FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

+5
Bird of Hermes
Dax
Harper
SpaceWheeler2.0
YenWen
9 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] Empty Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

Post by YenWen Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:30 pm

The Greek Gods are a fascinating brood. One of the only sets of deities that are not infallible, but merely powerful creators who must be pleased like normal people. They have wants and needs like man, but lack the ability to die by anything other than the hand of another god of greater power, or greater wit. They cheat, lie, steal, commit adultery, murder, and even feel guilt. They have families both on Olympus and Earth which they care for and mother or father. But they also commit the same wrongs to their offspring as the people of this earth.

If not appeased, they spite. They are children throwing tantrums at all times. It would almost seem they are human, if not for their continuous displays throughout generations. Their lives are endless occurrences by which humans can only relate.

The Gods have lives as we do. Families, as we do. Friends, as we do. Mistakes, as we do. How can we not relate their tales? Simple. We are them. And as we are, they grow jealous. Their following has died, except for the few that still fear the wrath that once claimed lives, destroyed a nation, and birthed their world. Now, they seek their royal place, at the place where the people's foreheads touch the ground.[/color]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Gods now wish to claim their rights as head of our world, and are willing to do so by any means necessary. However, not all of them wish to force us to bow. Some claim the peace and quiet as a sanctuary. They need not worry over the prayers and smiting of the simple people. They need only take pleasure in their immortality. What shall be the outcome of the oncoming power of the Gods?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Higher Deities:
Also known as The Olympian Deities, these are the Gods known by most in pop culture. They are the most prominent in the myths and were the most praised by the Greeks.[/color]

Spoiler:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Primordial Deities:

Spoiler:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Lesser Gods:
Although important enough for their own category and recognition, they were not strong enough figures for such appraisal given to the likes of The Olympian Gods.
Spoiler:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Character Sheet:

God(dess):
Personality:
Appearance:
Current status among their fellow Gods:
Extra Information:

Taken:

Spoiler:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rules:

• You get a month of silence before your character is removed and up for grabs. However that does not require a full post, but simply a notification that you are still willing to be apart of the roleplay, but have just had personal issues that needed to be dealt with first. Everyone has those. I'll be keeping any and all character sheets on file, so if you are in the circumstances of having your profile removed, if you ask to rejoin and the character is not retaken it'll be as easy as a copy and paste.

If you have missed PAGES of posting, I understand you may miss something in reading, I simply ask you skim it, ask any questions you have about it, and we'll all fill you in on the rest, so as no one has to wait for anyone to post.

It is up to you to start interactions, but, for safety, I'd like you to mention your posting here, in the OOC, so as there's no collision posts. I think everyone can relate to how annoying that is.

If you catch anything in someone's post that does not correlate to mythology, please feel free to ask why, as they may not realize the mistake. After all, there can be many different versions to a single myth. If it gets too confrontational, however, I simply ask you take it to the PMs.

Questions are requested and welcomed at all times. Dabbling into mythology is always interesting, in any matter.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Godly Limits:

• Gods cannot bring mortals back from the dead, even lovers.

Gods can be killed, but only very complicatedly, by a much stronger God. (Such as the brood of two powerful gods killed one of it's parents)

Gods cannot 'do it all' entirely. Those who attempt at creating or doing something out of their jurisdiction tend to do it badly. (Such as Poseidon creating animals. The horse was a mistake.)

Gods do grief, morn, and regret their actions. In feeling, they are just like mortals. Even Hades who morns for his consort when she must return to her mother.

Gods cannot chose the consequences for their actions, but simply try and change them as they work by putting other things in the way, in which they can still make even more comical/horrid mistakes.

Last edited by YenWen on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:03 am; edited 13 times in total

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] Empty Re: Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

Post by YenWen Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:52 pm

I know I said that the roleplay won't be up until tonight, but I'd still like some discussion in here. I'm sorry if I made that unclear. How excited are you?!

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] Empty Re: Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!]

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm so excited! This will be great, and I can't even decide the exact direction I want to go with Ares... there is just so much potential!
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:26 pm

IC We can get started everyone! My post is up and completed! Have fun!

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Mythology's Finest OOC[Still Accepting!] Empty An Apology To Those Possibly Offended

Post by Harper Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 pm

I just posted my Erebos and Apollo introduction and strove to sum up their character with the postings. Erebos, in particular is a bigot and while some might find his introduction amusing others might find it offensive. I tried to make his character reflect the nature of shadows, the madness, the fear, the darkness that can't be peered into. He's a bully to all mortals who he can shroud in shadow, but any god above him will reveal him as a coward, their might like holding a light up to shadow, it trembles and flees.

As for Apollo he should be fine. I just wanted to note for Bird of Hermes (if you are reading this) that Hermes and Apollo shared something akin to a bromance in many Greek mythologies, so I think we should capitalize on that when we can.

Once again, sorry about Erebos, and to any moderator, if its too much let me know and I'll tone it down a few notches.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat May 01, 2010 1:48 pm

I will wait to be last or before last to reply (or atleast after all of Zeus's children have posted) so I can react to all posts accordingly.

If anyone is interested, Zeus is currently a history professor in UCLA, just waiting to be visited. xD (He switches university every couple decennies)
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Sat May 01, 2010 2:38 pm

I like that, it's really cool. Is there a history he specializes in (like um... Greek), or is just broad world history?

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat May 01, 2010 2:53 pm

He obviously specializes in Greek history. Very Happy

He also gives general history classes, too.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat May 01, 2010 4:18 pm

As for Apollo he should be fine. I just wanted to note for Bird of Hermes (if you are reading this) that Hermes and Apollo shared something akin to a bromance in many Greek mythologies, so I think we should capitalize on that when we can.

That sounds like it would be interesting to do! Also, I may not get a post in for awhile. Final exams are coming up and the end of the semester is severely limiting my writing time.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sat May 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Bird of Hermes wrote:

That sounds like it would be interesting to do! Also, I may not get a post in for awhile. Final exams are coming up and the end of the semester is severely limiting my writing time.

I think of you should be fine, there are still at least 2 other people who can post still :3 and I'm hoping for more people to join as well. The more people, the better!

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Mon May 03, 2010 1:01 am

Hey folks, sorry that I haven't posted yet! I've got a lot to do the next two days for school. I should have my first post up either Tuesday night or Wednesday.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue May 04, 2010 7:38 am

I think about everyone has something going on this week, which is fine. I know I have AP testing. As long as this isn't forgotten entirely, I don't mind the wait.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Thu May 06, 2010 11:26 pm

>>...
Been quiet for a few days :<

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Sat May 08, 2010 1:11 am

I got a post up! Quite a few days later than I thought, but better late than never. Hopefully it's good enough to start with, but I was having issues with my creativity tonight.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sun May 09, 2010 8:24 am

It's still excellent :3
One person I'm hoping will be signed up for soon is Aphrodite. Her philandering would surely bring some... excitement, to the the story.
SpaceWheeler, since you are playing Ares, you have permission to also play around with Eris, considering she is not on the listen of Gods, if you so please. She and Ares are quiet close, unless you know of anyone who would care to use her, or just prefer not. It's your choice.
Anyone else considering taking a 2nd, maybe even 3rd character, is recommended. This is the type of story where more people is a bit exciting.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Mon May 10, 2010 1:52 pm

All right, I'll see about weaving Eris into my part of the story. Now, I'm tending to look at Eris and Enyo being the same Goddess , as they are described similarly in many sources from what I can tell. What does your book say about them, YenWen? It might help me understand the "character" a little more.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon May 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Enyo is more a counterpart in war, like a female mini-Ares. Eris is a the Goddess of discord. She enjoys riding along with Ares, not for war itself, but the chaos it brings. She also gets her satisfaction from other forms of chaos, such as spite, jealousy, and feuding. Enyo literally means "warlike" and Eris means "strife", if that helps :3
Edit: Enyo is also the daughter of Zeus and Hera, while Eris is the daughter of Nyx. Enyo could almost literally be seen as a female Ares. Eris just seems like his best female friend ever.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri May 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Pleeeeaaaaase don't die peoples :< Pretty please with fudge sprinkles...

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Fri May 14, 2010 5:26 pm

I don't know where everyone went... Few have commented on the OOC thread, so perhaps they didn't pay attention to the opened OOC from the interest thread? This has so much potential, it can't die! Razz

We don't have a Hades to accept this thread into the underworld anyways, so no dying!
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri May 14, 2010 5:49 pm

I am still here! As I said I was waiting for everyone to post before I did, but I am going to go ahead and post soon.

Very Happy
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by empowermint Sat May 15, 2010 10:07 pm

Hey. I can't post until after term ends. June 21st earliest. Sorry if this holds you up: don't wait for me.
empowermint
empowermint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed May 19, 2010 3:12 pm

I should have a post up within the next few days.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Wed May 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Awesome :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:58 pm

So, I lied. Things got busy, but I will have a post up by the week's end, come hell or high water.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Sounds good, Hermes Smile

I've been lurking in the background for this one, but I'm still here.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallenknight13X Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:20 pm

I am hoping to get as the God Hades...
Fallenknight13X
Fallenknight13X
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Goody goody :3 I'm glad this hasn't truly died. I'm bubbling with little ideas here and there.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallenknight13X Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:19 am

I sent you the profile, let me know if I need to change anything.
Fallenknight13X
Fallenknight13X
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Yay! Another post is up. Who's next?

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:32 pm

So, I've decided to make another little rule. If you don't give any notification of your posting, or that you're still here and waiting by the end of the month (June 30th) then your profile will be removed and the character made available for someone else. However, this does not mean you can't still get the character back (if it hasn't been retaken) and be a part of the roleplay again. I understand if there's been some sort of communication problem and you've been gone for that period of time. However, I think a month is a good amount of time to notify us of any problems with posting. This is just a way to make it easier for everyone and not having to wait nearly as long. Please understand this is for everyone's benefit. Thank you :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next