FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

+5
Bird of Hermes
Dax
Harper
SpaceWheeler2.0
YenWen
9 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] - Page 5 Empty Re: Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

Post by YenWen Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:10 am

Chronos: He is the personification of time. He and his consort, serpentine Ananke, circled the primal world-egg in their coils and split it apart to form the ordered universe of earth, sea and sky. He is not to be confused with the Titan Cronus.

Uranus: Father Sky, is personified as the son and husband of Gaia, Mother Earth.

Aether: He is the personification of the upper sky, space, and heaven, and is the elemental god of the "Bright, Glowing, Upper Air." He is the pure upper air that the gods breathe, as opposed to the normal air mortals breathe.

Pontos: Personification of the Sea. Pontos was the son of Gaia, the Earth. With Gaia, he was the father of Nereus (the Old Man of the Sea), of Thaumas (the awe-striking "wonder" of the Sea, embodiment of the sea's dangerous aspects), of Phorcys and his sister-consort Ceto, and of the "Strong Goddess" Eurybia.

Poseidon: God of the sea, rivers, floods, droughts, earthquakes, and horses. He is also known as "The Storm-Bringer" and the "Earth Shaker". He is the son of Cronus and Rhea, and brother to Zeus. His symbols include the trident, dolphins and horses.

Hephaestus: Crippled god of fire, metalworking, stonemasonry, sculpture and volcanism. The son of Hera by parthenogenesis, he is the smith of the gods and the husband of the adulterous Aphrodite. His symbols include the hammer, tongs and anvil.

These are your best choices, I'd think.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] - Page 5 Empty Re: Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:15 am

Poseidon. I call it!
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:19 am

Okies :3 Just make profile and he's yours~

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:44 am

http://www.chss.montclair.edu/classics/HYMNART.HTML

I meant to look at this awhile ago and have just gotten around to it. It has some useful info on not only Artemis, but other gods as well. Such as I've learned Artemis is a "Daddy's Girl".

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:36 am

While I do enjoy all the plotting and planning for Apollo, I just want to point out he's not the main character of this RP. At this point what's he's done has gained irrevocable momentum, so whatever may happen, he's not nearly as important anymore to this vague conflict that's slowly forming into something I think is much larger and cooler than any of us could originally imagine. I don't want anyone to turn away from their current course, but if Apollo is going to be the center of this web someone should replace him within the next three or five posts with their own plotting.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:41 pm

There, made a small post from a public computer just to get Zeus of out of the way.

Short post is short! Very Happy

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:49 pm

God(dess): Iris
Personality: Iris is very serious and she has taken the loss of her former job as the messenger of Hera to heart. She is searching for a new meaning to her life. She has a strange relationship with Hermes, her fellow messenger.
Appearance:
Current status among their fellow Gods: Isis has not spoken to the other gods in years. Her soul searching has taken her to all parts of the globe. She has a friendly rivalry with Hermes. She still keeps in contact with her sisters, the harpies.
Extra Information: Goddess of rainbows, messengers, clouds, wind and sea. She is the messenger of the gods, a filler of rain clouds, and the daughter of Thaumas and Electra. Her symbols include the herald's wand or kerykeion, wings and the rainbow. Her sisters are the harpies.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:10 pm

BoH, my only question is what she does in the modern world now, or if she only stays at Olympus. If that's the case, then she'd be well suited for Artemis' next encounter :3

Thank you, Dax! I know it's tough staying in touch with this sort of thing while you're away from home.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 pm

She traveled the world in a small plane she helped build. Missing sending messages, she's taken a job at the post office. I am going to have her meet Hermes early on, but an encounter with Artemis would be good as well.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:38 pm

God(dess): Poseidon

Personality: Like his brothers, Poseidon is very cocky and shallow. In this new era, he gets to live off his ego by being a male model. Don't let his good looks fool you. He has a temper that rivals that of Zeus and a lust for payback that rivals that of Hades.

Appearance: Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] - Page 5 Bradley4-1

Current status among their fellow Gods: Poseidon is feared, but not much liked among the gods of Olympus. Since they split to lead separate lives among the humans, he hasn't spoken much to any of his kin. He is not close to any of the other God's except for his wife, Amphitrite. Due to him always being away from Olympus, he never really bonded with any of the gods. His relationship with his brothers is also very poor.

Extra Information: He works for Aphrodite's fashion magazine along with his wife.

Last edited by Aya MacArthur on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Aya, my only questions are; What is his status amongst the other gods (relations included) and if you're aware that Poseidon is married. Not that it really matters, but it's just a matter of being aware of it.

BoH. If you could edit that in to the profile, it's accepted :3

Aya, add those details in, and Poseidon is accepted as well.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:54 am

I forgot who he was married to. >.> But I will edit it.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:53 pm

I plan to have Hermes and Iris meet in my next post and then have the two travel to Olympus.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Fantastic~ <3 Thank you

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:04 pm

God(dess):Chronos (a.k.a father Time)

Appearance: takes on many different appearances, but he does not care to fit in. he still dresses as he always has since the dawn of time… with some minor tweaks taken from across the ages
Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] - Page 5 Old_fa10

Current status among their fellow Gods: For the rare times the other gods have met him, they know chronos to be a calm, polite thinker and very calculated in his acts and words. After all, he has all of the time in the world. Therefore, the others gods that have met him have only the slightest respect for him, just as one would have the basic respect for a stranger. However, since he is the personification of time, he enjoys some sympathy. What else can they have for someone who impersonates and exuberates Time itself.

Extra Information: Chronos is everywhere and nowhere at the same time. He wanders the world, doing as he pleases and remotely overseas and watches the other gods and goddesses for fun and for the remote possibility if he needed to protect one from another.

theres is my character sheet, not sure if anything is missing
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:06 pm

I'd like the appearance a bit more developed, otherwise we'll have to imagine it ourselves, which may turn into something you do not want.

The picture JUST showed up on my screen.

And I take he does not place himself among mortals?

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:16 pm

I've put all the new profiles on the front page, since they all will be accepted. Just send me any changes and I'll switch out the profiles. :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Great to see everyone posting! I'll try and have Erebos and Apollo up by tonight.

*Edit*

YenWen also wants everyone on the same page as the time in our RP right now. For Apollo in Greece its around 12 a.m. for the Pacific coast it's around 1 p.m.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Chronos is just chilling...everywhere and nowhere at the same time. O.o
So no, he doesn't hang out with mortals.

He is like the great-uncle that everyone has heard about and knows in name, but has barely ever been seen.

I think that the fact that alot of deities are going to Greece will cause him to haul his butt over there too... in some extravagant fashion.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:51 pm

By the way, if no one take Hephaestus by this time next week I'm going to take him. I'd like it if someone else could, but if no one can then I'll probably have a character sheet wrote up Wednesday night.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Also, a new idea, that Aya has inspired. For communication amongst Gods, via some kind of telepathy, should be in a specific color, as to help differentiate between thought, speech, and of course, the telepathy. However, I also would like to limit the amount of telepathy that can be used, so physical interaction is more needed. So, I believe Artemis the type to take the Violet. I think Nyx will take Dark Blue.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:59 am

I fixed mine. However, due to the fact that my laptop is being a very shady character, I may not be able to post for a while. I will let you know.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:38 pm

YenWen, I want to apologize for my post being somewhat short. It's well within the rules, I just feel there should have been more. Sadly I had to kind of rush it today because my family is going out of town for the weekend, but I didn't want to make you wait until Sunday for a reply.

Too much stuff came up this week, and it seems like it's been happening a lot to me lately. I'm kicking myself (mentally, of course) for not getting my Eris sheet done. This time I can guarantee that it will be done either Sunday night after I get home or Monday. I'll be leaving again Wednesday of next week for another few days, so I'll post before then and will have internet to post while I'm up there too. Yeah... that's my plan for the next week.

Also, yay for the new characters everyone!
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:27 pm

There we go, got a Khronos post up.

My Zeus and Khronos posts will most probably always be seperate due to the relative length I usually give them.

Also: yay, more interaction.

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Great to see such good posts! I just want to check in to see if there are any takers on Hephaestus, if no one says anything this weekend I'll have a character sheet up on Monday and hopefully a post on Monday night. Can't wait to see what Ares and Nyx are plotting, something devious by the looks of it Very Happy

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:47 pm

I also forgot to mention, but the color Zeus will be taking is Gold (well, its atually yellow, but gold sounds cooler)

and Khronos will be taking White
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Sorry my post is so short guys. New medications and work have been wearing me down and distracting me :<

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:22 pm

God: Hephaestus

Personality: Hephaestus was one of the meeker gods, but over the years as technology came to dominate the lives of man, Hephaestus gained a fatter and fatter head. Since his aspect has flourished above all else through the centuries, he now privately believes him better than any of the other gods, but knows better than to share those beliefs. He is somewhat clever and has gained some sincere confidence, but the other gods can still easily cow him.

Appearance: Hephaestus’ mortal form involves him wearing a pinstripe, blue business suit and matching tie. His classical form he holds a smith’s hammer and wears a heavy leather apron over classical Greek clothing. In both forms Hephaestus stands at six eight, with burly arms and chest. He keeps a gray beard and gray hair on the sides of his head. The top is bald. His eyes are brown. His nose is large, heavy, and red—it, like the rest of his face, is pockmarked with acne scars. On his chin he has two moles, but these are covered by his beard. He carries a big, oak cane with him in his mortal form to hide his limp and explains it as the scars of polio. His left ear has a small brass earring hanging from it. His skin is a pale white.

Current status among their fellow Gods: He only keeps in touch with the other gods when they commission him to make for them a weapon. Otherwise, he resents them. For numerous reasons dating back to when he first caught Aphrodite and Ares sharing a bed. Due to his new status in the world, he enjoys the power and respect he finally holds.

Extra Information: Hephaestus worked as many different scholars and scientists over the years. He invented the steam engine, the telegraph, radio, internet, and several other things of modern technology under the guise of famous inventors. Now he runs his own corporate research firm, trying to develop ways to mass produce cheap, green energy.

Hope this is good enough for Hephaestus! Sorry if there's no picture, I don't do well with picture appearances. I'm too specific to ever find what I'm looking for and too terrible an artist to draw my own :/ .

But! If this is okay I'll have a post up by tonight! And his color will be... brown. Erebos is indigo and Apollo red, of course. :3

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:01 am

Accepted :3 Going on the front page.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:18 am

My husband is in!
Where does H live? If you look at my last post, I have it set up so she runs into him somewhere on her way to Greece, or in Greece itself.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next