FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

+6
Fallenknight13X
Sunwolf007
Silvan Arrow
quakernuts
Digital Muse
Loki
10 posters

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 19 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Uh... I am having a serious case of writer's block. I am seriously sorry as this has never happened before. I just can't think of anything... Well, I will give it a day and then just force myself to at least write something. Again I am really sorry.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 19 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Loki Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:29 pm

If you need any help Sun, meet up with me in the IRC or shoot me a PM. I would be more than glad to give you some guidance around your writer's block.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:12 pm

The posts are all looking great so far! I just added one for Arina. I almost feel guilty for having so much fun playing a villain. She's such an evil little girl Razz
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:48 pm

But that's the FUN!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Eventually, someday soon I will read all the fight posts but for now its enough that I finally posted. Sorry it took so long. I will try to do better in the future.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:07 pm

We're just glad to see it's up. If your real life obligations are getting too much, I would be willing to take control of your Magi character until your schedule frees up a bit so you only have to worry about posting for one character.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:47 pm

I'll let you know if that happens but once I get used to this semester's schedule and editing my novel then I should be good. Speaking of my novel I have uploaded 3 chapters on this site if anyone is interested in reading it. Anyway I don't plan on giving up on this RP any time soon. I like playing Owen to much and the group is a very interesting cast of characters.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Ok. don't mean to double post but I did get through the battle posts and I have to say that they are absolutely amazing. This is going to be way to much fun to write this brawl. I will try and get a post up for Roshan. So did anyone realize what his initials are yet?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:03 pm

*checks Roshan's profile* Oh wow, that's pretty morbid, Sunwolf. Do I detect a hint of foreshadowing? Razz

Sorry for my continued silence, folks. The past few days have been crazy busy for me, and the madness continues as I have a big test Thursday. Not to mention trying to plan my thesis work in a very short amount of time is stressing me to the max. I have a post in the works for Eri/Arashi, so I'll try to finish that and write something for Arina as soon as possible.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Hey, I have a character who's intials spell out RIP too!

He however, is a reaper, so...smidgen of a difference there. <.<
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:28 am

It might hold just a hint of foreshadowing. Laughing What is it with this RP and me making characters that are supposed to die?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Well, I just finished writing something for Eri and Arashi - that was a long bugger! Since Plague just posted, I'll just combine it with Arina's part so I don't end up double-posting. I'm too tired and brain dead to write anymore tonight, so I'll try to write it tomorrow or Saturday.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:16 pm

So sorry for the delay, everyone. I've literally been in a Fortress of Solitude this week working ahead to clear my weekend, but I definitely wanted to finish this post today. I'm going to be mostly nonexistent this weekend. I'm helping run the treasury for a major swing dance event, so I'll be at my house primarily to sleep, eat, shower, and change clothes between dances. But it's still going to be lots of fun. Enjoy my extra-long post while I'm gone!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Woo-hoo! Fabulous post, Loki!

OK! Let's kick some evil Magi butt!!

Last edited by Digital Muse on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:01 pm

I've really enjoyed these last few posts from everyone! Sorry for the recent inactivity. I came down with a cold yesterday, and my head is still too fogged up from congestion and dayquil to think much about writing at the moment. I'll get a post for Eri written as soon as I can think straight again.

BTW, is Sunwolf still alive?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Yup. I spoke with him in chat a few days ago. Probably just busy, as life likes to be.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:38 pm

SilvanArrow wrote:BTW, is Sunwolf still alive?

Very much so, just very busy. I thought I would have more time this spring break but that didn't happen. I am currently helping my mom fix up a house she is going to move into in another state. We didn't have internet until yesterday so I couldn't really post for most of the week. Anyway I will be getting around to a post soon. I think the plan is to be back home Sunday during the day so that should give me some time.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:48 pm

You guys are awesome and I've had requests, so...
I'm dropping in to coordinate with you all for a character portrait ensemble! Very Happy
You're probably all familiar with my portrait studio? Well, I'd like to try something a little different, a little special, with this.

Since Viemera's been going on so long, I think it deserves some special attention. ^_^ I'd like to give it a distinct style, and I figured this would be the best place to carry on a discussion, so we don't have to start a new thread or try to meet in chat (though we can still do that, too).

So! What can we do here?
I haven't read the role-play all through; just bits and pieces. I do know the premise and setting, though. I'm unfamiliar with the characters, but any common ground would be cool.

What I'm aiming for is something to unify the portraits. Something new to add. Like green-glowing little devices, or symbols, or color palettes--things like that.
I'm hoping this'll spark a detailed discussion, and I can eventually make all the portraits at once, after extensive planning. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:11 pm

I think something to represent the Essence they all use as Sturates? A glow or a color?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:41 pm

Could always consider different borders for the three different types.

Summoned weapons all take a deep violet crystalline form no matter the object.

Users I feel would have a more unstructured, flowing wispy aura type of appearance or something taking the form of their ability.

Manipulators on the other hand has an element of tangibility in my mind. Perhaps a sort of gradient fade from something free flowing into a solidly defined edge as if a bold line had been smeared inward.

I dunno if it would be asking too much to have different boarders for the three types. Sweat Drop

Last edited by Loki on Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 am

borders?
(by the way, I've seen you use beacon for beckon sometimes... just to letcha know [/tangent])

Borders would be no problem. All I'd have to do is select the background, invert, create new layer, and apply a gradient.

Are they all Saturates?
What do all the characters have in common? If they don't all have something in common race- or occupation-wise, we could go with adding elements from the setting. Certain preferred styles of dress... seed-tech devices... common colors... I dunno. We could do plenty of things to make them different and awesome, but I'm also looking for elements that will tie all these portraits together. So people could look at all of them and tell, "ooh, those must be from Viemera." What would do that? Smile

The characters themselves. We can always add Viemera frames and backgrounds later. But for the actual portrait subjects, something to unify them all.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:23 am

That might be tougher, Kalon as they'r eall from such varied backgrounds and parts of the lands. The only thing they all have in common is the use of Essence through the goddess.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:14 am

Yeah, all of the characters have such different personalities and styles of dress, and like Muse said, the only thing they have in common is that they are Saturates and can use Essence thanks to the Goddess. I don't know if maybe you can come up with some way to make Essence a part of the border or background and maybe make each "Essence border" the character's signature color or something. I've always thought of Essence as analogous to mana or whatever magical "fuel" you can think of in fantasy settings, and I think of it almost like an aura. Eri is a Summoner with some wind User abilities, so I always think that her aura would be some shade of bright green (for some reason I always associate the color green with wind attributes). And my magi Arina is an ice User, so I would assume her aura is light blue.

I have no idea if any of my ramblings make any sense. I'm beyond exhausted right now, but I just wanted to pitch in my two cents before I crashed for the night.

Kalon, thank you SO MUCH for agreeing to do all of our character portraits! I have no doubt that they will be fantastic!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:13 am

Still alive but dealing with a lack of internet type thing over at home. Our wireless router died so internet is again limited for me so this will delay posting. As for images, I was never good at creating them so I think I would like to see what Kalon comes up with before I offer my input.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:09 am

Well, Sunwolf, my hope was to get some input before I come up with something. xD
I always thought the Seed essence was green, and then if it was used for other stuff it turned other colors. *shrug*

Well then, since they're all Saturates, maybe we can do something subtle, like... ooh, should I tint the whites of their eyes greenish?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:18 am

Well, Loki said he had a dark violet for summoned weapons. So maybe a golor for each type of Saturate would a different color. So maybe Violet for Summoner, Green for Users and maybe a blue for the last?

BTW the sprite suggestions I sent you Kalon, Raewn's haircolor is light brown with brown eyes. T'yang has black hair and black eyes. Her powers are shadow based if you want to play with that at all.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:39 am

I can draw machine prints but when it comes to actual art I have no idea how to construct it. Although once something is down on paper I can help revise it. I guess I need something to work with before I can get started.

Anyway I have to get a wireless router today so I don't know what kind of internet time I am going to get at home but I would say expect a post in the next few days once I get everything worked out at home. Sorry it's taking so long but I have been very busy these past few weeks.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Oh VERY nice post, Silvan!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:00 am

*blushes* Wow, thanks! I had been working on that one in bits and pieces for a while and only just now got around to finishing it. So glad you enjoyed it!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:57 am

With a reaction like that, I decided to read it too. Nice one, Silvan!

Regarding the portraits, I'm wondering if costume will be a problem.
Most of you have probably seen what the Fire Emblem sprites have to offer. Should we work on it together in here or separately in the studio? Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next