FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure

+4
Eternity
Digital Muse
Dio the Awesome
Kesteven
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure - Page 2 Empty Re: Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure

Post by Kesteven Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Good question. Has everyone left, or are people just all waiting on each other? It's possible that the lack of interaction isn't giving enough of a back-and-forth, and some of Igraine's post doesn't dovetail directly with what the other characters are up to. Or maybe people are just feeling uninspired?
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

http://www.dissoluteproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure - Page 2 Empty Re: Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure

Post by Digital Muse Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:03 pm

I know! I sure hope this hasn't fitzed out already. *give big sad puppy eyes*

Minions and I posted together in one post....waiting for others
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:05 pm

I thought we were supposed to post an introduction, and then a time-thingy happened? Am I wrong, 'cause if I am, I'll go post something now.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:21 pm

We were going to delay the time-thingy and just have Igraine's characters contact yours in their own eras. To recap Igraine's post, there's a hunter watching Tei sleep, a vampire is walking into Jinx' father's office, and a possessed woman is on her way to see Lamok. I think the best next move is probably for people to make their next posts bring them to interaction with these characters. Neschume, if you're still there, nobody has yet been 'sent' for Alva, so feel free to continue developing your own story, or run into Jinx and M4.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:25 pm

Ahhh k.

Will post shortly.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:16 pm

*blinks a bit* Honestly... not so sure?
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm sorry, up here in Canada we have an extra long weekend (dunno if it was the same for all you guys). so I went up to my parents. I was hoping to use their internet to post, but I got caught up with the moment, and forgot. I will post my next step tonight, and hopefully we can begin towards the time thing (perhaps during or around my 3rd or 4th post), I will PM Kesteven when I post.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:43 pm

I'll try to post by tonight.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:06 pm

YAY! Go team! (or something...less perky)
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:19 pm

POKE POKEPOKE!! Come on y'all. Post!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 pm

In all honesty, I was waiting for Igraine, and she was probably waiting for me. >.>
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Yuuuuusss... ? o.O I answered your PM a couple days ago, Dio... didn't hear back? XD
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:55 am

<.<
>.>

>.<

Would you like to continue then, or are you waiting for my to do more?
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:03 am

>.> I was actually waiting on you, Dio, to decide based on what we talked about... ?
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:35 am

I AM SORRY I AM SO FAIL EVERYONE!

I AM POSTING NOW AS I TYPE!!!

EDIT: I am done!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Diodri? It was woth the wait!!!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:00 am

okies Kesteven, it's your baby now... Wink
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:14 am

Ech, I'm not very good with babies. Neutral
Thanks for your patience though everyone, now we can really start bringing things together. If anyone feels like discussing their plans for plot and character development with me, which I encourage, my contact info is on my profile.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:44 pm

I posted?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tentacula Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Ok, this is my first attempt do create a character for a RPG.
Due to my lack of experience I will try to keep everything simple.
Feel free to criticize anything you might want to.

Name: N/A (see biography)

Era: Ancient

Race: Probably aberrant, but rather beast man

Sex: Male

Archtype: Fighter probably. He has the ability to transform into an „onza“ (a cougar-like cat of prey), at times, which greatly exhausts him. He is not capable of using any magic though.

Race and appearance: He has got short, brown hair, a tanned skin and a muscular, though brawny and slender body. His composure is extraordinarily straight. When he walks, his torso seems to „float“. He hardly ever smiles, but when he does he exposes sharp, bright, vampire-like teeth.
He seldom keeps eye contact and always has a far-distance gaze.

He probably once was a god of the aztecs, now, however, he only has the ability to mutate into an „onza“ and is bereft of using any magic (yet?).
Of course his onza-form is kind of powerful (Quicker and stronger than any normal cat of prey)

Biography: „He“ does not have an actual biography. He will just „wake up“ under some sort of circumstances, without any memory. Therefore he has no name at the beginning.

Traits

-Silent
-A quick runner, even if not transformed
-Hardly ever talks
-Seldom has any facial-expression
-Seldom showing any feelings
-Can transform into a cougar-like beast, an onza (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onza)
-Only the transformation costs him a lot of energy. He can't easily transform into an onza and back right away, as that would probably kill him. So after transformation he is forced to stay as he is for a while.
-Not familiar with politeness
-Not familiar with most things

I think thats it...
As u can see I used the clichè of the „I lost my memory and want to know who I am“-dude.

For further informations or if anything is not quite clear to you – ask!

Tentacula
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:17 am

If you think you can play that to good effect, you're in. Although people have been a bit quiet lately, I'm hoping that's temporary. You can introduce your character as you please, but it's probably best to run your ideas past me or Igraine to make sure they don't interfere with the overall narrative.

Btw, good post, Eternity.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:51 am

I don't know about anyone else...I've been waiting for you Kesteven....I guess I was waiting for some direction.

If you want us to continue, M4 and Jinx can certainly keep right on going.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:40 pm

If this is still open I believe I can put together a character.

Are then any restrictions on kind of character?

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Digital Muse wrote:I don't know about anyone else...I've been waiting for you Kesteven....I guess I was waiting for some direction.

^^^ This. Though I know I could reply something or other to Eternity's post (and no, I wasn't ignoring you hon, I swear), I'm waiting to see the OP's involvement?
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Ah, sorry, I didn't realise. Yes, if you don't mind I'd prefer you continue without me for now. I admit it's a bit strange for me to have no role in something I set up, but I'd like to hold back until I have a better idea of the direction this is going so I can try and build on it with a central plot rather than interfere with what you all already have going on, which is all very good stuff.

On the other hand, since Neschume hasn't posted in over a month I'm thinking of taking over his character as an NPC if he doesn't respond to pm as I see some potential there.

*Edit: Raptorman and Tentacula are accepted.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Name: Sythyss Elorielend though he normally just goes by an alias

Era: ancient but still around in modern times

Race: A fluke genetic aberration.

Sex: None really but I am going to call it a he

Appearance: His appearance varies greatly considering he can shape-shift to mimic other humanoids. His default form the one he was born with is about 6 feet tall. He stands very upright and rigid. His face is pale and completely blank looking more like an expressionless mask than a face when he is in his natural form, the rest of him looks almost like a mannequin cold and featureless when he is in that form. He can shift his clothing as well as his body and so his clothes switch forms with him. In his natural form he sunburns easily and so has adopted the custom of wearing very heavy black robes to keep form burning himself. When he takes another's form he takes it perfectly but he doesn't get their memories simply by shifting.

Archtype: don't know what he falls under sorry.

Biography: Sythyss was born about 5,000 years ago in a small tribal society that lived in central europe. When he was born he came out in his natural form and his mother believing she had given birth to a demon had him cast out thrown away so to speak. He was cast out and everyone including the mother believed it to be over. And for most it would have been after all few infants can survive on their own for any time at all. Sythyss was different. In a day he seemed to have grown to a small child and he managed to find enough food to survive. For the next several days after that he continued to scrape by and age rapidly until after 3 days his body was fully mature. At that point he stopped aging completely and hasn't seemed to age a day since then.

Sythyss did not know who his tribe had been or why he had been thrown out as he had no memory of it. He thought how he looked was how everyone looked. At least until he ran into another tribal group. He came towards them with open arms and they attempted to kill him. Leaving the one permanent wound his body has sustained. The only one he has suffered when in his natural form. A slashing blade split the right side of his face. It healed but is still visible if looked at the right way despite the paleness of his face. It also still pains him at times.

After receiving that welcome he ran off back into the woods and hid while he healed. For a long time he simply stayed in the woods. Eventually though he realized through a fluke occurrence that he could change his form. He had been asleep and dreaming about being attacked by the man who had sliced his face open. He woke up and went to get a drink from the stream and saw his reflection. He was to say the least shocked before he realized that this meant he would no longer be ostracized that he could rejoin society.

He rejoined society as he had hoped to and for a long time was simply happy to live with company and not to be a freak alone in the woods but over time and over the course of many lives lived he decided that he was tired of just living and that he needed a hobby of some kind. Naturally like most humans and similar beings he was drawn to power and he made it a goal of his to seek out and claim power in civilizations. This quest for power revealed to him his other gift. That he could learn about something simply by touching it. He could gain knowledge of a persons life through physical contact. Though he would only get rough knowledge not a book on the persons life.

Even the quest for power got old eventually and now he simply seeks to find one like him another of his kind in the world. Well that and he still enjoys adventure because lets face it he doesn't have much to do.

Traits:
He can shapshift and polymorph his clothing. He can only shift into humanoids.
He can gain a rough knowledge of something through physical contact with it.
He heals quickly and can take a surprising amount of abuse before he would die
He also doesn't age.
He is proficient with a large number of weapons of both modern and ancient varieties

Weaknesses-
Well he has no magical powers other than shifting.
He cannot use magic not that he hasn't tried before.
Is still pained by old injury that for some reason has never fully healed and still is highly painful and annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:31 am

Uh I deleted my first post because apparently it had the need for several major changes that were pointed out to me.

It will be back up later and I request that you reread it if you already read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:34 pm

It's probably easier simply to edit the post rather than deleting and reposting it.

Anyway, Just to let you guys know I'll be away over the weekend, and might not post much if at all during that time.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:55 pm

All righty - I'll just say that I'm not really comfortable being left "to our own devices" to make an RP where the OP is conspicuously absent in the whole thing. When I sign on for one, I generally assume the person creating the RP (barring one-on-ones) usually has a general idea, plot or theme, concerning where things are going. No, nothing set in stone - just an idea of some conflict, or voyage, or story line where things are headed. Of course things can change as things go along - and often do - to accommodate the other RPers and their ideas, but still...

Basically, I thought you had something in mind, Kesteven, when this started. I simply do not have the time to OP this thread, even though my move date has been pushed back a couple weeks, I'll finish what I can this weekend, but not so much after that at all. Feel free to take over Iuratar as soon or as late as you'd like.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:11 am

OK, fair enough. I wasn't really intending to leave so much to you anyway, it just kind of fell like that. I do have a story of sorts but putting the plot hooks into it and sharpening it to better fit the characters is usually something I can do on the fly, I guess trying to include a demon in the mix was too much for me. I'll try and post something with a bit more direction to it when I get back, thanks for your contributions so far Igraine and I hope your move goes well.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next