FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

+6
Fallenknight13X
Sunwolf007
Silvan Arrow
quakernuts
Digital Muse
Loki
10 posters

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 18 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:00 am

I already had a post halfway in the works after Tal introduced himself, so I thought I would go ahead and finish it before Christmas. I had a funny visual in my head about the two Summons that I couldn't ignore, so I ran with it in hopes of interjecting some light-hearted comedy. I hope that was okay?

The posts are all looking great! Loki, I can't wait to see how Ian ties in with this other Viemera RP. You'd better believe I'll be playing in that one too!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 18 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:19 am

Hehe. Darren as a perch. I was half expecting Arashi to start eating any bugs that were on Darren. XD
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:52 am

Very nice post, Eri. Smile I'm liking this building of tension and foreshadowing alot. This is gonna be good!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Loki wrote:Sun, I'm going to specify some boundaries for Owen's time manipulation. I'll allow him to sense the time anomaly, but he would not know what that sensation was from. It wouldn't be until Raewyn explains what happened that you are able to place the two together and offer some validation to her claim.

As far as the limitations to your own time manipulation, it does not work in the same sense as Ian's since Owen wasn't born with it, making it unnatural to his mind and body. Ian is able to project his ability outward, but I want Owen's ability to remain mostly internal. As far as speeding and slowing time, it takes place mostly in his mind. He can move and react faster, but his body is still subject to the physical limitations of the world around him. Simply put, no matter how fast he moves, his body must be able to handle the speed.

Traveling hundreds of feet in a second would shred his muscles to ribbons at the very least. The ability of time manipulation has a tendency to wander into the realm of being overpowered and I want to make sure this does not happen. Ian's power is balanced by his constant emotional and mental turmoil, yours will be though the physical limitations I stated above.

Please note that this isn't a criticism or anything like that, I just wanted to clarify some boundaries to secure the integrity of the RP. If you don't mind, could you tweak your post to fit these stipulations? Also, if you are wanting to negotiate these terms, feel free to do so. Apart from that, the posts are looking great.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll throw up a Tsume post.
I have never had a problem with your critiques and as for reworking I would be glad to. I knew I shouldn't have written it that late at night but I did so because I had the dialogue in my head and wanted to put it down before I lost it. And maintaining the physics is perfectly reasonable but I am sometimes bad at it so don't be afraid to call me on it. Like you said it keeps the integrity of the RP.

Edit: Got everything changed up. Let me know if I need to make more revisions or not ok?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:21 am

Revisions look good, thanks for being understanding.

As an update, I'm almost done with Tsume's/Loki's (part deux) post.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:30 am

Loki wrote:Revisions look good, thanks for being understanding.

As an update, I'm almost done with Tsume's/Loki's (part deux) post.

Not a problem dude. I like the way the revision turned out anyway. Much better than the first post. Like you implied, we are all in this together and I like to think that everyone feels the same way. Anyway yall have a good Christmas and I will post soon.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:41 am

I'm also working a post as we speak, but wanted to pop on to wish you all a very special Holiday!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! I hope you all have a great holiday spent with friends and family!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Merry Christmas, everybody!

*glances over to Tal*

" 'Nd 'ave a HAPPY NEW YEAR, BUDDEHS!"

You heard the fuzzy hobo! Very Happy
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:03 am

Alright, got the post up to progress us to the leyline. Also included a bit to draw out Tsume's personality. Anyways, time to work on some collaborative posting and get some epic battles underway. Feel free to use this OOC for drafting/spitballing and make sure to have fun with this part of the story. Smile
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:13 am

Such a great post, Loki! I really enjoyed seeing more of Tsume's personality, particularly his more light-hearted side and some of his backstory. I need to hit the hay for the night, but I'll work on a post tomorrow that will introduce my Magi. Can't wait to write some epic battles! Quaker and Plague, you both better be ready! Ax Man Bird
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:23 am

By the way, I've included links to each Magi at the intro post of the IC section for easy reference. Thumbs Up
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:56 am

Woot! Posted! I figured I would let Quaker introduce his Magi character first before I had Eri charge him. As for Plague, it's game on for Tal and Darren! I hope you're ready! LET'S DO THIS!!! Ax Man
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 pm

Just a quick note about T'yang's actions. The goal of the Magi is to capture Raewyn. The rest would have been shocked and angered that T'yang had tried to kill her. That was definitely not part of the plan. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Just thought I should let everyone know.

posting for me for the following week is going to be extremely limited. My grandmother passed away new years Day, and we're in the process of dealing with the funeral arrangements, family chaos, and all the other things that deal with such an event.

So don't expect a post from me until, at the earliest, next weekend. Sorry for the hold up guys.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:01 pm

Don't worry about us, doll. We'll be here waiting for you. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:24 pm

*hugs* I'm so sorry, Quaker. It was crazy for my family when my grandfather passed away a few years ago, so I can relate to what you and your family are experiencing. Take all the time you need, and we'll be here waiting patiently for your return.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 am

Like they said Quaker, take all the time you need.

As for the battle of the leyline, I would prefer it if you made individual posts for your Magi and your character. This will help make sure things progress quicker since you won't be waiting on two people. I'm officially suspending posting order. Think of this point as a series of one-on-one stories between magi and paired character.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:58 am

Loki, would you prefer it if I went back and edited my last post so that Arina's part is separate? I was not aware of your preference for separate posts and originally combined them to avoid double posting. It's no trouble for me either way.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:48 am

No no, it's fine as is. This is active for the sake of keeping waiting at a minimum. That way you'd only be waiting on one person at a time rather than two to make a single post.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:26 am

Ok. When I get a post ready I will be sure to split it up between characters. I should be getting a post up in a few days.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:16 pm

What Loki means is that the fights don't have to be co-posts with 2 people working on one post. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Well, I mean both ways technically. Don't feel that your post needs to contain both your character's and your Magi's actions, specifically if one is waiting on a partner's response. Ie, just because your character is waiting for his opponent to post does not mean you can't go ahead and make a post for your Magi.

If it's convenient to put them together, then by all means do so, but don't feel as though you are obligated.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:32 pm

I R BACK!

Hopefully I should have a post up by the end of the day, so long as nothing else pops up. Thanks for being understanding guys and gals.

*edit

Ok, so there it is. Silvan, I started the fight slightly, and I left starting the aerial combat to you. If anything is wrong how I started it, let me know and I'll fix it.

Sunwolf, I also left room for you to introduce your magi, and start the fight if you like.

Also, same thing with the black type (thought it was the most fitting for Kuresh's speak), if anyone has a problem with it, I'll fix it.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:00 pm

It all looks good to me. Just to make one quick clarification though, the only one contracted into the group was T'yang as a means of setting the trap. All the others are Udonis' trusted champions, who not only follow him for the paycheck but also the power he promises them once their goal is achieved.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Ah, ok that makes sense. I'll make some small edits and then it should be good to go.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:09 am

I'm still around. Now that college is starting up I will have a set schedule again and will be online more. Break always messes with my schedule for some reason. Anyway I will post very soon (after I read up on the last few posts). I am thinking Wednesday will be the day I get my post up. Sorry for taking so long.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:48 am

I'll start working on a post for Eri as well. I've never role-played player vs. player before, so this should be fun!

EDTI: We got a snow day today, so I went ahead and finished the post. I'm also trying out a new font color for Arashi's mental voice. Eri's mental voice will still be italicized and in single quotes when she's talking to Arashi, while normal thoughts are just in single quotes.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Just a quick heads up, the magi half of my post is done, and I'll be whipping up the Tal half tonight.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:59 am

<DigiMuse> Loki...do the Magi know of the groups new second abilities?
<Plague> Also, do the Magi expect Tal to be there?
<Xv_Loki_vX> If they've been training it on their journey, then they will know about it
<DigiMuse> Interesting.
<Xv_Loki_vX> But they don't know the extent of the abilities, just the nature of them
<DigiMuse> Right
<Xv_Loki_vX> Although, Plague would have an advantage in that sense since they won't have any idea of his gravity power
<Xv_Loki_vX> Or his combat capabilities for that matter
<Plague> Nor does Tal though
<Plague> Sweet!
<Plague> Maybe mention that for Silvan...
<Plague> Actually, it might be good just to mention this stuff in general for those none chat frequenters
<Xv_Loki_vX> They will have seen him enter the leyline with the others and peg him as a summoner, but that's about it.

Just some clarifications made in the IRC. For any more, simply ask and I shall answer.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next