FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Magic and Machines

2 posters

Go down

Of Magic and Machines Empty Of Magic and Machines

Post by Game Over1375 Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 pm

I have been wanting to do a role-play like this for a while now, but I have never had the time to do it. That is different now. I have plenty of time, and this site will be the perfect place for it.

This role-play is set on a different world in a different time. Magic has dominated this world for a long time now, being the only way of life for all of the people. This all changed one day when a man known as Ferrum Calybias invented this world's first computer. It was simple, allowing the user to only type out letters and solve equations. Ferrum eventually invented programs for this machine, allowing it to do what we see on our computers today. It wasn't long before more and more people started using these things. The computers eventually integrated themselves into people's lives, living alongside magic. Then Ferrum figured out something else he could do with the computers...

He programed them to be able to think on their on, but the only thing they would want to do would be to kill. He made bodies from the strongest of metals, and for the brain, he would put a computer in their heads. He made the ultimate killing machine. A warrior that couldn't tire. A warrior that didn't need to breathe. A warrior that didn't need to eat. A warrior that didn't need to sleep. The worst of all though was probably the one thing that truly made everyone fear them.

Spells that destroyed humans merely scratched them...

With a squad of fifty computer soldiers, Ferrum took over the largest country of world known as Veneficus in one night. None of the mage knights of the Empress stood a chance, and the leader's head was cut off before all of her people. Ferrum had become Emperor of Veneficus. Having taken control of Veneficus, he set laws that banned the use of all magic, forcing the people to change their lives.

The kingdom of Airoc quickly took notice of this and set up armies of the finest mages to take control of Veneficus. They thought they had sheer numbers on their side, having thousands of mages that were known to be able to destroy millions of people. Unfortunately for them, Ferrum had many of the people of Veneficus help him make more soldiers until he had ten thousand unstoppable machines. To say the least, the mages of Airoc were destroyed in no time flat, allowing Ferrum to take over airoc as well. Now with two of the world's strongest nations under his control, Ferrum sets out to take over the world and get rid of magic once and for all. This leads the last three countries of the world to brace themselves and try to find a way to destroy Ferrum's army.

Basically, you join either Ferrum and his machines, or the the three countries known as Narun, Uin, and Xari and the forces of magic. If you join the machines, you can't use magic. If you join the mages, you can't use machines.

There are more rules posted in the IC of this post. Check it out if you are interested.

Sign-up Sheet Example (I'll use my character as an example.)

Name: Xarel Dracois Stevenson
Side: Magic
Job: General of Uin (Ask me for a job for whatever side you choose!)
Magic: General Xarel is skilled in offensive magic, but he is a master of healing magic.. He knows Light, Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind magic, making him a truly deadly foe with the ability to bring back hundreds of soldiers from the dead. He knows the mightiest of all healing magic, which is known as Savior's Hand. The spell can heal any wounded man in a radius of a hundred miles. It can also bring back the dead if the dead were people of the light. He also weilds Heaven's Light, the Almighty Light Spell.
Personality: Kind and gentleness are two words that describe General Xarel very well. He is known throughout the kingdom to be very quiet, but willing to help any countryman in need of muscle or brains. In the Uin military, he is known for his strategic manuvers and his mighty mastery of magic. He is also a good swordsman, weilding a completely black Souba, which is a double-bladed katana. His loyalty and trust lie only with the kingdom of Uin, and no one else.
Apperance: Xarel is not a small man. He stands at 6'5 and weighs 285 pounds of lean muscle. His silver hair is a site to behold. He always has it down, on and off the battlefield, adn its length is four feet long. His hazel eyes shine on his lightly-tanned skin.
Off the battlefield, Xarel lives the good life. He is alwasy seen wearing clothes of royalty, like robes of silver and gold with black boots, but he is never afraid to get them dirty when helping fellow countrymen. In battle, he wears a suit of armor that is truly remarkable. The torso is ordained with silver and gold chains, and under it is a black chest plate made out of steel and platinum. The shoulders are black with silver and gold markings on them. The leg armor is fairly simple, being completely black with silver and gold markings like his shoulders.
Weapon: A black Souba which has been rumored to be able to slice through any metal.
History: Growing up in Uin was a fine life for Xarel. He was born into a wealthy family that had ties with the royal family. He grew up mostly in a boarding school, where he learned how to be a soldier. He excelled at every course he took, immediately showing he was gonna be somebody. That moment came when he just graduated at eighteen years old. He went into battle against the machines and destroyed more than half of the army with one spell. It became known quickly that the spell was Heaven's Light, the Almighty spell of Light. The next that happened was a miracle unto itself. He casted Savior's Hand, the best healing spell ever, reviving most of the Uin soldiers. After the battle, he was immediately promoted to General of Uin, and has remained there for five years.
Game Over1375
Game Over1375
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Of Magic and Machines Empty Re: Of Magic and Machines

Post by Magix Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:26 pm

I'll get the CS up for the dark mage general of Narun later today or early tomorow.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Of Magic and Machines Empty Re: Of Magic and Machines

Post by Magix Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:53 am

Should I even put up a cs? It seems like noones interested Sad
Magix
Magix
Shadow