FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure

+4
Eternity
Digital Muse
Dio the Awesome
Kesteven
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure Empty Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure

Post by Kesteven Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Unimaginable power, but at what cost?

Void Shifters is essentially a time-travel adventure set in a world of magic. While the setting by its nature spans quite a range of genres, 'adventure' is probably the key one, as that embodies the sense of energy and suspense I'm going for. My intent is to create a world which allows for wild flights of fancy without compromising the drama and intensity of a proper narrative.

Where it goes will depend largely on which directions players decide to take, but for more information about the setting, rules, and what's already been established, see the Void Shifters article on DissoluteWiki. I'll be using this private wiki to organise most of the information about characters and plot points to provide a quick reference, and players are entirely welcome to add their own pages and information, although you will have to register an account to do so.

To join the RP, just post a character sheet in this thread, or add it to the wiki yourself. If it meets the requirements I'll accept it and add it to the character list, if not I'll try and suggest ways to make it more suitable. If you have any questions about the setting or suggestions of your own I'll be happy to hear them.

Remember that the world is NOT Earth, so to avoid confusion it's best to avoid referencing actual countries or events in backstory.

Links:
VS on DissoluteWiki (Includes Character Sheets)
In Character

Last edited by Kesteven on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:12 pm; edited 10 times in total
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

http://www.dissoluteproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure Empty Re: Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Firgured I may as well throw my profile on here.

Name: Lamok Ristari

Era: Hyper

Race: Human

Sex: Male

Appearance: Lamok is a wiry tall man, with a bit of a hunched back, suggesting he's been crouched over one too many desks. He is surely not a fighter, as anyone could tell by his frame. If anything, he could stand to gain several pounds. His hair is generally kept immaculate. His dark brown waves extending backwards behind his ears, and ending just at the shoulders in a cropped fashion, with two bundles left in front of his face. His eyes are a pale blue, which is unsettling to most, but it hardly matters because he wears welding goggles most of the time. His lab coats are designed to be efficient, keeping the skin protected against chemicals, fires, and tools, while allowing for freedom of movement. His coats are always white, and they always have an assortment of pockets.

Archtype: Sleuth, I suppose. Lamok is an inventor and a scholar. While he is currently working closely with HesTech Robotics, he constantly works on other projects and inventions. His current device is a mind probe, designed to increase brain capacity and power. It's in the design stages...

Biography: Lamok is the brain child of a brilliant scientist name Randal E. Cunnings. Lamok was a test tube baby, breed from the genes most noted for intelligence and drive. He was also brought up under brilliant scientist from every field imaginable, wanting to study and teach him. Surrounded by a wealth of information, it's no wonder why Lamok became like his 'father', and pursued the scientific arts.

Unfortunately, no experiment is ever perfect. While Lamok may be one of the smartest humans alive, he suffers from a fractured mind. At times it is difficult for him to control his thoughts, as they spiral in many different directions. This hinders him in making quick decisions, and even hard to understand while he talks. Since his fathers passing, he has been inventing in his lab, which he inherited, working for which ever company will have him on. He is currently stationed at HesTech Robotics, developing a new machine, but don't ask him about it, it's hush hush.

Traits:

Math, geometry, physics, robotics, biology, chemistry, neurology, electronics, and every other -ology and -ics you could think of is Lamok's domain. There is rarely a question he does not have an answer to, or can not figure out. Lamok is the very definition of a prodogy.

However, he is physically weak, not used to hard labor. machines do most of his heavy lifting, so he has little in the way of self defense. Oh, except his death rays.

Lastly, Lamok is dying. He has suspected for some time that his brain is slowly killing itself. A normal human was not meant to contain so much knowledge, and it is beginning to take a toll on Lamok's health and sanity. He only hopes he can find a solution to the problem, before he loses his mind.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure Empty Re: Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure

Post by Digital Muse Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm trying to come up with an original character for this, rather than re-hashing an old favorite I might have in my files. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

*Hint *Hint
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:10 am

Well, I can't offer that much advice... when I want to play a new character I usually just try and identify the themes I usually stick to and then throw myself down the opposite end of the spectrum, since I'm at my most creative when I can't just slip back into my usual ways. Then again, that can result in a character that's less fun to play, because it often turns out that I stick to those themes for a reason.

In terms of the setting, pretty much everything I have to say is already in the character creation guide.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:01 am

Name: Mary Elizabeth Dunraven (Jinx)

Era: Imperial

Race: Metasomal

Sex: Female

Appearance: Jinx has 3 basic forms as a shape-shifter; human, demi and bird. She cannot stop between any of these forms nor shift only part of her anatomy. If unconscious, her natural form is human. Her clothes do not shift with her.

In her Human form, she is a girl of roughly 23 years of age, with razored, wild black hair. Her eyes are dark and appear very large behind wire-rimmed spectacles. She is perpetually smiling and when particularly amused, her laugh widens her mouth to what almost seems like an unnatural width. She has a prominent Roman nose and is particularly thin. Her build is so slender, she can easily pass for a boy, should she choose to. Jinx is 5 feet 5 inches tall and she has a penchant for wildly brightly colored clothes, preferably silks.

Her Demi form, or what the Ancients dubbed ‘chrinos’, is an obscene mix of human and raven. However it is far larger than the two original forms and often attributed by unknowing humans to being demon-powered (it is not). In this form, Jinx is nearly 8 feet tall and her wing span is almost 15 feet with metal-infused wing tips used for slashing. She has clawed feet, and beak capable of biting off limbs. While this sounds impressive, Jinx is anything but a combat monster, preferring bluffing her way out of situations or simply running away. If cornered, she can cause an impressive amount of damage with her claws, beak and the silver-edged wing tips. But, her entire goal is to escape, not win.

In bird form, she is a large black Raven with the ability to understand human speech, but cannot speak it.

Archetype: Sneak

Biography: Born into the Imperial age, Mary was a sickly child, prone to harrowing infections, and uncounted broken bones which healed eventually. Her parents where members of the nobility and as such, attracted alchemists, Quacks, pseudo-scientists and inventors, all clamboring for a patronage in exchange for ‘curing’ their only child of her ills. Mary’s mother was especially susceptible to the false claims of the line of petitioners and poured hundreds of thousands of dollars in the vain hope that her precious child could be cured.

One old man, however, stood out among the others. He didn’t ask for money. He didn’t give false hopes. He simply asked for a lock of Mary’s hair. Bewildered, but intrigued, Catherine Dunraven, did as the old man asked. In a short ritual, which was disappointingly dull, in Catherine’s mind, the old man announced that their daughter was not ill and was not in danger of dying. She was a pre-metasomal. A were-creature. He also informed Mary’s mother that her daughter would be an Avian of some kind, given her record of broken bones. He then bowed and took his leave, slipping some of Mary’s unburned hair into his pocket without Catherine noticing.

Mary grew and shifted for the first time after an argument with her father concerning her future. Namely, he was arranging an advantageous marriage for her and she refused to cooperate. The shift was slow and incredibly painful. It left Mary so exhausted once she became a Raven that she could not even stand. It took her 3 days to manage to shift back to human, with many false starts and shifts to her demi form along the way.

Given her magical nature and uncontrolled shape-shifting, any plans to marry Jinx to an advantageous suitor were scrapped. While magic and science were being assiduously explored and exploited, it still held a taint of fear for the majority of the population. It made Mary unsuitable as a bride in the rarified air of the nobility. And that suited her just fine.
She spent her days and nights learning about her new ability. Irrepressible and happy, she learned to read people. Her enhanced perceptions allowing her to notice details no one else could see. She began to learn the meaning of those tell-tale signs and became involved in the Department of Defense under her Father’s tuteledge. She started sneaking out at night to test her skills and found she had a knack for gambling and espionage. No one ever looked up, she observed. As such, her bird form allowed her unprecedented success in following people, access to high office buildings and she could carry away unguarded papers or even better, gems and jewelry.

Traits: disarming personality, fast talk, sneak, appraise, Mimicry (speech, voice patterns, any sound she’s heard), near perfect recall, flight, bluff, able to calculate odds (gambling), read people, unerring gift for learning secrets or detecting lies. Jinx’s abilities stem from her ability to read the tiniest clues in people’s body language, facial expressions, even scent to ferret out lies or avoidance. She picks up minute cues and reads them like a book. She’s a gifted ‘cold reader’. This gets her information and allows her to exploit it like no other. She has an amazing insight into human nature which gives her the ability to anticipate hiding places, motivations, possible plans and thus, stealing or acquiring items from her target is all a game for her. She’s not a gambler, but she does play cards with alarming success. Everyone has a ‘tell’ and she takes full advantage.

Flaws: chatterbox, easily distracted, dangerously curious, hollow bones (even in Human form), if frightened or overtly stressed, Jinx may shape-shift unwillingly. Depending on the setting, this can be exceedingly dangerous or could jeopardize the job she’s on. Unlike the werewolves of legend, Jinx is not susceptible to silver. Just the opposite; she is susceptible to gold.

Magic: Body transformation (were-creature), Create Sunshine, Razor Feathers, Read Auras,
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Void Shifters - Fantasy Mystery Adventure Divas_10

Name: Teicuh (Tee-aye-cuh) / "Tei" (Tee-aye)

Era: Ancient

Race: Human/other

Sex: female

Appearance: Tei, being a Sun Dancer, has a lean frame and deeply tanned bronze skin. She stands about 5'5, and is usually dressed in little attire, always tribal and earthen colored. She is most often found in a bikini top with bronze leather undertones and a thin beige silk over it with tiny copper plates- penny-sized- crossing over the edge, that rises up in a halter tie behind the neck. Her bottoms are usually (in casual sense) long oxen breeches of dark brown, with a belt of smooth white cotton strings and long tassels in the front; with bear claws hanging from the sides. Her feet are covered in simple moccasins. Along her wrists can be found several copper bangles, and on her fingers a few copper rings. Along her neck is a somewhat loose choker with a copper sun at the end hanging between her clavicles.
-
Teicuh has long dark hair that falls a few inches past her shoulders in thick ebony curls. Her lips are full and smooth, above which is a smooth softly-rounded nose. Her eyes are almond-shaped and dark, outlined by long dark lashes and black paint that marks her eyes. Her brows are thin and her overall facial structure gently sloping.

Archetype: MacGuffin/other

Biography: Born in a rising empire called Anu'kechi, Teicuh was the daughter of a Shamanistic Priest and a temple maiden. Her birth was frowned upon at once, being the child of the temple deity's highest Shaman, and a maiden of the temple. But after a passing few months, Bu'kai- the deity worshiped by the Anu'kechi- had decidedly spoken that Teicuh was a gift, and she was then to be his child. So Tei was thus taken from her parents and into the high hands of the ''deity'' Bu'kai.
-
Growing up, she was taught by a woman named Ula'i (Ew-la-ee) how to be a Sun Dancer. It was the ancient art of dancing for the Sun God to bring forth bright paths and clear skies; and to usher on the continuation of days when the darkness clouded the sun (eclipses). Her father was known to the rest of the Anu'kechi as Bu'kai. Upon the age of courtship (14-16), she was quickly famed as the half-blood maiden. Her first love was a 20-year old Anu'kechi warrior named Ahexotl. He came to her for her hand in marriage early on, and she quickly accepted. But denied by her ''father'', Bu'kai, she was thrust back into the temple to stay virginal and holy. She was said to never love a man for it would make her heart unfaithful to the Sun and to her father. But Tei resisted her father's wishes, sneaking out into the world to run away from Anu'kechi with Ahexotl.
-
A year was spent, as Ahexotl and Teicuh made their way to a new place, called Muzai. The deity worshiped by Muzai was seen by none, and heard in dreams. He was a miraculous figure, who took her in as the Muzai Sun Dancer. And on came her first eclipse. She danced, and the sun rose forth from behind the dark shadow. It was that coming day, she realized that her lover Ahexotl was gone, and that Mizokuboa- the deity of the Muzai- had as well disappeared. Ahexotl had been murdered by the false deity Bu'kai, and Mizokuboa had gone forth to fight the so-called demon Bu'kai. Teicuh realized then the very danger of her existence for the people of Muzai, who she had now befriended. So Teicuh set off again, claiming in her heart that love was dead; and that her destiny was a lonesome one. When she disappeared, they believed her too, to be dead (though she is not dead).
-
Now she wanders the empires, as tales travel with her being. Oral folklore speak that she is the demon's dead daughter, a spirited Sun Dancer who walks for the Sun, her only undying lover.

Traits: Courage, strength, persistence, endurance, wisdom, weather/ancient meteorology, dancing, singing, creative, curious, selfless, upfront, solemn, etc...
-
She has several strong traits ability-wise that make her a good ally. One of which was previously mentioned.
~Meteorology: Tei has the ability to note weather changes to come via wind patterns, humidity, air pressure, sun positioning and brightness, and so on and so forth. She knows what times it is best to travel, and what times to take shelter from oncoming weather dangers.
~Healing: Tei has the very slight ability to heal. Being a Shamanistic Priest's daughter by birth, she has been born with such. Though this ability is usually limited to her ability to stop one's bleeding. From there, she has a good grip on holistic healing that includes the use of salves and herbs to aid ailments and she as well can stitch wounds with just about anything makeshift.
~Dawn: Tei can call forth the Sun via dancing, but only when it is near rising. When she calls it, she can cause the sun to rise faster, or she can shift the clouds to allow it to be seen.
~Shine: Tei can dance for the Sun and bring its light down upon the Earth once it has risen. Reasons for this would be during storms or dark weather.
~Holding Light: Tei can dance for the Sun to keep it from setting, causing the night to be postponed. Doing this wears her out more than some other dances, but it can allow a longer day-span and can help allow her to travel further before settling for night's coming.
~Eclipse: Tei's main dance is for Eclipses. She ''pulls'' the Sun from behind the dark shadow by dancing for the Sun God.

Flaws: She tends to find lonesome travel in her best interest, thus does not take to help well. She is a very independent woman, and disfavors any kind of say-so that she is unable to continue on like this. As well, she does not speak often, and doesn't know language very well as she was never required to speak. The only language she does know she was taught by Ahexotl and Mizokuboa. She can easily come off as non-social because of her inability to understand or speak much of the common language. Also, she does not like the night nor the dark, and finds it hard to bear. At night, she believes she can hear the war cries of Bu'kai and Mizokuboa as they battle to the death.

Magic: It is said that when she dances, she brings forth clear skies and the Sun's guiding light. This is purely ritual, but somehow, there is meaning to these tales of her power. As well, she is a Shaman's daughter; thus beholds some instinctual yet faint knowledge of spiritualistic (magic-based) and holistic healing.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:29 am

Those look like good characters to me, welcome aboard.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Grrr, I wish more people would join this, it looks very interesting.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:01 am

Well, I'm glad at least someone else feels that way. I'm somewhat tempted to start the IC right now to try and attract people, but if it moves on too quickly with just a few of us it might have the opposite effect.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:03 am

Let me see If I can recruit a friend of mine to it
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:38 am

Are Demons still an option as playable characters?
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Yes, but that's kind of experimental, I haven't tried it yet and I don't know how well it'd work to have players on such different levels. I wouldn't have made it available as an option if I didn't think it was worth a try, though.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by M4Minion Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:00 pm

I was pointed here by a friend. Thought I'd throw my name into the hat.

Name: Unit M4-02

Race: Construct

Archtype: Fighter

Appearance: M4-02 is a sturdy built, steam engine driven robot. It stands more than eight feet tall, and nearly six feet wide at the shoulders. Its body is constructed from overlapping plates of various metals, including steel, iron, bronze, tin, and even lead. These plates are bound and sealed together by rings and rivets of brass.

Its arms have near human like shoulder and elbow joints, and are long enough that they nearly reach the ground when the construct is walking upright. Each arm ends in a crude three fingered ‘hand’, which is capable of clenching into a fist for attacking, thanks to the knuckle joints in the fingers. Its legs are shaped more like the hind legs of a dog or horse, bending backwards from the thigh, and then forwards again at the knee, with a wide foot which is made of individual metal struts, allowing for smooth walking even over uneven ground.

The center of its chest slides down, revealing its ‘mouth’ as a group of spinning grinders, used to devour wood to fuel its engine. The exhaust system for the engine rises from its back and shoulders, in four brass smokestacks, constantly spilling forth thin wisps of gray smoke.

The construct does speak, in a monotone male human voice, and when it moves, the grinding of the gears inside its body can be heard quite clearly.

Biography: Unit M4-02 was built with one task in mind. Protection. Constructed in the year SC1925, it was sent back to BSC218 to complete its duty. A tragic turn of events lead to it being separated from the subject of its watch. It settled into the woods, where fuel was plentiful, and began a search of the surrounding area, hoping to find its missing subject. At first, it would venture out daily, picking a direction and moving as far as it could before having to return to its base camp to refuel. As years began to pass, the trips out would become less frequent. Once a week… once a month… and eventually, it simply forgot what it was looking for.

It knows that it exists to protect, it just can’t remember what it’s supposed to protect, or from what it is supposed to be protected from.

It kept leaving its home in the woods every so often, usually in one hundred year intervals, until a time when it noticed people wearing clothing that looked similar to what its builder had worn so long ago. It even saw other machines that seemed to be constructed in similar ways to its own body. It decided to venture out into this oddly familiar world, in hopes of finding what it lost.

Traits: Unit M4-02 was built with massive physical strength and durability, though using its strength for prolonged periods of time can drain its fuel reserves, forcing it to consume more than is normally necessary. It can also gain a temporary boost in strength by consuming extra fuel, and burning it immediately to power its engines.

As the soul bound to the construct was custom made for the job, it has very little of what people would call ‘personality’. It exists simply to protect.

Flaws: Unit M4-02 can become nearly obsessive if it finds something to protect. To the point that it may accidentally harm what it is trying to keep safe, in an effort to protect it. It must consume fuel equivalent to at least ten pounds of wood per day, in order to keep functioning.

Due to years stranded alone, its memory is poor. It does well to remember faces and names, let alone missions and details of the world.

The size of its body, as well as the sound of the gears that let it move make it very difficult for the construct to be in any way stealthy. Or even hide, at all.

M4Minion
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:16 am

Some of this will remain necessarily vague while the exact extent of a demon's powers are hammered out, but for a preliminary I hope it will do. Kesteven, please check your PMs:

Name: Iuratar [ pronounced ee-OO-rah-tar ] (also known through the ages as “The Lady of Sorrows,” “Grief’s End,” “The Handmaiden of Woe” and the “Song of Lament”)

Species: Demon

Sex: Neither, though for the sake of description, actions and appearances, she seems and acts female.

Era: N/A

Appearance: In her humanoid form, Iuratar appears as a hauntingly beautiful woman of indeterminate age, with pale, ivory skin, silver-white hair, and eyes as black as the void. She is always tall – well over six feet, and particularly gaunt, almost frail-looking. Should she choose to appear personally in any era, she will appear clothed appropriately for the time, though her clothing will always be pale colored. Should she have no need for such accoutrements, she will appear clothed only in the writhing black shadows that encircle her at all times like a robe of unliving snake-like tentacles – which the magically sensitive might be able to see.

Biography: Iuratar’s “life” exists outside time as most know it. She keeps many of her motives to herself, but always with an eye toward the throne of Hennom, and ensuring that certain amongst the demon Princes never sit upon that throne. Not only the mortal races would suffer should some of the more vindictive find their way to that seat of untold power, but assuredly those among their “brethren” who actively opposed them would as well. And so she takes an interest in the souls of mortals throughout the ages, watching over the balance of powers, and ensuring the might and strength of the souls taken does not fall into the wrong claws, talons or tentacles .

Traits: It is Iuratar’s fate to be forever linked to moments of great sorrow and profound grief, and to the people involved, whether she would or no, using these energies to bind or unbind souls and their power as she deems necessary. Though her manner can seem both cold and aloof, the tears that often stand in her eyes - and her very presence at certain times and places - tends to say otherwise. She is influential, subtle, manipulative, and empathic. Iuratar prefers to act through a proxy, a minion or fiend of some sort, though in rare instances she will manifest as needed in the mortal, physical realm.

Flaws: The demon is, in a nutshell, obsessive. She will work at a problem until it is solved and, even when it seems solved, she is still rarely satisfied with the outcome. Iuratar is a hard taskmaster, expecting and demanding perfection in all things – including herself.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:18 am

Minion and Igraine, accepted. I think that's enough people to start, though I'll keep sign-ups open in the hope that we'll get a few more. It shouldn't be too hard to introduce them to some area of the plot since it looks like we're going to be a bit all over the place to begin with.

Last edited by Kesteven on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Neschume Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:10 am

Name: Alva Appius

Race: Human

Sex: Male

Appearance: Black hair that has never been cut reaches down to the ground and even drags along it when Alva walks. His hair is about six feet long putting Alva at around 5' 10". It always falls out of his eyes to either side of his face letting him see clearly. When it doesn't stay out of his eyes he cuts it crudely with a knife and consequently his bangs are much shorter than the rest of his hair.

There are no distinguishing features on Alva's face other than a burn on his right cheek which he obtained from a minor lab accident. It looks like a malformed splash of water hit his face and stayed there forever. His eyes are black, a result of the many body changes he has gone through and they also so have a deep glazing in them.

Alva wears a large white overcoat, a lab coat of sorts, under which he has a white shirt and black pants. All of his clothing fits well other than the coat, not too big and not too small. On his hands he wears white gloves that specifically made to never get dirty. They were made using a special form of wool created in his laboratory. The shoes he wears are simple, just plain and black with a buckle on top to hold them in place.

Personality: Alva has shut himself off from the rest of the world and thus lost most, if not all, ability to communicate fluently with the general public. This isn't to say he's not capable of speech, more that if he ever decided to go and attempt to talk with "normal" people then he would likely fail at communication. The words he speaks would be impossible for most people of his era to understand because he talks in a jumble of words from many different eras. This is due to him reading so many books from all different eras and reading so many of them.

Alva's insane wealth of knowledge has brought about a superiority complex that no man could imagine having normally. He believes himself to be far better than the rest of the population, kings included, and wishes that he could rule over them all. He spends his days reading his books and plotting a way to control the entire world. No this world and the Void.

Magic: Alva is a jack of all trades when it comes to his magic. He has the power of Psychics, Shapeshifters and Alchemists. His ability with each of the magics is not perfect but he does command great skill and power. Alchemy is his first magic, it is how he has managed to survive for so many years. Psychic abilities are what he learned next followed by Shapeshifting. Naturally he has the lowest level of skill in Shapeshifting while he has the strongest ability in Alchemy.

Background: At a young age Alva was introduced to reading and he was hooked to it ever since. He prided himself on his intelligence that was far greater than all of the children's at his school as well as most of the teacher's. Reading so much left most of skills neglected. He had no friends and hardly any motor skills.

When he turned 33 in his first life he left his hometown and made a small home in the mountains outside of a major city. It was tiny, just enough for him and his books at first but by the time he was around 50 he had made a library for his books and a laboratory for any experiments that he learned about in his books. The entire house was poorly constructed, like an child had attempted to make a house but failed miserably. Somehow it didn't fall apart though and that was all that mattered to him.

When he turned sixty Alva knew he had to find a way to preserve his life. He had books that described of magic called alchemy and he knew if he could master certain abilities he could likely find some way to live forever. He researched for ten years only to find that if he were to be able to perform such a feat then he would need a steady hand and another living body to move into.

Alva had been living on practically no food for all of these years and the only source of it was from a small farm on the outskirts of them major city he lived near. He would steal food from there as well as book and wood for when he was renovating his home. But now he was finally going to confront the people who lived here, preferably just one.

There was just one man at the farm when he went there and as Alva sneaked up on him he bashed him over the head with a rock. The man's breathing had not stopped so he was taken off to Alva's lab.

At Alva's home the man was tied to a chair and then Alva began making strange symbols on the ground all around him. Alva looked at him and laughed a wheezing, cough-like laugh as he began to speak to the tied and bound man.

"You know I think my book," Alva let out a few coughs as he continued, "is the only one of it's kind. It has only one thing in it and that is how to transfer your entire self into another's body. This is going to be so much fun to try." A few more coughs exited his mouth as began a short chant. Air lifted up around the two men and in a split second Alva blacked out.

When he awoke he moved to a mirror that was in his front room and saw that he had in fact took on the appearance of the other man. The man whose body was now his was gone it would seem, his old body a dead carcass on the ground just ready to rot away into nothingness.

The rest of his years were spent learning more and studying about everything he could get his hands on. He would go into town sometimes to steal food or more books but for the most part he stayed home all alone reading and working on experiments out of his books. This was how he spent his every day and how he would spend his every day until he had obtain a new body to work with.

He went through three more body changes until he received the one he is currently in. The first (Second really) was a young boy of about 14, he figured if he went into a younger person's body he would have more time to live without changeing again. The next two were of adult males in their 20s.

Each change of the body brought about a deeper understanding of everything he already knew. Alva seemed to take on the knowledge of the ones whose bodies he took over and that would add to his already vast wealth of it. During his last body change he found a book near the man he had taken. It was called simply "Hennom".

For the next few years he studied this book and eventually Alva became obsessed with what this book called, Ascending the Throne of Hennom. This was, in a sense, how to become the master of all things, the real world and the Void. Now he uses all he has learned over the years to find a way to Ascend the Throne and take control of everything.
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:53 pm

Neschume, you're accepted.

OK, the IC thread is up. I'd like everyone to post introducing their characters, presumably just doing whatever it is they do. Since what's in the wiki is mostly technical and vague, it'll also be up to you to paint life into the setting and present the specific ambiance of your character's current location. I'd also strongly recommend making use of the notify feature and watching at least the IC thread, if not the OOC too. Happy hunting, everyone.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Okay, just for everyone's wondering minds, because I just thought about this..

The pronunciation I'm going for with Ahexotl is actually "Ah-hayz-ol" The ''t'' is silent.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:15 pm

Just a quick note, to say that I've read the IC responses already, and I'm just waiting to see if a couple more of the committed folks will post before I start Iuratar.

Oh, and for what it's worth Eternity, I'm completely comfortable with Aztec-y sounding names at least. My senior thesis in college was on Aztec religious art - so if I could get my tongue properly around names like Coatlicue and Huitzilipochtli, Ahexotl almost seemed like a breeze. Wink hehe
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:42 am

Lol. cool cool.

Mostly what I'm basing Teicuh's homeland off of is Guatemala and the Southern Mexican peninsula. There, the language I'm using (Yucatec Mayan) is predominant, and the culture itself is an off-Mayan. XD Though Teicuh herself will have been from farther south in my own preferences, journeying northwest. bla bla, it doesn't really matter since my poor Native Indian is going to be thrown across time to some distant place that'll scare the s*** out of her. XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:33 pm

I appologise for not posting my intro. I was halfway done today, when my laptop decided it was out of battery power, and died.

I will post tomorrow morning.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:19 pm

Yeah! Very Happy No, not for laptop failure... That's still bad. *boo hiss* Just knowing who's posting! *big grin*
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Neschume Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:48 pm

I was going to be the first to post but then I accidentally clicked a page instead of opening it in a new tab and I lost like 6 paragraphs of work. It was so demoralizing Sad so I just waited till the next day. It still wasn't as good as it would have been had I not messed it up.
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:28 pm

That's awful, Neschume... Sob That's why I almost always, unless it's a very short post (like one of these ooc posts), write all my stuff in Word first. *nodnod*

But yeah... that was learned the hard way, a couple different times, so I know what you mean, about have to take a breath and wait 'til the NEXT day to do anything. >.>
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm

I DO BELIEVE THAT IF IGRAINE POSTS, then we may move on. IGRAINE, GO FORTH!!! lol.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:44 pm

Now, fair Eternity, that the long awaited post from dear Diodri has materialized, I shall certainly go forth, at your kindly and gently spoken behest...

*bows deeply*

Actually, give me a bit, and I'll get something up tonight. XD
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:49 pm

Diodri - Nicely done! I love your character already!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:07 pm

Yay! Thank you. This guy is fun to play. ^.^

He's a departure from my normal character type.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:54 am

I'm sorry folks - going to have to do this in the morning. Not feeling as well as I should tonight, and my brain has gone *pfft*
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:42 am

*silence, hearing the wind blow; dust kicks up. You rub your eyes, blink a few times*

What happened?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next