FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to know your fellow FoGer!

+65
Sólrökr
Lord Revan
Notebookface
Red_Wolf
DarkGoddess
Modesti
Artorius
Dreamless Days
UnfortunateBountyHunter
The Calamity
Br0ken_deadly
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tartra
Digital Muse
Eris
fragilefigure
Pavement
Skitzo-phrenick
Forbidden
Buzzwulf
Bellatrix_Moonlock
Ununhexium
quakernuts
thecolorisred
Eternity
Mercinus3
Narubia
Despair
Ethereal
xraineyesx
Eorzea
World Traveler
Casey Jewels
wakeangel
Fate Flyer
Hisoka
Kail DeWraith
Kingmaker
SpaceWheeler2.0
Ominous Flare
Sunwolf007
jackariah
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
Squall Reyes
Weiss
MetalEgo
Gabe
Cypher
Sheeple
Gunneh
YenWen
Attie
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Gadreille
Blackrock
Kalon Ordona II
MoiraofWords
Bird of Hermes
Acid Varrakin
The Melancholy Spirit
ImmortalSin
Shekinah
69 posters

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 27 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Squall Reyes Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:04 pm

Chastity....
.....HHAHAHAHAHAHAH I kid.

Anyways.

Courage.

Whether it be courage to help a woman being mugged, or facing a mob who have been swept up in mass hysteria. (God that's looking to be more and more likely every year in the states.) I do my best to have the courage to stand tall with whatever challenges come my way. Whether it be the threat of physical or emotional pain, I try to have the courage to stand up to it all. I can tell you it's not easy, but I tend to take comfort in examples of courage found throughout history. Presidents, soldiers, scientist, or the average Joe on the street. Some have cost people their lives and I think the least I can do to honor them is to hold them as an example of how I should live my life.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Let's keep this question going!
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 27 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:12 pm

I really like this question!

I would have to say compassion.

I am by nature an extremely empathetic person, so I feel others' emotions very easily, especially people who are dear to me. When I sense that someone is in trouble or in pain, all I want to do is help them or do something, say something, to ease the hurt. My Sunday school teacher a few years ago said that I had the spiritual gift of mercy, so it's something I want to cultivate.

In my opinion, there's not enough compassion in the world. My heart breaks to hear of divorce, war, friends hurting each other, stuff like that. Sometimes I get cynical towards humanity when I see so much evil in the world, so that's why I want to strive for compassion, to keep my heart from hardening. Maybe if I show compassion to others, I can be an example for them and show them that there is a better way to live. God is the ultimate example of compassion, so if I can even portray the weakest shadow of His compassion, that would be a small victory in my book.

I shall propose the same question!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Clap

I've already answered the question; I'm just posting for the sake of convenience, since it's a new page.

The question, started by Hisoka, is:
What virtue do you aspire to, which one do you guide your life by?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Wow this question's got a life of it's own.

For me the virtue I hold most dear is Duty.

A oath sworn is an oath to be honored with even my dying breath. And while this duty is of honor and self-sacrifice at times it is not those virtues that drive me. Every single promise I have made I have kept no matter the cost to me. And believe me when I say some of those costs were high indeed. For my word is more precious to me then almost anything, it is my self appointed Duty to hold true to that belief. For far too many don't.

Could you lay your very soul on the line to save the world, knowing that you would forever be destroyed if you did so. But also knowing that you could choose the easy out and live but only at the cost of everything you hold dear. Knowing this what would be your choice?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:45 pm

That's - sorry - a ridiculous question, because it's never gonna happen. Even if it would be just a bit realistic, the answer would be the same as the answer I give to almost any answer that I give to this kind of questions (the kind that you can't give a real answer to, because you just REALLY can't know what you'd do until you're in the actual situation) I DON'T KNOW! I'd only know if I'd be in the situation, and since I'll NEVER be, there's no answer to this question.

If you'd go to an anime convention where you have to - as a rule in order to get in - dress up like an anime character, who'd you dress up like?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Doctor Tenma from the anime Monster.

Because A. it is one of my favorite anime, and character and B it's a damn easy costume to put together. Look at it! XD

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 27 Tenma1

If you could write a story for only one of these mediums, which would you choose? Movie, video game or book?
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Ooh I think about this all the time!

There are obviously things you cannot do in movies that you can in books, or vice versa, and there are some things you can do in niether that video games can perfectly accomplish. Me, as a person, would want to probably be able to pull off a movie script, but, sadly, my writing style only really fits into what would be labeled a novel.

Same!
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:28 am

Oh Squall, I never got to finish watching Monster because the BF didn't like it, but I did!!! I really should start watching it again...

Well, since I already write stories for books, I wouldn't choose that answer. I'd go for a movie. I had to write a script out of a book once for a school assignment and that was damn hard, so I'd want to do it because of the challenge but also because I simply LOVE movies and I often think a movie gets better (or worse) by a good scenario/script. Also because I like more unrealistic/fantasy like stories for video games and I simply can't write stories like that. With a movie, I'd be able to write the same thing I usually do, with the difference that I'd actually get to see the character development if the film would really be made. So yeah, a movie.

If you look back on your life, at what age did you feel close to perfect happyness?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:21 pm

That is an easy question. And it's answer is 12, both my parents were still alive, I didn't have a care in the world, and the world seemed to be my oyster. And I wasn't aware of how stupid we humans are as a race. To be 12 again.

What would you do with your last day on Earth?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Well, I probably wouldn't bother with 'skaaaaaah dahveeyun' or 'rocky mountain clahmeeyun.' And I'd certainly stay away from any bulls named after Chinese villains.
What would I do?
Assuming I had 24 hours, and it was absolutely no way natural or supernatural of avoiding my fatal appointment....

Step 1: Make arrangements for everything I'm involved in to either shut down smoothly or continue with my vision intact (if, say, I was working on my books).

Step 2: Compose a hasty Will.

Step 3: Contact every one of my acquaintances I could get a hold of and do some good-byes and encouragements.

Step 4: Hang around with as much family as possible, with many an 'I love you' and 'play lots of video games for me.' (No really, if I said that, we'd probably all cry, and then laugh, which would be the point. No sense mourning before I drop off. ^^)

Step 5: If I had any time left after all that, I'd probably arrange some sort of fun dying activity. Like holding on to a calligraphy brush to see what mark I make when I fall over. They could frame it. xD Also, I'd probably have to think up some clever Last Words. Like... probably something in my elvish. ^^

What would you say for your Last Words?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:26 pm

There's no answer to that. It depends on who I'm with, where I am, what I'm doing and how I'm dying. If I'd be shot in the head in a surprise act, I doubt there'd be any 'last words' at all, except for the last thing I was saying to someone next to me, if that certain someone would be there at all.

But if I could choose, if there'd be an ideal world in which I get to choose this, I'd like to repeat Jake's words to Roland in The Dark Tower 1: The Gunslinger: 'There are more worlds than this one.' (This is a free translation, since I read the books in Dutch, and in Dutch the words are: 'Er zijn meer werelden dan deze.' I just translated them literally into English).

Have you ever saved someone's life? Either by giving the right advice, saying the right words, or perhaps even literally by saving a drowning person or something like that?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Sure, saved a drowning kid just this summer in fact, although to be fair I think he may have been faking it merely to get attention. I also donate blood regularly and I am on the organ donation list if that counts.

What event in your past do you think is responsible for shaping the person you are today. For example what event do you think led you to choosing the profession you have today.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Don't want to tell.

What is re-occurring in your life? (for example: a theme, a type of friendship, an event, something that you always do, anything!)
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Now, now Shekinah you just broke the rules of the game, we can't have that now. Otherwise we'll go nowhere real fast.

But I'll answer the question because unlike you I have sportsmanship.

If I had to choose I would say the whole victory and defeat thing. I am a street racer you see and I'll climb the ranks so to speak quite easily. And just when I think I've become unbeatable some douche-bag with a lambo shows up and smokes me and my Evo VIII. Frankly I think it keeps me honest and little humble or at least it's whoever the hell is in charge way of keeping me honest and a little humble.

How do you view the world, i.e is the world black and white for you or do you like me see shades of gray so to speak.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:06 pm

It's both: it's black and white when it comes down to my sense of justice, but it's gray when it comes down to the numerous people in the world and all of their emotions and points of views. I'm very stubborn and I live according to certain principles and there are certain things I think are 'unforgivable' like betraying yourself. Once someone does that, I no longer want to have anything to do with that person. There's no second chance, you're out. When it comes down to that, I'm really black and white, for the rest of it: I'm pretty much gray.

Name one place you'd never want to be found dead.

Last edited by Shekinah on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Shekinah, if you chose not to answer a question, that is your business. Definitely. But posting that you refuse to answer it rather begs some response from other posters. Getting defensive about it doesn't help.

I'm sorry about your experience. But, taking it out on Hisoka isn't cool.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:39 pm

To keep it going:

Name one place you'd never want to be found dead.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:38 am

(If I don't know the answer to a question or don't want to say it, I let someone else post instead. That's a good way to go if you don't want to tell.)

The bathroom. Almost every time I have to shower standing in a bathtub instead of in a shower-thingy I think about the fact that a lot of accident that happens at home is in the shower, due to slipperiness. So I don't want to be found in the bathroom, having slipped and cracked my skull open or so.

If you could have chosen which country to be born in, which one would it have been and why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:41 am

Japan Smile I love the people (well, how they look, I don't know any Japanese people, so I wouldn't know if I'd actually like their character Razz) I absolutely love the language, the Asian cinema, and their culture and food. So yeah, Japan Smile I always fall in love with Asian people too, I've never been in love with a Dutch guy.

What's the most useless subject in high school?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:12 am

Oh damn. Where to even start? Math, not because I don't think it's necessary, but because in my high school business math didn't count toward your math credits. So basically you had to know calculus and geometry and trig and such to graduate, but they could give a shit less if you knew how to balance a check book or do your taxes... And they screwed me over on math credits (I took a high school math in middle school, but they wouldn't count it as a credit. Yet, when I take college credits in high school, the college counts those credits. What is this crap?)

Anyway! New question...

Do you dress up for Halloween? Why or why not?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:33 am

Nope, because I don't live in America and over here it's not a holiday. Only some people celebrate for fun, but somehow I never get invited to those parties Razz

Damn, I had an awesome question in mind and now I forgot... oh well! Do you think there really landed an alien in Roswell? (or more Razz)
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:14 am

Hmmm. I don't think so. But I also don't think that we are the only beings in the universe. It would seem to empty if that was the case, haha!

And Halloween is so fun! You should celebrate it anyway... You might get some weird looks though ha.

What do you think aliens would look and act like?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:42 am

To me, the word Alien means something otherworldly or simply put, something we don't see on a regular basis. Therefore, I'd say that Aliens would look weirder than the weirdest look a person can think of. That's a very wide span of imagination we're talking about and the possibilities are endless.

As for how they act, definitely somewhere along the lines of irregular, unpredictable behavior.

If you can travel back in time and take one thing with you back to the present, what would it be?
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:05 am

Oh dear. That sounds like a bad idea, haha! But if I could get off consequence-free, I would take... an original copy of any old piece of literature, because that would be so cool, I can't even comprehend it.

Hmm...

Same question?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:34 pm

Dinosaur. Not for any real purpose, just 'cause, but I'm a business student so I'm sure I can make a good buck or two off it.

I'm thinking raptors because they'd be easier to take down if they escaped (obvious owing to explosive collars around their necks, plus their size leaves them more susceptible to tranquilizers) and the lower oxygen content in today's air would make them less likely to pass out than a T-Rex.

Potato chips and ice cream or pizza and french fries?
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:54 am

Both.
If I had to pick, that would depend on what I'm picking for.
For survival, the pizza bundle; for yums, the ice cream bundle.
Overall, the pizza bundle; you get variety and relative sustenance in the same package.

Which do you use most when reading forum threads: page up/page down, scroll up/down with mouse wheel, or click and drag the side bar thingy?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:12 am

Mouse wheel, unless it's some extraordinary long thread - then I drag the side bar to navigate to the part I need. But yeah, overall mouse wheel....ahh, remember the good old days when those didn't exist? Razz

What types of clothes do you prefer? (shirts, t-shirts, jeans, skirts, etc.)
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:08 am

The casual stuff: jeans, hoodies, shirts. Anythin I feel comfortable in. I'm not busy with what's in or not at all. Oh, and I like t-shirts with weird prints on them (but the BF never lets me buy them!)

Assuming there really is another life form out there, what planet is it most likely to live on/come from according to you?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:06 am

A planet which we never thought life could exist. I hear so many people say life could only exist on planets like our own. Really? So why can we find life on THIS planet in areas where we once believed no living thing could survive? Come on now humanity wake up.

What does Halloween mean to YOU?
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 am

Ehrm, nothing really Very Happy

Have you ever broken a bone?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next