FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to know your fellow FoGer!

+65
Sólrökr
Lord Revan
Notebookface
Red_Wolf
DarkGoddess
Modesti
Artorius
Dreamless Days
UnfortunateBountyHunter
The Calamity
Br0ken_deadly
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tartra
Digital Muse
Eris
fragilefigure
Pavement
Skitzo-phrenick
Forbidden
Buzzwulf
Bellatrix_Moonlock
Ununhexium
quakernuts
thecolorisred
Eternity
Mercinus3
Narubia
Despair
Ethereal
xraineyesx
Eorzea
World Traveler
Casey Jewels
wakeangel
Fate Flyer
Hisoka
Kail DeWraith
Kingmaker
SpaceWheeler2.0
Ominous Flare
Sunwolf007
jackariah
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
Squall Reyes
Weiss
MetalEgo
Gabe
Cypher
Sheeple
Gunneh
YenWen
Attie
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Gadreille
Blackrock
Kalon Ordona II
MoiraofWords
Bird of Hermes
Acid Varrakin
The Melancholy Spirit
ImmortalSin
Shekinah
69 posters

Page 26 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next

Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 26 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Hisoka Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:32 pm

I would have to say my obsessive compulsive desire to live a healthy life style. I know ocd is so not a thing to be proud of..but if you could see my abs you would agree with me....Nah just kidding y'all. I would have to say my determination, it's gotten me through some rather unpleasant phases in my life.

Who is the one person you respect above everyone else?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 26 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Shekinah Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Myself.

Ever made a life-changing decision?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:46 pm

I suppose I would have to say moving past the grief of my parent's death. My life was never the same after that.....

Same question.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Yes, deciding that if I'd really want to kill myself, I'd want it for all the wrong reasons and therefor I didn't do it.

Ever kicked someone out of your life?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:53 pm

No, actually. But my mother has for me. Razz

Does your mother have control issues?
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:19 pm

My mother while she was still alive never had any real control issue. I mean hell she taught me how to race cars, and even when she knew I had taken up street racing she didn't do anything.

What is your strongest memory, one you know you'll never forget even 50 years later.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 am

One day, I walked home from the busstop. Or rather: one evening. And when I was almost home, I saw a man throwing a tree stump out of his bedroom window. I'll never EVER forget that. That was totally weird.

What's one item you couldn't live without?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:13 am

XD That is PRICELESS.

Probably my iPod - my music keeps me sane. I am quite afraid of silence, so I always have it with me.
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:56 am

So... what's the next question?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Ah! Fail. And I totally have done that before too. -_-

Would you rather be deaf or blind?
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:27 pm

I know this question is Shekinah's but I am going to answer it to keep things flowing.

I would rather be deaf, after all I have a weakness for pretty faces. Without my sight I would be without weakness....I would cease to be human and become.....A GOD.........alright moment of delusion over.

If you had to commit an evil to stop a far greater evil could you do it. And could you live with yourself afterward?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:25 pm

I believe everyone's capable of commiting an evil if pushed far enough or for some reason: so yes, I could do that. I dunno whether or not I could live with it afterwards. The setting isn't specific enough to be able to say that. It depends on what evil and for what reason it is.

Do you think human nature is good or evil?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Human nature is as humans themselves are, varied. But if you were to take a hard look at all the history we've written I think humanity might be considered evil. After all we are the only known species to wage war on selves, and with alarming frequency. Has there been even a single generation that has known true peace? And the news is always filled with murderers, rapists, war criminals, monsters of all stripes seem to lurk everywhere. But when I lose faith in our species I see a mother watching her children playing laughing in the streets, see the pure joy in their faces. I see lovers showing their love for each other, I see a couple getting married, watch a young kid help an old man across the street. And suddenly I see hope for our race. In the end I guess humanity isn't good or evil, merely individualistic.

Same question.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:12 am

Good question. I pretty much agree with what Hisoka said, but to put my own spin on things:

First off, even though I said it's a good question, I don't think it's a correct one. Why? "Good" and "evil" are definitions which we, by default, associate with humans. With human nature. Is a lion evil because it kills a gazelle? Is an eagle evil because it nabs some critter from the ground? So how can we, humans, effectively judge our own species when we have no equivalent to compare it to? We are, for now at least, trapped within the sphere of humanity, of human nature. It would take someone with a "non-human nature" to properly and objectively judge us.

That said, people are people and they will always be different. To take an example from above, most human generations have been marred from war, crimes, murders. Yes, that's a fact. But even to take one of the worst examples of man's falling, World War II, it too had it's moments of human goodness. War heroes for one - Rodger Young, Alexander Matrosov - do these names mean nothing? (both were from the two, soon to be opposed, super powers; both died in similar circumstances) And then there were a multitude of nameless people, forgotten, who did their best to help their fellows during the war. People who have no respect for human lives will always be found, but so will those who treasure it.

Further, I'd like to say that apart from human nature, there is also the animal within us, the beast (to use a cheesy name). And, for me, human nature is taming that beast in us, not allowing it to rule us. Only then can someone call themselves human, only after they have bent the animal within them to their will. For the most part, people manage to do it. (that's why we don't kill each other in the street anymore, not on a big scale). And of course, some don't.

In the end, I can't say if human nature is good or evil - it's simply human.

How do you picture the world in, say, a 1000 years?
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:44 am

Unless vast improvement is made to the way we conduct ourselves within this world the only thing I am certain of is there won't be any humans in 1,000 years. Other then that I picture the world as perhaps a little older, a little more worn out. Perhaps our ruins will still dot the surface, a mute testimony to our races grandeur and folly. But other then that I don't picture the world much different. After all what is a thousand years to a lofty mountain, or the ocean blue. It is only man that seeks rapid change within their environment.

If a stranger asked you for help, and you knew with your help something terrible would happen to this stranger would you help him or her?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:28 am

So, if I help them, something bad will happen to them and I know it? Well, then, no, I wouldn't. I don't want anything terrible to happen to anyone. Unless it was a matter of life and death. If they were going to die if I didn't help them, then I probably would help them out even though something bad would happen. Hm. That's an interesting question...

Do you think the world would be better off without cell phones?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Not really.

Do you believe people have a will of their own (free will perspective) or do you believe in determinism?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:32 pm

I believe in free will and not determinism (in any of its forms) but I still catch myself saying "Fate" now and again. I don't believe there is a conscious predetermining our every move. Life is what we make it, and sometimes the pieces fall together in beautiful symmetry that is so magical we feel it must be fate, even though it is not.

Do you like to argue?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:35 pm

I think argue has a negative tone: it - imo - suggests some sort of conflict/fight, so I'd rather say I like to discuss.

What's one opinion you had to alter/change after an experience or a discussion or some other reason?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 pm

An argument, can mean either discussion or conflict, depending on its user. Some people enjoy it, others don't.

My opinion on religion changed through my education as well as adult experiences.

Which do you prefer, a dark room or a well lit room?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:44 pm

I know what an argument can mean, that's why I said that I think it has a negative tone to it Razz imo - in my opinion Smile

Dark room Smile

A woman's voice or a man's voice?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:33 pm

It depends on the context. I hear women's voices much more often since most of my classmates are female, so I often like hearing men's voices for a change in scenery, so to speak.

Do you prefer sunny days or thunderstorms?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Thunderstorms but only if it rains at the same time. Any you ever took an RX7 drifting on a wet day when the road got this film or oil and water. You can drift forever and it hardly wears out your tires. So yeah thunderstorms, plus I live in B.C so you get use to storms sooner or later.

Which appeals to you more, a science turned into an art or a art turned into science and why?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:08 pm

Ooh - good question.

Science into art, because if an art turns into a science then in my opinion it isn`t an art anymore. At that point, it turns into something without creativity. Science into art, though, can have some amazing turnouts. For example, in the museum here I saw an AMAZING exhibit called 'body worlds', where one man had taken corpses, preserved them, and... molded them basically to make sculptures. It was beautiful, and I still consider it to be some of the best art I have ever seen.

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html

Okay, same question. This one is wonderful.
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:56 pm

No offense fragilefigure but that body worlds thing doesn't deserve the word art. Maybe a crime against nature or something if those bodies are real. Let the dead rest I say.

I personally prefer science turned to art. For it appeals to my drifter side. For drifting starts off as science. You take a car, overhaul it to have a prefect ratio of speed, handling, and aerodynamics. Then you work on the suspension getting it right. And then the tires, getting just the right angles and chamber. All of this is science and physics at work. But then comes the big day when you try it out for the first time on the track. And all that science becomes art, a ballet of horsepower and skill.

Could you actually become a monster in order to hunt a monster?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:42 pm

I think I'll have to say no. I would hunt down the monster, but I wouldn't let go of who I am to do so. It would not be a victory in my mind to take out the monster but become one in the process.

What is your favorite mode of long-distance communication with people (IM, texting, email, etc.) and why?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:56 pm

I would have to say the good ole cellphone and email. Texting in my mind is just......Profanity warning................................
Spoiler:
I mean it is a step back not a step forward. Same thing with IM.

What is the single most important thing you cherish. The one thing you would protect at all costs no matter what.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eris Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:40 pm

My momma!

Same question. Very Happy
Eris
Eris
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:55 pm

That is an easy question. My country, it's freedoms and peoples for them I would lay my life down for if needed. For it is my duty and my greatest treasure the country I serve. But more then my country I would defend, it's ideals I would spread with even my dying breath. For if the world could learn to do as Canada does perhaps the world would be a better place.

What virtue do you aspire to, which one do you guide your life by?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:59 pm

I've actually sat down and thought about that question before, so I have a ready answer.

Nobility.

This one word comprises just about everything I aspire to and hold dear, in every area of my life. Nod (I consider it creepily awesome that the epic version of the Legend of Zelda theme is playing on my computer as I write this... and I have my playlist on shuffle)

Especially defined as "the state or quality of being morally or spiritually good; dignity" this word Nobility epitomizes my aspirations. (Wind Waker prologue music; even more creepyawesome.) I strive to be a peerless paragon of moral and spiritual nobility. Nod

I like Hisoka's question so much, I'll ask the same one.
What virtue do you aspire to, which one do you guide your life by?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next