FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

+6
Fallenknight13X
Sunwolf007
Silvan Arrow
quakernuts
Digital Muse
Loki
10 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 17 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:22 am

Thanks for the help with the character! I appreciate it. I did put up a post. Probably carp but at least I tried to move everything along and show Owen's discontent with being blindsided with an attack. Who knows if it was any good. Anyway I am looking forward to getting back into this RP! I have a feeling epic fights are coming up!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 17 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Loki Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:10 am

Epic fights are indeed coming up. Though I want to mention, just as a note, that Owen seemed to have used a lot of energy in the duel, and even more when healing. I just wanted to make sure that people are aware that Essence is limited (with the exception of the leyline) and exhaustion is a predominant sign of prolonged use.

Anyways, Plague is in the process of reading through the RP and has drafted up a CS for a character that will shortly be introduced into the group. We have worked out a background that should allow him to be worked in with relative ease. The primary villain's role was too planned out at this point to allow another person to take control without being greatly limited in their ability to roleplay. And yes, he still plans on answering Sun's question regarding what he thinks of the RP as a whole. Smile
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 am

Ah, so Plague is still joining after all? Is his character joining the main group, or is he playing a different villain? And is he also going to fight a Magi? I'm very curious... Razz

Can't wait for more epic fights to commence!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:38 pm

His character will be joining the main group and yes he will be fighting a Magi. I figured that pairing him up against your ice Magi would make for an interesting battle (you'll see why once he posts his CS) and Plague will make one to take up against Owen.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Loki wrote: Though I want to mention, just as a note, that Owen seemed to have used a lot of energy in the duel, and even more when healing. I just wanted to make sure that people are aware that Essence is limited (with the exception of the leyline) and exhaustion is a predominant sign of prolonged use.

I know. Right now Owen doesn't feel it though since his rage is blinding him. Just wait until they start walking around trying to leave the town. Laughing So we got another joining us. That's cool. I am looking forward to hearing what he thinks about the RP. Hopefully soon I will be able to finish creating a character for the magi fight.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:31 pm

I'm so curious to see what kind of character Plague is creating to join the group! Is it a Summoner? A User? Manipulator? What's his/her background? Are the other characters going to like him/her or will he/she drive them all crazy? Ah, the beauty of character development ^_^

Plaaaaague, post your CS soon!!! Excited
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:47 pm

DID I MAKE IT?! IS SILVAN STILL IN ONE PEICE?!

*notices chunks of something laying around*

...well, moving right along then. I have read this RP of yours, and I must say, well done! Your posts are thick and meaty, with character development flying out the ying yang. The battles are short and sweet, yet satisfying. And there are some entertaining as all hell scenes, if I may say so. Like when the young goddess flat up tells Tsume "no." For whatever reason, be it Tsume whirling around with his mouth slightly agape, or a lethal monk being bossed around by a primadonna, I just can't stop laughing whenever I read that. So, I place a pat on all of your backs(except you Quaker. I can't pat my nemisis.) in congradulations! You've done some fantastic work, and I can't wait to throw my own hat into this mix.

And now, without furter ado, the moment Silvan has been waiting for...behold! My character!

Name: Tal Kaperray
Weapon(s): - A war hammer sporting a rather sharp head, Tal’s lack of formal weapon training is made up by the weapon’s long sweeps and incredible power. It’s often carried around on Tal’s shoulder.
- Tal’s skull, thanks to Darren, has hardened into quite the impressive piece of bone over the years, enabling him to smash it into things with only minor discomfort and minor headaches.
Appearance: Tal is easily summed up in one word. Fuzzy. His dusty black hair is messy, and kept out of his face under a dirty old grey bandanna that has obviously seen better days. Thick mutton chops roll down the side of his face, wild and untamed, still the vibrant dark of his youth, although small flecks of grey are starting to pop up through out. A thick goatee sprouts from his chin, and his eyebrows are rather bushy.
His body is thick and muscled, calloused and scarred all over, giving him quite the rough appearance, although the lopsided toothy smile permanently attached to his face really takes the edge of what could be an intimidating man. His eyes are ivory white, and sparkle with mischief more befitting a child than a grown man.
His upper torso is generally left bare, the only real clothing on his arms being a pair of rusting iron bracers. His legs are covered by a pair of well worn jeans, torn and tattered in all manner of ways. Thick boots protect his feet from the elements(and wayward boxes).
Personality: Tal is a happy man with a love of drink, and good company. Despite a gruff appearance, he has a heart of polished gold, and rarely refuses those in need of a hand or a shoulder. His resolve is powerful, and every problem is faced with head on determination, sometimes literally. A little trusting at times, Tal prefers to see the good in people before he goes looking for the bad. Under pressure, he’s excitable, and can get a bit ahead of himself, but when you find yourself surrounded, Tal will be right there at your back, smiling wide and talking of good it’ll be to be back home.
Type: Summoner
Powers: Summon Darren - Darren is a massive Rhino, roughly 3000 lbs and 6 feet tall at the shoulder. He is capable of transporting three people with ease and for an extended period of time. Three massive horns sprout from his snout, although the center horn’s tip has broken off. His body has a coppery green colour, darkening the closer it gets to his face. Darren’s grey eyes often seem to stare off into space, as the rhino is prone to daydreaming. Most of his days are spent napping and lazing with Tal, and the two have a bond that seems more akin to childhood friends than summoner and summon. Once stirred to action, Darren is swift and loud in his response, caring little for stealth and tactics, bulldozing all opposition to Tal’s objective with reckless abandon. Enemies are either run through, or trampled underfoot, or, in the unluckiest of cases, gored on Darren’s horns. Darren is docile, just like his summoner, but fearsome when he chooses to fight.
Summon Helmet - Tal’s summon object is a helmet that covers the entirety of his face, made of a glossy black metal with the strength of forged steel. Aside from protecting Tal’s valuable noggin, it enables him to use the full force of his impressive neck and head strength to throw some powerful head butts.
Bio: Tal’s life has always been one of labour. Born in Somer, his father a sailor and his mother a tailor, working with his hands ran in his blood, and even as a babe he liked nothing more than building up his blocks, and then smashing them over, only to repeat the process over and over till it was dinner time. His father wasn’t always around, but his mother was a woman of the earth, and taught him well, and when dad was home, there were stories of distant places and wondrous people, legends of sea beasts and mighty storms. Of course, his father taught him some of the finer things in life, like how to scare the girls down the street with a toy spider, or how to toss your friends into the waves without beaning them on the rocks.
And above all, about honour. How a real man will stand by his friends, comrades, and allies till the bitter end. Helping those who needed it, and bringing the corrupt to justice. As he grew into a man, Tal has always held the lessons his father taught him close to his heart.
At sixteen, Tal’s power’s manifested themselves one night when he found himself being mugged by a group of rather desperate thieves. A dagger at his throat, Tal quickly fumbled for his money when the form of Darren erupted into life in a brilliant flash, chasing off the would-be thieves with a simple snort and a pound of his mighty foot. The laidback creature casually explained its presence, before hoisting the teen by the seat of his pants and promptly dragging him home. His parents were less than pleased with the mugging, and more than ecstatic at his newfound abilities. The city soon felt crowded though, for the teen and his large eternal companion.
Moving onto the mainland when he was 17, Tal quickly found himself a job working as a dock hand, and for awhile, the repetitive labour was enough to keep him satisfied. His days under the sun with Darren, his nights in the taverns with his friends, life was simple and good. For 6 years, it was all he need.
However, wander lust had others plans, slowly sinking in, making the city grow cramped and stagnant. His thoughts drifted more and more to the world outside, until finally he gave in. Tal, without warning or any seconds thoughts, promptly told his employer that he was retiring, and used what money he had to purchase himself(at Darren’s recommendation) a war hammer and set out onto the wide open road. Ever since, he’s lived the life of the vagabond. No real destination in sight, just Tal, Darren, and a whole world of wonders to explore.
An ally of the Temple in recent years, Tal has received word via messenger hawk that the goddess has been discovered, and is being moved to the safety of the Goddess’s Temple, and was requested to catch up with the group to provide additional support.

...Annndddd I have no idea how to fix whatever the hell is wrong with that, soooo...squint if you want to read it? Hope you all like it!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:45 pm

I'm in love!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:44 am

*blink blink* Huh? What? Why is my arm lying over there? And my leg? OH CRAP!!! affraid

Five minutes (and some hasty plastic surgery) later...

Heck yes! Another Summoner! Me likey! It's neat to see a Summoner with a land creature as opposed to the winged companions of Tsume and Eri. Speaking of Eri, my muse is going nuts imagining the character interactions that will ensue between her/Arashi and Tal/Darren. Somehow it just seems that his happy-go-lucky personality will grate against Eri's serious disposition and make for some very entertaining moments.

I'm so glad you've enjoyed reading the RP and are joining us, Plague! It's been far too long since we RP'd together!

EDIT: So when are we advancing the story? Are we still waiting on Quaker to post? Even though I have a crapload of work coming up as well as exams, I'm ridiculously excited to see what happens next!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:49 pm

I will make a post as soon as I have a chance. There are a few other RPs that are still waiting on me and I work every day for the next week and a half. It's hard to say for sure when I'll get a post up, but I'll try to get one up sometime this week.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:56 pm

No worries, Loki. I have a crapload of work all due Tuesday, and exams start this week. You do what you have to do, and we'll be awaiting your return!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:18 am

Yeah with exams coming up I am going to be busy as well. Loki if you do jump ahead I plan on Owen pushing himself to the point he passes out from exhaustion so if you could include that I would be very appreciative.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Wheee...the timing could not have been better with your post, Loki! And I loved reading yours as well, Muse! I just finished my first exam today and have been mentally out of commission, which means I could actually write a post! I probably won't be able to post again until sometime next week. I have to study over the weekend for my next (and last) exam. Then I get to pack all my stuff and move it to the house I'm renting with two of my classmates before making the haul back home for Christmas. I was feeling unusually inspired for being so braindead, so hopefully this extra-long post will make up for me not being around much for the next few days.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:08 am

Name: Branom
Appearance: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 17 UdonisMagiCropped

Equipment:
- Ornate War Scythe
- Curved Ornate Short Sword

Type: Manipulator

Abilities: Corpse Manipulation - Branom has the disgusting ability to animate the dead. Extending his essence into the corpse, he reanimates and raises it into a functioning body capable of doing his bidding. These corpse puppets feel nothing, and are capable of far exceeding the natural limitations a mind places upon a body to prevent damage, exhibiting near super-human capabilities as a result.

All commands are issued through a mental link, meaning if Branom is to do anything aside from command his puppet, he must think for two heads with only one mind. Years of practice have honed this ability to the point where it rarely presents a problem to Branom. Should his concentration be broken however, the corpse body will perform the last command given, before collapsing to the ground.

His ability is limited to only one corpse, but with focus, he is capable of restoring a corpse back up to a functioning state, enabling him to rebuild his puppets time and time again, so long as his stamina holds out. With enough essence, Branom can even full rebuild a body, making it look like a living human being.

His essence manifests in a pale bluish glow around his eyes while using it.

Oh Owen! Death rides on his Pale Horse, and son...HE'S CALLING YOU OUT! LET'S ROCK.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Sorry fer the double post, but I wanted to let you all know I have posted with Tal!

*cue nervous feelings and thoughts of how good it was*

Hopefully you don't bludgeon me with rocks. Also, just so you don't think me inept, all of the poorly spelt words in Tal's speak are intentional. He has a bit of an accent(think scottish/sailor), and I'm trying to convey it the best I can. If you've got some suggestions, please let me know! I'd love to make it better and more fluid.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:09 pm

I really enjoyed your post, Plague! I wasn't expecting Tal to have an accent, but I think it works really well with his laid back personality. I love the interactions between Tal and Darren in particular; it's nice to see into another Summoner/Summon partnership after spending so much time writing Eri and Arashi's interactions. And I about started laughing when Darren knocked down...I'm assuming it was Jake, based on the term desperado? Great job, Plague!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:02 am

Nice posts! I got one up to push things along. I hope to have my layline character shored but on Mon. or Tue. Exams are getting in the way of completing my character outlines. Sorry for the hassle.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:25 am

No worries, Sunwolf. I also need to spend the weekend studying for an exam on Monday, and then I have to move before going home for the holidays. Nice post, by the way! I think I'll use the opening you gave for Eri to try and make her peace with Owen after he's done talking with Loki. She's pretty much at the breaking point with all the interpersonal tensions.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Name: Roshan I. Pierce

Appearance:

He is about 5’8” and has brown hair and blue eyes. He doesn’t look like a human weapon which is what makes him a great assassin. He plays himself off as a passing businessman on vacation. His weapon of choice is his light manipulation but he will use his throwing knives (he has 4) or his wakizashi (2 foot bladed sword).

Spoiler:

Type: Light Manipulator

Abilities: Has the ability to manipulate light and do a multitude of things with it:

Envelope himself and move at light speed to another location.
Use light to create a beam of heat energy that causes damage.
Use light to create a shield around himself.
Use light to create an image of anything he wants to distract his opponent.
Use light to make himself invisible by creating an image of his surroundings around himself.
Use light to blind opponents with a bright flash.

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed lightspeed moving ability)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:59 pm

I love how we have such a great variety of Magi characters now. They should make for fantastic RP fight fodder when we reach the leyline! Oh, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm done with exams and back home for Christmas, so I should have plenty of time to RP now.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:44 pm

To be honest, I'm kind of worried about the whole "Moving at light speed" one, but I'll let it be for the moment. Other than that, good job Sun. Should be a good fight!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:43 am

I have the same concerns as Quaker. I would prefer if he did not have the ability to travel at the speed of light since it is way beyond the scope of reason.

To give you some indication as to what you are asking, I'll give him a reaction time that is four times faster than that of a normal human. In the time it would take for him to activate and release this power, he would 9,315 miles from where he started.

I would also like to omit the light shield too. Considering you're going with the assassin persona, I would like to see him utilize more misdirection and a shield just doesn't seem to fit too well with such a character.

Since we are just a few rounds from getting into the combat, I would like to remind everybody that none of our primary characters will die in this encounter. RP for the dazzling exchanges and epic bouts, but understand that the Magi will not be killing their opponents. After all, that is not their objective.

The Magi will not have to die if the creator so wishes, there will be a point at the end of the battle for them to escape should you wish them to do so.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:57 am

I have no problem with removing instant travel. The way you explain it makes sense. I do have a slight problem with removing the shield though. Jake has enhanced strength plus the ability to move a solid mass of earth at a fast speed. If anyone gets hit by that they are going to get enough internal damage to knock them out with one hit that lands. I never said he would be good at using the shield. I just want it to cushion the blows delivered and make the fight last longer. It's not like he is going to be doing much damage with his sword or knives at close range. Besides versatility is the assassin's greatest weapon. Do you know how many different weapons ninja's used? A crazy amount when you consider that the Spartans only knew how to use a spear, sword and shield. Forgive my historical references but Ninjas could be considered the best assassins and Spartans the best warriors.

All I am saying is this: Jake can move faster, hit harder and defend himself against all of my guys attacks. Giving my guy a slight shield will make the fight last longer and not change the outcome. If you still want to deny me a shield that's fine since I plan on this guy dying anyway but I was hoping for epic death fight.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:12 am

Ninjas aren't really known to wield shields as far as I know, but I'm willing to compromise. I'll allow the shield as long as it is something more on par with an actual shield rather than some all-enveloping barrier.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:07 am

Ok I can work with that. I will pick one out from the huge list of shields out there. Something he culturally grafted on as a kid or something. I'll have it all figured out by the time I use him. Anyway I am really looking forward to the leyline fights.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:27 am

I'm not saying it needs to be a physical object, I'm saying that if he utilizes his light manipulation to create some sort of physical barrier that it needs to be given a limited area that is similar in size to its physical counterpart. It would seem a little overpowered if the shield completely enveloped his person considering his combat style.

Think of it more as a deflect blow and move type defense rather than turtle down and wait for an opening in the barrage of ineffective strikes.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:36 am

Yep I agree completely. Like I said I am only looking for something to cushion the blows and make the fight last longer. I was thinking a roman shield style. Mostly used to deflect blows from the front but useless for anything beyond that and in single person combat.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 am

Just so everybody knows. That collaborative post Muse just posted is a glimpse into the plot of a future Viemera RP. Wink
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 am

First off I can't wait to see what it is since it ties in with this one. Second I am sorry for the short post but since they were both agreeing to not kill each other there was no need for a long drawn out discussion like the last one.

The posts were awesome by the way. Can't wait to see what Loki's got up his sleeve!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 am

Sun, I'm going to specify some boundaries for Owen's time manipulation. I'll allow him to sense the time anomaly, but he would not know what that sensation was from. It wouldn't be until Raewyn explains what happened that you are able to place the two together and offer some validation to her claim.

As far as the limitations to your own time manipulation, it does not work in the same sense as Ian's since Owen wasn't born with it, making it unnatural to his mind and body. Ian is able to project his ability outward, but I want Owen's ability to remain mostly internal. As far as speeding and slowing time, it takes place mostly in his mind. He can move and react faster, but his body is still subject to the physical limitations of the world around him. Simply put, no matter how fast he moves, his body must be able to handle the speed.

Traveling hundreds of feet in a second would shred his muscles to ribbons at the very least. The ability of time manipulation has a tendency to wander into the realm of being overpowered and I want to make sure this does not happen. Ian's power is balanced by his constant emotional and mental turmoil, yours will be though the physical limitations I stated above.

Please note that this isn't a criticism or anything like that, I just wanted to clarify some boundaries to secure the integrity of the RP. If you don't mind, could you tweak your post to fit these stipulations? Also, if you are wanting to negotiate these terms, feel free to do so. Apart from that, the posts are looking great.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll throw up a Tsume post.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next