FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to know your fellow FoGer!

+65
Sólrökr
Lord Revan
Notebookface
Red_Wolf
DarkGoddess
Modesti
Artorius
Dreamless Days
UnfortunateBountyHunter
The Calamity
Br0ken_deadly
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tartra
Digital Muse
Eris
fragilefigure
Pavement
Skitzo-phrenick
Forbidden
Buzzwulf
Bellatrix_Moonlock
Ununhexium
quakernuts
thecolorisred
Eternity
Mercinus3
Narubia
Despair
Ethereal
xraineyesx
Eorzea
World Traveler
Casey Jewels
wakeangel
Fate Flyer
Hisoka
Kail DeWraith
Kingmaker
SpaceWheeler2.0
Ominous Flare
Sunwolf007
jackariah
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
Squall Reyes
Weiss
MetalEgo
Gabe
Cypher
Sheeple
Gunneh
YenWen
Attie
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Gadreille
Blackrock
Kalon Ordona II
MoiraofWords
Bird of Hermes
Acid Varrakin
The Melancholy Spirit
ImmortalSin
Shekinah
69 posters

Page 22 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 22 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:29 am

To play the cello, piano/keyboard/synth, guitar, bass (better), drums, and violin, and to sing. And write sheet music. Sure, its several skills... but they all fall under music so... yeah... haha. And I doubt I need to explain to anyone why I would learn these.

Same question, because I am tired and not very creative at the moment. And it is an interesting question.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 22 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 am

(Rain: Well I know tigers would win in a real fight, but I thought it was the fight for my affection, and then panthers win. ^^ Oh wait...I forgot leopards, change tigers for leopards. Yes, yes.)

Hmmm, probably to play the piano or learn Japanese. Or possibly the (music) organ. Both piano and organ are impressive instruments so I probably don't need to explain those and Japanese because I love anime and manga, and I want to learn more about Japanese culture, and visit Japan!

Oh right question...is the glass half full or half empty?

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:02 am

(Ohhh. Lol. I like big cats too, hence my interruption there, dear lady. ^^)

Ah. Depends on the day. Today, half full, for certain. I'm in a good mood and things are looking up. And even if my cup is half empty, I can always fill it up, right? I just feel like an optimist today.

Would you rather hand-write or type?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:09 am

Type type type type type for the win! Although I think it might be fun to handwrite the Japanese language.

Same question!

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:18 am

Hand-write. But I hardly ever do anymore. It's too much strain on my wrists, which are already shot because of the tendonitis I acquired from - you guessed it - writing.

It's also too time consuming to be practical at this point when I have so much writing I want and need to do. However, I still try to hand-write as much as I am able to.

Do you write in cursive or print when you hand-write?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:11 pm

It depends on what I am doing. Printing, for me at least, is quicker so when I'm writing lyrics/poetry and need to get the words unto the paper fast I do that. Though I usually end up writing the titles (when I title them) in cursive.

Do you have a love, hate, or love/hate releationship with modern technology?
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:12 pm

The last one. I like its benefits but hate its consequences. I think it is far too important to people but I appreciate its communication potential.

Same question, as it is also an interesting one.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:29 pm

I think everyone has a love/hate relationship with almost everything that's in their lifes: I mean, for everything there's a pro and a con thing to say, everything has its bad sides and its good sides. So the latter one yes.

Do you think that the idea of there being parallel universes exist is true? Like, do you think there are several versions of earth and you live on all of them, only in every version there's a difference which makes you and your life and everything in it different from all the other versions?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:52 pm

I don't know if I believe it is true, but I think it's pretty awesome and I kind of want it to be true. I don't think we can count it out either, though. I really don't know. It'd be awesome to go to a different universe and meet myself.

Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Hmmm, hot then, since I absolutely adore the evenings that come along with hot weather.

If you could be one of your RP-chars, who'd you wanna be and why?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Hmmm...good and interesting character. I'd probably want to be Rinaya, an old character of mine (not in age) that haven't appeared on Fog yet. She's confident, adventurous and strong. She goes from adventure to adventure with her friends. She helps the weak and gets enough money to live by. She travels all the time.

I just have to ask the same question: If you could be one of your RP-chars, who'd you wanna be and why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Alun, I'm using her in a one on one as we speak. Why? Because she's very real to me: she's got issues we could face in real life too, she has to find answers to reveal her past, as he's just found out there's more to it than she ever thought, while exploring the world and herself with no one else but her boyfriend. She has to rely on herself and just one person, she has to put all her trust in this person with the risk of losing everything if she makes one mistake. I like her development and how she's not a perfect person, but makes mistakes too and is sometimes (too) egocentric. Or childish, or both.

What's the biggest mistake you ever made while RP-ing?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:48 am

The biggest mistake, hmm?

Well, I would have to say it was in an RP on another site that I happened to enter halfway through. I had only been RP'ing a small amount of time before then, and so my 'skillz' were not up to snuff. Needless to say, my character kind of hit a road block in my mind. Everyone was sort of ignoring him in the sense of the RP, and in my attempt to bring him in, I ended up making a lot of action sequences with many people dieing in the process. Needless to say, in the short amount of time I was in the RP, my kill count was pretty damn high, and people still refused to acknowledge him. Eventually the GM asked me to stop killing everyone I met, and I threw in the towel. That may sound juvenile, I know it sounds that way to me, but that would probably be the biggest mistake in my history. Going about the wrong way of things, and eventually screwing myself over.

Who/What is your favorite RP character of all time?
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:52 pm

If you are talking about our own characters (I'm going to assume you are), then I would have to say Barthon Camlin and Simion Altus, my two characters in Sephiris: The Price of Peace. I know the question was which one, but Barthon and Simion wouldn't be what they are without each other. I guess, though, I could say that I do like Barthon more. Simion, at the moment, is sort of a brat. But my future plans for him are awesome. I like these characters the most because they are, in my opinion, my most successful role-play characters. I know them, and I know how to role-play them. And I've had numerous compliments on my posts in that role-play, so kudos to those two amazing characters!

Which type of zombie do you prefer: slow undead type or fast "infection" type? Or the Dawn of the Dead remake that mixes the two?

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:25 am

Oh lord. I don't know. I love all zombies. I am a horror nerd. Zombies make great movies either way. (Great being subjective and all. They make movies that are fun to watch. Idk about talent with acting and filming and all that and so on.)

My favorite 'zombies' at the moment are the ones in The Crazies'.

Do you prefer zombies, werewolves, or vampires?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:22 am

I think I have to go with werewolves as my top pick. I absolutely adore wolves in real life (Heck, part of my job involves working with them). That said, I prefer werewolves that can phase completely into a wolf and not those half-human, half-wolf hybrids. The hybrid form is fine as long as they also have a complete wolf form. Vampire are a close second because they are just so intriguing. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of zombies. Horror movies freak me out because I scare very easily, and the only zombies I like are the ones in Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies (Great read, I highly recommend it.). Those zombies are just...silly...

Do you prefer to GM a role-play or join someone else's?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:03 pm

I prefer to GM a role-play if it is an idea I really like, something I've been working on for a while. But then, sometimes it is great to join someone else's fantastic work. For example, I would love to be GM'ing Sephiris: The Price of Peace. But if I was, I wouldn't be surprised by the story, and it wouldn't feel like I was helping shape the story. If I was the GM it would probably feel more like I was just tugging it along. I don't know. Hopefully that makes sense.

Do you prefer reading a long multi-book series or just a single good book?

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:49 pm

I love a good book, so this one's really tough for me. I'd say that a good series probably trumps a good book, because if it's a good series, it may have the same amount of development as any stand-alone novel (See Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series for proof), but there are some books that just seem to capture imaginations and stand so well alone. Two of my favorite books of all time, though, are Dune and Ender's Game, which stand in a special place in regards to this question. They both technically started a series, but were originally written as standalone works (hell, Ender's Game was just a short story), and they grew into something beautiful. Still, though, because of George R.R. Martin and Brandon Sanderson, I'm gonna have to go with series over individual novels.

Do you stick to one archetype of character (good guy, bad guy with a heart of gold, crazy guy), or do you like to mix it up?
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Oho! I love, love to mix it up. If I have a character who starts out as a classic archetype, expect something unbelievably tragic/horrifying to happen to them. I simply love to watch characters adjust to a real world after their veil of security is ripped away. I've had characters possessed, killed by their mother (to come into the Afterlife, where that RP was happening), raped, paralyzed from the waist down, turned into hulking monstrosities, forcefully made into Banshees, had it revealed that they're a bastard child, trapped inside living armor, burnt alive, forced to watch their sister eaten alive, sealed into tombs with ancient eldrirch horrors, go totally insane, forcefully fused into one being with their arch enemy, etc.

I'm quite mean when I want to be.

Do you like character development that comes from pain, or from friendship?
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Pain, as well in real life as in RP's. It builds character and is - imo - much more reliable than any character development coming from friendship.

What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Ugh. I don't know, but last night I drank milk that was so curdled it looked like cottage cheese at the bottom. >.<

Once I had a salad that a spider in it - that I did NOT eat... I don't really eat weird things.

I dip my French fries in chocolate milkshakes?

Heh. Hmm...question: what's your favorite kind of milkshake?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Chocolate all the way! It's classic, but it's delicious. Plus, I'm a chocolate fiend. ^_^

What's your favorite dish to cook?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:52 pm

It's one of my favorites too! I like peanut butter as well.

I... I can't cook. Sad Except for grilled cheese! And homemade mac'n'cheese, hard candy and one kind of cake! So any of those, heh.

What is your least favorite dish to cook?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:37 pm

Anything I don't particularly like. So why do I make them because A) my parents forced me or B) it's easy to make and I can't be bothered to do anything harder. Not any specific dishes coming to mind.

Or or! A really good dish, but it takes lots of time to make if made for many, so that's bothersome, but good in the end.

What food culture (Chinese/French/American/etc) do you like the best?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:41 am

I am going to have to say American because we take a bunch of stuff from other countries and make a slightly different recipe and that is what I like eating. Plus its the most versatile (I think).

What's your favorite TV show and why?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:07 pm

NCIS. I love crime shows over all, but NCIS is better than the others because of the characters. The characters and their relationships with each other. NCIS focus a lot of time on character development and dynamics, playing on it constantly, while solving crimes. That extra element makes it great.

Which is your least favorite TV show and why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Don't really have an answer because I only watch what I like. If I had to give an answer right now I would say American Pickers because it is based on the idea of capitalism used to collect pieces of American history that should be in a public museum.

What was the worst movie you ever saw and why was it so bad?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:20 am

Easy it was the Twilight series of movies, had to see them with a friends kids because he couldn't take them on a account of being busy. The entire bloody series seems to serve little beyond sexual fantasies for 13 year olds, it disturbs me to this day. And lets not get started on the mess it makes of vampire and lycan myths and generally accepted history so to speak. I thought Underworld was bad when it came to the whole vampire and lycan thing but Twilight is just another ball park.

What is your favorite episode of Deadliest Warrior.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:33 pm

That's easy. Spartans vs Ninjas because I am a huge fan of Spartans. That is such an awesome show.

If you could have any first edition printed book signed by its author which book would that be and why?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Lord of the Rings, absolutely no question. ^^ Why? Because Tolkien practically invented the modern fantasy genre, which is my favorite in any field. And because his are the shoulders I'm standing on, so to speak, as I build my own world. Plus Tolkien himself, just normally, was an amazing person.

What was the earliest piece of literature you can remember that definitely inspired you?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next