FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

+5
Bird of Hermes
Dax
Harper
SpaceWheeler2.0
YenWen
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] - Page 4 Empty Re: Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:22 am

Meanwhile, I'm not exactly sure if I should have Ares cut off his discussion with Nyx to respond to Aphrodite's plea... although his love for her would likely be enough to give him reason. I think at this point, my next post (coming tomorrow evening, I hope) would include him responding by confirming whether Aphrodite was in desperate need at that moment. That would give Aya a chance to either call him to Aphrodite for sure, or decide against it with the current activity. That's assuming I get a post up before Aya... I'll figure it out by the time I'm ready to post, however the RP goes.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] - Page 4 Empty Re: Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

Post by Dax Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:26 am

Whoa sorry, I was watching Shutter Island... and it really played with my mind. If you havent seen that movie, go see it, its crazy.

Anyway, shoot away!

Edit: Just read your post Harper, and I do intend to post. XD I am working on it as of now.

Edit Edit: Space... if Ares responds, things are gonna degenrate real fast... how much fun!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:51 am

In all honesty, for lack of confusion and keeping in character (or from what I've gathered so far), I'd say hold off on immediately answering. After all, Nyx is offering business and possible calamity in war, which is Ares' specialty. She's also chancing to leave, and probably not bring up her offer again. Aphrodite is a goddess herself, and therefore it can be assumed she CAN rescue herself, if she so chose. Aside from the fact that Erebos rid of the men that were the threat.

However, if you DO choose to intervene, I would expect Nyx to follow. Not necessarily tag along, but rather spy. I'd recommend a hidden approach, as a 'chanced stumble' upon the other gods.

But, it's your choice. Whatever you choose, will be followed :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:12 am

And Erebos will only stay as long as it takes him to respond to the others (which can be forever with how long-winded he is). Once he's made his offers he will leave without waiting for an answer. Despite the show he puts on, Erebos is afraid of Zeus and the possible convergence with even more gods.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:28 am

Embarassed

Last edited by Dax on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:28 am

Uh-oh... Um.. Dax, wrong thread XD

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:30 am

Whoa... I'm soo tired...
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:32 am

And, um, Erebos is the primordial god of darkness, making him more of Zeus's... Great Uncle. He's Nyx's brother-husband.

Edit: Wait, I think I read it wrong. Nevermind.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:42 am

But I would like you to read into the Nyx-Zeus myth. It's really interesting and is a little help in me drawing a bit of a persona for Nyx, a better understand of not only her, but the primordial gods themselves.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:58 am

Yeah, I'm feeling the fatigue too. But I posted! Sleep

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:03 pm

POST 100.

I don't know why that got me excited, but it did. ANYWAY, I'm more excited about the fact this is slowly becoming one of the most active rps in in the casual section. My goal is to have it completed and be one of the first on the site (if not the first), however, I realize that's the goal for many others as well.

This meaning the roleplay will eventually come to an end. However, if we do wish to continue with the idea after this storyline is over, I say we do a sequel and perhaps even do some character switches. Maybe even somehow create new gods/demi-gods?

Speaking of creating new characters, I do recommend it, as Harper has done with making an oracle, but be wise about it, in creating new heroes and perhaps oracles/priest(ess)s of your own.

And, I would like to have a Hephaestus at some point. Why? He's the god of technology. Back in the day he wasn't very important but NOW, he would be close to a head honcho, if he wasn't being used.

Just some thoughts and words. Great posts, everyone :3 I hope we keep this up.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:10 pm

AND POST 101!

The only thing I'm wanting to know isn't how we will reach an end, but when do we consider this to be an end? Think about it guys, should it be after we've come back into preeminence amongst the mortal world, or should it wait until a god is killed and the hierarchy changed? Just some food for thought...

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:34 pm

OH! Before I forget, I have news for you all.

Now, I know it's a little ways off, but Harper and I will be (slightly) gone August 12-17. We'll most likely be bringing one of our laptops with us on vacation, so we may get the chance to stop in while we're gone. That's also an 'if'. However, I hope you all will be able to go in the roleplay without us, for that time being :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Sorry about the long wait. I have been doing some research about Hermes, his offspring and his relationship to the other gods. I am in the process of writing a post.

I do have a question that pertains to my post idea. Does anyone object to me playing Pan as well?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:20 pm

No objections here! The more Gods the merrier, and Pan would be an interesting character to weave in to modern times.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:10 pm

I have been able to get to a public computer!

I might not be able to post, but atleast I will be active in the OOC! well, sorta.

With that, I might take another god. I do not know which, but still. I am thinking about it.

And Yen, do you mean the Myth with Zeus, Hypno and Myx in the Illiad 14 of Homer? If you do, I think I have Zeus sort of firgured out.

Zeus, with other men, is a big-shot. He intimidates, bullies, shows off his strength and position. He also does this with women, but ONLY with those who are close to him (hera).

However, when it comes to fighting a woman, say Nyx andn her *fighting with motherly love*, Zeus will most probably skedaddle.

But lets not forget, the way I approach Zeus is that, yes he retains his orignial character, but I am trying, slowly but surely, to make less of a *douche* and more of a *mature King*. All that in a natural, logical evolution.

I mean the changed Zeus wont be very different in general. He will probably think twice before actually doing something, however, which will make him think the horrible things he would normally do, but nuance it when it comes to the actual action, making him more reasonable.

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Excellent for all of you! This is getting really fun <3

I'm sorry to say, Hermes, but Pan is the only God to have actually, well, died. May I recommend taking a step in another direction and making another god to take his place? A long lost son of Hermes or another god, if you wish. Pan's second coming.

Dax, might I recommend someone to counteract Zeus's personality? Someone not as domineering. Not necessarily shy and meek, but perhaps someone sneaky or sly. :3

Yes, that one is the main interaction between the two. If I find some other interactions between any of the gods we have, I'll make sure to link the stories here.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:59 pm

The Death of Pan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_%28god%29#The_.22Death.22_of_Pan

General Site:
http://www.theoi.com/

I really like this site. It's got a bunch of information that's proved very useful.

An easy to read tree:
http://www.theoi.com/Tree0.html

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:59 pm

I think I may play Iris. I have an idea for a bit of rivalry between her and Hermes.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:08 pm

That'd be cool, that's kind've what I'm doing with Erebos and Apollo

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:19 pm

I may also grab another character.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Excellent! The more the merrier Aya. By the way, while YenWen's been at work I've been updating her on recent posts, and BoH, she'd love for you to take Iris, we think it'd be double rainbow awesome (ha!).

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:02 pm

I got a post up! It isn't large, but it does its job. Also, I do have plans for introducing Eris for sure now... She'll almost absolutely be on my next post. I'll have a Character sheet worked out in the next couple days for you, YenWen, before I'm up to post again.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Great to see everyone posting! I'm going to write up my next post after BoH and YenWen post again~

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Baha... Bahaha... Bwahahahahahahahahahahaa >D

I feel deviously evil at this point~ But, it's good to see so many people getting so in depth of this. And, BoH, I'm sorry Pan wasn't really... available, to say the least.

And, Aya, if you think you can handle having the 3, I say go for it, and if you find it to tiresome later in the game, feel free to drop one of them, as long as it makes sense in the story.

SpaceWheeler, just send me the profile when you're ready. I'm very excited to have someone as crazy as Eris :3

Now, I will get to working on my own post. I had the liberty of coming up with tid-bit ideas while I was at work, so it shouldn't take me too long.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Yeah. I can handle three. This is really the only active role play I am in right now. I think having three characters will help me not be bored at 3am.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Lol. Know who you think you'll take?

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:52 pm

Not yet. Any ideas? I am willing to do anyone. If you can think of someone to add a new dynamic to the cast, let me know?
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:52 pm

Well, do you prefer male or female? Because either is fine.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Um. I have two females, so maybe I can pick up a male character.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next