FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viemera

5 posters

Go down

Viemera Empty Viemera

Post by Loki Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:18 pm

This is an RP from another forum that I was really excited about, but failed before it ever left the starting line. After waiting several months for it to be reborn under the original creator, to no avail, I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands and bring it to a place with more dedicated RPers with a few tweaks of my own. A quick shout out to Mr Chunnin on RPGFO for coming up with this RP initially, I must give credit where credit is due.

I am almost done writing up a story to this RP, but I want to make sure that this type of RP generates enough interest before I continue.

vV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Vv

Seed. It is all around us, it is everywhere and in everything and everyone; the source of all life on this world,
It is the very life force of the planet.

In the land of Viemera, humans have come to rely upon it as a source of power and the basis of all their advanced technology. It is believed by spiritual leaders that there is a large pool of Seed deep within the planet, and it is form this pool that life was first created and it is where the Seed arises from to touch everything on the planet. This is accepted as fact throughout Viemera by almost everyone.

One fact that is based on science rather than faith, is that Seed can be transformed into a palpable form of energy, a substance called Essence. Humans have found a way to draw Seed from the planet, convert it into Essence, and store it in order to power cities and fuel technological development. From this process, many new technologies have been formed, from lighting to locomotion to guns that fire concentrated Essence, to industrial machines.

Unfortunately, this seemingly limitless and versatile power source comes with one major drawback; it relies on the existence of a single woman, born once every three generations. Without this woman, Seed lies dormant and inactive, unable to be converted to Essence and becoming essentially useless. On top of this, agricultural production seems to drop by about 20%.
This Woman is referred to as the ‘Goddess’ or ‘The Source’ and is protected under every law possible. There is also a grand Temple of the Goddess located somewhere in the mountains for the training and protection of the Goddess. If the Goddess dies, then the land suffers and the people must rely on the Essence already stored up in the factories as no more can be refined. The land must wait until the next Goddess is born and reaches her 16th birthday for her powers to emerge.

There is sometimes a “drought” where subsequent generations go without a goddess and there is not enough essence left to power their technology, resulting in a famine. This is the reason why alternate technologies are being explored and why many people use Low-Tech tools e.g. the City guards utilize Essence powered guns which fire a kind of green plasma (green being the neutral color of Essence) but also carry ordinary swords. It is these droughts that caused there to be varying technologies throughout Viemera, as if the 15th century Renaissance and early 19th century Industrial Revolution eras occurred simultaneously.

The Goddess has been noted to be able to do many strange and fantastic things, which many would term ‘magical’. However, it is a product of Seed, which is behind all great mysteries. The Goddess is not the only one who possesses paranormal powers; in fact, while uncommon it is not so rare to find many other individuals with fantastic powers, just to a lesser extent. There are people in Viemera born with a gift that manifests at the age of 16 for boys and 14 for girls.

These people are called Saturates because they have a higher saturation of seed in them than normal and their gift is two-fold: the first is the ability to directly convert the potential power of Seed into the refined power of Essence within their own bodies and even store a small amount for later use. The second is their unique ability to utilize Essence. Saturates are gifted with other special abilities and powers and can be placed into three distinct categories;

Summoners:
Spoiler:

Users:
Spoiler:

Manipulators:
Spoiler:
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Viemera Empty Re: Viemera

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:22 pm

This looks really interesting, Loki! I would be game for participating in this role-play. I think it would be fun to write as a Summoner. I hope other people find this is as intriguing as I do!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm definitely interested in this! It reminds me of a Final Fantasy story, and I love anything Final Fantasy, so this definitely has me hooked. Hopefully you get enough interest to go along with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenroses Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:58 am

This sounds intriguing. I'm interested also.
ravenroses
ravenroses
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Glad to see this is generating a good amount of interest. I'm going to get started on the OOC thread in CS, should be done in a few days. Also, I will be needing somebody to play as the goddess character in this RP if anybody is interested.

Initially she starts with a power similar to the Saturates. As time progresses, along with her understanding of the Seed and Essence, she will become more adept at manipulating almost anything she desires. The Goddess will have a lot of influence over the direction the RP flows. Several parties will be involved that will try to manipulate her, or even try to assassinate her, while others will do their best to protect and keep her untainted by the many vices of the world. I will go into more detail with this in the OOC, but I figured I'd post the position for any interested candidates.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:28 pm

It's different from what I normally do, but what the hell, everybody needs something new to do. Count the Quakernuts in!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:08 am

I'm definitely interested. Got family in for the weekend....I'll try to catch up shortly.

**Edit - If no one's spoken for it, I'd like to have a go at the Goddess role. My question is, does the character necessarily have to start out 'good and righteous'? Or can she have a shady past that changes within the RP?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down