FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to know your fellow FoGer!

+65
Sólrökr
Lord Revan
Notebookface
Red_Wolf
DarkGoddess
Modesti
Artorius
Dreamless Days
UnfortunateBountyHunter
The Calamity
Br0ken_deadly
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tartra
Digital Muse
Eris
fragilefigure
Pavement
Skitzo-phrenick
Forbidden
Buzzwulf
Bellatrix_Moonlock
Ununhexium
quakernuts
thecolorisred
Eternity
Mercinus3
Narubia
Despair
Ethereal
xraineyesx
Eorzea
World Traveler
Casey Jewels
wakeangel
Fate Flyer
Hisoka
Kail DeWraith
Kingmaker
SpaceWheeler2.0
Ominous Flare
Sunwolf007
jackariah
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
Squall Reyes
Weiss
MetalEgo
Gabe
Cypher
Sheeple
Gunneh
YenWen
Attie
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Gadreille
Blackrock
Kalon Ordona II
MoiraofWords
Bird of Hermes
Acid Varrakin
The Melancholy Spirit
ImmortalSin
Shekinah
69 posters

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next

Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 23 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Forbidden Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:12 pm

The earliest piece that inspired me... hm. Tough one. I have so many now XD. I think that The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud was the first one that really inspired me. It is hard to tell since I had started writing as a child. That was so long ago hehe. Either way, that trilogy stuck with me. ^^

What was the first thing you have ever written and was proud of?
Forbidden
Forbidden
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 23 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:47 am

My first role-play post ever. Yeah, that definitely stands out in my memory. ^^ Even though I knew little about how Sindarin worked and botched it horribly. Still, I remember being quite proud of the rest of it, surprised that I had produced something as good as that on my first go. It didn't even take me that long at the time. xD

Some background:
Spoiler:

The post:
Spoiler:

What was one of your early fandoms?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:48 am

Tetris, Super Mario and Pokémon. I'm not exactly sure which one was first, but those three are my earliest fandoms that I can remember. A little later Zelda and Super Mario bros (the fighting game) was added, oh and James Bond Golden Eye for Nintendo 64. Man, that was a nice James Bond game. ^^

So, since the question was awesome. I'll repeat it: What was one of your early fandoms?

Back to top Go down

Post by Forbidden Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:45 pm

My earliest fandoms would have to be Pokemon, Digimon . XD. I think Pokemon was first on that list. There are sooo many fandoms.....

What is a current fandom today you can't understand and hate?
Forbidden
Forbidden
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:13 pm

The whole anime scene. I just do not get it, especially the whole cos-playing thing. I get appreciating a finely written plot and all that stuff. But some of the other stuff creeps me out. Especially the whole Lolita sub-genre and how it works it's way into like every anime.

What is the source of your passion.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Well, what drives me the most is discovering facts about history and trying to find out how our ancestors lived. I love to imagine what type of world they lived in and practically ever character I make incorporates some piece of history that I didn't know about before, usually weapons but sometimes backgrounds in aspects of knowledge I didn't' know before.

Why do you write?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:08 pm

I write because I like getting into other head's than my own. I write because I like discovering new places and people and activities through my writing. I write simply because I enjoy it. I write because I enjoy when someone else can see/read what's been in my mind.

Same question (because it's very, very good): Why do you write?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:52 pm

I write because it is a compulsion. I like doing it and I need to write otherwise I go a little crazy. I also like getting better at it and love it when people tell me what they think about what I have written. It's a part of who I am on a very deep level.

What was/is your favorite subject and why?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:26 pm

I can't rightly answer that. I like all subjects, because, to quote what a wise man once told me "one lives while they learn." (no, I didn't get it backwards) That is why I can't rightly say: "I like this one, but not that one." However, the ones which always intrigued me most were informatics and history. The former because it opens up so much new horizons, new ways of viewing the world, new *powers*, if you would. And history, because history is what defines a nation. I hate it when people say "oh, it's just a subject you study for when a test comes along and then forget about it". Wrong. It's a subject which shows you why your country is where it is on today's geographical and political map. It's as logical as math, there's nothing "strange" or "random" about it. If you look beneath the surface.

Oh and literature, but since I'm a member of this site, that's pretty much a given.

Will there be a Third World War? What do you think?

Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Of course there will be a third World War. I, too, like history. Yet, unlike many people claim, I do not believe that we study history to learn from our mistakes. The one thing I have learned from history is that we are simply doomed to repeat them. Yes, there will be a World War III, and I firmly believe we are already on that road.

Do you care for humanity to ever expand beyond Earth? Do you ever think about it? Or is our cradle our coffin as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Aye, I think about it. Humanity has always expanded beyond what can be considered one's "cradle". The settling of ancient Europe, Rome's spreading of "civilisation", The Migration Period/Barbarian Invasions and other such. Going a bit further, it's colonisaiton. To the Americas, Australia, Africa. And then, when you don't have anywhere else to go, war over those resources. There's always been a drive to expand, at the expense of what or whom is unimportant. So, no matter how down the line, I think it is impossible for humanity not to expand in space. It would be against our own nature.

And to connect this topic to my own question, I think having another great war will only speed that process up. If you think about it, no matter how harsh it might seem, all human progress is, ultimately, driven by wars. Even looking back at the last century, the stuff that interest us the most today are the results of wars. Nuclear energy, space programs and, heck, the Internet itself. This was all spearheaded by the military. So yeah, I would say that we will set out for the stars one day, but that day will come only when the political ground has been prepared. It won *just* happen.

Same question, because I think it's a good one. Do you care for humanity to ever expand beyond Earth? Do you ever think about it? Or is our cradle our coffin as well?
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:14 pm

I'm pretty neutral on the matter. Personally, I don't think it will happen anytime soon, if at all. No other planet in the solar system could feasibly support life without MAJOR advances in technology, and if that technology fails, bye-bye human settlers. Plus, given how much we've trashed our own planet, I'd hate to see what we could do to another one. The only time I ever think about it is in the context of some science fiction fantasy that'll probably never happen. I'd much rather see humanity get their act together and take care of the planet we already have instead of looking to take over another one and mess it up.

What do you think about life on other planets? Do you think sentient races exist somewhere besides on Earth?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I believe so. To think that we are the only sentient beings in an entire universe that we have just glazed the surface of in terms of our knowledge seems quite an egocentric assumption. There is too much that we don't know to assume that we are alone.

However, this doesn't mean I believe that aliens helped egyptians and mayans build those temples. I think they managed on their own just fine.

What is your favorite archaeological discovery?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:48 pm

My favorite archaeological discovery? Hmmm... that the pyramids were used as landing pads for alien spaceships! Oh wait, I've been watching too much Stargate lately. Very Happy Seriously, though I have to admit that I've never really thought about a favorite. One that comes to mind, though I'm not sure the degree of it being "archaeological" as well as geological, is the possible location of the original "Flood Myth." I remember learning about part of it from a World Religions class, and a show on the History or Science channel, along with other information. I think the apparent location is around the Black Sea/Sea of Azov... but It doesn't really matter. The Flood Myth is evident in many ancient societies and religions (Noah's Ark being one of the most lasting examples), and it is similar in most of the major details by all accounts. If I recall correctly, the area that they think was flooded may very well have appeared to be the whole world when it happened.

So, not sure if it's a "favorite," but it definitely came to my mind. I find it most interesting simply because the same myth extends through so many cultures.

My question: How often do you truly attempt to view a situation from another person's perspective, obviously with complete empathy or objectivity being impossible?
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:25 am

I usually try to gain as much perspective as I can because then after you know where they are coming from you can work on fixing a situation. Plus if you know what you are dealing with its easier to deal with it. Like knowing that your friend doesn't know much about politics so bringing up the topic isn't necessary when we hang out but talking about the newest movie and what we expect from it is a much better topic. So I guess I do that a lot but like you said complete empathy and objectivity is impossible so I screw it up sometimes as well.

If you could visit one city in the world where would it be and why?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:57 am

Helsinki, Finland. Culture, climate, language... and music.

Same question... I'm not feeling creative right now... :/
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Kyoto all the way baby! Because it's Japan, but also because it's the former capital of Japan, which means that there are different historical things to learn than in Tokyo. Also, because I want to witness a tea ceremony. And well, anything else Japanese related.

What's the last thing you bought on the internet?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:06 pm

The last thing I bought on the internet.... I did just renew my subscription to EVE, if that counts. If it needs to be something physical, then I suppose my nifty little laptop was the last thing I bought.

If you had the money to purchase something you've been wanting/needing (within a few hundred dollars), what would you buy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:07 pm

One of the following things:

A PS3
A PSP
A bike
Subscription to the university gym
A new tv
Japanese classes

What's the one movie that shocked you so that you never want to see it again?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:24 pm

I'd have to say Alien vs. Predator. I watched it a couple of years ago in theaters with two friends, and I was so freaked out that I thought I was seeing aliens outside my car window while driving back home that night. Also, I just don't do scary movies, so that wasn't one of my better ideas.

What's your favorite movie genre and why?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Horror/(supernatural) thrillers because I think it's absolutey brilliant if a director's able to scare the shit out of me by just making a movie.

If someone would make a movie out of your life, who'd be playing you and who'd be playing your love interest?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:31 pm

(Action. Most movies I love have action in them, action comedy or possibly action romance. (I like other movies too.) And why? Ehm...good question. Because I like the excitement, I like the guns shooting, the bombs exploding, the swords thrusting, the axes slashing. So excitement, yes.)(Post inbetween *moe*.)

Should it seem real? I'm no good at actresses. If I can just say someone because I like them I'd say Angelina Julie and Tom Cruise. Yes. Both are sexy, and good actors in my opinion.

What's your favorite game "genre" (strategy, role-play, time management, etc.)? And if you know: why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Most definitely role-play. I was never really good at first-person shooters or other kinds of hack-and-slash games, but I like games that make you use your noggin. I love role-playing games with deep character development, rich worlds to explore, and a well-written plot.

I'll pose the same question, since I'm too out of it to come up with something better.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:17 am

Role-play too. Because of several reasons: nostalgic ones, because my bro used to wake me in the middle of the night when I was 7 years old, to see him slaughter a boss in either FF3 or Zelda. It's what got me into gaming in the first place. But also because I like a long, deep, good story with interesting characters that develop as you come further in the story. I like how you can walk around towns and snoop everywhere and how you need to 'solve' things in order to advance.

What do you usually do in the weekend?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:24 pm

I usually read a lot, at least these past weekends. I take the time to be with friends, since otherwise most of them have school, including me. Beside the last few weeks I tend to game a lot too. Basically I relax with my chosen interests. Once in a while I'll do some kind of "work", either school or personal things (which are still more work than anything).

What do you do on the evening of week days?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Read, watch a movie, play a video game, try to write and some homework on occasion Razz Oh, and also, when I'm at my dorm, I tend to go out for a game of pool every now and then and/or just hang out with friends. If I spend the week at my mom's, then I usually spend the evening with the BF if he's around too.

Do you have secrets even your best friends don't know?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Yes, but I won't share them here Razz

I'll pose the same question, since it's a good one.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Yes, but I'll never ever tell.

Do you believe in what I believe: that there are people who fit in your life perfectly at some moment, but who have only a certain amount of 'stage time'? Like, for example: I'm in a relationship for almost 9 years now, I met the BF when I was just a week 15 years old, I'm almost 24 now. We've grown together, and therefor he still fits my life. Had I got to know him at a later age, I might never have liked him. So perhaps in other words: do you have friends you'd never have liked if you had met them later (or perhaps earlier) in your life?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:29 am

It's possible... I won't go into the psychology completely, but I can sum some things up. Your brain doesn't stop developing until you're at least 21 or 22, and often not even until a person is about 25 or so. Until the brain stops developing, your preferences and interests are not solidified. With that said, relationships developed prior to the "end" of brain development may become less interesting, satisfying, or gratifying. That's just one theory, but I can't tell you yet if I'm completely satisfied with it yet, since I'm only 21. For now, I will say that I agree with you, though.

If you could live in any time period of human history (not the future!) that you wished, when would that be? Most of all, though, why that time?
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Somewhere in ancient Japan, the era in which Samurais still roamed the earth. Why? Because I'm highly fascinated by Japan and with that Samurais too. Would be an awesome chance to witness how that country developed from that era on.

Belief (like in God and stuff) or science?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next