my initial idea for Eli had him being kinda-sorta exceedingly powerful, quite insane, and just as likely to injure his friend as his foe when he uses more than a modicum of power. Then I realized that this could easily be construed as over-powered as hell, so I wanted to make sure it was ok by you.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:19 pm

As I have planned, this opening scene will be like a "Tutorial" for an RPG, it introduces the basics against a seemingly insurmountable foe.

Eli is alright with a load of power, but make sure its wild. Remember, forcing your magic's persona to do your bidding is tiring, but letting it run wild uses little of your own energy, but is very reckless.

BTW, Alurane will seem exceedingly powerful for now, but that's to show you how fighting normally works in this world, and to show his Death Magic side is very, VERY unstable.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Will do. But I still need to know; are we supposed to assume that the other people are the god-followers? aka- Should I (and the other god-sided RPers) work our characters into that group, or are you planning for them to be NPCs and the god-followers should start somewhere else?
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Hm, well that is up to you. It changes the storyline only slightly if you want to use NPCs (That are still controlled by you, with any element mix-up you wish) or your actual characters. Either way, the Gods-Followers would be fighting Alurane.

I WILL warn you, if you use NPCs, they probably won't survive.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:50 pm

What happens if you side your character with neither the Gods nor Demons?
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:55 pm

I am horribly late, not as usual. My mind seemed to have exploded, but I just picked up all the pieces and I am all set. I hope I am not too late?

Arthur 'Arty'
Demons
Dark/Water/Death

Defying the Gods OOC Images10

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Lumeus

If you choose to side your character with neither the Gods nor Demons, you'll probably be left out of a major deal of the plot (because important bits happen where only members of one faction or another can cross boundaries) but after a certain plot point, you'd be just fine. So if you want to sit on the sidelines for a while (about 6 to 9 pages, methinks) then be my guest.

Dax

It is perfectly fine to have you with us, exploded brain matter and all!
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Do I just post at my leisure then, or...?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:29 pm

Yes, post whenever. There is no set system of posting, or an order. When it strikes you, post.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:46 pm

>.<
I've just realized the issue with having uncontrollable powers. Namely, I can't really fight while anyone I don't want to risk hurting/inconveniencing is present.
Ah, well. I'll try and work something in sooner or later, since the God-followers are on a roll! Razz
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Aeron
"Pledged" to the Gods
Pure Air
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:15 am

Image for Kelsone. She will be using daggers though.. but not so many throwing daggers.
Defying the Gods OOC Ppp1011
Raven
Raven
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:29 pm

All accepted/confirmed. Lezz do dis!
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:56 pm

Not to start this off with a complaint, but isn't Kelsone a Water element? Where did the plants/"earth's defenses" come from?
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Light / Water / Nature

I didn't mean directly to Earth, but the nature...
I could possibly have the idea of Nature wrong then, if so we'll just continue and I will change my perspective of its powers.
Raven
Raven
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Nature and Water would apply to water IN nature, not plants and such that are affected by water.

Since we're still learning, and this first fight/scene/chapter is for playing with elements and combinations, I'll let it slide. I mean, we're all learning, right?

But be warned, it will get harder later, and if you misjudge an opponent later, you could end up dead, or worse. I'm not the GM who will kill off people left and right, but I won't allow constant timeskipping to heal over grievous wounds either. Either you get help, help yourself, or you die, kay?

Also, sorry for this infodump of a post, but on Purities, you can use combinations of EVERYTHING but what's in your Purity section. As in, Pure Fire can't use a Fire and Air combo, Pure Tech can't use Tech and Death, or Tech and Nature...

Unless someone else is there, and they "combo" or whatever. I'm very lenient on the magic system. Two people can cast magics together to be twice as big, or combine things that normally couldn't exist (A Pure Light and Pure Dark pairing up seems quite epic in my mind's eye). The only limiting factor is... Your imagination.

Wanna do a three-way cast? Sure. Wanna use a spell someone's summoned against them? Chain's already done that quite effectively. I'm quite impressed with everyone's grasp on the magic already, so be sure to branch out and surprise me with something I never thought of!
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Erm... Eli's natural response to a challenge from someone who's taunting him to the extent Alurane has would be to go... you know, thermonuclear and all that stuff. Sure, he's built up a bit of a calm center to keep himself from being QUITE as dangerous to his friends, but he's still fundamentally "broken" in the way his mind works.

I mean, I'd love to engage in a non-super-destructive battle, but I just can't feel justified in Eli having the degree of power he does while still having any more control than a fire hydrant.
>.>
Anyway, I guess I just wanted to clear it with you before I started the fireworks...
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Then... if there is a river, would I be able to use the water from the river. Or the air? or could I only draw water from pure sources (Rivers) and only Plants and what not?

I was thinking like.. getting water from the air, and such. But I think .. pulling it from the ground would be just as effective. Im not sure.

And so.. Water would be my main source of attacking, and Nature is where I could draw it from? Im a little confused. Sorry. XD
Raven
Raven
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Water is your element, and Nature is how it is personified when you release it. So, Natural Water, you could release it in a sudden concussive blast like a river, summon a giant slab like a glacier, box someone in a massive cube of salt water, etc.

Really, the Phase is how your element reacts when it's released. Understand more?

To Chainlinc3:

I understand, I just wanted to show you guys a bit of what you could do with an active imagination. I'll bring the Deus (Or Demomus) Ex Machina soon.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:41 pm

Erm...
Chainlinc3 wrote:Anyway, I guess I just wanted to clear it with you before I started the fireworks...
I'm a little confused as to if you gave me an okay or nokay... >.>
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:14 pm

If you want fireworks going off, sure, but it'll be a few posts before the Demons come and do something to change teh storyline.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next