FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Magic and Machines

5 posters

Go down

Of Magic and Machines Empty Of Magic and Machines

Post by Game Over1375 Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:04 pm

I have been wanting to do a role-play like this for a while now, but I have never had the time to do it. That is different now. I have plenty of time, and this site will be the perfect place for it.

This role-play is set on a different world in a different time. Magic has dominated this world for a long time now, being the only way of life for all of the people. This all changed one day when a man known as Ferrum Calybias invented this world's first computer. It was simple, allowing the user to only type out letters and solve equations. Ferrum eventually invented programs for this machine, allowing it to do what we see on our computers today. It wasn't long before more and more people started using these things. The computers eventually integrated themselves into people's lives, living alongside magic. Then Ferrum figured out something else he could do with the computers...

He programed them to be able to think on their on, but the only thing they would want to do would be to kill. He made bodies from the strongest of metals, and for the brain, he would put a computer in their heads. He made the ultimate killing machine. A warrior that couldn't tire. A warrior that didn't need to breathe. A warrior that didn't need to eat. A warrior that didn't need to sleep. The worst of all though was probably the one thing that truly made everyone fear them.

Spells that destroyed humans merely scratched them...

With a squad of fifty computer soldiers, Ferrum took over the largest country of world known as Veneficus in one night. None of the mage knights of the Empress stood a chance, and the leader's head was cut off before all of her people. Ferrum had become Emperor of Veneficus. Having taken control of Veneficus, he set laws that banned the use of all magic, forcing the people to change their lives.

The kingdom of Airoc quickly took notice of this and set up armies of the finest mages to take control of Veneficus. They thought they had sheer numbers on their side, having thousands of mages that were known to be able to destroy millions of people. Unfortunately for them, Ferrum had many of the people of Veneficus help him make more soldiers until he had ten thousand unstoppable machines. To say the least, the mages of Airoc were destroyed in no time flat, allowing Ferrum to take over airoc as well. Now with two of the world's strongest nations under his control, Ferrum sets out to take over the world and get rid of magic once and for all. This leads the last three countries of the world to brace themselves and try to find a way to destroy Ferrum's army.

Basically, you join either Ferrum and his machines, or the the three countries known as Narun, Uin, and Xari and the forces of magic. If you join the machines, you can't use magic. If you join the mages, you can't use machines.

Who is interested?

Last edited by Game Over1375 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I had to finish it!)
Game Over1375
Game Over1375
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Of Magic and Machines Empty Re: Of Magic and Machines

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:28 pm

Cool idea

Back to top Go down

Of Magic and Machines Empty Interested

Post by Magix Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:23 am

I'd be interested to join as a mage.

If this idea does pan out, I'd appreciate it if you went into more detail regarding what magic can be used an whatnot. Perhaps even seperating different types of magic praticed between the different countries.

In any case though, I'd join.

Ninja Fight
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Di Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Wait, the machines are magic-proof? Or is it that there's a "elite" version of these soldiers?

Para Di
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:58 pm

I may be interested in this, but I have a couple of questions.

I am thinking about joining with the machines, but I am not quite sure what the range of technology is. Is this a ultra futuristic setting, with cyborgs and plasma guns, or is it more of a steampunkian style, with clockwork machines and more modern or even older weaponry? Also, in addition to machines, are there humans that make up the military of Veneficus and Airoc? I would also like to know about the political state of the two countries, as well as the condition of public opinion about Ferrums coup d'etate. Are they the willing supporters of a machine run society, or are they rebellious and want the return of the old monarchy back?

I am also curious about the state of affairs within the magic run countries as well, and the nature of their military strength and organization. One must know his enemy.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Over1375 Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:00 am

Holy **** on a ****ing sandwich with **** on top and a side of ****!

I leave for a few days, and people start replying! Sweet!

If you join the machines, you will be known as a repairer. Your job will be to repair the machines and kill any mages who try to interfere with your repairments. The machines are a mixture of furturistic and modern technology, being run on steam and electricity. The weaponry for machines involves four weapons: the Gravity Hammer, which only the elite machines can use, the lightning sword, which is a sword that can shoot electricity from a long range, the gatling gun, which is your basic gatling gun, nothing special, and the final weapon is called the "Mage Destroyer." Only the elite of the elites can use these bad boys, which creates a field that kills all magic-users. Thankfully, there are only three known to exist.

The military of Veneficus and Airoc are being run on a dictatorship right now, but they are actually living very well. The factories making the machines pay the men who work there well.

I will explain more later. PEACE!
Game Over1375
Game Over1375
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:27 pm

I would soo be interested in joining.

However, I would like to know if there is a difference between the magics used between the three remaining mage countries.

Also, for the million dollar question.... How in the world are the mages supposed to win? This story looks pretty much in the robots fate. I am usually the one rooting for the underdog (Gotta love a dude that can shoot stuff from his fingers) but it looks like it is impossible to win.

Smile
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Over1375 Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:43 am

The machines, while they are invincible when WORKING, need daily repairs from people.

Narun, Uin, and Xari all use a mixture of magic, but each of them specialize in one. Uin= healing. Narun= offensive. Xari= status/ illness. You can be a healer and know status magic, but you can't know offensive magic as well. You can specialize in one magic and know spells from another style of magic, but you cannot know all three styles.

Status/ Illness Magic: Magic that can benefit or hamper allies/ enemies. An example of illness magic would be Poisonalis, which slows down movements and brings great pain upon whoever is the target. An example of status magic would be Heat Riser, which makes allies stronger and faster.

Healing Magic: Magic that can heal wounds and illnesses. A good example of this would be Healing Light, a rare but powerful spell that heals all allies. There is even magic that is rumored to revive the dead...

Offensive Magic: Magic able to destroy enemies. This magic focuses upon six elements: earth, fire, wind, water, light, and dark. Earth Mages are weak to wind, and Wind mages are weak to earth. This rule is also the same for fire and water. Fire mages are weak to water, and Water mages are weak to fire. Light and Darkness fall under the same ruling as well, but there have been certain "exceptions" to this rule. These exceptions are known as Almighty Magics because they ignore this rule. There are six Almighty spells known to exist: Incendia's Eruption, Gaia's Power,Ventus's Cyclone , Poseidon's Tsunami, Heaven's Light, and Black Judgement. Heaven's Light and Black Judgement are the most powerful of the Almighty magics. Also know this: Light and Darkness always beat earth, wind, fire, and water.

I will now explain the governments of the four countries. Veneficus and Airoc have been combined into Yalii. Yalii is under dictartorship rule of Ferrum, who is called Emperor. Even though the people miss their old ways, Yalii is living rather nicely, having enough food, money, and jobs to make everyone happy.

Uin's government is a monarchy, having a royal family lead and decide the laws of the country. This country is very wealthy as well, being home to some of the wealthiest people in the world. The ruler of the country is the Holy Queen Jacqueline.

Xari's government is a democracy, being truly run by its people and the people's representatives. There is no nation that is more true to its people. Unfortunately, this country has been running out of food, jobs, and money, forcing its people to move elsewhere. The ruler of this country is Riley Nison, under the title of the People's Representative. (Think USA, without all the corruption)

Narun is a rather strange country. The government is rather primitive, but it is fair. The farmland is rich, and the warriors here are amoung the best mages of the world. The Chief is Yokais Soma, and he is the judge and jury in the most serious of crimes that happen in his country. The five people with him are his advisors, and they each rule a part of Narun, but Yokais Soma rules over all.

By the way, there will be six sign-ups available when this is started.

Last edited by Game Over1375 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Game Over1375
Game Over1375
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Well I still want one of those sign up spots Smile

I'm thinking an Elite Dark Mage of Narun. Possibly even a general of the army or something if that's allowed.

I do still have 2 questions though.
1) Why would the mages even try to fight off an attack if the Machines are completely invulnerable? It would make sense to have them, extremely resiliant twoards magic rather then invincible, no?

2) Being a dark mage, or a fire mage, ect., would they still have access to spells of a different element? For example a Wind mage using a water spell.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Over1375 Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:55 pm

That's it. I'm moving this sucker to OOC!

Anyways, Magix, I will do what you said and make the machines highly resistant to magic. Only the Elite Machines will be completely invunerable. If you are a dark mage, you can know all of the other spells, except light. Same goes with being a light mage, except they can't know dark. If you are mage of the basic elements, you can know two other elements, including light and dark, but you can not know the element you are weak against.
Game Over1375
Game Over1375
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:47 pm

Sounds good to me. Now the OOC must get put up and we can hopefully start soon.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Over1375 Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:14 pm

The OOC is up people! Check the son-of-a-***** out now!
Game Over1375
Game Over1375
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down