FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

+5
Bird of Hermes
Dax
Harper
SpaceWheeler2.0
YenWen
9 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] - Page 3 Empty Re: Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

Post by YenWen Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:22 pm

SpaceWheeler2.0 wrote:

Dax, that's the reason why Hera is always pissed off in the myths. Zeus had possibly hundreds of children. Almost every city and town in Greece had at least one family that claimed direct descent from Zeus himself at some point or another. He is the classic representation of what every ruler wished they had, infinite indulgence to any pleasure they wished... at least for as long as Hera let his leash loose. Razz

Being the patron of matrons (ha!), Hera HATED Zeus for all the shit he did :/ But because of her vows she couldn't really do anything about it except be a sneaky jealous ho-bitch. All her views and acts are a representation of all the old laws and cultures Hellene society. Hell, she IS a representation of Hellene society.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] - Page 3 Empty Re: Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

Post by Harper Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:42 am

Figured I'd make up for last times shorter post with this one. Oh this is so exciting to get this RP rolling! So much plotting and planning and conniving!

And about the whole Zeus thing, don't you guys think by now he could also be an honorary God of Disease? I mean, maybe he's lucked out being a god and all, but there is some mean stuff out there Zeus could've caught and spread the world over....

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Zeus is going to set out and try to find some of his fellow gods. Does anyone want to be found by him?

I know you all want to. Razz

Or should I just pick and surprise the hell out of one of you? That would be funny.

"Hey who's tha' ...aw shit. Its Zeus."

To be honest, I have no idea where to take my character. I know he wants to do something, but I have no idea what exactly.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm not against Apollo meeting with his father later on. I already know Erebos is going to give Hades a visit...

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Well, I just read through the entire Rp, and it seems that, in california at least, my choices are limited.

Regardless, Zeus is getting out of his university very soon.

Last edited by Dax on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Let's see... Hermes, Aphrodite, and Gaia haven't had an interaction :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Zeus meeting up with Hermes again should be enjoyable. Perhaps, we can work something out for my next post or the one after that.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:15 am

Ares will be the LAST person Zeus even thinks of finding... that's if I have my understanding of Mythology correct Razz

I'm up for interaction with anyone, really, though consider whether your character would actually *want* to find Ares. My plotting will be revealed slightly in my next couple posts. I still haven't decided exactly how to introduce Eris into the whole scenario.

I look forward to seeing this RP continue to pick up. Hopefully some activity will attract others even, to start filling out the Pantheon.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:55 am

I'd love a Hera and an Athena! <3 A Poseidon or Demeter wouldn't be too bad either ;3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Hera is probably needed, and I would like an Athena. Ares needs his nemesis at some point, I think.

Quick question that might influence part of my post... are we assuming that our characters translate to Roman mythology as well, or should we stay away from that? I noted you mention Eros as being Cupid in the character description, Cupid was the Roman name for the same God... I'm just curious, it's just a portion of the Characters' histories that I wanted to clear up.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:20 pm

I used the Cupid term because it's the name most commonly known, as are a lot of Roman names. They are virtually the same, but, seeing as the Greeks came first, I'm using it as their true names and identities. The Roman names can be used as aliases and such, if you want, a guilty pleasure, or a hated term :/

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:04 pm

Okay, that works. I wanted to make sure that Ares would be right in taking pride in Roman devotion. You'll see how it fits in my post, however small. It'll be up here in a few seconds...
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 pm

As long as the posts are developed and not complete cop-outs, shortness is fine :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Whoo. I posted again.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:07 pm

I am going to try and write up a post for tomorrow since I have been slacking.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Yeah. Slacking is what I have been doing as well.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:33 pm

Aaaand ka-post!

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Ohh, an Athena would be fun! Hurra for Zeus` favorite kid!

And... didn`t we already have a Poseidon on board, or did he leave?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:35 pm

If we did he left, it would be cool to have a new one, though. Having an Athena to balance out Ares would be great too. I'm gonna be posting Apollo's soon by the way, hopefully. I'll keep Erebos behind until Greybeard posts again.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Ok, Zeus is go chill in his car and drive around L.A. and find something to rape/beat up/ yell at.

Lemme tell you, he is really excited about all of that.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:15 am

Got my Apollo post done! And sorry if you don't know what to do, man :/ . I'm gonna go ahead with Erebos's post after you take care of yours...

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Got my post up. Very Happy

I have to say, I am happy I chose Zeus. Condescending, slightly crazy... and old, are always a good mix. Nod
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Ohh! I'm so happy this is going well <3

Harper and I have been... devising and being particularly evil in ideas, but I think it's best to surprise you all with them. (More fun that way) As for the roleplay itself, I'd like to see some more Olympians, if the possibility may be. I'm not one for advertising too much, but if you honestly know of anyone who might be interested and could add something vital the story, by all means, ask them to sign up.

As for posting and keeping up with this and all that, the rule is you get a month of silence before your character is removed and up for grabs. However that does not require a full post, but simply a notification that you are still willing to be apart of the roleplay, but have just had personal issues that needed to be dealt with first. Everyone has those. I'll be keeping any and all character sheets on file, so if you are in the circumstances of having your profile removed, if you ask to rejoin and the character is not retaken it'll be as easy as a copy and paste.

If the issue comes to where you've missed PAGES of posting, I understand you may miss something in reading, I simply ask you skim it, ask any questions you have about it, and we'll all fill you in on the rest, so as no one has to wait for anyone to post.

It is up to you to start interactions, but, for safety, I'd like you to mention your posting here, in the OOC, so as there's no collision posts. I think everyone can relate to how annoying that is.

If you catch anything in someone's post that does not correlate to mythology, please feel free to ask why, as they may not realize the mistake. After all, there can be many different versions to a single myth. If it gets too confrontational, however, I simply ask you take it to the PMs.

I realized I hadn't really put down a full set of rules at the start, and sometimes they can be helpful, as different people have different ideas of what is good and bad. These are my opinions and my requests. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll be updating the front page to include these and the Godly Limitations.

Now, for actual OOC talk >>

Bird of Hermes, I've had the little idea going through my head of some sort of trickery with Hermes, since that is part of his general persona throughout Mythology. He's also the god of thievery a sports, if that helps at all with creative ideas :3 Considering Apollo is currently in the process of going to gig, you could possibly meet with Artemis, or him in some secretive way.

Dax, I do like the perversion you've given Zeus to simply... watching what goes on, and would like to make it clear that Aphrodite and Hephaestus ARE divorced. I had some of that confusion myself, having to look it up for certain, but would like to make sure that's clear with you as well, meaning she's single. Part of Greco-Roman culture in adultery laws was that it was only wrong if the woman was married. It was fine for a married PERSON (man OR woman) to be with another, as long as the other consenting was not married, or a slave (who did not have the right to marry). The one who would be punished was the single acting upon the married woman. This is also why it was legal for Zeus to gallivant off with so many women.

Aya, I like your positions for both Aphrodite and Gaia, and would very much like interaction from you, to any of the gods, in any for, directly. I understand Aphrodite's position at this point, but Gaia does have siblings that are currently in action. Just starting up a brain storm :3

Wow, that was a lot...

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Dax, I do like the perversion you've given Zeus to simply... watching what goes on, and would like to make it clear that Aphrodite and Hephaestus ARE divorced. I had some of that confusion myself, having to look it up for certain, but would like to make sure that's clear with you as well, meaning she's single. Part of Greco-Roman culture in adultery laws was that it was only wrong if the woman was married. It was fine for a married PERSON (man OR woman) to be with another, as long as the other consenting was not married, or a slave (who did not have the right to marry). The one who would be punished was the single acting upon the married woman. This is also why it was legal for Zeus to gallivant off with so many women.

Ah, I had no idea they were divorced. :S Well, that is a sentence I am going to have to take out.

Since we are in the myth discussion, I wanted to talk about something that totally confused me.

I was reading about Zeus and his children and stumbled upon something... odd.
On wiki, the list of Zeus' children include Aphrodite. So, naturally, I clicked on that because I remember reading something different on another site.

Apparently there are divergences in myths: one version wants for Aphrodite to be born from the foam generated from throwing Uranus' genitals in the sea.

But from another myth,(Illiad) it says that Aphrodite is the daughter of Dione or Thalassa and Zeus.

Then again, with Thalassa, it says that Aphrodite is the daughter of EITHER Zeus or Uranus.

Greek mythology is really complicated. Too many different stories going about.

Also, I would like to say that that I will be absent until next Saturday and that I dont think I will be able to post in that time period. I might be, but I am not sure.

That is all. Very Happy
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Dax wrote:

Apparently there are divergences in myths: one version wants for Aphrodite to be born from the foam generated from throwing Uranus' genitals in the sea.

But from another myth,(Illiad) it says that Aphrodite is the daughter of Dione or Thalassa and Zeus.

These two are the most commonly accepted, and whichever you choose I think should be the one upheld within this story, seeing as Zeus is your character, just make sure to tell the rest of us XD

As for your leaving, when exactly are you leaving?

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Yah, I guess I will play the Father-in-law that doesnt like his son's new girlfriend... and who doesnt even like his son period for that matter.

So uranus is Aphrodites father... unless Aya wants Zeus to be her father, in which case it is fine anyway.

I am leaving tomorrow morning.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:34 pm

I think Harper's planning on doing a back and forth with you tonight, to get something done before you leave, so he's not stuck with Erebos, and neither is Aphrodite, if you wouldn't mind.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Oh, that is no problem. I am on all night.

Are we talking about PM or chat? If its PM, I am all ready, chat might be off because my internet is shotty, has been for the past couple of weeks.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:07 pm

As in actual posting. Nothing too long, just to get you both to a place where you can have accomplished something and where you can be somewhere it can be paused for when you leave :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 pm

And I posted it! Erebos really is a bastard, huh? But he does have the most devious of plans! Just let me know from here if you plan to post again tonight Dax, I'll be up tonight.

And if not, Aya can post before you. It doesn't matter who acts first here, so long as someone does.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next